random thoughts and musings

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
abijah`
~dog days~

Re: random thoughts and musings

Post by abijah` »

abijah` wrote: October 11th, 2021, 10:43 pm
Genesis 38 (Tamar = foreign)
And when she [Tamar - a Canaanite] was in labor, one put out a hand, and the midwife took and tied a scarlet thread on his hand, saying, “This one came out first.” Image

Genesis 38 (Tamar = foreign)
And when she midwife took and tied a scarlet thread on his hand

Joshua 2 (Rahab = foreign)
And she [Rahav = Canaanite] said, “According to your words, so be it.” Then she sent them away, and they departed. And she tied the scarlet cord in the window.
The hebrew ^ word "tied" is related to the term "conspiracy", especially given a covenant context:

Deut 6:8
You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.

1 Samuel 18
As soon as he had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

Wow. This is the stuff the Church ought to be speaking about and providing young men (and men in general) with.

SO MUCH amazing stuff. I feel ever more-assured Elijah Schaffer and John Doyle are my cosmic brothers, from a time before the womb.

A good starting point is 10:48, being towards the beginning, but after the intro -
I've been watching Elijah for a while. Something was stirred inside him recently, its clearly noticeable. The spirit of the tone that he speaks in, and how he now talks increasingly more about the un-sugarcoated reality of the awfullness of of our modern-day situation, the reality of secret combinations, as well as much more talk about God, and Christ, and how much we rely on and should rely upon Them.

Evil forces of darkness have spent much and have played a heavy hand these last 18 months. The pendulum must necessarily swing back the other way, and God's spirit is and will yet be poured out, preparing, transforming and empowering many, some of them from foreign, diversely-idiosyncratic backgrounds. I've noticed. People like Elijah Schaeffer, John Doyle and Nick Fuentes amongst many many others, and different types of others.

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

"Uncircumcised Lips"

Angel-Rape = Blaspheming JHWH

The means whereby the how the homo-mongrels f*cking profane His Name (^F-word word used intentionally... - because its exactly this that its referring to):

Leviticus 18
You shall not give any of your children to offer them to Molech, and so profane the name of your God: I am the LORD.

This undoubtedly is why Isaiah conceptualises the Baptism of Fire with circumcision of the lips:

Isaiah 6
And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!”
Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar.
And he touched my mouth and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for.

Exodus 4
But Moses said to the LORD, “Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue...”
Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak

Jeremiah 1
Then I said, “Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth..."
Then the LORD put out his hand and touched my mouth. And the LORD said to me, “Behold, I have put my words in your mouth.

Its the exact inverse with the sons of perdition:

2 Peter 2
and especially those who indulge in the lust of defiling passion and despise authority. Bold and willful, they do not tremble as they blaspheme the glorious ones

Jude
Yet in like manner these people also, relying on their dreams, defile the flesh, reject authority, and blaspheme the glorious ones.

Daniel 7
He shall speak words against the Most High, and shall wear out the holy ones of the Most High, and shall think to change the times and the law; and they shall be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.

^ALL OF THE ABOVE have to do with when the Sodomites tries to rape Lot's angelic messengers.

And they all have to do with language, the spoken word.

as in:

Genesis 11 (false Bapt of Fire)
At one time all the people of the world spoke the same language and used the same words...
Then they said... “let us make a name for ourselves"...
And the LORD said, “Behold, they are one people, and they have all one language, and this is only the beginning of what they will do. And nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.

Acts 2 (true Bapt of Fire)
When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place.
And suddenly there came from heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting.
And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested on each one of them.
And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Now there were dwelling in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven...

It's about our language, the words that one speaks, that makes us into a Fire-reborn, Zion`people. As God did when he spoke "let there be light" with the word of his power (Jesus).

Because words correlate with children; and because the lips/tongue are what correlate with genitalia.

There's probably reasons why the tongue has a frenulum -- a halving-divisionary ridge, just like how the male penis/female clitoris has.

He with an ear to hear, just flippin listen to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyiKxMM ... .be&t=6316

And for true, I proper know it. Like.. in a way I don't usually know most things...

abijah`
~dog days~

adam & adamah

Post by abijah` »

abijah` wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 10:42 am But I think one way of looking at all this is the connection between Man+Helpmeet, and the Land. Because the connection there is so strong, and so pertinent to this whole "broken the everlasting covenant" business. Thats why Isaiah 24, Isaiah is going on and on and on about the state of the Land.

Which fits perfectly with Genesis 2, where the creation of the River that waters Eden gets put on parallel with the creation of Man and Woman.

Which fits perfectly with how the New Covenant (and bear in mind, "New Covenant" = the New Creation) is when a "Woman returns to a Man", and "rivers in the desert".

The New & Everlasting Covenant concerns the "Land" (whatever that means.. 🤔), and the Covenant Couple. It means God is going to do Genesis 2 over again, Adam & Eve 2.0, with a brand new River, and a brand new Garden, revamped and amplified.

And Elijah is the key. His mission is the fulcrum on which it hinges. Otherwise the "land" gets wasted with a curse.
Now this verse is finally starting to make some sense... 😲 the revelation juices are flowing

Genesis 2:4
These are the generations of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens.

^That word means " family lineage" = https://biblehub.com/hebrew/strongs_8435.htm Look and see for yourself, every other time it gets used in a genealogical context.

The scripture is saying that Adam & Eve's parents = the skies and the land.

"Mother" Earth indeed.

So breaking the everlasting covenant results in "polluting the land".

Like in Genesis 6. He floods them because of the effects that their wickedness has on the land -

Gen 6
Now the land was corrupt in God’s sight, and the earth was filled with violence.

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

"Face" = "turnings? 🤔
https://www.abarim-publications.com/Dictionary/p/p-n-he.html wrote:"What to think of the Face of God?"

Turnings, turnings everywhere

Our verb's primary derivation is the masculine noun פנה (pane), which occurs in the Bible pretty much exclusively in the plural form: פנים (panim) or rather its construct plural: פני: 'panim of'. Our noun literally means 'turns' or 'turnings' and with its more than two-thousand occurrences in the Bible, it's a word as ubiquitous and general as, say, the verb 'to do' or the word for 'things'.

Our word's usages and nuances fill seven dense columns in BDB Theological Dictionary but readers of the Bible need to keep in mind that to the Bible's authors this word was the same word each time. They had other words, but chose not to use them simply because using the same word over and over conveyed meaning too. Since there is no real identical catch-all term available in English, translating our word panim with a broad array of different English words is unfortunately unavoidable, but also uncannily like representing one of Mondrian's famous neo-plasticistic compositions in a pallet of tasteful hues and tones; well-meant but wholly missing the point. Just like Mondrian's point lay in monochromaticity, so lies the point of our word panim in its singular meaning: turnings or inclinations.

For instance, when the Lord sent Cain on his way, the latter complained that with this one, single act he was sending Cain (1) from the panim of the land and (2) from the panim of the Lord (Genesis 4:14). The author had many words to choose from, but by utilizing this obvious tandem hinging on the word panim, he deliberately forges the same kind of two-sides-to-one-coin kind of duality that also exists in the famous command to (1) love the Lord with all one's heart, and (2) love one's neighbor as one self — a single mentality that results in two seemingly separate consequences that are really not that separate at all. Just like loving the Lord doesn't go without loving one's neighbor, so is Cain's expulsion from the land concurrent with his expulsion from the Lord's panim.

On the face of it

One of the great many applications of our word פנים (panim) and its construct plural פני, is in the sense of 'face'. This may seem logical because one's face turns to wherever the action is, but it really isn't that simple. It's not the face that turns but the head, and even if a face was known as something that turns, it would be called פנוה (panuah), or 'turner' and not פנים (panim), or 'turnings'.

The curious tendency of translators to interpret nearly every Biblical instance of our word with 'face' is unfortunate and ultimately not very helpful. Additionally confusing is our modern language's adoption of many of the other applications of our word (as in the 'face' of a rock, or the 'facade' of a building), which aren't really metaphors but literal applications of the fundamental meaning of the English word 'face': namely that of the Latin word facies, meaning appearance or form, from the verb facio, to form or make (from whence, interestingly, also come our words fact, facility and facsimile).

The main difference between the Hebrew modus operandi and the English one is that English is a static language and calls things after the way they look (hence verbs derive mostly from nouns), whereas Hebrew is a dynamic language and calls things after the way they act (hence nouns derive mostly from verbs). As we saw above, the other derivations of our verb פנה (pana) refer typically not to the outer appearance of things like buildings but rather to the exact opposite, that is the inside of things.

For living beings our word panim refers to their inner motivations and emotions, which obviously are witnessed of in a person's face but are not the same as the face. For lifeless objects, panim refers to their inner mechanisms. In other words: when in English we speak of the 'face of the earth' we refer to the earth's visible appearance and thus its surface. To refer to the same thing in Hebrew we would have to use words that mean 'image' or 'skin' or something along those lines, but when we use the word panim, we typically don't refer to the way it looks but to the way it acts: it's turnings, it's doings, and mostly its inner workings.

When the translated Bible states that humans multiplied 'on the face of the earth' (Genesis 6:1), readers may understand the earth to have been a mere supporting stage upon which mankind's multiplications happened to have occurred. But the Hebrew explicitly states that humans multiplied (or rather: became great) 'upon the turnings of the earth'. And that means that mankind's greatness waxed within the earthly arena like a baby in its mother's actively caring and protecting womb. In fact, the term 'upon the turnings of the earth' occurs all over the Bible as indicative of an indeterminate period of time or stretch of land — including all activities and events of this period or region — based on the earth's rotation around its axis: 'as the world turns'.

Likewise, when Jeremiah exclaims woes because the day 'turns' (Jeremiah 6:4), he's not stating that calamities occur simply because the day progresses, but rather because of the day's goings on. In much the same way, the 'panim of the waters' (Genesis 7:7) is not merely the 'face/surface' of the waters but its waves and currents.

When Hagar fled from Sarah's panim, she didn't just get out of her face but evaded her whole range of authority (which by then covered thousands of people; Genesis 16:6-8, see 14:14). And despite tradition's slurs, Hagar's son Ishmael and their people would come to value strong social bonds, as upon his 'turnings' all his brothers would live (Genesis 16:12).

People who think that Abraham 'fell on his face' (Genesis 17:3) evidently never did any falling, because one's face is typically that last place one wants to fall on. And to the omnipresent God, it really doesn't matter what physical pose one assumes, and the God of reason rather reasons with someone (Isaiah 1:18) than see someone swoon or behave like a lunatic in order to not have to reason. Instead, Abraham 'prayed with his whole capacity' and earnestly conversed with the Lord the way any responsible adult does.

When Haran died 'upon the panim of Terah his father' (Genesis 11:28) he neither was sitting on his father's head, nor was he loosely in his father's general presence, but within the intimate care of him.
🤔 "Turning" like this?

Jeremiah 31
How long will you waver, O faithless daughter? For the LORD has created a new thing on the earth: a woman returns to a man.

1 Kings 18
Answer me, O LORD, answer me, that this people may know that you, O LORD, are God, and that you have turned their hearts back.

Malachi 4
And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.

Maybe this has something to do with the face-to-face motif? 🤔

Exodus 25
The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be.

Genesis 32
Then Jacob asked him, “Please tell me your name.” But the man said, “Why is it that you ask my name?” And there he blessed him.
So Jacob called the name of the place Peniel, saying, “For I have seen God face to face, and yet my life has been delivered.”

Judges 6
Then Gideon perceived that he was the angel of the LORD. And Gideon said, “Alas, O Lord GOD! For now I have seen the angel of the LORD face to face.”
https://www.hebrewversity.com/hebrew-meaning-guardians-garden-eden-revealing-cherubims-grasp/ wrote: The original Hebrew word for ‘cherubim’ is ‘Keruvim’ {כרובים} (which is the Hebrew plural form of ‘Keruv’ {כרוב}) and refers to a particular type of angels commonly known by their ‘child-like facial features.’
https://velveteenrabbi.blogs.com/blog/2016/03/the-space-between.html wrote: When the children of Israel followed God's will, they said, the kruvim faced each other lovingly. When the children of Israel disobeyed, the kruvim turned their backs on each other.

Torah teaches that God spoke from within the empty space between the two kruvim. And Talmud teaches that the kruvim faced each other when we followed the mitzvot, and turned away from each other when we did not. What happens when we bring those two teachings together?

When we follow the mitzvot -- loving one's neighbor, one's "other," as oneself; treating the earth with respect and letting her lie fallow as needed; acting with justice and mercy -- then the kruvim face each other, and God speaks from the place between them. They face each other when we face each other. I don't just mean facing each other in a spatial sense, but facing each other with heart and soul. This is what Martin Buber called I/Thou relationship. Borrowing from the language of yoga, one could say "the spark of God in me greets the spark of God in you." That's when God is present between us.

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

abijah` wrote: November 6th, 2021, 5:02 pm "Face" = "turnings? 🤔
Apparently its most closely associated w/ "turning within", "inward", of "faceward".

Psalm 45
All glorious is the princess within, in multi-colored robes interwoven with gold.

abijah`
~dog days~

King Elijah

Post by abijah` »

Elijah = King? 🤔

Matthew 11
What then did you go out to see? A man dressed in soft clothing? Behold, those who wear soft clothing are in kings’ houses.

What kind of clothing did Elijah wear? (also John the Baptist, who typifies him)

2 Kings 1
They answered him, “He wore a garment of hair, with a belt of leather about his waist.” And he said, “It is Elijah the Tishbite.”

A hairy garment = the polar opposite of the "soft clothing" of pampered kings.

Elijah is the arch-nemesis of the then-current King of Israel Ahab:

1 Kings 21
Ahab said to Elijah, “Have you found me, O my enemy?

So there appears to be a portrayal of opposites, two extremes along a spectrum. You have wicked Ahab, who wears soft clothing in the house of a king. And then you have righteous Elijah, who wears an uncomfortable hairy garb, and is homeless in the wilderness. A literary and theological foil duo.

So back to Jesus's speech:

Matt 11
What then did you go out to see? A man dressed in soft clothing? Behold, those who wear soft clothing are in kings’ houses.

So the dichotomy being presented seems clear enough. "Soft clothing" ---> those who live in kings' houses. But rough/hairy clothing = :?:

Something interesting about Elijah, and his drawn-out cameo in 1 & 2 Kings which forms the centerpiece of the text:
Fr. Stephen: And we’re going to see a lot of ways as we go on, but it begins with how he’s [Elijah] treated in the text, because we sometimes take for granted or haven’t thought about the fact that the story of Elijah and Elisha, whom we’re also going to talk about tonight, that story is in the books of the Kings. Neither of them are kings. So these books, 1 and 2 Samuel and 1 and 2 Kings, or 1-4 Kingdoms, if you’re in the Orthodox Study Bible, are very clearly written by the same person, but they completely change format in order to tell us the stories of Elijah and Elisha.
Fr. Andrew: So does that suggest we’ve got an insertion from some other author?
Fr. Stephen: No, because they’re very clearly written by the same author, stylistically. Stylistically and everything, they match up, and they’re part of the overall arc of the story that’s being told, but you get the story of Samuel, the story of David—or which leads into the story of Saul which leads into David, Solomon. Then you get the divided kingdoms and the books of the Kings. And you have these lists of the kings, a few things about them, whether they were good or bad, a few stories. There’s this rhythm that gets set up, and then all of a sudden, once you get past Omri to his son Ahab, all of a sudden that pattern breaks, and it’s: Now we’re going to follow the Prophet Elijah and then the Prophet Elisha. And then after Elisha it goes back to that previous rhythm and format.
Fr. Andrew: Yeah, which kind of suggests that God is sort of following the kings and then, because the king becomes a complete jerk… [Laughter] I can say those kinds of things about Ahab. Then, the focus then is on the man of God, who is the leader of the people, effectively.
1 & 2 Kings follow a formulaic pattern that focuses and hones-in on the lives and reigns of the various kings of Israel & Judah. As explained in the quote above, this pattern is broken once Elijah (and later on Elisha) steps onto the scene, only to resume back to normal later in 2 Kings, after the detailed account of their stories, forming some type of literary interlude.

1 & 2 Kings = an account of the various Israelite kings, with the story of Elijah sandwiched right in the middle...

I reckon this stylistic design is deliberate and intentional, and that Elijah = the true king.

It makes sense considering his contrast/inversion with the false king Ahab. And the dichotomy between the rough/hairy clothing of a hermit-prophet, and soft luxurious clothing = worn by rulers.

And notice how Jesus doesn't say soft clothing is for kings. But rather, "those who live in kings' houses". As if the person in the royal palace (Ahab) = not the real king:

Matthew 11
But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings' houses.

Just as Elijah = the righteous, true version and counterpart of king Ahab -- so I likewise suggest that the widow of Zarapheth = the righteous, true version of queen Jezebel.

Like Ahab & Elijah, the widow and Jezebel are portrayed as opposites, polar extremes on the spectrum. Both of them are Sidonian women, however one is a princess who wears princess clothes, and who oppresses the poor/needy of Israel from her high seat of royal authority. She who is prophesied to suffer widowhood + childlessness in a sudden moment:

Isaiah 47
Now therefore hear this, you lover of pleasures, who sit securely, who say in your heart, “I am, and there is no one besides me; I shall not sit as a widow or know the loss of children”:
These two things shall come to you in a moment, in one day; the loss of children and widowhood shall come upon you in full measure, in spite of your many sorceries and the great power of your enchantments.

The other is a widow, who almost ends up childless when her fatherless son dies (Elijah brings him back to life)

1 Kings 17
So he arose and went to Zarephath. And when he came to the gate of the city, behold, a widow was there gathering sticks. And he called to her and said, “Bring me a little water in a vessel, that I may drink.”
And as she was going to bring it, he called to her and said, “Bring me a morsel of bread in your hand.”
And she said, “As the LORD your God lives, I have nothing baked, only a handful of flour in a jar and a little oil in a jug. And now I am gathering a couple of sticks that I may go in and prepare it for myself and my son, that we may eat it and die.”
maybe Elijah = the true king, and the Sidonian woman = the true queen..

abijah`
~dog days~

Re: King Elijah

Post by abijah` »

abijah` wrote: November 6th, 2021, 10:59 pm The other is a widow, who almost ends up childless when her fatherless son dies (Elijah brings him back to life)
Interesting how in the scriptures, the widow, the fatherless/orphan, and the sojourner all get grouped together:

Exodus 22
You shall not wrong a sojourner or oppress him, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt.
You shall not mistreat any widow or fatherless child.

Ezekiel 22
Father and mother are treated with contempt in you; the sojourner suffers extortion in your midst; the fatherless and the widow are wronged in you.

Zechariah 7
do not oppress the widow, the fatherless, the sojourner, or the poor, and let none of you devise evil against another in your heart.”

The widow of Zarapheth is obviously... a widow.

Her son is obviously fatherless.

But what about the sojourner...?

The hebrew word and title of "Tishbite" = "Sojourner"

Interesting to me, how closely this theme all throughout the scriptures of not oppressing widow+fatherless+sojourner reflects the scenario of Elijah in Zarepath with the widow and her son...

Edit: also super interesting, "tishbite" is closely related with the word "teshuqah":
Spoiler
abijah` wrote: November 1st, 2021, 6:08 pm "teshuqah" תְּשׁוּקַת (only used three times in the scriptures)

Genesis 3
To the woman he said, “I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children. Your desire shall be to your husband, but he shall rule over you.”

Genesis 4
If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it.

compare with...

Song of Songs 7
I am my beloved’s, and his desire is for me.
[/quote
Also interesting, "tishbite" is likewise adjacent to "teshubah", which means "to return..."

Even "tishbite" itself has a connotation of Re-turning:
Spoiler
In fact the verb meaning "to turn"; "return" is both part of Elijah's moniker "Tishbite", as well as these New`Covenant prophecies --

Jeremiah 31
How long will you waver, O faithless daughter? For the LORD has created a new thing on the earth: a woman returns to a man.”

Malachi 4
Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.

abijah`
~dog days~

Re: turnings turnings turnings turnings turning

Post by abijah` »

:shock: Mind is getting kinda blown..

The "Re-turn" of Elijah

Everyone knows Elijah will re-turn, right?

Malachi 4
Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
And he will turn ("shobab") the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a curse.

1 Kings 18
And Elijah came near to all the people and said, “How long will you waver between two different opinions? If the LORD is God, follow him; but if Baal, then follow him.” And the people answered him not a word.
Then Elijah said to the people, “I, even I only, am left a prophet of the LORD, but Baal’s prophets are 450 men.
Let two bulls be given to us, and let them choose one bull for themselves and cut it in pieces and lay it on the wood, but put no fire to it. And I will prepare the other bull and lay it on the wood and put no fire to it.
And you call upon the name of your god, and I will call upon the name of the LORD, and the God who answers by fire, he is God.” And all the people answered, “It is well spoken.”
And they took the bull that was given them, and they prepared it and called upon the name of Baal from morning until noon, saying, “O Baal, answer us!” But there was no voice, and no one answered. And they limped around the altar that they had made.
And at noon Elijah mocked them, saying, “Cry aloud, for he is a god. Either he is musing, or he is relieving himself, or he is on a journey, or perhaps he is asleep and must be awakened.”
And they cried aloud and cut themselves after their custom with swords and lances, until the blood gushed out upon them.
And as midday passed, they raved on until the time of the offering of the oblation, but there was no voice. No one answered; no one paid attention.
Then Elijah said to all the people, “Come near to me.” And all the people came near to him. And he repaired the altar of the LORD that had been thrown down...
And at the time of the offering of the oblation, Elijah the prophet came near and said, “O LORD, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, let it be known this day that you are God in Israel, and that I am your servant, and that I have done all these things at your word.
Answer me, O LORD, answer me, that this people may know that you, O LORD, are God, and that you have turned ("shobab") their hearts back again.”
Then the fire of the LORD fell and consumed the burnt offering and the wood and the stones and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.

But the whole Re-turning theme goes a lot deeper than I thought..

First of all the name "Tishbite" itself has an association with "Re-turning":

So, Elijah's mission is to "turn the hearts back...", and his moniker of "Tishbite" also means "Returnee"

I find it very significant that the exact same hebrew root for "(re-)turn" is not only used in both the instance of fathers <----> son and woman <----> man -- not only this, but the exact same hebrew word is literally in the name "Tishbite" ("shobab")

Jeremiah 31
Return, O virgin Israel, return to these your cities.
How long will you waver, O backsliding ("shobeb") daughter? For the LORD has created a new thing on the earth: a woman returns ("shobab") to a man.”

Something tells me this has something to do with the Ark cherubim's faces (the word itself meaning "turnings") looking away from each other when Israel is wicked, and turning towards each other when they are righteous, face-to-face:
abijah` wrote: November 6th, 2021, 5:02 pmExodus 25
The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be.
https://velveteenrabbi.blogs.com/blog/2016/03/the-space-between.html wrote: When the children of Israel followed God's will, they said, the kruvim faced each other lovingly. When the children of Israel disobeyed, the kruvim turned their backs on each other.

Torah teaches that God spoke from within the empty space between the two kruvim. And Talmud teaches that the kruvim faced each other when we followed the mitzvot, and turned away from each other when we did not. What happens when we bring those two teachings together?

When we follow the mitzvot -- loving one's neighbor, one's "other," as oneself; treating the earth with respect and letting her lie fallow as needed; acting with justice and mercy -- then the kruvim face each other, and God speaks from the place between them. They face each other when we face each other. I don't just mean facing each other in a spatial sense, but facing each other with heart and soul. This is what Martin Buber called I/Thou relationship. Borrowing from the language of yoga, one could say "the spark of God in me greets the spark of God in you." That's when God is present between us.
Genesis 32
Then Jacob asked him, “Please tell me your name.” But the man said, “Why is it that you ask my name?” And there he blessed him.
So Jacob called the name of the place Peniel, saying, “For I have seen God face to face, and yet my life has been delivered.”

Judges 6
Then Gideon perceived that he was the angel of the LORD. And Gideon said, “Alas, O Lord GOD! For now I have seen the angel of the LORD face to face.”
https://www.hebrewversity.com/hebrew-meaning-guardians-garden-eden-revealing-cherubims-grasp/ wrote: The original Hebrew word for ‘cherubim’ is ‘Keruvim’ {כרובים} (which is the Hebrew plural form of ‘Keruv’ {כרוב}) and refers to a particular type of angels commonly known by their ‘child-like facial features.’
edit:

🤔

Genesis 3:24
He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree of life.

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

🤔
  • Isaiah 6
    And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!”
    Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar.
    And he touched my mouth and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for.”
  • Jeremiah 1
    "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations."
    Then I said, “Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth.”
    ...Then the LORD put out his hand and touched my mouth. And the LORD said to me, “Behold, I have put my words in your mouth"...

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

🤔
  • Revelation 12
    The serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with a flood.
    But the earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river that the dragon had poured from his mouth.
  • Numbers 16
    And Moses said, “Hereby you shall know that the LORD has sent me to do all these works, and that it has not been of my own accord.
    If these men die as all men die, or if they are visited by the fate of all mankind, then the LORD has not sent me.
    But if the LORD creates something new, and the ground opens its mouth and swallows them up with all that belongs to them, and they go down alive into Sheol, then you shall know that these men have despised the LORD.”
    And as soon as he had finished speaking all these words, the ground under them split apart.
    And the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up, with their households and all the people who belonged to Korah and all their goods.
  • Genesis 4
    And now you are cursed from the ground, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand.

Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Post by Wondering Wendy »

abijah` wrote: December 6th, 2021, 9:41 pm 🤔
  • Revelation 12
    The serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with a flood.
    But the earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river that the dragon had poured from his mouth.
  • Numbers 16
    And Moses said, “Hereby you shall know that the LORD has sent me to do all these works, and that it has not been of my own accord.
    If these men die as all men die, or if they are visited by the fate of all mankind, then the LORD has not sent me.
    But if the LORD creates something new, and the ground opens its mouth and swallows them up with all that belongs to them, and they go down alive into Sheol, then you shall know that these men have despised the LORD.”
    And as soon as he had finished speaking all these words, the ground under them split apart.
    And the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up, with their households and all the people who belonged to Korah and all their goods.
  • Genesis 4
    And now you are cursed from the ground, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand.
I just posted this and I've been wondering if Revelation 12 might apply.
Wondering Wendy wrote: December 6th, 2021, 9:04 pm There are a lot of modern prophecies that speak of this happening. It makes the whole "Missouri will be swept clean" even more interesting.

Will The Coming New Madrid Earthquake Split The United States In Two?

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

🤔

Judges 6
Then the angel of the LORD reached out the tip of the staff that was in his hand and touched the meat and the unleavened cakes. And fire sprang up from the rock and consumed the meat and the unleavened cakes. And the angel of the LORD vanished from his sight.

Judges 13
And when the flame went up toward heaven from the altar, the angel of the LORD went up in the flame of the altar. Now Manoah and his wife were watching, and they fell on their faces to the ground.
The angel of the LORD appeared no more to Manoah and to his wife. Then Manoah knew that he was the angel of the LORD.

• 2 Kings 2
    And as they still went on and talked, behold, chariots of fire and horses of fire separated the two of them. And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
    And Elisha saw it and he cried, “My father, my father! The chariots of Israel and its horsemen!” And he saw him no more.

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

• Genesis 2
    Then the LORD God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”
  • John 14
    "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever..
    I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

🤔
  • 1 Samuel 17
    Then David said to the Philistine, “You come to me with a sword and with a spear and with a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.
  • 1 Kings 18
    And they took the bull that was given them, and they prepared it and called upon the name of Baal from morning until noon, saying, “O Baal, answer us!” But there was no voice, and no one answered. And they limped around the altar that they had made. And they cried aloud and cut themselves after their custom with swords and lances, until the blood gushed out upon them.

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

🤔

Gen 49
The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

John 14
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 16
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment

2 Kings 2
And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.
And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.
And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more...

Judges 13
For it came to pass, when the flame went up toward heaven from off the altar, that the angel of the LORD ascended in the flame of the altar. And Manoah and his wife looked on it, and fell on their faces to the ground.
But the angel of the LORD did no more appear to Manoah and to his wife. Then Manoah knew that he was an angel of the LORD.

abijah`
~dog days~

"and he was not.."

Post by abijah` »

Look at the odd/unique way the Bible describes enoch's being translated:
  • Gen 5
    And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
"he was not..." Same language used in reference to Rachel's children..
  • Matt 2
    In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.
But the connections keep going, including weeping, and refusing to be comforted..
  • Matt 2
    In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.
  • Moses 7
    And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto Enoch, and told Enoch all the doings of the children of men; wherefore Enoch knew, and looked upon their wickedness, and their misery, and wept and stretched forth his arms, and his heart swelled wide as eternity; and his bowels yearned; and all eternity shook...
    And as Enoch saw this, he had bitterness of soul, and wept over his brethren, and said unto the heavens: I will refuse to be comforted...

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: "and he was not.."

Post by Luke »

abijah` wrote: January 9th, 2022, 8:21 pm Look at the odd/unique way the Bible describes enoch's being translated:

Gen 5

Matt 2

But the connections keep going, including weeping, and refusing to be comforted..

Matt 2

Moses 7
And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto Enoch, and told Enoch all the doings of the children of men; wherefore Enoch knew, and looked upon their wickedness, and their misery, and wept and stretched forth his arms, and his heart swelled wide as eternity; and his bowels yearned; and all eternity shook...
And as Enoch saw this, he had bitterness of soul, and wept over his brethren, and said unto the heavens: I will refuse to be comforted...
Very interesting... another small proof of JS’ inspiration while writing the Book of Moses

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

Luke wrote: January 9th, 2022, 8:24 pm
abijah` wrote: January 9th, 2022, 8:21 pm Look at the odd/unique way the Bible describes enoch's being translated:

Gen 5

Matt 2

Matt 2

Moses 7
Very interesting... another small proof of JS’ inspiration while writing the Book of Moses
I had the same thought, it definitely speaks to Joseph’s prophetic authenticity I'd say.

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

• Gen 5
  • Matt 2
  • Matt 2
  • Moses 7
Wow, it clearly has to do with Joseph of Egypt's (Rachel's son) selling into slavery as well it seems -
  • Gen 37
    And Reuben returned unto the pit; and, behold, Joseph was not in the pit; and he rent his clothes.
    And he returned unto his brethren, and said, The child is not; and I, whither shall I go?
    ...And Jacob rent his clothes, and put sackcloth upon his loins, and mourned for his son many days.
    And all his sons and all his daughters rose up to comfort him; but he refused to be comforted; and he said, For I will go down into the grave unto my son mourning. Thus his father wept for him.

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

• Gen 5
  • Matt 2
  • Matt 2
  • Moses 7
Yet another connection, in terms of being comforted..
  • John 14 (KJV)
    And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
    Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
    I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
But that's just the KJV, mind how (most) other translations render it..
  • John 14 (ESV)
    And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,
    even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.
    I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
What is the situation with Rachel? Her children dying, specifically Joseph, leaving her childless.

Here in John, Jesus talks about not leaving them as "orphans", which can also mean "comfortless"...

I wonder how Enoch factors in here w/ this..

Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Post by Wondering Wendy »

• Gen 5
  • Matt 2
  • Matt 2
  • Moses 7

Harpazo. It is my opinion that the children are going to be taken to safety, perhaps to the New Jerusalem, as Enoch was along with the bride of Christ sometime before the Great Tribulation begins. There are several online prophecies about it. Scriptures like this seem to back it up.

Here is one study of several done by Tim Foster at timfoster405 channel.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

precious.jpg
precious.jpg (63.18 KiB) Viewed 1888 times

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

Chip wrote: January 10th, 2022, 12:19 pmprecious.jpg
Klaus schwab's dream.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

abijah` wrote: January 10th, 2022, 2:00 pm
Chip wrote: January 10th, 2022, 12:19 pmprecious.jpg
Klaus schwab's dream.
Yes, a technocrat's delight. Gollum wouldn't be able to get to the mountain, anyway, without a COVID pass. No precious for him.