Church and Facemasks

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
dewajack
captain of 100

Church and Facemasks

Post by dewajack »

I just received the following email this evening.
Dear Brothers and Sisters:

We are in the midst of a global pandemic unlike any the world has experienced in more than a century. The effects of this escalating health crisis are being felt everywhere, with incidents of COVID-19 infection rising dramatically especially in the United States, including in Utah. Latter-day Saints are not immune. Just today, more than 800 new infections were reported in our state.

A growing chorus of medical authorities has confirmed that the simple wearing of a face covering when in public and when social distancing is not possible will significantly reduce the spread of COVID-19. This is true both indoors and outdoors.

We note with appreciation the care exhibited by our members in returning to sacrament meetings wearing face masks. Now we ask all Latter-day Saints in the Utah Area to be good citizens by wearing face coverings when in public. Doing so will help promote the health and general welfare of all.

We are most grateful for all you do to minister to one another and to your neighbors. Please join with us now in common purpose for the blessing and benefit of all.

Sincerely yours,

Elder Craig C. Christensen
Elder Randy D. Funk
Elder Walter F. González

Utah Area Presidency

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Re: Church and Facemasks

Post by Alexander »

Why do church leaders need advice and permission from medical authorities? Can’t they receive revelation to know how the Lord would handle the situation? Which authorities are the brethren listening to, since we have so many contradicting reports on the effectiveness of wearing face masks? Is it the CDC? Is it the WHO? Is it some random doctor they talked to? Who verified that we should wear masks? Did God tell the brethren we need to wear masks? Where was all of this worry in years past with the flu in Utah?

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

dewajack wrote: July 10th, 2020, 9:25 pm I just received the following email this evening.

We are in the midst of a global pandemic unlike any the world has experienced in more than a century. The effects of this escalating health crisis are being felt everywhere, with incidents of COVID-19 infection rising dramatically especially in the United States, including in Utah. Latter-day Saints are not immune. Just today, more than 800 new infections were reported in our state.

A growing chorus of medical authorities has confirmed that the simple wearing of a face covering when in public and when social distancing is not possible will significantly reduce the spread of COVID-19. This is true both indoors and outdoors.

We note with appreciation the care exhibited by our members in returning to sacrament meetings wearing face masks. Now we ask all Latter-day Saints in the Utah Area to be good citizens by wearing face coverings when in public. Doing so will help promote the health and general welfare of all.

We are most grateful for all you do to minister to one another and to your neighbors. Please join with us now in common purpose for the blessing and benefit of all.

Sincerely yours,

Elder Randy D. Funk
Elder Walter F. González

Utah Area Presidency
I just got this email as well. Apparently I'm a bad citizen now because I refuse to wear a muzzle.

Kaarno
captain of 100

Post by Kaarno »

I will go, I will do.

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

abijah` wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 6:57 am pay attention - the last days are about to get SEXY
put that mask on, venus, you're no mother of ours

we would rather ishtar be ugly and concealed

she's already had her day and we've evolved since then LOL

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

I told y'all this would continue to get worse. The gospel of appearances is
Liberal-logic.png
Liberal-logic.png (277.23 KiB) Viewed 4293 times
masks.png
masks.png (429.23 KiB) Viewed 4293 times
give-me-liberty.jpg
give-me-liberty.jpg (64.9 KiB) Viewed 4293 times
All jokes aside, a face covering does FAR more harm than good which is COMMON SENSE. Lowering your oxygen intake is about the worst thing you can do during an actual pandemic, which COVID is not. The death rate continues to drop despite the best efforts of the fraudulent.

Here is a fantastic Doctor who posts truth about all this regularly with actual supporting data

https://twitter.com/ColleenHuberNMD

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

The hoax continues.

I received the ridiculous email.

I wish they had given a reply address. I would have like to reply to them.

Talk about being deeply entrenched in Satan's grip. There it is.

And all for political purposes.
dc

Honesttoafault
captain of 10

Post by Honesttoafault »

Interestingly, in February the Lord warned me the virus was "real."
He also told me I didn't have to wear a face mask to the grocery store.

I suppose this just means more time in the mountains playing with my kids and less in town.

Lemarque
captain of 100

Post by Lemarque »

dewajack wrote: July 10th, 2020, 9:25 pm I just received the following email this evening.
This is true both indoors and outdoors.
I also got the email. When I got to this part it convinced me that the covenant with death spoken of in Isaiah is happening right now. I believe that anyone pushing for outdoor mask wearing is pushing an agenda that is being given to them.

Honesttoafault
captain of 10

Post by Honesttoafault »

Lemarque wrote: July 10th, 2020, 11:29 pm
I also got the email. When I got to this part it convinced me that the covenant with death spoken of in Isaiah is happening right now. I believe that anyone pushing for outdoor mask wearing is pushing an agenda that is being given to them.
How did I miss that? That is crazy!

Say what?
captain of 100

Post by Say what? »

I am literally in shock. There is so much emphasis on religious freedom and not enough on health freedom. It is my religious freedom to decline wearing a face mask when I have learned the mask is a hoax. “Let’s be good citizens” is an insult when - 1. I believe it’s a precursor to losing more liberty. 2. I believe it is a hoax. 3. I never supported gay marriage, should we have said let’s just be good citizens and support it. 4. I want to follow the shepherd not the wolf or other sheep. 5. It is a peer pressured statement. 6. Have the area authorities done their research on the effects of prolonged face mask wearing. Even a doctors oxygen rate goes down after they were a face mask. Please stop with the persuasion and church influence until you have seen the info otherwise. Can’t the church remain silent or neutral (for liberty sake) about wearing the uncomfortable and none life saving face mask. 8. If I don’t wear a face mask in public, I’m not a good citizen?

Good GREIF! Please help us keep our freedoms not support taking them away....
Last edited by Say what? on July 11th, 2020, 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

I will love to see them enforce this !! Went to Walmart today. They had 3 people out front handing out face masks and asking people to wear them. I walked right past all 3 they didn’t say a word to me. Guess a long bearded man is intimidating to them. #NoMask

Lemarque
captain of 100

Post by Lemarque »

Honesttoafault wrote: July 10th, 2020, 11:31 pm
Lemarque wrote: July 10th, 2020, 11:29 pm
How did I miss that? That is crazy!
Yep, I would have just been annoyed with the letter had that phrase not been included. That phrase makes me suspect something nefarious.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

This is promoting a lie.

USA Population 328,200,000

Confirmed 3,240,000 (0.98%)

Deaths 136,000 (0.0414% of USA Population)

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

"Mask your face, don't mask your heart." -Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf

lol

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

I find irony that Latter-day Saints who have a long history in acting on Church leadership requests, up to and including moving into the wilderness of the American west are now suddenly objecting to something as simple as wearing a mask when asked to do so by church leaders.

To me this would seem to represent an unwinding of the Latter-day Saints as a unified group of believers. No longer is the leadership able to affect any kind of church wide response to anything. I mean if they are unable to get the membership to wear a mask what hope is there to do anything big like building Zion? Today we have members meeting in their homes, there is little to no church wide communications from the leadership general or local. There are not even online meetings. This under the leadership of a man who was, for most of his life, a medical doctor no less.

Now let's compare this to the response of our nearest theological cousins in the Community of Christ/RLDS and their approach to the same issues. Most of their congregations are, of course, much smaller numbers and so some have been able to continue with in person meetings because of thisYes. However even those that have not been able to do so have implemented weekly Sunday services where technology has permitted. The local congregations in my home town do this each Sunday and have taken to inviting their LDS friends to join them as well.

They devised a system of handling sacrament/communion even for those with no priesthood in the home. Their president,Stephen M. Veazey, sends out weekly messages to the faithful encouraging them. Members of the twelve were dispatched to the various mission regions to do the same. I have not heard, from my family, of any rebellion to wearing masks with in their membership when Veazey asked it of them.

Now I'm not saying they did everything right and the LDS did everything wrong but I think their experience has been in some ways more productive.

What I read here, and I understand that LDSFF is far from being representative of the church as a whole, gives me real concern that the LDS Church will simply fly apart over this and related issues. That in the end all that will be left are big buildings with no one in them as the Latter-day Saints fracture into 100's of small self contained and self directed groups each viewing the other with hostility and suspicion. It would be the ultimate irony that the smaller RLDS come out of all of this as the only intact body of Book of Mormon believers. The first shall be last and the last shall be first I guess.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

I sure hope ALL the GA's - from President Nelson to the lowliest Seventy to any women speaking to those saying the prayers - will be wearing face masks during this October's General Conference, or they will be shown to be hypocrites. They need to show us by example how to be good (global) citizens.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Sincerely yours,

Elder Randy D. Funk
Elder Walter F. González

Utah Area Presidency
I live in Utah and I didn't get one. I must be on some list. But it's my understanding that ONLY Utahns received this email since it was the UTAH area presidency that sent it out. All other Americans outside Utah and global citizens may remain good citizens without wearing a mask. We here in Utah are being overtaken by king-men (Herbert, Cox, etc) and Gadiantons and the Nephites who support them.
Last edited by marc on July 11th, 2020, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

gkearney wrote: July 11th, 2020, 10:52 am I find irony that Latter-day Saints who have a long history in acting on Church leadership requests, up to and including moving into the wilderness of the American west are now suddenly objecting to something as simple as wearing a mask when asked to do so by church leaders.

To me this would seem to represent an unwinding of the Latter-day Saints as a unified group of believers. No longer is the leadership able to affect any kind of church wide response to anything. I mean if they are unable to get the membership to wear a mask what hope is there to do anything big like building Zion? Today we have members meeting in their homes, there is little to no church wide communications from the leadership general or local. There are not even online meetings. This under the leadership of a man who was, for most of his life, a medical doctor no less.

Now let's compare this to the response of our nearest theological cousins in the Community of Christ/RLDS and their approach to the same issues. Most of their congregations are, of course, much smaller numbers and so some have been able to continue with in person meetings because of thisYes. However even those that have not been able to do so have implemented weekly Sunday services where technology has permitted. The local congregations in my home town do this each Sunday and have taken to inviting their LDS friends to join them as well.

They devised a system of handling sacrament/communion even for those with no priesthood in the home. Their president,Stephen M. Veazey, sends out weekly messages to the faithful encouraging them. Members of the twelve were dispatched to the various mission regions to do the same. I have not heard, from my family, of any rebellion to wearing masks with in their membership when Veazey asked it of them.

Now I'm not saying they did everything right and the LDS did everything wrong but I think their experience has been in some ways more productive.

What I read here, and I understand that LDSFF is far from being representative of the church as a whole, gives me real concern that the LDS Church will simply fly apart over this and related issues. That in the end all that will be left are big buildings with no one in them as the Latter-day Saints fracture into 100's of small self contained and self directed groups each viewing the other with hostility and suspicion. It would be the ultimate irony that the smaller RLDS come out of all of this as the only intact body of Book of Mormon believers. The first shall be last and the last shall be first I guess.
Like divide ourselves into "-ites"? Now where have I seen that happen before????

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

Attachments
FB_IMG_1594485591868.jpg
FB_IMG_1594485591868.jpg (66.12 KiB) Viewed 3930 times

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Who are the brethren taking commandments from? Man? Or the Lord?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

marc wrote: July 11th, 2020, 11:09 am

Sincerely yours,

Elder Randy D. Funk
Elder Walter F. González

Utah Area Presidency
I live in Utah and I didn't get one. I must be on some list. But it's my understanding that ONLY Utahns received this email since it was the UTAH area presidency that sent it out. All other Americans outside Utah and global citizens may remain good citizens without wearing a mask. We here in Utah are being overtaken by king-men (Herbert, Cox, etc) and Gadiantons and the Nephites who support them.
The email was almost immediately published on the Stake Facebook page for my stake in TX, with an admonition that we also do the same thing. Masks indoors and out, instead of just in business establishments like our current municipal directive.

Robbinius
captain of 100

Post by Robbinius »

Lizzy60 wrote: July 11th, 2020, 12:08 pm

Sincerely yours,

Elder Randy D. Funk
Elder Walter F. González

Utah Area Presidency
The email was almost immediately published on the Stake Facebook page for my stake in TX, with an admonition that we also do the same thing. Masks indoors and out, instead of just in business establishments like our current municipal directive.
Alma 3:13 Now we will return again to the Amlicites, for they also had a mark set upon them; yea, they set the mark upon themselves, yea, even a mark of red upon their foreheads.
14 Thus the word of God is fulfilled, for these are the words which he said to Nephi: Behold, the Lamanites have I cursed, and I will set a mark on them that they and their seed may be separated from thee and thy seed, from this time henceforth and forever, except they repent of their wickedness and turn to me that I may have mercy upon them.
15 And again: I will set a mark upon him that mingleth his seed with thy brethren, that they may be cursed also.
16 And again: I will set a mark upon him that fighteth against thee and thy seed.
17 And again, I say he that departeth from thee shall no more be called thy seed; and I will bless thee, and whomsoever shall be called thy seed, henceforth and forever; and these were the promises of the Lord unto Nephi and to his seed.
18 Now the Amlicites knew not that they were fulfilling the words of God when they began to mark themselves in their foreheads; nevertheless they had come out in open rebellion against God; therefore it was expedient that the curse should fall upon them.
19 Now I would that ye should see that they brought upon themselves the curse; and even so doth every man that is cursed bring upon himself his own condemnation.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Lizzy60 wrote: July 11th, 2020, 12:08 pm

Sincerely yours,

Elder Randy D. Funk
Elder Walter F. González

Utah Area Presidency
Has anyone seen any photos of any of the 15 with face masks on? There are always tons of photos of them in all the pseudo (LDS Living magazine, etc.) and official (Ensign, etc.) Church publications, but I have yet to see even one photo of any of the 15 with a face mask on (in any setting). Strange, considering their obsession with admonishing all of us members to wear them 24/7.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I personally don't equate wearing mask with the Amlicites' red marking. While both do represent a marking of sorts, wearing a mask doesn't equal to open rebellion against God in my estimation. But having endured a gamut of government overreach, I am sick to death of being propagandized by the Gadiantons of government, whether global, national or local (Utah), especially here in Utah where leaders should know better. But why should I be surprised? In the BoM, even those who were of the church were part of the problem. No doubt the same problems plague our own church here in Utah where leaders have one foot in service to the church and the other in partaking of the spoils of Babylon, having to walk a line that comes with being part of a 501c3 corporation. Serving both God and Mammon. It sickens me.
3 Nephi 6:15 Now the cause of this iniquity of the people was this—Satan had great power, unto the stirring up of the people to do all manner of iniquity, and to the puffing them up with pride, tempting them to seek for power, and authority, and riches, and the vain things of the world.

16 And thus Satan did lead away the hearts of the people to do all manner of iniquity; therefore they had enjoyed peace but a few years.

17 And thus, in the commencement of the thirtieth year—the people having been delivered up for the space of a long time to be carried about by the temptations of the devil whithersoever he desired to carry them, and to do whatsoever iniquity he desired they should—and thus in the commencement of this, the thirtieth year, they were in a state of awful wickedness.

18 Now they did not sin ignorantly, for they knew the will of God concerning them, for it had been taught unto them; therefore they did wilfully rebel against God.

21 Now there were many of the people who were exceedingly angry because of those who testified of these things; and those who were angry were chiefly the chief judges, and they who had been high priests and lawyers; yea, all those who were lawyers were angry with those who testified of these things.