Why are there so many who claim to be the Davidic Servant?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Being There
captain of 1,000

Re: Why are there so many who claim to be the Davidic Servant?

Post by Being There »

abijah wrote: February 5th, 2023, 11:13 am
Being There wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 8:36 pm
abijah wrote: January 25th, 2023, 1:18 pm
Being There wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 8:39 pm

The Lord HAS been preparing him, but has not revealed him;
but he may not even know who he is yet until the Lord empowers him;
and "when my God became my strength— " Isaiah 49:5
after the "trials he endures have served their purpose to purify, perfect, and sanctify him to a higher spiritual level,
thereby qualifying him for a new commission.
Jacob/Israel’s restoration, to which task he was foreordained (v 1), Jehovah augments with a mission
to serve as a light to the “nations” or “Gentiles”

you may want to take a look at this translation
https://www.isaiahexplained.com/commentary/49

Isaiah 49
Jehovah empowers his servant after he is rejected to restore his people and to implement their new exodus.

1 Hear me, O isles; listen, you distant peoples:Jehovah called me before I was in the belly;before I was in my mother’s womb,he mentioned me by name.

Jehovah having spoken of his servant (cf. Isaiah 41:1-3, 25-27; 42:1-7; 44:26-28; 45:1-6, 13; 46:11-13; 48:14-15), the servant speaks of himself, asserting Jehovah foreordained him before his mother conceived him. Jehovah’s “naming” him and “calling” him to an international mission—to “the isles” and “distant people”—signify ascent to the seraph category. Jehovah had likewise called Jeremiah to an international mission before his birth: “Before I formed you in the belly, I knew you. Before you came out of the womb, I sanctified you. I ordained you a prophet to the nations” (Jeremiah 1:5, 10).

2 He has made my mouth like a sharp sword—in the shadow of his hand he hid me. He has made me into a polished arrow—in his quiver he kept me secret.

Jehovah’s “hiding” and “secreting” his servant suggests that the world knows nothing of his calling until the time Jehovah empowers him.
Even Jehovah’s people don’t know him or are ignorant of him until he fulfills his mission:
“You will summon a nation that you did not know; a nation that did not know you will hasten to you” (Isaiah 55:5).
He himself, therefore, is one of the “new things” Jehovah does suddenly that test the loyalty of his people (Isaiah 42:9; 48:6-8; 51:4-11).
The terms mouth, sword, hand, and arrow designate Jehovah’s servant metaphorically (Isaiah 31:8; 51:16; 62:2-3).

3 He said to me, You are my servant,Israel, in whom I will be glorified.
4 I had thought, I have labored in vain,I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose!
Yet my cause rested with Jehovah,my recompense with my God.

Jehovah’s calling his servant “Israel” parallels Jehovah’s calling his people’s ancestor Jacob by his new name Israel after Jacob had proven loyal to him (Genesis 32:28). The servant’s receiving a new name, in other words—which the name Israel here symbolizes—attests to his ascent to a higher spiritual level after he has proven loyal to Jehovah. It also implies that he—Jehovah’s individual servant—serves as a surrogate of and as an exemplar to Jehovah’s collective servant; that is, to Jehovah’s people in the Jacob/Israel category to whom Jehovah sends him (vv 5-9; Isaiah 41:27; 42:6-7; 48:16).

One way the servant proves loyal is to continue laboring in Jehovah’s cause even in the face of few positive results. By all appearances, he at first spends a great deal of energy “in vain” and “for nothing and to no purpose.” And yet, desiring to serve Jehovah even under the most adversarial conditions (v 7; Isaiah 50:6-9; 52:13-14), he submits to Jehovah’s will:

“My Lord Jehovah has endowed me with a learned tongue, that I may know how to preach to those grown weary a word to wake them up” (Isaiah 50:4).
Before ascending to Isaiah’s seraph level, he descends through trials that consume him.

5 For now Jehovah has said—he who formed me from the womb to be his servant, to restore Jacob to him,Israel having been gathered to him; for I won honor in the eyes of Jehovah when my God became my strength—

6 he said: It is too small thing for you to be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to restore those preserved of Israel.
I will also appoint you to be a light to the nations, that my salvation may be to the end of the earth.

A reversal of circumstances takes place for Jehovah’s servant when the trials he endures have served their purpose to purify, perfect, and sanctify him to a higher spiritual level, thereby qualifying him for a new commission.
Jacob/Israel’s restoration, to which task he was foreordained (v 1), Jehovah augments with a mission to serve as a light to the “nations” or “Gentiles” (goyim) “to the end of the earth.” From there, Jehovah’s people are to return (Isaiah 41:8-9; 43:5-6), so that all who desire it might participate in Jehovah’s salvation and prepare for Jehovah’s coming as salvation (Isaiah 52:7; 62:11).

Jehovah “appoints” his servant when he “wins honor” in Jehovah’s eyes by proving faithful through trials (v 4), at which time his God becomes his “strength.”
The servant’s physical exploits that follow—subduing nations, releasing captives, leading the new exodus, and rebuilding ruins (Isaiah 9:2-5; 11:10-16; 41:2-3, 25; 45:1-3, 13; 48:14; 61:1-4)—should thus be seen in the context of an ascent phase of divine empowerment that follows his descent phase through afflictions as he fulfills his role of proxy savior to the Jacob/Israel category of Jehovah’s people under the terms of the Davidic Covenant.

7 Thus says Jehovah,the Redeemer and Holy One of Israel,to him who is despised as a person,who is abhorred by his nation,a servant to those in authority:Kings shall rise up when they see you, princes shall prostrate themselves,because Jehovah keeps faith with you,because the Holy One of Israel has chosen you.

Although Jehovah’s servant is at first “despised as a person” and “abhorred by his nation” as his own reject him,
Jehovah exalts him in the eyes of those who see him as a threat to their authority.
Jehovah rewards his servant’s faithfulness toward him in the face of opposition with his own acts of faithfulness toward his servant.
Henceforth, as the servant begins the temporal phase of Jacob/Israel’s restoration, he becomes prominent worldwide (Isaiah 11:10-12; 52:15; 55:5). Kings and princes now honor him who was dishonored and assist in the restoration of Jehovah’s people (vv 22-23; Isaiah 60:3-11).
Gileadi is a starting point. No use camping out there.
actually, it's the only place to camp out - which is the best thing to do;
there's lots of truth out there for those who can discern. TBMs are trapped in the mind prison that the only legitimate truth that can be relied upon is from one solitary source (the Church leadership - as opposed to the Spirit), and that nowhere else can one learn or gain anything.

You are in the same mind prison, except you've switched the Brethren for Gileadi.

It's TBM conditioning to make people think there's only ever one Source™ for actual Truth®
Well, I understand you completely, and agree with what you are saying -
as to not relying on someone else, but being led to truth, by the spirit - the testifier of truth.
But sorry, because I'm really not how you think I am;
just because I believe Gileadi is the most correct translation and interpretation and try to learn from him.

I mean come on, here we have Isaiah, who the Lord said his words were great,
and gave a commandment to search his words diligently, and what -
1 percent or something even care about that enough to try to study Isaiah,
much less that can in some way understand it; without any help from others.

So ya, like I said, Gileadi is the only place to camp out - which is the best thing to do;
until you think you know more than he does.
Gileadi's books and website https://www.isaiahexplained.com/commentary/1
are of great help to the small number of people
that even care about searching Isaiah trying to understand it.
Because before Gileadi, just about no one knew or had any idea that
1. Isaiah’s Prophecy Relates to Two Time Frames Simultaneously
https://www.isaiahexplained.com/resourc ... of-isaiah/

I understand what you are saying,
but I really don't want to waste my time debating this.
I think people need someone like Gileadi - that has spent and dedicated his whole life
to the study of the book of Isaiah.
If you think you have a better translation or interpretation,
I certainly haven't seen it.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Being There wrote: February 5th, 2023, 6:43 pm
abijah wrote: January 25th, 2023, 1:18 pm Gileadi is a starting point. No use camping out there.
there's lots of truth out there for those who can discern. TBMs are trapped in the mind prison that the only legitimate truth that can be relied upon is from one solitary source (the Church leadership - as opposed to the Spirit), and that nowhere else can one learn or gain anything.

You are in the same mind prison, except you've switched the Brethren for Gileadi.

It's TBM conditioning to make people think there's only ever one Source™ for actual Truth®
as to not relying on someone else, but being led to truth, by the spirit - the testifier of truth.
just because I believe Gileadi is the most correct translation and interpretation and try to learn from him.

So ya, like I said, Gileadi is the only place to camp out - which is the best thing to do;

I think people need someone like Gileadi - that has spent and dedicated his whole life
Some people are quite proud...

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

simpleton wrote: February 5th, 2023, 6:56 pm
Being There wrote: February 5th, 2023, 6:43 pm

Some people are quite proud...
You thinking of anyone in particular or just a random observation because you felt like sharing?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

"Why are there so many who claim to be the Davidic Servant" and not claim to be Jesus Christ.

Isn't it so perfect! On one hand they "Second Coming" of Jesus. On the other they claim us to be the Davidic Servant (I hope King Messiah.)

It's been a long time to tracking the Davidic Kingdom .. From Father to Son. From Servant to Son.

1 Chronicles 17:11 ¶ And it shall come to pass, when thy [King David] days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his [Davidic Servant] kingdom.

12 He [Davidic Servant] shall build me an house, and I [Jehovah] will stablish his [Davidic Servant] throne for ever.

13 I [Jehovah] will be his father, and he [Davidic Servant] shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him [Davidic Servant], as I took it from him that was before thee [Saul]:

14 But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his [Davidic Servant] throne shall be established for evermore.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Valo wrote: February 6th, 2023, 3:07 pm
simpleton wrote: February 5th, 2023, 6:56 pm Some people are quite proud...
You thinking of anyone in particular or just a random observation because you felt like sharing?

The following bears repeating. :P
b0nd wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45255&p=777947&hilit=Splode#p777947

There’s a link with Seek to be worthy of praise text where OSC says Splode but not wanker. :lol:

God using an earthquake to land Moroni’s Instrument tells so much to those that listen. 8-)
Blue Whale, but not Black Bear. 🐳

CMajor
captain of 100

Post by CMajor »

1 Chron. 17:11-14 Reading it makes appear to me that through the bloodline of David will come this servant. Christ was of the bloodline of David.

I bought an expensive but well researched book (27 years of research) that talked and proved that the last days servants would come through the sacred bloodline. The bloodline of David and Christ. The book title is "Dynasty of the Holy Grail:mormonism's sacred bloodline." 2013 edition by Dr. Vern Swanson.
Dr. Swanson established some new discoveries I'd never heard of before. (I lead a sheltered life..lol) One was about Joseph of Arimathea owning Tin mines in Cornwall and Sommerset. He was a rich Pharisee, but loyal follower of Christ. Dr. Swanson had proof that he brought the two Mary's and families to Scotland/England to hide them from the Romans. There was evidence that the Apostles removed as much evidence as possible from their writings to hide the fact that Jesus was married and had offspring. They were regarded as the grail. From the children came the Royal bloodlines. Royal bloodlines from Jesus Christ. They kept genealogies like the Jews did, perhaps more detailed.

Brigham Young once commented, "we took the best blood of England" talking of converts.

A large part of the book, 2/3 concentrated on showing that Joseph Smith was a descendant of this Royal bloodline, a last days servant. And attempted to prove that Joseph would come back as the main Davidic servant again, though I have a hard time believing that. Why would the Lord use the head of the sixth dispensation, again in the seventh? There plenty of other people prepared from before the foundation of this world.

CMajor
captain of 100

Post by CMajor »

The many times I read D&C 113:8-10, especially 10..."We are to understand that the scattered remnants are exhorted to return to the Lord from whence they have fallen; which if they do, the promise of the Lord is that he will speak to them, or give them revelation. See the 6th, 7th, and the 8th verses. The bands of her neck are the curses of God upon her, or the remnants of Israel in their scattered condition among the Gentiles.

Are these remnants the descendants of Christ, and don't know who they are? Because it goes on to say if they return to the Lord, he will speak to them, or give them revelation.

Could this pertain to the Davidic bloodline servant?

He is not a professional paid Apostle whose corporation has had the fullness of the gospel taken from them for apostasy. IMO

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

CMajor wrote: February 15th, 2023, 4:28 am
He is not a professional paid Apostle whose corporation has had the fullness of the gospel taken from them for apostasy. IMO
Most definitely not.
Hidden yet.

I think He is of a couple of the Tribes. Of Judah, Levi and Joseph. Because of a few statements/predictions. Unless they are of multiple persons.

Testament of Levi:

12 And after their punishment shall have come from the Lord, the priesthood shall fail.

13 Then shall the Lord raise up a new priest.

14 And to him all the words of the Lord shall be revealed; and he shall execute a righteous judgement upon the earth for a multitude of days.

15 And his star shall arise in heaven as of a king.

16 Lighting up the light of knowledge as the sun the day, and he shall be magnified in the world.

17 He shall shine forth as the sun on the earth, and shall remove all darkness from under heaven, and there shall be peace in all the earth.

18 The heavens shall exult in his days, and the earth shall be glad, and the clouds shall rejoice;

19 And the knowledge of the Lord shall be poured forth upon the earth, as the water of the seas;

20 And the angels of the glory of the presence of the Lord shall be glad in him.

21 The heavens shall be opened, and from the temple of glory shall come upon him sanctification, with the Father's voice as from Abraham to Isaac.

22 And the glory of the Most High shall be uttered over him, and the spirit of understanding and sanctification shall rest upon him in the water.

23 For he shall give the majesty of the Lord to His sons in truth for evermore;

24 And there shall none succeed him for all generations for ever.

25 And in his priesthood the Gentiles shall be multiplied in knowledge upon the earth, and enlightened through the grace of the Lord. In his priesthood shall sin come to an end, and the lawless shall cease to do evil.

26 And he shall open the gates of paradise, and shall remove the threatening sword against Adam, and he shall give to the saints to eat from the tree of life, and the spirit of holiness shall be on them.

27 And Beliar shall be bound by him, and he shall give power to His children to tread upon the evil spirits.

28 And the Lord shall rejoice in His children, and be well pleased in His beloved ones for ever.

29 Then shall Abraham and Isaac and Jacob exult, and I will be glad, and all the saints shall clothe themselves with joy.....

Genesis 49:
10The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

Genesis 49:

22Joseph is a fruitful bough, even a fruitful bough by a well; whose branches run over the wall:

23The archers have sorely grieved him, and shot at him, and hated him:

24But his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob; (from thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel:)

25Even by the God of thy father, who shall help thee; and by the Almighty, who shall bless thee with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lieth under, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb:

26The blessings of thy father have prevailed above the blessings of my progenitors unto the utmost bound of the everlasting hills: they shall be on the head of Joseph, and on the crown of the head of him that was separate from his brethren.
(Ephraim and Manasseh).

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

simpleton wrote: February 15th, 2023, 7:17 am

Most definitely not.
Hidden yet.

I think He is of a couple of the Tribes. Of Judah, Levi and Joseph. Because of a few statements/predictions. Unless they are of multiple persons.
One person. The Father is Ephraim. The Mother is mostly Judah and some Levi.
Testament of Levi:

12 And after their punishment shall have come from the Lord, the priesthood shall fail.

13 Then shall the Lord raise up a new priest.
:-|
14 And to him all the words of the Lord shall be revealed; and he shall execute a righteous judgement upon the earth for a multitude of days.

15 And his star shall arise in heaven as of a king.

16 Lighting up the light of knowledge as the sun the day, and he shall be magnified in the world.

17 He shall shine forth as the sun on the earth, and shall remove all darkness from under heaven, and there shall be peace in all the earth.

18 The heavens shall exult in his days, and the earth shall be glad, and the clouds shall rejoice;

19 And the knowledge of the Lord shall be poured forth upon the earth, as the water of the seas;

20 And the angels of the glory of the presence of the Lord shall be glad in him.

21 The heavens shall be opened, and from the temple of glory shall come upon him sanctification, with the Father's voice as from Abraham to Isaac.

22 And the glory of the Most High shall be uttered over him, and the spirit of understanding and sanctification shall rest upon him in the water.

23 For he shall give the majesty of the Lord to His sons in truth for evermore;

24 And there shall none succeed him for all generations for ever.

25 And in his priesthood the Gentiles shall be multiplied in knowledge upon the earth, and enlightened through the grace of the Lord. In his priesthood shall sin come to an end, and the lawless shall cease to do evil.

26 And he shall open the gates of paradise, and shall remove the threatening sword against Adam, and he shall give to the saints to eat from the tree of life, and the spirit of holiness shall be on them.

27 And Beliar shall be bound by him, and he shall give power to His children to tread upon the evil spirits.

28 And the Lord shall rejoice in His children, and be well pleased in His beloved ones for ever.

29 Then shall Abraham and Isaac and Jacob exult, and I will be glad, and all the saints shall clothe themselves with joy.....

Genesis 49:
10The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

Genesis 49:

22Joseph is a fruitful bough, even a fruitful bough by a well; whose branches run over the wall:

23The archers have sorely grieved him, and shot at him, and hated him:

24But his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob; (from thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel:)

25Even by the God of thy father, who shall help thee; and by the Almighty, who shall bless thee with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lieth under, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb:

26The blessings of thy father have prevailed above the blessings of my progenitors unto the utmost bound of the everlasting hills: they shall be on the head of Joseph, and on the crown of the head of him that was separate from his brethren.
(Ephraim and Manasseh).
The LORD God

YWHW

Behold a Nail
Behold a Hand