Joseph Smith received two Patriarchal Blessings, which show that he's coming back to finish his mission

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
William Law
captain of 50

Joseph Smith received two Patriarchal Blessings, which show that he's coming back to finish his mission

Post by William Law »

Joseph Smith received two patriarchal blessings. One from his father, the patriarch of the church, and the other from Oliver Cowdery.

In both blessings he is promised to be an active participant in the events of the last days, which have not yet occurred. In order for these blessings to be fulfilled, he will have to come back and finish his mission.

Blessing from Joseph Smith Sr., 9 December 1834, Page 4

https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper ... ber-1834/1

In the blessing Joseph was promised that although in his first ministry he would be “marred” for a "little season" he would eventually “rise up” in the end times and “roar in strength." This connects him to the marred servant, which is the Davidic servant, Christ spoke about when he visited the Nephites.

No weapon formed against him shall prosper, and though the wicked mar him for a little sea son, he shall be like one rising up in the heat of wine— he shall roar in his strength, and the Lord shall put to flight his persecutors: his he shall be blessed like the fruitful olive, and his memory shall be as sweet as the choice cluster of the first ripe grapes. Like <a> shief [sheaf] fully ripe, gathered into the garner, so shall he stand before the Lord, having produced a hundred fold. Thus spake my father Joseph. Therefore, my son, I know for a surety that these things will be fulfilled, and I confirm upon thee all these blessings.

In the blessing it is verified that Joseph would hold the keys of the presidency of the Lord’s church during the end times. Indeed, the blessing prophesies that Joseph would cause the entire earth to tremble, change the course of rivers, and cause the lame to walk, the deaf to hear and the blind to see. He would also be gathered to Zion and enjoy his inheritance in that goodly land.

-thou shalt hold the keys of this ministry, even the presidency of this church, both in time and in eternity. Thy heart shall be enlarged, and thou shalt be able to fill up the measure of thy days according to the will of the Lord. Thou shalt speak the word of the Lord and the earth shall tremble; the mountains shall move and the rivers shall turn out of their course. Thou shalt escape the edge of the sword, and put to flight the armies of the wicked. At thy word the lame shall walk, the deaf shall hear and the blind shall see. Thou shalt be gathered to Zion and in the goodly land thou shalt enjoy thine inheritance

The blessing certifies that Joseph will be standing on the earth when it reels to and fro as a drunken man and is removed out of its place:

Thou shalt stand upon the earth when it shall reel to and fro as a drun ken man, and be removed out of its place: thou shalt stand when the mighty judg ments go forth to the destruction of the wicked: thou shalt stand on mount Zion when the tribes of Jacob come shouting from the north, and with thy brethren, the sons of Ephraim, crown them in the name of Jesus Christ

Joseph’s Patriarchal Blessing from Oliver

https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper ... ber-1835/1

About a year after getting a patriarchal blessing from his father, Oliver Cowdery received a revelation concerning the prophetic calling of Joseph Smith which he referred to as a “Patriarchal Blessing”. In the revelation it is revealed that Joseph would gather the “strength of my house” and “build up the waste places”

..like Moses of old, shall he hear the voice, saying, I am the God of thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, I have seen, I have seen, the affliction of my people and am come down to deliver them: go, thou, and say to the strength of my house, To your tents, O Israel: build up the wastes and raise up the foundation of desolation that this generation has made…

After likening Joseph to Moses, the revelation goes on to liken him to Joseph of Egypt in that he will “gather into store-houses and barns until they overflow.. that by this means shall the just be saved from famine..”

..For, like Joseph of old shall he be: he shall save the just from desolation, by the wise counsel of the Almighty; for by his direction shall they gather into store-houses and barns, till they overflow with the richness of the fruit of harvest: and by this means shall the just be saved from famine, while the nations of the wicked are distressed and faint.

In due time shall he go forth toward the north, and by the power of his word shall the deep begin to give way and the ice melt before the sun. By the keys of the Kingdom shall he lead Israel into the land of Zion while the house of Jacob shouts in the danse and in the song— Joy, O my soul, in that day, for thou shalt be with him and bear thy part in the keys which are confirmed <upon> thee for an everlasting priesthood, forever and ever..

His fame shall be sounded in foreign lands, even to the ends of the earth, as well as nigh at home: for in this the times shall change— a prophet shall have honor in his own country. His learning and wisdom shall astonish the great, for they shall acknowledge that by his intelligence he has far surpassed their learng <learning> and their science. In palaces of governors, rulers and kings shall he be honored, even in his person, for God shall give him power to prevail. He shall be a lawgiver to Israel and shall teach the house of Jacob the statutes of the Most High. His testimony shall shine like the sun, and the weight of his influence shall be like the great river that rises on the east of the lasting hills, and flows into the great deep— so shall his righteousness ever abound… he shall be welcomed into the presence of kings and the great ones of the earth; for he shall claim his place among the nobles of the earth and shall be reverenced by them.

Notice how this prophecy states that Joseph’s return to the earth will result in a fame that spreads to foreign nations.

In these two blessings it is established that Joseph is the marred servant, spoken of by Christ, and that he will be returning to fulfill a great mission in the last days.

At this point we might ask the question of how Joseph was marred?

Speaking of his last days servant (Joseph Smith), the Savior said "his visage was so marred, more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men."

In what way was Joseph's "visage so severely married, more than any man?"

Could it be that his character was marred beyond recognition?

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Re: Joseph Smith received two Patriarchal Blessings, which show that he's coming back to finish his mission

Post by Zathura »

William Law, you seem to forget what you said about Joseph Smith SR, your disdain for him and his boring repetitive blessings . Interesting to see you cite his blessing now. Change of heart eh?

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Re: Joseph Smith received two Patriarchal Blessings, which show that he's coming back to finish his mission

Post by Zathura »

You have known the parents of the prophet, old Lucy and old Joe, the Abraham of this new dispensation?”

“Oh, yes, I knew them. Old Lucy was in her dotage at that time; she seemed a harmless old woman. Old Joe sold blessings, so much a head, always in the same style–that my sons should be emperors and my daughters mothers of queens, and that everybody should have as many children as there was sands on the shore. Old Joe was an old tramp.”

(“Interview with William Law. March 30, 1887,” Daily Tribune: Salt Lake City, July 31, 1887).

William Law
captain of 50

Post by William Law »

Zathura wrote: July 8th, 2020, 11:54 pm
You have known the parents of the prophet, old Lucy and old Joe, the Abraham of this new dispensation?”

“Oh, yes, I knew them. Old Lucy was in her dotage at that time; she seemed a harmless old woman. Old Joe sold blessings, so much a head, always in the same style–that my sons should be emperors and my daughters mothers of queens, and that everybody should have as many children as there was sands on the shore. Old Joe was an old tramp.”

(“Interview with William Law. March 30, 1887,” Daily Tribune: Salt Lake City, July 31, 1887).
Yes I guess you could say that this is the new and improved William Law, who has had a change of heart and no longer renounces the truthfulness of the Latter Day Saint faith, like the real did not long after the martyrdom of Joseph Smith.

Let's not make this about what the real William Law said after he left Nauvoo and lost his testimony of the restoration. I only used the name William Law to drive home the truth he proclaimed in the Nauvoo Expositor. If you would like to attempt to disprove his claims, then I would politely ask that do so on that thread, and not this one, so as not to distract from the narrative I'm presenting.

At this point I've left the role of the 1844 William Law behind, and am on to proposing a solution to the very troubling truths he declared. I should probably consider changing my name to avoid confusion.

Do you have any thoughts on the contents of these two Patriarchal Blessings or the other evidence I have presented so far?

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

These blessings brought to my remembrance a part of a dream/vision I had in 2010. This is one of my most powerful dreams which I knew was from the Lord. In it I saw what I understood to be our living prophet leading the saints in a gathering event, but the Spirit communicated that Joseph and Brigham would be a part of the process. I found it interesting that that point was made to me. I don't know how they will participate, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Joseph Smith as the DS and “marred servant” makes a lot of sense. It’s pretty exciting, actually, when I think about it.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

In the blessing given by Cowdery, I especially like the part which states that Joseph will be a zookeeper:
He shall also be filled with abundance of the fat of the earth: his flocks shall bring forth thousands and tens of thousands: his fats shall overflow with wine and oil: his cattle shall increase to a multitude: he shall have horses and mules, asses, she asses and dromedaries, camels and elephants, and all swift beasts, and when he goes forth in haste his chariots shall roar like the approach of an army: he shall have gold and silver, precious stones, diamonds, pearls, and the pure platina [platinum], with the antiquities of every kind.

https://archive.org/details/early-patri ... 2/mode/2up

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

Joseph didn't receive the "Power of Resurrection" as part of the Fullness of the Priesthood. If he is to be resurrected, then it will require another "Agent" of the Priesthood to do so - having that key.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Sarah wrote: July 9th, 2020, 8:35 am These blessings brought to my remembrance a part of a dream/vision I had in 2010. This is one of my most powerful dreams which I knew was from the Lord. In it I saw what I understood to be our living prophet leading the saints in a gathering event, but the Spirit communicated that Joseph and Brigham would be a part of the process. I found it interesting that that point was made to me. I don't know how they will participate, but it will be interesting to see what happens.
2010 is when the seventh seal opened. It is interesting that Joseph and Brigham play a role, but not necessarily lead roles. Brigham may have also been duped, and innocent of Jospeh’s martyrdom, carried out by jail mates that paid him a visit.

The Airbender
captain of 1,000

Post by The Airbender »

BruceRGilbert wrote: July 9th, 2020, 7:02 pm Joseph didn't receive the "Power of Resurrection" as part of the Fullness of the Priesthood. If he is to be resurrected, then it will require another "Agent" of the Priesthood to do so - having that key.
Joseph Smith will be back as a twin to lead us as a little child.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

The Airbender wrote: March 29th, 2022, 4:29 pm
BruceRGilbert wrote: July 9th, 2020, 7:02 pm Joseph didn't receive the "Power of Resurrection" as part of the Fullness of the Priesthood. If he is to be resurrected, then it will require another "Agent" of the Priesthood to do so - having that key.
So will Michael, Noah, Abraham, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Hosea, Peter, Hames, John, etc. Joseph prophesied that the holy fathers would join hands with us to bring forth Zion.

The Airbender
captain of 1,000

Post by The Airbender »

Mamabear wrote: March 29th, 2022, 4:43 pm
So will Michael, Noah, Abraham, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Hosea, Peter, Hames, John, etc. Joseph prophesied that the holy fathers would join hands with us to bring forth Zion.
I was reading the Cardston prophecy earlier. She indicates what you say- that all the leaders through all of the ages were the same people.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

The Airbender wrote: April 5th, 2022, 5:58 pm
I was reading the Cardston prophecy earlier. She indicates what you say- that all the leaders through all of the ages were the same people.
I wasn’t saying that all those leaders were one person. I was saying that they (each of them) will come back to help bring Zion, as Joseph said.

The Airbender
captain of 1,000

Post by The Airbender »

Mamabear wrote: April 5th, 2022, 6:06 pm
The Airbender wrote: April 5th, 2022, 5:58 pm

I wasn’t saying that all those leaders were one person. I was saying that they (each of them) will come back to help bring Zion, as Joseph said.
All of the god are one under the One True God. The Nations of the Earth were divided by the number of Israel like yeast scattered among Leven.

I agree with you.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

William Law wrote: July 8th, 2020, 11:39 pm he will be returning
The Seer and the Spokesman of 2 Ne 3 will both return. Sydney will be with Joseph. The two great prophets prophesied by Joseph of old 4000 years ago.