Church and Facemasks

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Re: Church and Facemasks

Post by FoundMyEden »

Great8 wrote: March 16th, 2021, 7:28 am
SempiternalHarbinger wrote: July 11th, 2020, 10:16 am "Mask your face, don't mask your heart." -Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf

lol
Mask your political contributions!
Best Comment of The Day Award!

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: March 16th, 2021, 6:03 am
J2 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:16 pm My ward has started having activities again, and at the most recent activity, I noticed that the masks are starting to come off. There were several people who took their masks off when they saw others doing it. By the end of the evening there were probably 20-30% of people not wearing masks. This is a positive development!

I think it helps that the person in charge of the activity wasn't wearing a mask at all. :)
Wonderful! I’ve moved to the singles ward now, and at an activity yesterday we had maybe 6 people out of 30 wear masks. A joyous sight to be had 😎
Imagine dating a woman for a couple years and not seeing her smile until the wedding night.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Fred wrote: March 16th, 2021, 10:39 am
J2 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:16 pm My ward has started having activities again, and at the most recent activity, I noticed that the masks are starting to come off. There were several people who took their masks off when they saw others doing it. By the end of the evening there were probably 20-30% of people not wearing masks. This is a positive development!

I think it helps that the person in charge of the activity wasn't wearing a mask at all. :)
Wonderful! I’ve moved to the singles ward now, and at an activity yesterday we had maybe 6 people out of 30 wear masks. A joyous sight to be had 😎
Imagine dating a woman for a couple years and not seeing her smile until the wedding night.
😂😂

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Fred wrote: March 16th, 2021, 10:39 am

😂 Then seeing a couple pull their masks down to make out, putting them back on to get in the car together.

I need to make a podcast, “Sad But True Stories”.

James Paul
captain of 100

Post by James Paul »

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote: July 11th, 2020, 11:11 am Image
As I read the first seven words of that quote, I recognized the words which were a major part of my conversion to the truth. It has allowed me to withstand MANY foolish claims regarding truth versus fiction. If it is sold by fear, none should even question who is behind it.The Godliness of a loving Father is easy to recognize. Willingly wearing a COMMANDED Mask demonstrates which voice we follow. The wicked ARE destroying the wicked.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

James Paul wrote: March 17th, 2021, 11:56 pm If it is sold by fear, none should even question who is behind it.
And that is very simply what it comes down to, and should be obvious to any scripture-believing person. Thank you, brother.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

EmmaLee wrote: March 26th, 2021, 3:39 pm
James Paul wrote: March 17th, 2021, 11:56 pm If it is sold by fear, none should even question who is behind it.
And that is very simply what it comes down to, and should be obvious to any scripture-believing person. Thank you, brother.
Obvious to someone who knows scripture, but not the president of the church 😢

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

buffalo_girl wrote: March 16th, 2021, 10:02 am I substituted in Primary the other day. Our Bishop is a doctor, so even though the Governor of the State, has lifted a mask mandate, our Ward still wears them. We live in the country so I am not used to wearing one.

Wearing a mask makes it hard for me to get my breath, and curiously makes it near impossible to understand what people are saying even in a small classroom. Those poor children were each wearing a mask, too!

I'm not sure anyone got anything out of that lesson, other than one little fellow who extrapolating from our discussion on The Resurrection said he looked forward to the resurrection of the dinosaur and the mastodon! I was well pleased with his input.
My autistic son is allowed an exception to wearing a mask because his instructors need to see him moving his lips. It’s tempting to lie about being deaf and say that you need to see someone’s lips moving.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

buffalo_girl wrote: March 16th, 2021, 10:02 am I substituted in Primary the other day. Our Bishop is a doctor, so even though the Governor of the State, has lifted a mask mandate, our Ward still wears them. We live in the country so I am not used to wearing one.

Wearing a mask makes it hard for me to get my breath, and curiously makes it near impossible to understand what people are saying even in a small classroom. Those poor children were each wearing a mask, too!

I'm not sure anyone got anything out of that lesson, other than one little fellow who extrapolating from our discussion on The Resurrection said he looked forward to the resurrection of the dinosaur and the mastodon! I was well pleased with his input.
When it’s spring or summer, wearing one makes me sweat a whole lot. I said screw it and don’t wear them at this point since I already got infected and recovered. I order delivery or pick up in groceries since none of them let you in without one.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Benjamin_LK wrote: March 26th, 2021, 4:05 pm

When it’s spring or summer, wearing one makes me sweat a whole lot. I said screw it and don’t wear them at this point since I already got infected and recovered. I order delivery or pick up in groceries since none of them let you in without one.
I never wore one until I went on my mission... That didn’t last long.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: March 26th, 2021, 4:07 pm

All I can say is more sweating means drink more water, and you don’t have true protection when you drink water

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Benjamin_LK wrote: March 26th, 2021, 4:36 pm

All I can say is more sweating means drink more water, and you don’t have true protection when you drink water
Logic has been lost 😞

True protection comes from a healthy lifestyle, which I haven’t seen promoted by media lately... however, Krispy Kreme is giving free donuts to vaccinated ppl. #HELLth

TrueFaith
captain of 1,000

Post by TrueFaith »

We are told that even though wearing a mask may not be effective against viral transmission, we do it to show, "Christ-like love" (ie Charity) to others who are fearful. The problem here is that a requirement of Charity is that we, "Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth" (1 Corin 13:6).

If we are promoting something we know is not true to spare feelings, we are not expressing Christ-like love at all.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

TrueFaith wrote: March 26th, 2021, 5:02 pm We are told that even though wearing a mask may not be effective against viral transmission, we do it to show, "Christ-like love" (ie Charity) to others who are fearful. The problem here is that a requirement of Charity is that we, "Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth" (1 Corin 13:6).

If we are promoting something we know is not true to spare feelings, we are not expressing Christ-like love at all.
Tying something as cherished and wonderful to me as Christ-like attributes to the satanic mask mandates was one of the worst things he could have done.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

Did they call you back with the crisis ongoing? I was going to ask that because during Ebola, missionaries got called home who were serving in Africa during that time.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Benjamin_LK wrote: March 26th, 2021, 8:31 pm

Did they call you back with the crisis ongoing? I was going to ask that because during Ebola, missionaries got called home who were serving in Africa during that time.
Yes I was sent home in February because I gave them a medical exemption from wearing a mask. I would have been sent home regardless as I refused to wear the mask with or without that exemption.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: March 26th, 2021, 8:35 pm

Yes I was sent home in February because I gave them a medical exemption from wearing a mask. I would have been sent home regardless as I refused to wear the mask with or without that exemption.
Would they ever let you wipe your face or just change the mask? I say that because working with poisonous chemicals I was allowed to leave the “danger zone” to make sure I didn’t get dehydrated or heat stroke along with my coworkers. Yes the total time wearing the protective equipment was hours, but we took breaks during that time, for the sake of being safe in our work as we could. I honestly worked at home when I could during this mess (accounting) even when I was in the office I took it off or swapped it out in the restroom. Some people freaked out over me not wearing it nonstop (coworkers). But I didn’t have it off for more than minutes and wasn’t in any close proximity. I had enough of being there without not wanting to be able to keep myself reasonably clean or healthy when I could.
Last edited by Benjamin_LK on March 26th, 2021, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Benjamin_LK wrote: March 26th, 2021, 8:37 pm

Would they ever let you wipe your face or just change the mask?
My mission president asked our entire mission to wear a mask as soon as we left our apartment, even if we were alone. Yes, I don't see why we wouldn't be able to wipe our face or change it. Not a concern of mine as I almost never wore it, I got in trouble for it many times.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: March 26th, 2021, 8:41 pm

My mission president asked our entire mission to wear a mask as soon as we left our apartment, even if we were alone. Yes, I don't see why we wouldn't be able to wipe our face or change it. Not a concern of mine as I almost never wore it, I got in trouble for it many times.
A cloth mask or N95 if soaked in sweat, becomes ineffective, poisonous chemicals and germs can get in through the mask by what is known as capillary action where germs and particles flow in through the droplets and moisture in the mask. Even surgeons change theirs via an assistant for the sake of sanitation. I find it so odd that someone like me who worked with hazardous materials has to be the one to mention this. I wasn’t a doctor, but I sure as heck didn’t want to breathe those hazardous materials in and used a respirator with an exhale valve to lessen the moisture accumulation, cool the equipment, and relieve the pressure to keep the respirator sealed to my face.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Benjamin_LK wrote: March 26th, 2021, 8:46 pm

A cloth mask or N95 if soaked in sweat, becomes ineffective, poisonous chemicals and germs can get in through the mask by what is known as capillary action where germs and particles flow in through the droplets and moisture in the mask. Even surgeons change theirs via an assistant for the sake of sanitation. I find it so odd that someone like me who worked with hazardous materials has to be the one to mention this. I wasn’t a doctor, but I sure as heck didn’t want to breathe those hazardous materials in and used a respirator with an exhale valve to lessen the moisture accumulation, cool the equipment, and relieve the pressure to keep the respirator sealed to my face.
Absolutely, which is why I find it horrendous that missionaries are forced to wear them in most places, and that we are asked to wear them in church. Any facial covering, N95 included, is ineffective at preventing the transmission of a virus.

They are a symbol of submissiveness.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: March 26th, 2021, 8:49 pm
Benjamin_LK wrote: March 26th, 2021, 8:46 pm

Absolutely, which is why I find it horrendous that missionaries are forced to wear them in most places, and that we are asked to wear them in church. Any facial covering, N95 included, is ineffective at preventing the transmission of a virus.

They are a symbol of submissiveness.
The static of an N95 mask’s fabric can catch dust and chemical droplets via the static charge. However, in addition to what I said above, the N95 getting wet negates the static, which is why surgeons change it. Ultraviolet air purifiers would drastically reduce bacteria and viruses in the air. But one has to ask why so few places besides operating rooms and the vehicles that transport the President of the United States have them, when it would make a big difference.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

RocknRoll wrote: August 17th, 2020, 5:20 pm
discoqueendiva wrote: August 9th, 2020, 4:03 pm Lol, such interesting times we live in, I recall we cant wear face masks during Halloween in a church building, due to masked people killing Joseph Smith, now we are required to wear masks, these mask are Different but still i feel it ironic, that we now are required to wear mask in church🤣
It’s funny that you think you are comparing apples to apples here. Hmmm…
endlessismyname wrote: August 9th, 2020, 7:54 pm That is the scariest picture I’ve seen in a long time. No joke. A bunch of faceless, nameless zombies staring at a camera. Unbelievable.
You sure scare easy. Probably just a bunch of medical professionals posing for the camera to be funny.
Juliet wrote: August 10th, 2020, 11:52 am I think on a physical level, if we want to do something it has to be in a group. If we can get a group of a thousand people to storm the market with no face mask we could get our rights back. It is absolutely not trespassing to visit a shopping center and show one's mouth and nose. This is a human right.
Our rights are self evident and given by God. We do not need the right to show one's face in the market to be stated on a piece of paper for it to be true. It is a self evident right even in a state of emergency. Mask wearing cannot be compelled.
It will take a large group to reinstate this right. Individually we are not strong enough
Is it trespassing to go shirtless or barefoot in a shopping center, if they have a sign saying otherwise? Shopping centers are privately owned. They can enforce any rule they choose as long as the rules apply to everyone.
JohnnyL wrote: August 17th, 2020, 9:44 am If you are coughing and sneezing--how many times do you do that when you are not sick, and if you are not sick, why does it matter?? Other than that, studies show interesting results. Of all the studies with doctors wearing masks DURING SURGERY, guess what? If anything, it made infection rates go UP, not down. So no, it doesn't have any positive result.
You sure quoted a lot of studies (with no links so we could check them for ourselves) that show doctors or surgeons wearing masks make people sicker. Were these studies peer reviewed? Funny how all the doctors, surgeons, nurses, dentists, etc. around the worlds still wear them religiously. I guess you know something they don’t? I still trust my local medical professionals over some studies cited on the internet.
It’s important for the doctor to cover their mouth and nose so that the sweat and drool don’t fall on the patient. A bacterial infection from such an accident would be pretty bad. If you are a doctor with a disease such as the flu, you are off work, in fact during this pandemic you are off work if you have full blown symptoms because when you have full blown symptoms, you are secreting higher concentrations of the virus and are more contagious to the point where not even a mask will stop it, especially during an 8-12 hour work day where you are sharing the same circulated air with others in the building. Surgical rooms also have air filtered to make sure that there is minimal dust, and Ultraviolet radiation is also used in the system to kill germs in the circulating air. So yes, some operating room where they perform surgery in a modern nation with modern medical technology is extremely clean, however, as work and medical rules show, it’s not foolproof against an airborne virus, and sick doctors and patients are postponed or sent home to be sure. Also true is the fact that those who are doctors and food service are among the highest risk of infection speaks for itself.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

M95 masks say right on the packaging "Not effective against Corona virus"
The reason the church wants people to wear it is because it is a symbol of devotion and compliance. Satan views the covid mask in a similar manner as the pope views the catholic clergy collar. Neither prevent disease. Both are symbolic.

J2
captain of 100

Post by J2 »

Fred wrote: March 26th, 2021, 9:37 pm M95 masks say right on the packaging "Not effective against Corona virus"
The reason the church wants people to wear it is because it is a symbol of devotion and compliance. Satan views the covid mask in a similar manner as the pope views the catholic clergy collar. Neither prevent disease. Both are symbolic.
If I recall correctly, Fauci even said they were symbolic. ;)

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

Fred wrote: March 26th, 2021, 9:37 pm M95 masks say right on the packaging "Not effective against Corona virus"
Legal doublespeak. The makers know that some of the people wearing them will be infected. There will be cases where it will fail to prevent. It’s stating that “it’s not my fault if you still get infected. It’s a way to say hey, you can’t sue me if this fails because I already let you know that it could.