Fruit

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
The Holy Decoy
captain of 10

Re: Fruit

Post by The Holy Decoy »

Silver Pie wrote: May 25th, 2020, 2:49 pm To tell you the truth, I don't know what color Adam and Eve were. The assumption is that they were caucasian. If they were, they could have still had quite a variety of skin tones, and I'm pretty sure that ash was not one of them.
Haha. Yeah I don't think they were ash colored either.
Silver Pie wrote: May 25th, 2020, 2:47 pm Though the scriptures mention fruit, I'm sure they freely ate anything that was a plant.
I think eating only fresh, living, ripe, raw fruit is the way to go. Herbs and bread (cooked food) are commanded to be eaten after being kicked out of the garden. It makes sense to me that Adam would have been allowed to repent and then, seeking further light and knowledge, been reintroduced to the higher law of fruit.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

The Holy Decoy wrote: May 25th, 2020, 3:09 pm I think eating only fresh, living, ripe, raw fruit is the way to go. Herbs and bread (cooked food) are commanded to be eaten after being kicked out of the garden. It makes sense to me that Adam would have been allowed to repent and then, seeking further light and knowledge, been reintroduced to the higher law of fruit.
Interesting. (Thanks for your definition of bread, by the way.)

When defining what is fruit and what is not, one can get into quite a disagreement with others. Botanically, a fruit is anything that comes from a flower, thus a nut is a fruit and a cucumber is a fruit. Even an herb seed is a fruit. If that is how you are defining fruit, I'd agree that that is probably a healthy way to live.

On the other hand, if you are excluding roots and tubers because you suppose they need to be cooked (and it seems like you're excluding all cooked foods), then I'd have to take exception, because they don't necessarily have to be cooked. When I was a kid, we would peel raw potatoes and eat them with salt. Delicious!

See, my own personal view of the ideal way to eat is that plants come first. Not just fruit (however one defines that), but tubers, leaves, blossoms, etc. Meat comes next if you are in need of it. Now, that means different things to different people. When you're starving, as D&C 89 seems to imply, when you're in poor health/overweight as keto diet people say (that includes Jason Fung), and so on. And, in my opinion, the meat ideally has been pasture raised and pasture finished - or wild.

But, also in my opinion, the bottom line of how one should eat is each individual themselves. What is best for one may not be best for another and who am I to tell someone else what and how to eat?

The Holy Decoy
captain of 10

Post by The Holy Decoy »

Silver Pie wrote: May 25th, 2020, 3:20 pm When defining what is fruit and what is not, one can get into quite a disagreement with others. Botanically, a fruit is anything that comes from a flower, thus a nut is a fruit and a cucumber is a fruit. Even an herb seed is a fruit. If that is how you are defining fruit, I'd agree that that is probably a healthy way to live.
I wouldn't use botanical or culinary definitions for anything. We are mostly water beings. So ideally we should be eating only high water content fruit to keep our bodies hydrated.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

The Holy Decoy wrote: May 25th, 2020, 3:34 pm I wouldn't use botanical or culinary definitions for anything. We are mostly water beings. So ideally we should be eating only high water content fruit to keep our bodies hydrated.
Interesting thought. It certainly has logic to it.

Speaking nutritionally, if all of our food was grown in the best soil, and so on, I think we probably could get all we need from fruit.

One thing I'm thinking is the different aspects of reality I have come across. For example, the power of belief. If someone believes (or fears) strongly enough, then something might make them healthy that would otherwise make them sick - or might kill them if it was otherwise healthy for them.

There seem to be so many more aspects to health/healthy eating than just which type of plant/animal one should consume.

The Holy Decoy
captain of 10

Post by The Holy Decoy »

Silver Pie wrote: May 25th, 2020, 3:39 pm Speaking nutritionally, if all of our food was grown in the best soil, and so on, I think we probably could get all we need from fruit.
What is your definition of need? How many years a person can comfortably live?

I think you'd find that hydration plays a much more important role in how comfortable a person is. A truly hydrated body can take care of itself.

As far as nutrients go I think you could say that a person who ate only apples might comfortably live to 100. Whereas a person who ate a variety of high water content fruit might live comfortably past 120, or who knows, maybe past 900. ;)

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Every autumn birds and critters load up on berries and fruit to fatten up for the winter. It's termed 'scheduled obesity', where they're intentionally trying to gain weight to have something to burn to keep warm and alive during the winter months (and to obtain the antioxidants needed to migrate if they do).

As other posters mentioned, only the liver can process frutose, turning it into triglycerides, or blood fat. When the liver does this, it literally has to stop everything it's doing to focus on this task since it's very complicated. If it gets behind, it creates a fatty liver.

Steve Jobs tried fruitarianism when he got sick. Ashton Kutcher tried it for playing a Steve Jobs role and ended up in the hospital.

The tempting thing about fruit, besides its sweetness, is the fact it doesn't have so many lectins like vegetables do, because unlike those plants the trees/bushes want birds and animals to eat them so the seeds are carried and spread around. So the nutrition in fruit is more accessible and bioavailable. The problem comes back to fructose, which is the toxin added to the fruit. The animal kingdom uses it to their advantage to survive the winter, but humans... it used to be the same for us but now we just get fatter with it.

The only place I can think of where it's not a problem eating fruit frequently is in hot climes. People need more liquids to compensate for loss from sweat, and (presumably) have more activity year-round to burn off the fat. But the problem of fruitarianism is the same as that of veganism: where do you get your biotin, b12, epa/dha fatty acids, etc.? People need those nutrients, and there's few - if any - good plant sources for that, you have to get them from animals.

The Holy Decoy
captain of 10

Post by The Holy Decoy »

gruden2.0 wrote: May 25th, 2020, 10:22 pm Steve Jobs tried fruitarianism when he got sick. Ashton Kutcher tried it for playing a Steve Jobs role and ended up in the hospital.
Only Steve Jobs knows exactly what he was eating (and smoking). Ashton Kutcher started experiencing detox symptoms and Mila was scared and made him talk to doctors. If all he was doing was eating fresh, ripe, raw fruit (and not smoking anything) he could have continued on with his detox and been fine.
gruden2.0 wrote: May 25th, 2020, 10:22 pm As other posters mentioned, only the liver can process frutose, turning it into triglycerides, or blood fat. When the liver does this, it literally has to stop everything it's doing to focus on this task since it's very complicated. If it gets behind, it creates a fatty liver.
As I've mentioned before, there is a big difference between processed sugar/sweeteners (of any variety) and fresh, ripe, raw fruit. Many studies are industry funded and do not reflect what actually happens in practice. Robert Morse has helped many people with different liver conditions and claims to not have problems with such cases:
https://youtu.be/yVEpytsttfc?t=285

If you properly eat only ripe, fresh, raw fruit, you will experience detoxification and healing. Robert and Loren both have many years of living and teaching this way of life to many people:
https://youtu.be/NLtxghNXB1w?t=239
https://youtu.be/7yfGTmgS4QA
gruden2.0 wrote: May 25th, 2020, 10:22 pm The only place I can think of where it's not a problem eating fruit frequently is in hot climes. People need more liquids to compensate for loss from sweat, and (presumably) have more activity year-round to burn off the fat. But the problem of fruitarianism is the same as that of veganism: where do you get your biotin, b12, epa/dha fatty acids, etc.? People need those nutrients, and there's few - if any - good plant sources for that, you have to get them from animals.
The bodies of most people are very dehydrated and toxic from a lifetime of eating cooked food. Focusing on hydrating the body is going to have a much greater benefit than worrying about any of those supposed possible deficiencies.

Eating only fruit and drinking plenty of water will only get you so far. For most people to fully cleanse and detoxify their bodies, they're going to need to do multiple extended water fasts of 21 or more days. Once the body is fully clean, fully functional, and fully efficient, living on fruit alone becomes much easier. A fully regenerated and hydrated body is capable of doing everything it needs to on nothing but ripe, fresh, raw fruit.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

The Holy Decoy wrote: May 25th, 2020, 3:49 pm What is your definition of need?
The nutrients the body needs to remain healthy. I'm sure we (science) doesn't know nearly as much as we thing we do in regards to the nutrition each person's body actually needs. I think God knows, though, and he put the things we need in the plants around us - and possibly in the animals, as well, to be used when food was scarce.

The Holy Decoy
captain of 10

Post by The Holy Decoy »

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

The Holy Decoy wrote: February 14th, 2022, 7:22 pm
It's been a minute!

Have you been doing this fruit diet since your op?

The Holy Decoy
captain of 10

Post by The Holy Decoy »

nightlight wrote: February 14th, 2022, 8:14 pm
It's been a minute!

Haven't died yet :)

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

The Holy Decoy wrote: February 14th, 2022, 8:23 pm
nightlight wrote: February 14th, 2022, 8:14 pm
It's been a minute!

Haven't died yet :)
Good, brother.

If you feel like you're ever missing something, remember that the resurrected Jesus cooked and ate fish with his guys.

Jashon
captain of 100

Post by Jashon »

Fruit only?! These people are BSC.

Many doctors will say that there's only one food type we can eat exclusively the rest of our lives and thrive on: fatty ruminant meat, like beef and lamb.

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

It's a simple fact that humans can live permanently without carbs, but will die without protein or fat.

Make any argument you like, try any diet you choose, but these things will always be true and tell you everything you need to know about what our real healthy diet should consist of. 🤷‍♀️

BringZion
captain of 10

Post by BringZion »

How have you felt on just fruit? I really don’t know that all the comments/research on high fructose corn syrup can extrapolate to fiber, vitamin, mineral rich fresh fruit. But it is an expensive and hard to sustain way to eat. Just finding that volume of fruit living outside of a tropical environment is difficult. Have you turned strict fruitarian? Many years ago I got really into the 80/10/10 fruit diet and followed a lot of fruitarian people. They were so thin and seemed to have so much energy…though at times a bit volatile. But I was raising a family and it wasn’t very practical or satisfying. I never got more that 3-5 days raw before I ate something cooked. I loved the IDEA of eating fresh, ripe, clean fruit all the time. I did have two babies during that time of high raw fruit consumption and was quite healthy. I also included greens in smoothies.
But overall I think it made me obsess about food all the time and hard to function in society. Even just the food smells in a gas station would turn my stomach. When my kids got a little older and were exposed to treats, like at activities, they would absolutely binge! So I decided my orthorexic tendencies had to stop. I still lean whole foods, plant based with some grass fed meat, fish. I let my kids make treats whenever and try not to villanize
any food. Though I am vocal against chemicals, processed foods and fast foods. But overall I have let it go. I am older now and not as healthy as I’d like, but thought I’d share my experience.