Horrible news out of Mexico

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

SAM
captain of 100

Re: Horrible news out of Mexico

Post by SAM »

Lots of the children are still being searched for.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

SL Trib won't let me read.

I suppose those are Mormon colonies there. Many of them were armed and had somewhat of a truce going with the bad guys. I don't know what happened in this story.
dc

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

The cartels are sacrificing women and children to Santa Muerte...
Like their fathers before them.

SAM
captain of 100

Post by SAM »

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

The USA should have kept Mexico rather than merely keeping Texas and California.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Mexico needs someone like their own Eliot Ness and the Untouchables, or Frank Hammer and his group, who have the courage to go into Northern Mexico and root out those criminal cartels once and for all. The deaths of these innocent women and children sickens me. It's time for some men down there to start walking tall.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Who would have thought this could happen in a place with such strict gun control?

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

I know that I keep writing nothing... but some of those were my grandchildren

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

simpleton wrote: November 5th, 2019, 5:14 am I know that I keep writing nothing... but some of those were my grandchildren
Sorry to hear that.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Hope Trump responds to this and the perpetrators can be processed into fertilizer.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Fiannan wrote: November 4th, 2019, 10:57 pm The USA should have kept Mexico rather than merely keeping Texas and California.
It was considered at the time and rejected. It would have meant the start of the welfare "society", and they didn't want to spend money on that.

Sort of like why the don't want to make Puerto Rico a state. It would cost too much.
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Matchmaker wrote: November 5th, 2019, 2:43 am Mexico needs someone like their own Eliot Ness and the Untouchables, or Frank Hammer and his group, who have the courage to go into Northern Mexico and root out those criminal cartels once and for all. The deaths of these innocent women and children sickens me. It's time for some men down there to start walking tall.
There are many of them. But they are faced with a choice of ... accepting cash ... or being shot, or having the family shot.
dc

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

simpleton wrote: November 5th, 2019, 5:14 am I know that I keep writing nothing... but some of those were my grandchildren
Oh no Simpleton! Sending most sincere prayers your way

pho·to·syn·the·sis
captain of 100

Post by pho·to·syn·the·sis »

Sorry to hear that. We know the Langford and LeBaron families. My wife was friends with some of the girls. Good people. I know the family was asking to get the word out yesterday about this. I think they may have been heard.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Matchmaker wrote: November 5th, 2019, 2:43 am Mexico needs someone like their own Eliot Ness and the Untouchables, or Frank Hammer and his group, who have the courage to go into Northern Mexico and root out those criminal cartels once and for all. The deaths of these innocent women and children sickens me. It's time for some men down there to start walking tall.
The problem with that is the depth of the corruption. The only way it would work would be with killing many many people. And losing many of yours in the process.

The reason why they are so powerful is one reason. Money. If the U.S. were to legalize drugs and provide them to anyone cheap, like $1 those people would be out of a job immediately.

However, yes, they then would go into kidnap and extortion full time, which is already a big industry in so called Latin American countries.

The friction with the Mormon groups there has been an issue for many many years, yes, decades.
dc

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

More innocent victims in the failed war on drugs.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

I'm so sorry.

SAM
captain of 100

Post by SAM »

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I can't even imagine. We've been praying for your family.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Sad situation.

Is this a family from Utah or were they living in Mexico? I have heard both. We’re they fundamentalists?
I have heard they were living in poor conditions there after fleeing the states to live.

I’m confused.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

First heard about this story from the Salt Lake Tribune. Thought it would be given a bit more coverage in the Deseret News. Should have been the lead story. https://www.deseret.com/ At least they covered it.

President Trump certainly is angry and leaving the door open to dealing with this.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

As a new grandfather I can only imagine the pain you are feeling right now. My deepest condolences to you.