Psychological Shadow - Do you project?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Psychological Shadow - Do you project?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

EvanLM wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 4:46 pm You are not just light, you are also shadow. There is no thing without both. this comment is satanism
Does the Sun have a shadow?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

EvanLM wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 4:46 pm You are not just light, you are also shadow. There is no thing without both. this comment is satanism
You still don't say which of us you were referring to.

Going by some of your behaviours on here, you most definitely do have a dark side to you. You can be quite aggressive and argumentative for the sake of it, which means that shrink obviously never looked at you properly.

In the long term, the darkness will be destroyed, but it is still very much with us, and within people, which is why we need a Saviour in the first place.

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Post by darknesstolight »

Niemand wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 3:30 pm
darknesstolight wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 1:06 pm If you deny your shadow or are not aware of it then in all likelihood you are one of the people capable of committing all the atrocities ever committed.

You are not just light, you are also shadow. There is no thing without both.

Is your user name in reference to this?
Just to put a fine point on it and to share something good...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2hjOQVmwTU

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Niemand wrote: September 4th, 2022, 2:16 am

Going by some of your behaviours on here, you most definitely do have a dark side to you. You can be quite aggressive and argumentative for the sake of it, which means that shrink obviously never looked at you properly.

In the long term, the darkness will be destroyed, but it is still very much with us, and within people, which is why we need a Saviour in the first place.
But here is the thing. Without a shadow there is no light. Everything in the Universe is relational, its relative. That doesn't mean there are no rules or no right or wrong but that you can't have a thing existing alone and it still be a thing.

Sound is an interpretation of vibration and if a tree falls in the forest and nobody or no instrument is there, it will make a vibration but no sound. You have to have intelligence and sensors that pick up the vibration and then the sound gets created (in the mind of the person "hearing" the vibration).

So sound requires a relationship in order to exist.

Again if you have a ball in space and nothing else, you have no idea if the ball is moving or not. But you introduce a second ball and now you can distinguish movements but you still don't know if the balls are moving forward or backwards so then you introduce a third ball and now you can begin to distinguish.

Sound is a vibration. There are spaces in the vibration where the sound pauses, so there is no such thing as a continuous sound. If there weren't any breaks or pauses you'd hear nothing. People who are tone deaf can't distinguish the breaks in the sound wave.

So it is with all things. A light shines but without an object to cast a shadow there is no light.

Ying Yang symbol also shows this. Its in a double helix form, like galaxies, and in the white is a little bit of black and in the black is a little bit of white.

Another way to see this is that there is even good in death. There is good in suffering.

Without death there could be no life.

Without chaos there is no order. Order requires chaos otherwise it would not be distinguishable.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

don't agree with this sound and vibration and nonsense . . sorry

some opposites are to introduce how we work our AGENCY . . .satan and evil are not supposed to exist in the millenium until the end.

but satan is gone . . locked up and evil is gone . . and after the last battle then the bad guys are all gone . . towards celestial life . . . hmmmm

since it was christ and the prophets that introduced opposites then I think they knew about places like kolob that are without evil

and it isn't cuz we can't hear evil . . it doesn't exist there

however I think that your arguments are trying to actually give a definition to motives rather than evil . . .and there truly are people with pure motives even if you can't see it in the forest

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha if I don't accept your definition of evil why would I accept your assesment of me? But thanks for the effort I am flattered that you care

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 7:14 pm
Does the Sun have a shadow?
not in all places . . . the light of the Lord probably gets rid of all shadows. . . again definition of opposites to provide understanding of agency. can't be applied to everything

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

I think . . .just saying

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

EvanLM wrote: September 4th, 2022, 9:58 am

hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha if I don't accept your definition of evil why would I accept your assesment of me? But thanks for the effort I am flattered that you care
You don't have to, there will be plenty of third opinions.

Still haven't answered the question yet, but then again coherence and continuity aren't your strong points...

Needless to say you aren't quite as goody goody as you think you are.

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

EvanLM wrote: September 4th, 2022, 9:56 am don't agree with this sound and vibration and nonsense . . sorry
If you agreed we wouldn't be talking about it. These are illustrations that if you consider you might find it isn't nonsense.

As far as sound being a vibration that is interpreted or created by our minds is true.

A speaker vibrates the air and at different modulations or frequencies. There are high points and low points in the sound wave but there are also spaces of no sound or interuptions. Our ear drums pick up these vibrations of sound as it travels through the air, it is the air that provides the medium through which the vibration can emanate and travel to your ear drum. Then your ear drum converts the physical vibrations it has detected in to an electrical signal or pulse that is sent to the parts of your brain responsible for hearing and your mind creates the sound you hear. You hear things I don't or you are attracted to sounds I may not be and so on.

This is a rough yet accurate description.

But I'm using it as a methaphore to point out a reality from this particular point of view. Of course the point is for you to suspend your beliefs for a moment and consider the Universe from this point of view and see if there is any utility in it.

Negative things in our life are what propel us or influence us to act. Either act in a way to cover up the negative thing or use the negative thing to get better.

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Your use of sarcasm comes from the shadows.

Its not necessarily evil its evil if you embrace it and don't address it or use the negative energy for negative things instead of using the dark or shadow to do good.

There are real not abstract mumbo jumbo ways of validating this in your own life. Real practical utility can be had from this principle that has fruits that are good. Its repeatable and testable.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

sarcasm has been used by many prophets, good men and women, and even Jesus.
sarcasm is the opposite of what?

I used to teach elementary school and always question some of the opposite examples that I had to teach to children.

Black and white, when referred to as colors, are not really opposite but the strength of light on a scale . . . funny I should be reminded of this in the light of the subject . . .

I'm not sure boys and girls are opposite. I would agree with up and down, in and out, go and stop, yes no, etc cuz these can have a definite boundary where it becomes true as soon as the barrier is crossed.

But I don't think that weak and strong, here and there, high and low are really opposites cuz they don't have distinct boundaries. but they can used to express the nuance with certain subjects.

I also realized years ago that not everything has an opposite . . but the things that have been told us in the scriptures do as they are symbolic of things that pertain to the rewards for our good works or bad works.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

darknesstolight wrote: September 4th, 2022, 1:32 pm

Its not necessarily evil its evil if you embrace it and don't address it or use the negative energy for negative things instead of using the dark or shadow to do good.

There are real not abstract mumbo jumbo ways of validating this in your own life. Real practical utility can be had from this principle that has fruits that are good. Its repeatable and testable.

use of sarcasm comes from my bad manners which is different that spiritual darkness . . .unless you think good manners represent spiritual works. opposite of sarcasm could be good manners which has nothing to do with spirituality

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

in fact, sometimes, good manners are a type of deceit

sorry heeeehehehehe

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

EvanLM wrote: September 4th, 2022, 2:20 pm

use of sarcasm comes from my bad manners which is different that spiritual darkness . . .unless you think good manners represent spiritual works. opposite of sarcasm could be good manners which has nothing to do with spirituality
Shadow and spiritual darkness are two completely different things.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Original_Intent wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 10:15 am I will give you a heads up that JBP is very cagey about his own religious beliefs, but that he emphasizes over and over the importance of the Bible to civilization.
I have listened to a little of Jordan Peterson's lectures and I'm pretty sure he is a priest of the new one world religion. They use the Bible too, because in the Bible there is a chosen people and it can be used to support a class system and the "unimportance" and "sinful nature" of humans. That's all they need from it.

Things like this
But here is the thing. Without a shadow there is no light.
seem true at first glance and it's one of those "It's true! How did I miss that!" moments which usually leads to "this guy is so smart. Everything he says must be right."
There definitely can be light without shadow. Even shining a laser in a direction where thee are no planets or stars... the photons will never hit anything and therefore not have a shadow. That is, of course, if the universe really is billions of light years wide.

There is good in examining your "shadow" but it's not necessary to have one and it's not a part of who you are. It's who you listen to and which evil spirits you invite and support. I agree that Satan is very tempting and gets us all, but that doesn't mean that we were destined to take part in any particular evil or that evil is part of our nature.

Anyway, the church says not all knowledge is useful. I think all knowledge is useful. However, not all interesting things are knowledge and even if words are true, they may not be true in the way you understand them. So in that sense, some words are dangerous.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Thinker, I'm not sure if this exactly relates to what your thread is about but I've noticed when I feel sad or disappointed, sometimes I internalize it and I know there is sort of a sad/hard-to-approach aura around me and people don't seem to know what to say to me and I have a hard time speaking to others. When these situations happen, I'm not mad or angry. I'm just really disappointed and I know I release some sort of energy that makes me hard to approach.

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

EvanLM wrote: September 4th, 2022, 2:20 pm

If you say so. You have a shadow and we can see if even if you are denying it.

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

harakim wrote: September 5th, 2022, 7:08 am
Original_Intent wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 10:15 am I will give you a heads up that JBP is very cagey about his own religious beliefs, but that he emphasizes over and over the importance of the Bible to civilization.
I have listened to a little of Jordan Peterson's lectures and I'm pretty sure he is a priest of the new one world religion. They use the Bible too, because in the Bible there is a chosen people and it can be used to support a class system and the "unimportance" and "sinful nature" of humans. That's all they need from it.

Things like this
seem true at first glance and it's one of those "It's true! How did I miss that!" moments which usually leads to "this guy is so smart. Everything he says must be right."
There definitely can be light without shadow. Even shining a laser in a direction where thee are no planets or stars... the photons will never hit anything and therefore not have a shadow. That is, of course, if the universe really is billions of light years wide.

There is good in examining your "shadow" but it's not necessary to have one and it's not a part of who you are. It's who you listen to and which evil spirits you invite and support. I agree that Satan is very tempting and gets us all, but that doesn't mean that we were destined to take part in any particular evil or that evil is part of our nature.

Anyway, the church says not all knowledge is useful. I think all knowledge is useful. However, not all interesting things are knowledge and even if words are true, they may not be true in the way you understand them. So in that sense, some words are dangerous.
So ridiculous! Also you don't have light without shadow. It's true.

"Globalist utopians demand that we fall in line with their "cure" for climate change. Dr Jordan B Peterson explains why the goal of achieving net zero emissions by 2050 is absolutely preposterous."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=--QS_UyW2SY

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Jesus taught the same idea when he said love your enemy.

"I do not in the least mean to say that we must never pass judgment when we desire to help and improve. But, if the doctor wishes to help a human being, he must be able to accept him as he is. And he can do this in reality only when he has already seen and accepted himself as he is. Perhaps this sounds very simple, but simple things are always the most difficult. In actual life, it requires the greatest art to be simple. And so, acceptance of oneself is the essence of the moral problem, and the acid test of one’s whole outlook on life. That I feed the beggar – that I forgive an insult – that I love my enemy in the name of Christ – all these are undoubtedly great virtues. What I do unto the least of my brethren that I do unto Christ. But what if I should discover that the least amongst them all – the poorest of all beggars – the most impudent of all offenders – yea the very fiend himself – that these are within me? And that I myself stand in need of the arms of my own kindness. That I myself am the enemy that must be loved. What then?" -Carl Jung

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

harakim wrote: September 5th, 2022, 7:08 am

Things like this

Evil is not part of your nature? Your natural man isn't evil?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

BuriedTartaria wrote: September 5th, 2022, 7:54 am Thinker, I'm not sure if this exactly relates to what your thread is about but I've noticed when I feel sad or disappointed, sometimes I internalize it and I know there is sort of a sad/hard-to-approach aura around me and people don't seem to know what to say to me and I have a hard time speaking to others. When these situations happen, I'm not mad or angry. I'm just really disappointed and I know I release some sort of energy that makes me hard to approach.
Can relate.

I feel it quite a lot around people recently. I know the world was bad before lockdown, but I often pick up a kind of unspoken sadness since then. I have had a good day today, and met upbeat people, but most are not like that anymore.

I was in my main local library today for the first time in three years or so. It was practically dead. More librarians than visitors. Three years ago and I would have been surrounded by at least a dozen people there. I sensed the librarians are well aware of this and secretly fear it. Yet the council has made them put up some BLM garbage up near the entrance and they are still promoting Covid hysteria with some of their signage long after neighbouring shops and cafés ditched it. Talk about slow suicide. Why don't they have big signs or promotions outside instead to try and entice people in, instead of racial propaganda and project fear?

The branch library I usually go to is little better. Their librarians are demoralised and have half given up. I go to a weekly group there, and the librarians' attitude has been affecting the group, since most pre-lockdown members rarely bother to attend. I decided to set up my own group outside the library, because of this and it is thriving. On the face of it, the two groups should be similar, but I'm often getting three times the members coming to my group as the old one. I think in each case the attendees have picked up on the difference in attitude of the hosts subconsciously — the café owner is more of a fighter and wants her business to flourish.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Niemand wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 10:28 am Nietzsche was wrong about many things but right about some others:
Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.
He who fights with monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Sometimes "monster" is translated "dragon" which is not literal from the German but conveys the sense.

Very few people can fight monsters or look into the proverbial Abyss without becoming corrupted themselves unless they have incredible self-awareness, spiritual development and control.

It's like a more modern saying about wrestling with pigs in the mud... you get dirty and the pig may even enjoy it.
Interesting.

The notion of wrestling with pigs may apply in multiple ways. Eg., If someone is rude, but unaware how rude they acted, there’s a tendency to stoop to their level to give them a taste of their rudeness. Yet, is it more important to try to “teach/punish someone” or to maintain one’s own integrity even when tested/mistreated?

Someone suggested the dragon is a good symbol for “scary” challenges, partly because the dragon is known as a mythical creature. Seems much of our challenges are puffed up as our own myths. Not to gaslight oneself or not to suggest feelings are not valid - only that often perspective & interpretations are more subjective than we realize.

harakim wrote: September 5th, 2022, 7:08 am…There is good in examining your "shadow" but it's not necessary to have one and it's not a part of who you are…
Harakim, I’m also curious what you think of these thoughts…
Thinker wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 6:02 pmI hadn’t previously considered how distinct Satan & Lucifer may be - possibly the antithesis of Christ & God.

It is a fascinating, somewhat perplexing notion how God (&/or Christ) can seem contradictory. Maybe it’s something to do with “opposition in all things”/yin-yang. Either way, symbolic scripture is meant to be likened to us, so that’s good to keep in mind.

Here are some notes I gathered…

“…The New Testament authors just rewrote Satan into the Genesis account…

Satan is consistently portrayed as Leviathan-Nahash throughout Scripture….

…prior to this curse, the serpent was NOT crawling on its belly. This means the serpent had arms and legs. What do you call a serpent with arms and legs?? A DRAGON!

…war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, but they were defeated and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. (Revelation 12:1-3,7-9)

…Jesus slays the Dragon that Adam failed to fight.

Adam & the Dragon is the ORIGIN of the Dragon Archetype. This is why knights slaying dragons became a motif in the story-telling of the entire the world and throughout all history…” https://www.thescottsmithblog.com/2018/ ... t.html?m=1

“Dragon
A complex symbol representing the unknown parts of the dreamers personality that is often very destructive. Unconscious feelings of anger, rage and hate are manifested as a dragon, the dreamers main goal is to search and kill it. What is the dragon in your life?” https://www.dreamdictionary.org/d/

“Introduced as "the most clever of all of the beasts of the field that YHWH God had made," the serpent in the Garden of Eden is portrayed as just that: a serpent. Satan does not make an appearance in Genesis 2-3, for the simple reason that when the story was written, the concept of the devil had not yet been invented…

The noun satan, Hebrew for “adversary” or “ACCUSER,” occurs nine times in the Hebrew Bible: five times to describe a human military, political or legal opponent, and four times with reference to a divine being…

In Job, “the satan” is a member of God’s heavenly council—one of the divine beings, whose role in Job’s story is to be an “accuser,” a status acquired by people in ancient Israel and Mesopotamia for the purposes of particular legal proceedings. In Job’s case, what’s on trial is God’s assertion that Job is completely “blameless and upright” vs. the satan’s contention that Job only behaves himself because God has rewarded him. God argues that Job is rewarded because he is good, and not good because he is rewarded. The satan challenges God to a wager that if everything is taken away from poor Job, he won’t be so good anymore, and God accepts…” https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/dai ... ame-satan/

“The serpent/dragon represents the saviour. Satan came as a serpent because he wanted to be the saviour and came as a mere imitation.” (Comment)

“Christ first had to become his Antichrist, his under worldly brother… Christ did not remain in Hell, but rose to the heights in the beyond. ~Carl Jung

“… in the darkest Middle Ages…. they spoke of the devil, today we call it a neurosis.”
Jung

Jung refers to the devil in several ways: as aspects of God, as a force in life, and as a psychological phenomenon. “The left hand of God,”“the left side of God,” the “other side of God,” “God’s own dark side,”Satanaël, God’s first son, the Antichrist, the figure opposed to Christ, and “the counterpart of Christ that represents evil” are some of the terms Jung used for the evil aspect of God. As a force in human life, the devil shows up as “the dark antagonist,” “the principle of evil” and the “ungodly intellect,” while, in psychological contexts Jung felt the devil was “… the diabolical aspect of every psychic function that has broken loose from the hierarchy of the total psyche and now enjoys independence and absolute power…,” “… the grotesque and sinister side of the unconscious…” and, on the collective level, “… the objective psyche that held all the peoples of the Roman Empire under its sway….”

“… By not being aware of having a shadow, you declare a part of your personality to be non-existent. Then it enters the kingdom of the non-existent, which swells up and takes on enormous proportions. When you don’t acknowledge that you have such qualities, you are simply feeding the devils. In medical language, each quality in the psyche represents a certain energic value, and if you declare an energic value to be non-existent, a devil appears instead….”

We need to recognize the shadow and the myriad forms this inner devil can take.
But this does not mean we want to identify with the devil because it is an archetype, and identifying with an archetype is very dangerous: “It causes exaggeration, a puffed-up attitude (inflation), loss of free will, delusion, and enthusiasm in good and evil alike….”. Rather we must “religiously bear in mind”
“the autonomy of this ambivalent figure… for it is the source of that fearful power which drives us toward individuation… We neither can nor should try to force this numinous being, at the risk of our own psychic destruction, into our narrow human mold, for it is greater than man’s consciousness and greater than his will.”

Jung regarded the Lucifer myth as a “therapeutic myth.” As a healing myth it fosters our coming to consciousness, in both positive and negative ways: via dream work, analysis, conscious work to become aware of our “inner city,” and via accidents, broken relationships, patterns of self-destructive behavior, and personal loss and turmoil—all of which are meant to be “wake up” calls for us to grow and change.
The devil within us provides us with initiative, the impetus to do things, to start things, to challenge the gods: Eve ate the apple, in the “fall that made us great.”

…the devil can be an agent provocateur, an intrusive, unwelcome, disturbing force that shakes us up, perhaps destroying long-cherished dreams (which we come to recognize in time really would not have served us), while also opening up new avenues of living.

…discern which conscience is operative at the moment…. “ https://jungiancenter.org/jung-devil-reality-evil/

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

harakim wrote: September 5th, 2022, 7:08 amI have listened to a little of Jordan Peterson's lectures and I'm pretty sure he is a priest of the new one world religion. They use the Bible too, because in the Bible there is a chosen people and it can be used to support a class system and the "unimportance" and "sinful nature" of humans. That's all they need from it.

Things like this

Superficially - and literally, it would be satanic - I mean Satan/the devil is represented by darkness. But where exactly is evil?

In a more symbolic way, it is true in so many ways…
  • ”For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things.” ~ 2 Nephi 2:11
We are not 100% good nor 100% evil - but a mix of opposing forces. Some say we & all matter exist by vibration. A kid defined vibration as “not being able to decide which way to go.” :)

I agree at least partly, of your assessment of JP. He helped write UN goals & he’s said some lies that pushed evil ideologies. This doesn’t negate the good he’s said & done, but it is important not to trust anyone as if they’re god.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

BuriedTartaria wrote: September 5th, 2022, 7:54 am Thinker, I'm not sure if this exactly relates to what your thread is about but I've noticed when I feel sad or disappointed, sometimes I internalize it and I know there is sort of a sad/hard-to-approach aura around me and people don't seem to know what to say to me and I have a hard time speaking to others. When these situations happen, I'm not mad or angry. I'm just really disappointed and I know I release some sort of energy that makes me hard to approach.
I can also relate.
Besides spiritually energy, could it be partly personality (introversion) & temperament (ie sensitivity)? For me I think so. I can be overly empathic & sensitive & when I feel strong uncomfortable emotion, I tend to need time alone to process it all. Sometimes I reach out to others but for those I don’t trust, I probably emit a “do not disturb any further” vibe.

Occasionally I go to a meditation group because I want to learn more techniques & get better. I think it & praying can help a lot - just taking time to be still and “know that I AM THAT I AM” - God.