Kinda need a job...

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Kinda need a job...

Post by Durzan »

Is anyone willing to hire an English major who has some knowledge in Excel and Calculus? Preferrably an online job?

Kinda stuck in a hard place at the moment.

bethany
captain of 100

Re: Kinda need a job...

Post by bethany »

Look at textbroker.com or fiverr.com

Ppl post writing opportunities for blogs & websites.

Or vip kids where you teach kids English.

bethany
captain of 100

Post by bethany »

Last edited by bethany on April 18th, 2020, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Durzan wrote: April 18th, 2020, 9:10 am Is anyone willing to hire an English major who has some knowledge in Excel and Calculus? Preferrably an online job?

Door dash and insta cart are good ways to make money if you have transportation

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

Alaris wrote: April 18th, 2020, 5:52 pm
Durzan wrote: April 18th, 2020, 9:10 am Is anyone willing to hire an English major who has some knowledge in Excel and Calculus? Preferrably an online job?

Might be able to do that for a little bit, but my car has a bit of an engine problem that will cause it to short sooner or later.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Durzan wrote: April 18th, 2020, 5:53 pm

Might be able to do that for a little bit, but my car has a bit of an engine problem that will cause it to short sooner or later.
People are tipping well on insta cart due to the CV situation. You might get enough to fix your car before it breaks down. Trust in the Lord. He loves you and will take care of you.

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

Alaris wrote: April 18th, 2020, 5:59 pm

People are tipping well on insta cart due to the CV situation. You might get enough to fix your car before it breaks down. Trust in the Lord. He loves you and will take care of you.
The darn thing literally can apparently only be fixed by replacing the engine... but, trusting in the Lord is definitely one of the things I need to do.

dewajack
captain of 100

Post by dewajack »

If you don't mind customer service, there are many options for online work, as well as tutoring. Check out rat race rebellion. There are some options on that website, but there are scams as well. Just do research if unsure.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

I have a friend who teaches English to international students online like at 3 in the morning sometimes. I can ask her what it is exactly.

Destroyer
captain of 100

Post by Destroyer »

Sarah wrote: April 18th, 2020, 9:36 pm I have a friend who teaches English to international students online like at 3 in the morning sometimes. I can ask her what it is exactly.
My wife does this. There are several companies that offer a similar service. My wife works for VIPKid. She only teaches a few classes a day (early in the morning) but the money is decent. She could teach more if she wanted to. All you need is a computer and reliable internet.

https://www.vipkid.com/teach

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Durzan wrote: April 18th, 2020, 6:18 pm
Alaris wrote: April 18th, 2020, 5:59 pm

The darn thing literally can apparently only be fixed by replacing the engine... but, trusting in the Lord is definitely one of the things I need to do.
Get a second opinion.
My son recently took his Nissan to the dealership to investigate a persistent noise. They looked at it, apparently hooked it up the diagnostics etc, and told him it needed a new gearbox (I think you guys call it a transmission). They quoted him £5,000. He decided to get a second opinion and took it to a local independent mechanic. He also hooked it up to the diagnostics etc.
The result: needed a new fan belt at a cost of £120 inc. labour.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Temp agencies can help. Seems like banks are usually hiring.

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

Ended up getting a full time hourly job at a manufacturing plant. Guaranteed overtime at decent starting pay at $10 an hour 6 days a week.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Durzan wrote: June 18th, 2020, 3:08 pm Ended up getting a full time hourly job at a manufacturing plant. Guaranteed overtime at decent starting pay at $10 an hour 6 days a week.
Good to hear brother, congratulations on the job