Forum maintenance. You might see some weird things for a bit..

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
creator
(of the Forum)

Forum maintenance. You might see some weird things for a bit..

Post by creator »

A latest forum software update affected some things in the theme functionality. I'll be working on it in the morning/afternoon...

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Re: Forum maintenance. You might see some weird things for a bit..

Post by Rose Garden »

I'm seeing pink . . . lots of pink.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I come here to see weird things.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Brother B. wrote: January 20th, 2020, 1:03 am A latest forum software update affected some things in the theme functionality. I'll be working on it in the morning/afternoon...
Thank you. I'd use the Thank button ,but it is missing... ;)

Phantom
captain of 100

Post by Phantom »

I feel your pain, bro.

Amonhi
captain of 1,000

Post by Amonhi »

Original_Intent wrote: January 20th, 2020, 10:04 am I come here to see weird things.
:lol: lol, loved this!

Peace,
Amonhi

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

How to use the old view for viewing? I can't remember where I found it last time, and can't find it.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

JohnnyL wrote: January 20th, 2020, 4:00 pm How to use the old view for viewing? I can't remember where I found it last time, and can't find it.
Tell me when you find out.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

JohnnyL wrote: January 20th, 2020, 4:00 pm How to use the old view for viewing? I can't remember where I found it last time, and can't find it.
As the forum software continues to be updated, I can no longer guarantee compatibility with the older "Theme"; so I've disabled it. It's easier to only have to maintain one version.

I realize that means it will take some getting used to.

I am open to suggestions if there's something specific that you want to see changed.

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

Original_Intent wrote: January 20th, 2020, 10:04 am I come here to see weird things.
Hahaha

Phantom
captain of 100

Post by Phantom »

Brother B. wrote: January 20th, 2020, 5:40 pm
As the forum software continues to be updated, I can no longer guarantee compatibility with the older "Theme"; so I've disabled it. It's easier to only have to maintain one version.

I am open to suggestions if there's something specific that you want to see changed.
Change is hard for some. But this theme seems to be working fine.

ori
captain of 1,000

Post by ori »

I’m fine with the theme. But I really miss the “thank” button.

ori
captain of 1,000

Post by ori »

Also, In the old Theme I would never see ads when logged in. I only saw them when logged out. With the new theme I’m seeing ads when logged in. Sad.

If you need the revenue to keep the site up, I understand. But I don’t like the ads. :)

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

ori wrote: January 20th, 2020, 7:46 pm Also, In the old Theme I would never see ads when logged in. I only saw them when logged out. With the new theme I’m seeing ads when logged in. Sad.
That might be temporary.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

ori wrote: January 20th, 2020, 7:44 pm I’m fine with the theme. But I really miss the “thank” button.
It will be back. Eventually.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Is this new theme-thingy optimized for tiny screens or something? Wasn't there an option for mobile vs. desktop layout before?

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

h_p wrote: January 20th, 2020, 9:02 pmIs this new theme-thingy optimized for tiny screens or something? Wasn't there an option for mobile vs. desktop layout before?
Yes, it's optimized to be mobile-friendly (as was the previous design). It's just an automatic responsive thing, not a an option to select.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Brother B. wrote: January 20th, 2020, 9:38 pm
h_p wrote: January 20th, 2020, 9:02 pmIs this new theme-thingy optimized for tiny screens or something? Wasn't there an option for mobile vs. desktop layout before?
Yes, it's optimized to be mobile-friendly (as was the previous design). It's just an automatic responsive thing, not a an option to select.
Could you at least make it so that the sidebar is:
a) On the left.
b). And can retract into the side.

I don't mind the colors of the new layout, but not having the forum posts in the middle of the screen is driving my OCD up the wall.

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

this lds cyber-dystopian theme might be what pushes me to the swamp of mormondialogue :evil:

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Re: Hello

Post by Zathura »

Brian I like the new theme. I think poster names and thread titles should be a darker, bolder font. Both from within a thread and the view showing all topics.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Am I just blind, or is it so that the new theme does not have a button that allows you to jump to the first unread post in the thread? Is this something that will come back with Thanks button?
I am using mobile device.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Can you get rid of the bar on the right hand side, make it like it used to be where you could bring it out and put it away if that makes sense.

EDIT: Basically what Durzan said

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Luke wrote: January 21st, 2020, 12:01 am

Can you get rid of the bar on the right hand side, make it like it used to be where you could bring it out and put it away if that makes sense.

EDIT: Basically what Durzan said
Agreed. It feels like the posts are squashed into the middle by a bunch of wasted space on the sides.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

I suppose it depends on your screen size... On mine, if there's no sidebar, it seems too wide. Are you on laptops or small screens?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Brother B. wrote: January 21st, 2020, 10:23 am I suppose it depends on your screen size... On mine, if there's no sidebar, it seems too wide. Are you on laptops or small screens?
Brian, I'm on a laptop, and there is a blue/gray block of color (with the Angel Moroni and trumpet icon in the middle) that extends about 1/3 down from the top of the screen. It never goes away - there doesn't seem to be a way to retract it - so there isn't much space to actually read posts. Can you make that go away, or retract up or something? It was nice having the whole screen to read posts on - feels very squished this way. Thanks for all your work with the forum.