How serious is the situation?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

By next spring, violence will be widespread and/or the economy in shambles
26%
By the end of the year, violence will be widespread and/or the economy in shambles
27%
By the election, violence will be widespread and/or the economy in shambles
18%
Things will be worse than the Great Recession by the end of the year
5%
Things will be bad by the end of the year, but only like the great recession where it doesn't affect most people, while some rely on safety nets
19%
Everything is going to bounce back pretty quick here
5%

Total votes: 78
harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Feel free to clarify your answer or suggestion another answer. It was too hard to choose options that would satisfy everyone.

Lykos
captain of 100

Re: How serious is the situation?

Post by Lykos »

I picked ‘by the end of the year.

They will try to keep the plates in the air until the election, but no matter who wins, the media has primed the country such that either result will not be accepted as valid by tens of millions.

I think the money situation will get bad enough that places will switch to their own local trade scrip while federal reserve tries to do USD2 digital / card only currency

GrinBearIt
captain of 100

Post by GrinBearIt »

Lykos wrote: July 27th, 2020, 3:55 pm I picked ‘by the end of the year.

They will try to keep the plates in the air until the election, but no matter who wins, the media has primed the country such that either result will not be accepted as valid by tens of millions.

I think the money situation will get bad enough that places will switch to their own local trade scrip while federal reserve tries to do USD2 digital / card only currency
https://twitter.com/i/status/1287221104495427584

Clearly worse. And when the currency goes . . .
tenor.gif
tenor.gif (981.82 KiB) Viewed 1966 times

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I have tried to remain optimistic, but the past few days have me worrying.

China looms large.
Portland and Seattle are primed for an explosion.
We haven't been in our temples for 5 months.
Supreme Court just outlawed church.

I can't believe no-one is worked up. Freedom and maybe our lives hang in the balance and everyone os arguing about school and masks. Wake-up to our awful situation!

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

Today on local news ...seattle...I heard that the stats on uhauls leaving Seattle are 10 times the volumn as usual.....i think Glenn Beck mentioned it on his show this morning as well....the real estate market in the more rural parts of western Washington and the suburbs of Seattle is going completely nuts. Homes are selling in one day for over asking.....it's kinda insane...i'm actually thinking about selling some rental houses. I also have heard the jewish community in Seattle is becoming very concerned about the conditions in the city.....I think most places in western washington besides Seattle Tacoma area will be ok, but the liberal government officials in those places are really helping this movement go. The seattle court system is unavailable for misdemeanors.....only serious crimes will be adjudicated for the unforeseeable future.....so there is no recourse for petty shop lifting ect. Crimes and that is making business people in the cities very nervous.....they are saying 50 percent of restaurants in downtown seattle will not reopen. Downtown businesses are boarded up and it appears they will be until SPD can do something about the peaceful protestors. So unrest, violence, and destruction are happening on the daily.....And people are reacting......

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

tribrac wrote: July 27th, 2020, 4:37 pm I have tried to remain optimistic, but the past few days have me worrying.

China looms large.

I can't believe no-one is worked up. Freedom and maybe our lives hang in the balance and everyone os arguing about school and masks. Wake-up to our awful situation!
I agree. I am becoming more unsettled as each day passes.

Is it just me, or has there been a severe lack of messaging from the 1st Pres and the Q12? I think I have access to the main sources — lds.com, Mormon newsroom, Nelson’s Facebook and twitter accounts, and my local ward and stake Facebook pages. When I check all of those, it looks like nuthin’s going on...keep on walking. Nothing to see here.

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

The election will kick start it all off. Things will progressively get worse into next spring. Economic collapse by next summer or next fall.

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

Lizzy60 wrote: July 27th, 2020, 4:53 pm
tribrac wrote: July 27th, 2020, 4:37 pm I have tried to remain optimistic, but the past few days have me worrying.

China looms large.

I agree. I am becoming more unsettled as each day passes.

Is it just me, or has there been a severe lack of messaging from the 1st Pres and the Q12? I think I have access to the main sources — lds.com, Mormon newsroom, Nelson’s Facebook and twitter accounts, and my local ward and stake Facebook pages. When I check all of those, it looks like nuthin’s going on...keep on walking. Nothing to see here.
I believe eventually all contact with the brethren will be cut off. Hence the push for personal revelation and hearing the voice of the Lord. Too many people have relied too heavily on being told what to do, thus absolving themselves of any responsibility of choice. These are the ones who will be fearful and frozen not knowing what to do when the brethren aren't available to tell them.

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

“All of our scenarios ended in both street-level violence and political impasse,”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/group- ... -contested

Believing Joseph
captain of 100

Post by Believing Joseph »

I think it's going to be like the Great Recession. Right now unemployment is only 11 percent, only a point or two worse than in 2009. The George Floyd Riots, despite all the news coverage, have actually killed less people than the Rodney King Riots. Within a year, everything will be open again, and the economy will slowly go back to normal, though in real terms (as opposed to the phoney numbers coming out of the CBO) inflation will mean a lower standard of living for most people - just like the real standard of living in 2019 was already worse than in the 1990s.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote: July 27th, 2020, 5:55 pm...
I believe eventually all contact with the brethren will be cut off. Hence the push for personal revelation and hearing the voice of the Lord. Too many people have relied too heavily on being told what to do, thus absolving themselves of any responsibility of choice. These are the ones who will be fearful and frozen not knowing what to do when the brethren aren't available to tell them.
The brethren aren't making any discernable effort to communicate. For all the dependency they've carefully sown, this seems very odd.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

I picked the last option. I have been thinking things were the end for seven years and I am always wrong. But maybe this time I will be wrong about being wrong.

zionssuburb
captain of 100

Post by zionssuburb »

If Trump loses the election things will die down immediately, if Trump runs, it's the end of the world as we know it - There's no way we can survive 4 more years, particularly if Trump wins and loses the Senate (which is likely).

ori
captain of 1,000

Post by ori »

zionssuburb wrote: July 27th, 2020, 7:26 pm If Trump loses the election things will die down immediately, if Trump runs, it's the end of the world as we know it - There's no way we can survive 4 more years, particularly if Trump wins and loses the Senate (which is likely).
More correctly, if Trump wins, there is no way HE will survive the 4 years. (See Ezra’s Eagle prophecy). ;)

AnotherLDSPatriot
captain of 100

Post by AnotherLDSPatriot »

China looms large.

Oh, trust me: people ARE worked up. It depends on who you hang around with. But the silent majority has to open their mouths and be silent no more.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

China looms large.

Mormons are trained from an early age to be sheep. Quietly following All leadership- secular and the laws of our land, and church leaders : Follow the Prophet.

No one is ever taught, told or expected to agitate, demonstrate, or organize to fight against wrong, evil, or bad.

It was tried once a decade ago with the California Saints. That went badly.

Mormons (the minuscule minority) aren’t even applauded by leadership when they join patriotic organizations and work thru other channels to bring about Righteous change.

Nope, Mormons cut and run. They’ve been doing it for 200 years...

Lykos
captain of 100

Post by Lykos »

It didnt go badly - we won! We successfully organized and persuaded more than half of california voters to stand up for God’s laws.

The wicked panel of judges decided to override the will of the people. This happened on a federal level too.

What failed is the hearts of men. When the courts destroyed the will of the people, the representatives didn't immediately draft new legislation but instead just decided oh well the court says. They decided they wanted to be ruled by Kings rather than governing themselves

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Lykos wrote: July 28th, 2020, 7:34 am It didnt go badly - we won! We successfully organized and persuaded more than half of california voters to stand up for God’s laws.

The wicked panel of judges decided to override the will of the people. This happened on a federal level too.

What failed is the hearts of men. When the courts destroyed the will of the people, the representatives didn't immediately draft new legislation but instead just decided oh well the court says. They decided they wanted to be ruled by Kings rather than governing themselves

It went badly because you were sucker punched. Those promoting same sex marriage didn't care if you won or lost, they just wanted the opponents to waste their time, money and effort in the biggest political sink hole ever, California.

So all the time that everyone, including the Church was focused on California what did those promoting same sex marriage do? Why they went around to the other states and got courts, state legislatures, and even referendum votes in favour of same sex marriage. They knew full well that this would eventually land in the supreme court and that the more states they got lined up on their side the better the chances were that the decision would favour them. This aided one of their legal arguments, full faith and credit.

Everyone made a critical error in thinking, that is that California was some sort of special bellwether that should somehow be more important than any other state. But in the federal system California is no more important than say Iowa. What California is, however, is the most expensive states to run such a campaign in. So the proponents created a situation in which those opposing them frittered away their money an efforts in a useless exercise. Freeing those promoting same sex marriage to work their way through the other states, including I will point out Utah itself.

GrinBearIt
captain of 100

Post by GrinBearIt »

gkearney wrote: July 28th, 2020, 8:44 am
Lykos wrote: July 28th, 2020, 7:34 am It didnt go badly - we won! We successfully organized and persuaded more than half of california voters to stand up for God’s laws.

It went badly because you were sucker punched. Those promoting same sex marriage didn't care if you won or lost, they just wanted the opponents to waste their time, money and effort in the biggest political sink hole ever, California.

So all the time that everyone, including the Church was focused on California what did those promoting same sex marriage do? Why they went around to the other states and got courts, state legislatures, and even referendum votes in favour of same sex marriage. They knew full well that this would eventually land in the supreme court and that the more states they got lined up on their side the better the chances were that the decision would favour them. This aided one of their legal arguments, full faith and credit.

Everyone made a critical error in thinking, that is that California was some sort of special bellwether that should somehow be more important than any other state. But in the federal system California is no more important than say Iowa. What California is, however, is the most expensive states to run such a campaign in. So the proponents created a situation in which those opposing them frittered away their money an efforts in a useless exercise. Freeing those promoting same sex marriage to work their way through the other states, including I will point out Utah itself.
Completely agree, win the battle but lose the war;

The Church got outplayed. Nevermind it fought the wrong ideological battle, but that's because it didn't want to fight the right battle.

The right battle to fight was why is homosexual behaviors bad-the Church should have been blasting with, look these things are destructive, wicked, evil. They are physically abusive, destroy people's bodies, a significant amount of time come from prior sexual abuse.

The Church never had a winning message and so it lost. The vast, vast majority of people in modernity think
a) there is no real difference between men and women
b) since there is no real difference between men and women it does not matter if 2 men or 2 women get "married".

If A + B = C where A is man, B is woman and C is children, but then society is convinced that A and B are "equal" then the logical outcome of that is A + A = C or B + B = C.

The Church has had a losing argument against homosexuality for 25 years. It took in Babylon and then became it.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

I voted for the second to the last one but would also have checked the last one. I watched the local news here in Utah and they said the national unemployment rate is 13.1% and Utah is 5.1%. This has been a brief recession here caused by closing things down.

Of course, those still unemployed won't see it that way.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Re: What are you doing about it?

Post by harakim »

Given that 70+% of people said there would be widespread violence and/or economic collapse, it seems like it's pretty serious in most people's minds. For those who voted in one of those categories, are you considering how you will react to it? History is full of turning points where people didn't take it seriously until it was at their doorstep. I'm concerned this is going to be the same thing with a bunch of people treating this subject academically but not really doing anything about it until it's too late.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

HereWeGo wrote: July 28th, 2020, 9:51 am I voted for the second to the last one but would also have checked the last one. I watched the local news here in Utah and they said the national unemployment rate is 13.1% and Utah is 5.1%. This has been a brief recession here caused by closing things down.

Of course, those still unemployed won't see it that way.
I never thought I'd see the day when an Appalachian state (Kentucky or West Virginia) had the lowest unemployment. It was almost the highest just a couple weeks ago.
https://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

GrinBearIt
captain of 100

Re: What are you doing about it?

Post by GrinBearIt »

harakim wrote: July 28th, 2020, 9:56 am Given that 70+% of people said there would be widespread violence and/or economic collapse, it seems like it's pretty serious in most people's minds. For those who voted in one of those categories, are you considering how you will react to it? History is full of turning points where people didn't take it seriously until it was at their doorstep. I'm concerned this is going to be the same thing with a bunch of people treating this subject academically but not really doing anything about it until it's too late.
If ye are prepared ye shall not fear.

You are correct to the above. If you are prepared then you can keep a level head when those who are not prepared are losing theirs-and that saying is not just figurative!

There is already widespread violence, 60 days of riots in Portland, Austin, Aurora, etc. etc. Just because it isn't in my town doesn't mean it can't get here real fast, real soon.

Things I do-know local laws. I always carry a weapon in my vehicle now (never used to), my wife carries a weapon in the vehicle. Get the basics, like ammo, alternative methods of storage of wealth, food, and most importantly have the right mindset.

The right mindset is knowing what you will do and when to bail. I have a bail-out plan if things get bad enough. If things get bad enough, I have passports and mechanisms to leave and start over.

I'm still of the belief that things don't get really bad until the currency goes belly-up. Economics is almost always at the heart of warfare and civil unrest. Without the lockdowns, there are no riots right now. For right now, most of the people on the right have jobs, their economic situation is tenuous but not dire. Get some inflation ripping and now those who have jobs are going to get ticked.

When someone who is making 60k a year who is surviving has food prices double . . .yeah that will cause things to go bust.

layer8prob@gmail.com
captain of 100

Post by layer8prob@gmail.com »

I think eventually things will get better:

- Trump wins reelection
- House goes GOP
- GOP majority in Senate expands
- Federal RICO investigations commence against BLM and other leftist organizations
- Media conglomerates are broken up, many are sued and collapse, many executives are arrested, some tried for treason
-Tech giants are investigated, heavily taxed and face anti-trust suits
-Acandemic institutions are defunded, money diverted to trade schools
- The works of modern intellectuals are ridiculed, shunned, and later destroyed, a new cultrual revival takes place in America
- Hate crimes laws declared unconstitutional
- Leftwing agitators are jailed enmass and deported, some are tried for treason and executed
- DNC collapses due to so many of it's leadership being arrested for fraud, corruption, and even treason
- Romney and other GOPe who lost their seats are investigated for corruption and treason
- New gold backed currency issued by the US Government is instituted
- Nearly all trade with Communist China comes to a halt, they are sanctioned and regarded like the Soviet Union during the Cold War
- Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Tibet declare independence
- CCP collapses
- US establishes Lunar and Martian colonies
- Cold fusion becomes leading source of energy in North America

Did I miss anything?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

lol - this email is a bit less optimistic than layer8's above. That said, I do believe things will get better, but the writing on the wall reads differently to me in the short term.
harakim wrote: July 27th, 2020, 3:41 pm Feel free to clarify your answer or suggestion another answer. It was too hard to choose options that would satisfy everyone.
The demoncrats (and some RINOs) are behaving as though there are no election consequences for:

* Tyranny
* Torching the swing vote
* Biden's dementia
* No VP candidate
* Withholding paycheck relief
* Mass murder in 5 blue states (nursing homes)
* Unhindered riots
etc.

I've read there's not enough time to build the infrastructure to count massive mail-in voting, so why push this? Fraud seems to be the clear answer but given the above, perhaps it's just one more contrived reason to call in the UN to "save" us.

Biden being up 15 points is also so transparently false that it seems less about setting the stage of a stolen victory and more about signaling to the rest of the gadiantons that the MSM is setting the stage for larger-than-usual lies.

I'm concerned they're planning on there not being an election. Whether they succeed or not is another matter - but though neither COVID nor rioting is the October surprise, they should be a strong indicator as to what is on the venue. October may be too late for such a disruption unless a delayed election is also a part of the agenda. If Obama comes swooping in waving a UN flag .... well they'd have to take out Trump before that could happen.

*edit*

I haven't watched this yet, but according to Black Conservative Patriort, China was burning mail-in ballots! My question is - if this is true, were the ballots for stealing the election or causing such massive confusion as to justify the UN. Destabilization is right out of the CIA playbook before a coup d'é·tat
Here's more evidence that the UN is poising itself to be the solution to the problem they're certainly in-on creating:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-24/ ... r/12491624

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/24/un-dire ... women.html