Faithful Latter-day Saints Should Reject the Black Lives Matter Group

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Mike Griffith
captain of 100

Faithful Latter-day Saints Should Reject the Black Lives Matter Group

Post by Mike Griffith »

After spending a few hours on the Black Lives Matter (BLM) website and also on the BLM Facebook page, I found more BLM positions and statements that further reveal the group's radical nature. Below are just a few of the statements that caught my attention (to be as generous as possible, I have corrected the typos/grammatical errors in the statements):

"The time is now to defund the police."

"Modern-day policing institutions have their roots, it must be told, in slave catching."

"These systems [police departments] were created to hunt, to mame, and to kill black people."

“We’re not going to just be able to get rid of prisons in one day, overnight. This is going to be a process.”

"Like all fascists he [President Trump] believes that unity can only be achieved through violence."

"ICE agents raid homes, drag families apart, and destroy communities."

"In fact, every Black American knows the sole of that boot [the boot of white oppression] all too well. We sense it every time we see urban police use the same tactics in our neighborhood that the IDF [Israel Defense Force] uses in Gaza."

"We know that black communities have been living in persistent fear of being killed by state authorities and immigration agents."

"We also demand that local schools, colleges, and universities, and all public institutions, cut ties with the police."

"White communities are used to consciously and unconsciously maintaining the racist policies and practices that led to Trayvon’s [Trayvon Martin's] death." (Actually, Martin was the aggressor in the incident, and the man who shot him passed two polygraphs and was found not guilty at trial. The man only shot Martin after Martin punched him, held him down, and began to slam his head against the pavement. By the way, the man was half-Hispanic and was highly regarded by the blacks who knew him.)

Here are some of the BLM positions that caught my attention:

-- Continuation of legalized abortion

-- Transgender rights (including the right to use the bathroom of the gender that a person self-identifies as)

-- Globalism/doing away with national boundaries

-- Defunding all police departments

-- Repeal of stand-your-ground laws

-- Cancellation of all student loans, medical bills, and other forms of debt

-- Israel is guilty of genocide and should be boycotted

-- Abolition of all voter ID laws

-- Reparations for slavery

-- Abolition of prisons

As someone who was raised Jewish for a short time in my childhood, as someone who speaks Hebrew and has spent time in Israel, and as someone who has long been interested in all things Israeli, I am particularly offended by BLM's repeated slanders against the state of Israel, by BLM's blind support for Palestinian extremists, and by BLM's refusal to condemn Palestinian terrorism against Jews in Israel. Here is an article by a Jewish writer who explains the problems he has with BLM:

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/arti ... r-problem/

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Faithful Latter-day Saints Should Reject the Black Lives Matter Group

Post by Luke »

I agree with this besides what you said about Israel

Israel is a wicked nation

Revelation 2:9; 3:9 sums them up well...

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Luke wrote: June 14th, 2020, 11:17 am I agree with this besides what you said about Israel

Isreal is God's covenant people,their judgment is reserved for God. He will judge them at the battle of Gog. They will bury their dead for seven months, but the judgment for the nations that seek to destroy them will be worse.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

You failed to mention that BLM openly states: "We are committed to disrupting the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure..."

According to God's prophets, the family unit is fundamental not only to society and to the Church but also to our hope for eternal life, and marriage and family life are ordained of God.

Knowingly or ignorantly, BLM is openly rebelling against God.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

markharr wrote: June 14th, 2020, 11:31 am
Luke wrote: June 14th, 2020, 11:17 am I agree with this besides what you said about Israel

Isreal is God's covenant people,their judgment is reserved for God. He will judge them at the battle of Gog. They will bury their dead for seven months, but the judgment for the nations that seek to destroy them will be worse.
The state of Israel (the country which occupies Palestine) is different from Israel, God's covenant people, i.e. us

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Luke wrote: June 14th, 2020, 1:13 pm

The state of Israel (the country which occupies Palestine) is different from Israel, God's covenant people, i.e. us

They are the descendents of Abraham. We are gentiles who have been adopted in.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

markharr wrote: June 14th, 2020, 1:55 pm

Most of Abraham’s (of Ur/Iraq) descendants are not in modern day Israel. Most of history, Palestine/Israel was controlled by non-Jews (goyum/beasts as Jews call them). In fact, in 1948, Israel was essentially stolen - created as a new nation which kicked out Palestinians and shipped in white Ashkinazi Jews. Ashkinazi Jews’ ancestors were not from Israel but from Eastern Europe where they converted and most now (80%) are atheist/non-religious.

Also, who says they are God’s chosen? THEY do! :D
Who really is chosen? Those who choose to do the will of God.

Look up Scofield bible (Zionist propaganda) if you wonder why this old history is news to many. While you’re at it, get a little insight as to the highest, governing doctrine of Judaism & what they think of you. Makes BLM look angelic...

From the Talmud: (‘goy’ is anyone not Jewish.)

“If a ‘goy’ (Gentile) hits a Jew he must be killed.” (Sanhedrin 58b)
* “If a Jew finds an object lost by a ‘goy’ it does not have to be returned.” (Baba Mezia 24a)
* “If a Jew murders a ‘goy’ there will be no death penalty.” (Sanhedrin 57a)
* What a Jew steals from a ‘goy’ he may keep.” (Sanhedrin 57a)
* “Jews may use subterfuges to circumvent a ‘goy.’” (Baba Kamma 113a)
* “All children of the ‘goyim’ (Gentiles) are animals.” (Yebamoth 98a)

“The ‘goyim’ are not humans. They are beasts.” (Baba Mezia 114b)
* “If you eat with a ‘goy’ it is the same as eating with a dog.” (Tosapoth, Jebamoth 94b)
* “Even the best of the ‘goyim’ should all be killed.” (Soferim 15)

* “Sexual intercourse between the ‘goyim’ is like intercourse between animals.” (Sanhedrin 74b)
* “When it comes to a Gentile in peace times, one may harm him indirectly, for instance, by removing a ladder after he had fallen into a crevice.” (Shulkan Arukh, Yoreh De ‘ah, 158, Hebrew Edition only)

BLM may be just another tool like the military games covid plandemic, to destroy America and bring in the world government/UN Police etc, as planned in the “Protocols of the learned elders of Zion.” Some try to claim it’s “conspiracy theory” except as Ford pointed out - look at how events have followed their plans. Bush Sr. signed onto Noahide law (rainbow symbol like lgbtq).

And last fall...
“The year to come (2020) will be a year of wonder.”
(Kind of like Nelson: “Take your vitamins, get your rest, it’s going to be exciting!”

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

Mike Griffith wrote: June 14th, 2020, 7:25 am After spending a few hours on the Black Lives Matter (BLM) website and also on the BLM Facebook page, I found more BLM positions and statements that further reveal the group's radical nature. Below are just a few of the statements that caught my attention (to be as generous as possible, I have corrected the typos/grammatical errors in the statements):

"The time is now to defund the police."

"Modern-day policing institutions have their roots, it must be told, in slave catching."

"These systems [police departments] were created to hunt, to mame, and to kill black people."

“We’re not going to just be able to get rid of prisons in one day, overnight. This is going to be a process.”

"Like all fascists he [President Trump] believes that unity can only be achieved through violence."

"ICE agents raid homes, drag families apart, and destroy communities."

"In fact, every Black American knows the sole of that boot [the boot of white oppression] all too well. We sense it every time we see urban police use the same tactics in our neighborhood that the IDF [Israel Defense Force] uses in Gaza."

"We know that black communities have been living in persistent fear of being killed by state authorities and immigration agents."

"We also demand that local schools, colleges, and universities, and all public institutions, cut ties with the police."

"White communities are used to consciously and unconsciously maintaining the racist policies and practices that led to Trayvon’s [Trayvon Martin's] death." (Actually, Martin was the aggressor in the incident, and the man who shot him passed two polygraphs and was found not guilty at trial. The man only shot Martin after Martin punched him, held him down, and began to slam his head against the pavement. By the way, the man was half-Hispanic and was highly regarded by the blacks who knew him.)

Here are some of the BLM positions that caught my attention:

-- Continuation of legalized abortion

-- Transgender rights (including the right to use the bathroom of the gender that a person self-identifies as)

-- Globalism/doing away with national boundaries

-- Defunding all police departments

-- Repeal of stand-your-ground laws

-- Cancellation of all student loans, medical bills, and other forms of debt

-- Israel is guilty of genocide and should be boycotted

-- Abolition of all voter ID laws

-- Reparations for slavery

-- Abolition of prisons

As someone who was raised Jewish for a short time in my childhood, as someone who speaks Hebrew and has spent time in Israel, and as someone who has long been interested in all things Israeli, I am particularly offended by BLM's repeated slanders against the state of Israel, by BLM's blind support for Palestinian extremists, and by BLM's refusal to condemn Palestinian terrorism against Jews in Israel. Here is an article by a Jewish writer who explains the problems he has with BLM:

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/arti ... r-problem/
Only thing I agree with BLM is boycott Israel. Israel is evil. They murder innocent Palestinians

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Thinker wrote: June 14th, 2020, 3:04 pm Most of Abraham’s (of Ur/Iraq) descendants are not in modern day Israel. Most of history, Palestine/Israel was controlled by non-Jews (goyum/beasts as Jews call them). In fact, in 1948, Israel was essentially stolen - created as a new nation which kicked out Palestinians and shipped in white Ashkinazi Jews. Ashkinazi Jews’ ancestors were not from Israel but from Eastern Europe where they converted and most now (80%) are atheist/non-religious.
That's obvious. If there were 12 tribes of Israel and only the tribe of Judah is Jewish, and we assume roughly equal reproduction rates, then modern-day Israel could represent at most 8.33% of the Covenant People.

When you said the state of Israel (comprising people descended of Judah, son of Israel, son of Isaac, son of Abraham), are different from God's covenant people of Israel, to some of us it sounded as if you were saying that people born into the covenant aren't part of the covenant. This makes about as much sense to me as someone getting up at a podium in church and alleging that children born in the covenant aren't partakers of the covenant they are born into. Perhaps you meant that the Jewish population of modern-day Israel is only a portion of the entirety of the House of Israel.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

brianj wrote: June 14th, 2020, 10:53 pm
Thinker wrote: June 14th, 2020, 3:04 pm Most of Abraham’s (of Ur/Iraq) descendants are not in modern day Israel. Most of history, Palestine/Israel was controlled by non-Jews (goyum/beasts as Jews call them). In fact, in 1948, Israel was essentially stolen - created as a new nation which kicked out Palestinians and shipped in white Ashkinazi Jews. Ashkinazi Jews’ ancestors were not from Israel but from Eastern Europe where they converted and most now (80%) are atheist/non-religious.
That's obvious. If there were 12 tribes of Israel and only the tribe of Judah is Jewish, and we assume roughly equal reproduction rates, then modern-day Israel could represent at most 8.33% of the Covenant People.

When you said the state of Israel (comprising people descended of Judah, son of Israel, son of Isaac, son of Abraham), are different from God's covenant people of Israel, to some of us it sounded as if you were saying that people born into the covenant aren't part of the covenant. This makes about as much sense to me as someone getting up at a podium in church and alleging that children born in the covenant aren't partakers of the covenant they are born into. Perhaps you meant that the Jewish population of modern-day Israel is only a portion of the entirety of the House of Israel.
I realize this may sound quite heretical and I admit I could be mistaken but based on a lot of study, prayer and spiritual sense...

God’s chosen people are not based on genetics nor even ritual adoption, but based on how people choose to do God’s will above praises of men. The fact that many believe otherwise has been a globally successful trick of the adversary.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/i ... fc7fadfbd4

16 June 2020
BLM, the Racist Group That Chanted “Fry” Cops, Now at 62% APPROVAL Among Voters

“Pigs in a blanket. Fry like bacon!” chanted the group, encouraging violence against police officers. That was just five years ago.

Now that group, the once unpopular Black Lives Matter (BLM), enjoys 62-percent approval among likely voters, according to Rasmussen.

That means this radical organization is more popular than the president, Joe Biden, Congress, big business, the media, religious institutions, and even the pope, pointed out Fox News host Tucker Carlson last night. In fact, not only is BLM now essentially a “political party,” averred the commentator, but it may now “be the single most powerful party in the United States.”

Moreover, imagine “a world where you are punished for questioning the behavior of the president or for insulting your local mayor,” Carlson later stated. “You probably can’t imagine that because it’s too bizarre. It is un-American — but that is where we are right now.”

Black Lives Matter has changed the rules,” the host continued, “and here is the first new rule: No criticizing Black Lives Matter.”

Sound like an exaggeration? Well, consider that in Vermont, Windsor School principal Tiffany Riley is currently on administrative leave and will most certainly lose her job for posting statements to her personal Facebook account that the Mount Ascutney School District Board said reflected “ignorance, prejudice, and lack of judgement.”

Superintendent David Baker went even further. He said he’d he assumed Riley’s account had been “hacked” for her to have posted something with “racial overtones and what I define as pretty much outright racist in my values system.” So what did she say? Brace yourself…

According to the school board, Riley wrote last Wednesday:

I firmly believe that Black Lives Matter, but I DO NOT agree with the coercive measures taken to get to this point across; some of which are falsified in an attempt to prove a point. While I want to get behind BLM, I do not think people should be made to feel they have to choose black race over human race. While I understand the urgency to feel compelled to advocate for black lives, what about our fellow law enforcement? What about all others who advocate for and demand equity for all? Just because I don’t walk around with a BLM sign should not mean I am a racist.

The board then mentioned that the above was “followed later by a follow up Facebook post, which acknowledged no culpability, expressed no specific contrition or empathy, and showed no humility.”

Translation: Riley didn’t take the knee, so she got the boot. The Khmer Rouge would be proud.

But Riley isn’t alone. The same iron-muzzle phenomenon has claimed dozens of people, many high-profile, in recent weeks. Among them is University of Chicago economics professor Harald Uhlig, who saw the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago cut ties with him after he opined that BLM had “torpedoed itself” by embracing the “hashtag defund the police”; and Sacramento Kings play-by-play announcer Grant Napear, who lost his job for tweeting “All Lives Matter...Every Single One!”

So “Black Lives Matter now enjoys almost complete immunity from criticism,” Carlson stated. “This is unprecedented for an American political movement, but Black Lives Matter is more powerful than that. It has singlehandedly revised our moral framework.”

Affirming the fundamental equality of all people is now considered hate speech,” he further lamented (video below). “You can be fired for saying it. Again, many people have been. This is a dangerous moment.”

Now you know why powerful people everywhere — even many Republicans — are taking a knee before BLM. The message is clear: That there’s “systemic racism” in America, a police war on blacks, and that the country is fundamentally flawed are now articles of faith. Questioning them is heresy — and anyone who does so will be dealt with harshly.

We will hurt you.

We will end your career.

We will destroy your reputation.

Get in line.

“How many fingers am I holding up, Winston?”

Of course, something that can’t be criticized can’t be properly vetted — and vetting is the last thing BLM wants. Just consider its past actions. In the video below, BLM protesters can be heard chanting “What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want them? Now!” in 2014, and “Pigs in a blanket. Fry like bacon!” in 2015.

Yet its official positions are equally bad. Aside from wanting the abolition of police, they also demand the “repeal of all immigration restrictions,” “the legalization of sex work,” “the destruction of the nuclear family,” and “the forced reallocation of farmland” (à la Zimbabwe), according to Carlson.

There’s more. BLM also wants “race-based reparations specifically, quote, ‘in the form of a guaranteed minimum livable income for all black people,’” the host continued. But this wealth transfer wouldn’t just be for descendants of slaves, but also for African and Caribbean immigrants, “who on average now earn more than native-born Americans,” Carlson adds.

Many of BLM’s radical positions can be seen at its website (at least for now) here. Its older “Guiding Principles“ page, now removed from its site, can be found via an archiving service here.

One of the “lowlights” is found under the latter’s “Black Villages” tab, where it states, “We are committed to disrupting the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and ‘villages’ that collectively care for one another, and especially ‘our’ children, to the degree that mothers, parents and children are comfortable.”

Given that family breakdown plagues the black community — approximately 72 percent of black American children are now born to single mothers — it isn’t just odd that BLM would talk about disrupting the “nuclear family structure requirement.” It’s also curious, given that fatherlessness is a major problem here, that BLM mentions “parents” and then redundantly “mothers,” but not fathers. Do black dads matter?

But none of this matters to the pseudo-elites — nor does the fact that police are actually more likely to kill white than black criminal suspects. For aside from the powerful people taking both a knee and the Fifth on speaking Truth, BLM is also one of many leftist race-agitator groups that recently received $454 million from corporate America.

So burning, looting, and rioting are okay and may even be encouraged by the “space” to “destroy” demagogues. But dare criticize BLM, and the “woke” cancel cultists may come and put you, and your speech, to sleep.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

BLM is simply a black supremacist group.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

markharr wrote: June 14th, 2020, 1:55 pm

The 'Jews' who occupy Palestine are of Khazarian descent, they are not descendents of Abraham

And the state of Israel, the COUNTRY is not God's covenant people anyway. Just because they use the name Israel doesn't make them God's people

ILiveIDieILiveAgain
captain of 100

Post by ILiveIDieILiveAgain »

The more their agenda is about their viewpoints and their viewpoints only, the more they show that their actions are primarily about do-nothing freeloaders that take and destroy and deprive someone not of their ilk of life, liberty, and property, then the less interested I am in their cause, and the more I put my thoughts into mentally preparing myself to do battle against them, up to and including gunning them down if they try their "protest" on me and my own.
Last edited by ILiveIDieILiveAgain on June 19th, 2020, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

desertstorm
captain of 50

Post by desertstorm »

I agree. Sadly people's judgement is clouded in today's toxic political climate.
Last edited by desertstorm on June 25th, 2020, 10:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Thinker wrote: June 15th, 2020, 10:27 am
brianj wrote: June 14th, 2020, 10:53 pm

I realize this may sound quite heretical and I admit I could be mistaken but based on a lot of study, prayer and spiritual sense...

God’s chosen people are not based on genetics nor even ritual adoption, but based on how people choose to do God’s will above praises of men. The fact that many believe otherwise has been a globally successful trick of the adversary.
If I understand you correctly:
Me: "Israel is the Covenant people"
You: "I disagree. Israael isn't the chosen people."

I don't understand. If you were to say that you like steak and I said I disagree because Honeycrisp apples taste better than Red Delicious apples, it wouldn't make any sense either.

No matter how you try to color it, Israel is the covenant people and Israel will always be the covenant people. We are taught that when someone not descended of Israel converts and is baptized, they are adopted into the House of Israel. This teaching is pretty persuasive supporting evidence for the assertion that Israel is the covenant people.

On the entirely unrelated subject of a God-chosen people, I do not believe there is any such thing as a God-chosen people. However, I am a firm believer in God-choosing people.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

BLM/Antifa is a hate group and it will only lead to more hatred, and more violence, especially when they are doing things like destroying statues of George Washington: source. I'm not sure what they expect to come from this? Civil war?

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

brianj wrote: June 18th, 2020, 10:00 pm If I understand you correctly:
Me: "Israel is the Covenant people"
You: "I disagree. Israael isn't the chosen people."

I don't understand...
Covenant people = God’s chosen people in writings written by those proclaiming to be covenant/chosen. ;)

If you’d like to continue this discussion, let’s move it to...
viewtopic.php?t=48231

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

The Creator wrote: June 19th, 2020, 11:33 am BLM/Antifa is a hate group and it will only lead to more hatred, and more violence, especially when they are doing things like destroying statues of George Washington: source. I'm not sure what they expect to come from this? Civil war?
IMO, Both are orchestrated and paid to help divide the nation more so it’s easier for a larger entity to take over. It, like lgbtq is psychologically designed to be taken up by mob mentality through appeal to emotion.

Yes, there is definitely racial prejudice. One afternoon, I witnessed a cop harassing my black friend for just waiting for me at a park. And statistically black men get shot by cops more than white men but also cops get shot more by black men than white men.

If black lives really mattered, blacks wouldn’t be committing age-discriminated genocide in having such high rates of abortion and also such high rates of fatherless homes among blacks. These are inconvenient facts that require more personal responsibility which mob mentality ignores. The orchestration plays off these, in a similar way that welfare recipients are punished for working, and rewarded for developing generational dependence on the government.

SPIRIT
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SPIRIT »

Demonstration Salt Lake City 24 June 2020

Black Lives Matter Protest In Salt Lake City 24 June Follow up Report
•Jun 25, 2020

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

[email protected]
captain of 100

Post by [email protected] »

BLM when you get right down to it has nothing to do with black people or advancing their interests. It is just a rabble rousing group that works to sow racial and civil strife. It isn't even founded, funded, or controlled by blacks. It's just a wedge used to divide America and a hammer used to destroy her institutions.

A legitimate black advocacy group is The Nation of Islam lead by Louis Farrakhan. The man has some out there beliefs and believe me, I don't agree with everything he's said or believes in. However, I sincerely believe he fights for his race and his people and I can respect that. He understands the true underlying reasons why the black community suffers, namely destruction of the nuclear family, the introduction of drugs into the black community. He recongnizes the demoralizing effects of pornography and homosexuality foisted on the black community by corrupt global elites. Basically what happened to the black community was and is a preview for what will happen to the rest of us.

DreamTheater1976
captain of 100

Post by DreamTheater1976 »

I agree wholeheartedly. I was reading their statement and shocked to see how polar opposite it is of The Proclamation of the World:The Family.

BLM aligns fully with the LGBTQP and wants to destroy family from even existing. I think of how dangerous this really is. There is no Celestrial glory or kingdom without eternal families.

Mitt Romney marching with them and boasting by comparing himself to his father who marched in the civil rights movement. Such arrogance. People calling him a hero and and drooling all over him on KSL and the Deseret News. The very elect are being deceived. We are in great danger.

The Proclamation of the World: The Family is truly inspired by a loving Heavenly Father. Embrace it and live it. It's what we need to save our families from the destruction that is coming.

largerthanlife
captain of 100

Post by largerthanlife »

BLM fully embraces Marxism. Marxism wants to destroy religion. I am so glad the church is funding the NAACP and BLM so religion can be destroyed.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »