News about Chad Daybell (and Lori Vallow)

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Re: News about Chad Daybell (and Lori Vallow)

Post by farmerchick »

Lizzy60 wrote: September 24th, 2022, 8:39 am The judge ruled there will be no cameras in the courtroom.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2022/09/j ... -hearings/
I agree with the judge on this...there should be no opportunity for Lori or chad to get a stay of execution because of technicalities....although everyone already knows if they are convicted and get the death penalty there will be appeal after appeal anyway...but this just takes one more reason off the table IMHO.....i understand the woodcock family is upset and want the world to see this play out......and I'm sympathetic to their view, but the judge has a duty to maintain order in the courtroom and to make sure justice is served without an oj simpson type theater experience....

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

It looks like chad daybell has asked for a postponement of his trial from Jan 2023 to sept/Oct 2023. It also appears chad wants to have the trials held separately. Supposedly chad is concerned about the death penalty being biased against men and may jeopardize his constitutional rights to present a complete defense. Chad has plans to introduce
Prior bad acts of Lori and Alex. Huh...maybe chad has decided he loves himself just a little more than he loved Lori? I can't say I am surprised that we are now seeing a little rift developing between chad and lori. It is interesting that Chad is the first one to publicize his willingness to spill the beans on Lori. Chad strikes me as a dimwitted coward and more so now that he has asked for this. I still don't think this scheme was all Lori. I hope the truth is found through the trial process and they both sing like canaries. As we are seeing though, the process to get the truth will be long as the attorneys play games and keep it from even starting.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Lizzy60 wrote: September 24th, 2022, 8:39 am The judge ruled there will be no cameras in the courtroom.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2022/09/j ... -hearings/
Well, this will provide employment for courtroom artists anyway.

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

farmerchick wrote: September 29th, 2022, 12:42 am It looks like chad daybell has asked for a postponement of his trial from Jan 2023 to sept/Oct 2023. It also appears chad wants to have the trials held separately. Supposedly chad is concerned about the death penalty being biased against men and may jeopardize his constitutional rights to present a complete defense. Chad has plans to introduce
Prior bad acts of Lori and Alex. Huh...maybe chad has decided he loves himself just a little more than he loved Lori? I can't say I am surprised that we are now seeing a little rift developing between chad and lori. It is interesting that Chad is the first one to publicize his willingness to spill the beans on Lori. Chad strikes me as a dimwitted coward and more so now that he has asked for this. I still don't think this scheme was all Lori. I hope the truth is found through the trial process and they both sing like canaries. As we are seeing though, the process to get the truth will be long as the attorneys play games and keep it from even starting.
Frankly, I expected one of them to turn on the other long before this. The banning of cameras really disappoints me. I had planned on being glued to court tv for the duration of the trial. I met these people, and their followers including Julie Rowe, and also stayed in various avow members homes during the two week period of the eclipse and the campout outside of Morgan Utah. I met Tammy Daybell, and was there when Tylee, in her early teens at the time, asked my husband for an autograph after he spoke. It's all still surreal, and so their case holds a special fascination for me.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Nate Eaton of East Idaho News is going to have the audio of the trial, I believe. And there will be a courtroom artist.

I just finished listening to this audiobook about this saga. Here is a link to it if you’re interested.

https://youtu.be/4OTbwii2wkc

The author is obviously left leaning politically and doesn’t hide that fact in the book. So just a warning that the first half of the book is her leftist views coming out, and her railing against Ezra Taft Benson, constitutionalists, preppers, extremely religious people, etc.

But I did learn some new things about the case that I hadn’t heard before. And the second half is mostly about Chad and Lori and what happened. So I recommend it, with the caveat that the first half is somewhat annoying. And I appreciate her putting it on YouTube so we can listen for free without buying the book.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Interesting strategy for Lori Vallow. She hasn’t waived her right to a speedy trial so now the death penalty is off the table for her in Idaho.

She will still have to be tried in Arizona for her husband’s death.

The death penalty is still on the table for Chad Daybell. He waived his right to a speedy trial.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I understand the first day of the trial has come and gone, and Lori's alibis were blown out of the water (someone I know said it; I don't have first-hand experience with it).

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Silver Pie wrote: April 4th, 2023, 6:43 pm I understand the first day of the trial has come and gone, and Lori's alibis were blown out of the water (someone I know said it; I don't have first-hand experience with it).
They are still selecting the jury. Today was the second day.
Lori filed an “alibi” with the court, with the claim that the night JJ disappeared, Alex took him to his apartment, and she was in her apartment with Melanie Gibb, David Warwick, and Chad.

That is NOT an alibi!! What about Tylee? She had been missing for over 6 weeks when JJ disappeared.
She is not going to get away with saying everyone told her the kids were fine...........

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Well, this is interesting:

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

I don’t think the jury is going to acquit her. Even if some of them are LDS. Her beliefs were way way way out there and had nothing to do with LDS teachings and doctrine. And LDS jury members would know that. Plus, she (allegedly) conspired to have her kids murdered! That’s not going to sit well with the jury.

I heard a couple of interesting reports from the trial today.
1. They had audio of Lori talking on the phone (To Chad?) after Alex’s 1st attempt to kill Tammy Daybell failed. Lori said something like, “He can’t do anything right!”
2. Shortly before the kids disappeared/were murdered, Alex changed the Wi-Fi password to “toomanykids” and Lori responded with, “funny”.

Ugh! So awful!

Also! In regards to number 1, so are there audio files recorded and stored somewhere of all of our phone conversations?! Or how did they get that?! WTH?

Lykos
captain of 100

Post by Lykos »

Yes your phone conversations are being recorded
If you talk over a regular cell voice connection assume it is being recorded, and someone with the right motivation can get it.

Also, all your google account activity is handed to the prosecutors on a silver platter, even if they only ask for one bit, Google says, here have it all its not worth our time to sift through it. All google docs, contacts, searches, email, location data, everything.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Lykos wrote: April 10th, 2023, 6:53 pm Yes your phone conversations are being recorded
If you talk over a regular cell voice connection assume it is being recorded, and someone with the right motivation can get it.

Also, all your google account activity is handed to the prosecutors on a silver platter, even if they only ask for one bit, Google says, here have it all its not worth our time to sift through it. All google docs, contacts, searches, email, location data, everything.
I’ve known about the Google thing for probably 20 + years. And of course they can access your text messages and photos, etc on your phone if they get your phone through a search warrant. I just didn’t know every phone conversation I had was being recorded and filed somewhere for the rest of eternity.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

I genuinely hope that Chad and Lori Daybell get what they’ve got coming.

But, the reality is, we live in a huge, dystopian surveillance state. They have every phone call, every text, every email, every Snapchat, tweet, you name it. There is no such thing as actual privacy in this country.

And, it’s true, many people don’t seem to have that figured out yet.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

Lizzy60 wrote: April 4th, 2023, 7:09 pm
Silver Pie wrote: April 4th, 2023, 6:43 pm I understand the first day of the trial has come and gone, and Lori's alibis were blown out of the water (someone I know said it; I don't have first-hand experience with it).
They are still selecting the jury. Today was the second day.
Lori filed an “alibi” with the court, with the claim that the night JJ disappeared, Alex took him to his apartment, and she was in her apartment with Melanie Gibb, David Warwick, and Chad.

That is NOT an alibi!! What about Tylee? She had been missing for over 6 weeks when JJ disappeared.
She is not going to get away with saying everyone told her the kids were fine...........
Thanks for clarifying that. I had forgotten how long it was between the disappearance of the two kids.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Remember when Charles Vallow was killed by Alex, Lori’s brother? Remember how Charles tried to tell his ward leaders and the police that Lori was going off the deep end in a dangerous way? Remember how they did next to nothing?

If you read any of EndlessQuestions threads, you may not be surprised that Charles Vallow’s murder happened in.......

Maricopa County!!!

And they immediately ruled it self-defense, and only investigated further after Lori and Chad were arrested in Idaho, and Alex was long dead. Lori is charged with conspiracy in this murder also, but in AZ, not ID.

Yeliab
captain of 100

Post by Yeliab »

I have long held silent on this topic. I fully expect Lori and Chad both to throw Alex and his wife under the bus. Melaine Gibb is wrapped up to her neck in this as well. To what extent I don't know. This case is one for the books for sure. Unless Idaho and Arizona have absolute proof with DNA and other forensic evidence that Chad and or Lori were directly involved with the murders, then the case is circumstantial at best. I personally think that Chad will cop a plea and will be rewarded accordingly AFTER he turns on Lori. In other words, he will turn State's Evidence or whatever they call it in ID and AZ. I see Chad getting max of 10 years with Parole option and Lori will get 10 years to life IF she can be directly tied to the murders. I'm not saying or implying I think they are not guilty in this mess. I believe wholeheartedly that they are. I also believe that Alex was the hitman in this and that he was about a half bubble off of being plumb. I think he was whacked by his wife to silence him for all that he knew about her family's cartel drug trafficking into the US. By silencing him when they did, it appears that he might have been killed in order to keep him from testifying in the Dumbell cases.

I fully expect Lori and Chad to say that Alex was mentally off and that he simply misunderstood what they were talking about except in the case of Charles. Alex was the prime suspect then and was cleared. Unless Maricopa has some ironclad evidence against Lori, then Alex is again the scapegoat. A whole lot of AVOW members are tied into this pile of putrid bunk as well. Not that they were directly involved with the murders. But they were fully on board with Chad boy's teachings and "visions" and portals crap. I believe further that one J. M. is far more involved than is being talked about. He was very much interested in Lori's er umm skills. Yes these are my opinions and are based on what I know and have read from official sources. My opinions nevertheless. There could very well be forensic DNA evidence that seals the deal against Chad and Lori. If so, the law enforcement agencies involved are doing a remarkable job in keeping that close to their vests. The DA there in Idaho has made some serious blunders however. Some are saying intentionally because they do not have a cut and dried case. That wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened. His blunders are enough to get appeals, which will be automatic IF the adjudication results in the Death Penalty or extreme time sentencing. Asking for separate trials was both smart and dumb, that could help Chad or sink them both. Each will likely be barred from the Courtroom while the other is testifying or witnessing testifying UNLESS they are unified, in which case one can not be compelled to testify against the other. That does not stop either from turning evidence against the other.

I hope IF they are guilty of direct involvement with the murders, they receive the maximum of sentence possible. No matter what that penalty is. IF they receive the death penalty, it will be another decade or more before they meet justice. But at least, we won't be hearing anymore from them except for maybe small news blips that their appeals were denied.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Yeliab wrote: April 11th, 2023, 8:10 am I have long held silent on this topic. I fully expect Lori and Chad both to throw Alex and his wife under the bus. Melaine Gibb is wrapped up to her neck in this as well. To what extent I don't know. This case is one for the books for sure. Unless Idaho and Arizona have absolute proof with DNA and other forensic evidence that Chad and or Lori were directly involved with the murders, then the case is circumstantial at best. I personally think that Chad will cop a plea and will be rewarded accordingly AFTER he turns on Lori. In other words, he will turn State's Evidence or whatever they call it in ID and AZ. I see Chad getting max of 10 years with Parole option and Lori will get 10 years to life IF she can be directly tied to the murders. I'm not saying or implying I think they are not guilty in this mess. I believe wholeheartedly that they are. I also believe that Alex was the hitman in this and that he was about a half bubble off of being plumb. I think he was whacked by his wife to silence him for all that he knew about her family's cartel drug trafficking into the US. By silencing him when they did, it appears that he might have been killed in order to keep him from testifying in the Dumbell cases.

I fully expect Lori and Chad to say that Alex was mentally off and that he simply misunderstood what they were talking about except in the case of Charles. Alex was the prime suspect then and was cleared. Unless Maricopa has some ironclad evidence against Lori, then Alex is again the scapegoat. A whole lot of AVOW members are tied into this pile of putrid bunk as well. Not that they were directly involved with the murders. But they were fully on board with Chad boy's teachings and "visions" and portals crap. I believe further that one J. M. is far more involved than is being talked about. He was very much interested in Lori's er umm skills. Yes these are my opinions and are based on what I know and have read from official sources. My opinions nevertheless. There could very well be forensic DNA evidence that seals the deal against Chad and Lori. If so, the law enforcement agencies involved are doing a remarkable job in keeping that close to their vests. The DA there in Idaho has made some serious blunders however. Some are saying intentionally because they do not have a cut and dried case. That wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened. His blunders are enough to get appeals, which will be automatic IF the adjudication results in the Death Penalty or extreme time sentencing. Asking for separate trials was both smart and dumb, that could help Chad or sink them both. Each will likely be barred from the Courtroom while the other is testifying or witnessing testifying UNLESS they are unified, in which case one can not be compelled to testify against the other. That does not stop either from turning evidence against the other.

I hope IF they are guilty of direct involvement with the murders, they receive the maximum of sentence possible. No matter what that penalty is. IF they receive the death penalty, it will be another decade or more before they meet justice. But at least, we won't be hearing anymore from them except for maybe small news blips that their appeals were denied.
I mean this kindly:

You have not kept up with the case. The amount of evidence they have against them is huge. I’m going to listen to yesterday’s audio from the trial today, actually. So I’m sure I’ll find out even more. But it doesn’t matter if all they have is circumstantial evidence. Circumstantial evidence is enough to convict someone.

And the death penalty is already off the table for Lori. Due to a combination of her not waiving her right to a speedy trial and the state not turning over evidence to the defense in time. Mostly the latter. The judge had to either 1. move forward and the case would get turned over on appeal, 2. Not admit the late evidence in the proceedings, or 3. Give a penalty to the prosecution and/or a benefit to the defendant, so he went with number 3 and took the death penalty off the table. (I think the defense asked for it to be taken off.)

Lori has been charged with conspiracy to commit murder, 1st degree murder, and theft. I think she will most definitely be convicted of conspiracy to commit murder. I don’t know what the legal requirements are for the first degree murder charge. If it’s like hiring a hit man, I think she could be convicted of that too. I don’t think she did any of the actual murdering. But if you get someone else to murder for you, can you still be convicted of first degree murder? If so, she’s got a good chance of being convicted of that too.

Edit to add: I think Chad has even more evidence against him than Lori does. The kids were found in his backyard. He may have had a hand in the actual killing. And almost certainly had a hand in hiding the bodies.
And his wife died while sleeping in the same bed with him.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

The question was asked above, “if you get someone else to murder for you, can you be convicted of first degree murder.”

The answer is yes. A recent case had a man hiring two friends to murder his wife while he was out of town. He received a conviction for first degree murder AND a stiffer penalty than his friends.

Teresa Sievers. Florida chiropractor. First hit man got life in prison. His buddy in crime got 25 years. The husband who set up the murder got the death penalty and he was out of state at the time of the crime.

Also, money does not have to be paid out to “hire” a hit man.

BenMcCrea
captain of 100

Post by BenMcCrea »

All of these psychos - the Lafferty’s, Chad and Lori Daybell etc had one thing in common: they were obsessed with the so called Davidic Servant/One Mighty and Strong and/or they claimed to have direct communication with Christ. They of course were lying or deceived and were actually being controlled by Satan. They were outwardly faithful but secretly were sinful and devilish.

Be warned!

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Yeliab wrote: April 11th, 2023, 8:10 am . . . .
I think he was whacked by his wife to silence him for all that he knew about her family's cartel drug trafficking into the US. By silencing him when they did, it appears that he might have been killed in order to keep him from testifying in the Dumbell cases. . . . .
I've only marginally followed all of this, being one who likes to avoid topics smacking of such horror. But I don't recall reading that they were involved w/drug running. Any real evidence for this (linked to previous post, etc.?).

If in fact, this is the case, it provides a tad of rationality for what they did, despite it remaining full-bore horrific.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

larsenb wrote: April 11th, 2023, 11:45 am
I think he was whacked by his wife to silence him for all that he knew about her family's cartel drug trafficking into the US. By silencing him when they did, it appears that he might have been killed in order to keep him from testifying in the Dumbell cases. . . . .
I've only marginally followed all of this, being one who likes to avoid topics smacking of such horror. But I don't recall reading that they were involved w/drug running. Any real evidence for this (linked to previous post, etc.?).

If in fact, this is the case, it provides a tad of rationality for what they did, despite it remaining full-bore horrific.
They were referencing Alex’s wife Zulema. I haven’t heard anything about Chad and Lori and drug running. Zulema was part of their 144K group, and she was supposed to command the earthquakes. She and Alex married in Vegas only a few weeks before his death.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

I haven’t heard anything about it, but I try to follow legitimate sources about the case, not every person out there who is talking about their theories.

Yes, they are talking about Zulema who was married to Alex shortly before he died. There is actually a good chance that Alex attempted to murder Zulema after their wedding.

I haven’t heard anything about drug cartel and Zulema’s family.

Alex died of blood clots in the lungs and cardiovascular disease/ high blood pressure. He wasn’t feeling well, was short of breath a day or two before he died. The medical examiner ruled his death was from natural causes. They were definitely looking for evidence of foul play, so I believe that is the true cause of death, unless there was some way to cause people to die of blood clots back in 2019 and not get caught by medical examiner and autopsy.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

A bit of drama after lunch. Lori seemed to be visibly upset and didn’t want to enter the courtroom after the lunch break. After conferring with her lawyers, they requested that her right to be present in the courtroom be waived, and she be allowed to stay out of the afternoon session. Her attorney said she had fragile mental health.

The judge said he!! no.

Btw, they are presenting evidence and photos of what was found when the bodies were discovered.
Larry and Kay are in the courtroom, and staring her down.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

Tammy Daybell died of asphyxiation.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/tammy-d ... 31388.html.

The cause of death of Chad Daybell’s first wife Tammy has finally been revealed as “cult mom” Lori Vallow’s high-profile murder trial gets underway in Idaho.

In opening statements in Ada County Courthouse on Monday morning, Fremont County prosecutor Lindsey Blake told jurors that Tammy, 49, died by asphyxiation – and not peacefully in her sleep as was originally claimed.

Tammy died “at the hands of another and died of asphyxiation,” she said, citing the Utah medical examiner.

Tammy, an otherwise healthy 49-year-old, died suddenly in her sleep on 19 October 2019 – just one month after Ms Vallow’s two children JJ and Tylee disappeared without a trace.

Despite the mysterious circumstances, her family declined an autopsy and Tammy’s death was ruled to be from natural causes.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

That is why Chad and Lori's Earthquake didn't happen. Zulmia forgot to command one. Darn it.