Suggestion: Add private label for users

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
Trucker
captain of 1,000

Suggestion: Add private label for users

Post by Trucker »

I think reddit has this: a way for users to label or add a flair for other users, privately. So if I read a post and find that someone was in the navy, for example, I could add a label or flair for that user that says "navy" and only I can see it.

That way when I see posts of that user again, I will be reminded that this user was the one in the navy. Otherwise it's too hard to keep everyone straight all the time. And of course this would be optional, and free form, and only visible to the user creating the label.

inho
captain of 1,000

Re: Suggestion: Add private label for users

Post by inho »

Of some reason, this reminds me of the Mormon ad parody:

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Re: Suggestion: Add private label for users

Post by Zathura »

Trucker wrote: May 24th, 2020, 11:45 am I think reddit has this: a way for users to label or add a flair for other users, privately. So if I read a post and find that someone was in the navy, for example, I could add a label or flair for that user that says "navy" and only I can see it.

That way when I see posts of that user again, I will be reminded that this user was the one in the navy. Otherwise it's too hard to keep everyone straight all the time. And of course this would be optional, and free form, and only visible to the user creating the label.
I don’t think the flairs on reddit affect visibility, I think they just give other users an idea about what the post is about. Could be wrong though.

Regardless, not a bad idea I guess.