Why are there so many who claim to be the Davidic Servant?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
DRC53
captain of 100

Why are there so many who claim to be the Davidic Servant?

Post by DRC53 »

Over the course of the past few years, I have seen half a dozen or more claim to be the Davidic Servant. If you look up the “one mighty and strong” online, you’ll see dozens who have each made similar claims.

They can’t all be right and, likely, none are right. If you read the book of Isaiah, coupled with commentary from Gileadi and Alaris, the magnitude of this Davidic Servant is just beyond anything imaginable. To make a claim, or even throw the idea out there, disqualifies that person. Please remember that the Lord has been preparing this man for eons upon eons for this mission. I don’t believe that there’s a plan B backup or understudy if the original man failed.

It is my belief, based on 1 Nephi 20:15 (“15 Also, saith the Lord; I the Lord, yea, I have spoken; yea, I have called him to declare, I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous.”) and other such scriptures, that it will be the Lord Himself who will identify the Davidic Servant, not the Davidic Servant himself).

For any who have felt like you are the Davidic Servant for a host of varying reasons, my heart goes out to you. There have been a few times in which I felt like this or that calling in my local ward was coming my way. I was wrong! But, I learned more from those experiences than if I had been correct.

So, back to my original question, why do so many believe and even claim to be the Davidic Servant? I’m interested in what you think... .
Last edited by DRC53 on August 26th, 2019, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justme
captain of 1,000

Re: Why are there so many who claim to be the Davidic Servant?

Post by justme »

DRC53 wrote: August 26th, 2019, 3:59 pm Over the course of the past few years, I have seen half a dozen or more claim to be the Davidic Servant. If you look up the “one mighty and strong” online, you’ll see dozens who have each made similar claims.

They can’t all be right and, likely, none are right. If you read the book of Isaiah, coupled with commentary from Gileadi and Alaris, the magnitude of this Davidic Servant is just beyond anything imaginable. To make a claim, or even throw the idea out there, disqualifies that person. Please remember that the Lord has been preparing this man for eons upon eons for this mission. I don’t believe that there’s a plan B backup or understudy if the original man failed.

It is my belief, based on 1 Nephi 20:15 (“15 Also, saith the Lord; I the Lord, yea, I have spoken; yea, I have called him to declare, I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous.”) and other such scriptures, that it will be the Lord Himself who will identify the Davidic Servant, not the Davidic Servant himself).

For any who have felt like you are the Davidic Servant for a host of varying reasons, my heart goes out to you. There have been a few times in which I felt like this or that calling was coming my way. I was wrong! But, I learned more from those experiences than if I had been correct.

So, back to my original question, why do so many believe and even claim to be the Davidic Servant? I’m interested in what you think... .
I think it is a mormon based variation on the psychological phenomenon of a messiah complex.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

It seems like what makes literature so great is how well it provides psychological archetypes that anyone can relate too, we are all Adam and Eve, for example.

gangbusters
captain of 100

Post by gangbusters »

I wish I knew, but all these impostors sure make it hard for people to take me seriously.

DRC53
captain of 100

Post by DRC53 »

gangbusters wrote: August 26th, 2019, 4:48 pm I wish I knew, but all these impostors sure make it hard for people to take me seriously.
I will add you to my list ... lol!

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

I've already shared this with you, but I will share it publicly here: The devil can only oppose. And, though one could argue he's opposing something that does not exist - clearly there is an end times servant as he's all over the scriptures. The fact the devil has been able to dupe so many into thinking they're the real deal not only reveals there is a real deal, but the real deal is a really big deal.

Lazy folks can use all these claimants as an excuse to not even take a closer look - but again, why would the devil oppose nothing? He wants to drown the voice of Jehovah. Of course, he will ultimately fail but short term victories may help explain why and how the servant is potentially rejected by his own people.

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

Well by in large, so was the Christ rejected by his own people. I can't imagine the pain of seeing some of those who walked with you and followed you, in the crowd screaming crucify him.

DRC53
captain of 100

Post by DRC53 »

Alaris wrote: August 26th, 2019, 5:32 pm I've already shared this with you, but I will share it publicly here: The devil can only oppose. And, though one could argue he's opposing something that does not exist - clearly there is an end times servant as he's all over the scriptures. The fact the devil has been able to dupe so many into thinking they're the real deal not only reveals there is a real deal, but the real deal is a really big deal.

Lazy folks can use all these claimants as an excuse to not even take a closer look - but again, why would the devil oppose nothing? He wants to drown the voice of Jehovah. Of course, he will ultimately fail but short term victories may help explain why and how the servant is potentially rejected by his own people.
Alaris,

Thank you for sharing this! I was thinking about our email communication about this question while composing the OP.

User989
captain of 100

Post by User989 »

DRC53 wrote: August 26th, 2019, 3:59 pm Over the course of the past few years, I have seen half a dozen or more claim to be the Davidic Servant. If you look up the “one mighty and strong” online, you’ll see dozens who have each made similar claims.

For any who have felt like you are the Davidic Servant for a host of varying reasons, my heart goes out to you. There have been a few times in which I felt like this or that calling in my local ward was coming my way. I was wrong! But, I learned more from those experiences than if I had been correct.

If you ask me the answer is, who wouldnt want to be this man? Why would that NOT be one of your desires. And id like to point out nothing in scripture says how he would show himself as far as i know. Those who wish they could be a man like this chase the dream on the internet. I would never admit this at church, that it was a desire of my heart. I do not think it is a competition, i think this man is chosen and he is the only one who can be him, but if you have had a genuine spiritual experience that led you to believe you were great, its impossible for you not to wonder if you could be him.

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

LOL I just went on a rant about the same question. The applicants are endless in their assureances and weirdness

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

gangbusters wrote: August 26th, 2019, 4:48 pm I wish I knew, but all these impostors sure make it hard for people to take me seriously.
😂 The only reason I don't go for it is because I don't qualify.

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

User989 wrote: August 26th, 2019, 8:38 pm

If you ask me the answer is, who wouldnt want to be this man? Why would that NOT be one of your desires. And id like to point out nothing in scripture says how he would show himself as far as i know. Those who wish they could be a man like this chase the dream on the internet. I would never admit this at church, that it was a desire of my heart. I do not think it is a competition, i think this man is chosen and he is the only one who can be him, but if you have had a genuine spiritual experience that led you to believe you were great, its impossible for you not to wonder if you could be him.
If your spiritual experiences make you feel you have a great calling you probably do. You will have to wait on the Lord to tell you what it is and ratify it.

User989
captain of 100

Post by User989 »

solonan wrote: August 26th, 2019, 8:59 pm

If your spiritual experiences make you feel you have a great calling you probably do. You will have to wait on the Lord to tell you what it is and ratify it.
Yes thank you I hope i have a nice calling of some sort. While dreaming of potential callings why shoot for the moon when you can shoot for the stars? I will continue to wait on the Lord. I actually still have to get my patriarchal blessing so that will be of help i am sure. Id also like to point out I have said "It is a desire of my heart" to be this man. I am not saying I AM this man. Though again I really wish I were. But wishing does not make something so.

User989
captain of 100

Post by User989 »

solonan wrote: August 26th, 2019, 8:52 pm

LOL I just went on a rant about the same question. The applicants are endless in their assureances and weirdness
forgive the sarcasm but i cant help it. Im glad to hear you find those who wish they were the servant weird. They should be shunned and viewed as repulsive fools right? It seems likely to me that the man will fall into the category of "weird" whenever he does actually show up. and im sure it will only add to the misery that goes along with his being marred.

DRC53
captain of 100

Post by DRC53 »

I guess that I am not understanding what you mean when you say that you want to be this man. When I consider who this man was before his birth - sat with Eloheim and Jehovah in the godhead; led the Israelites out of Egypt and through the wilderness; his mission with Abraham; raised Christ from the dead in the resurrection; was likely the angel who came to Christ to comfort Him during the atonement in the garden; appeared to Alma the younger and the sons of Mosiah and his voice caused the earth to shake; the destroying angel of Egypt and other places; the man who seals the saving ordinances upon folks so that Christ’s atonement and the promises of the covenants from these ordinances can be effective in people’s lives; he will be a Messiah in the latter days, was the primary reason this world was created, etc. etc. etc.

This is not a picnic in the park. The man who is the Davidic Servant carries a burden beyond anything any of us can fathom except for Christ. I am not sure that it is a role to which to aspire.

Now, if you’re just saying that you want to be as faithful and worthy as the Davidic Servant, then I am right there with you :). Oh that I could be so obedient, faithful, and useful in the Lord’s service as this end time servant!
Last edited by DRC53 on August 26th, 2019, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User989
captain of 100

Post by User989 »

DRC53 wrote: August 26th, 2019, 9:11 pm

I guess that I am not understanding what you mean when you say that you want to be this man. When I consider who this man was before his birth - sat with Eloheim and Jehovah in the godhead; led the Israelites out of Egypt and through the wilderness; his mission with Abraham; raised Christ from the dead in the resurrection; was likely the angel who came to Christ to comfort Him during the atonement in the garden; appeared to Alma the younger and the sons of Mosiah and his voice caused the earth to shake; the destroying angel of Egypt and other places; the man who seals the saving ordinances upon folks so that Christ’s atonement and the promises of the covenants from these ordinances can be effective in people’s lives; he will be a Messiah in the latter days, was the primary reason this world was created, etc. etc. etc. This is not a picnic in the park. The man who is the Davidic Servant carries a burden beyond anything any of us can fathom except for Christ.

For me, I am just hoping and praying to be on the Lord’s team ... even if as the “janitor” and not a noteworthy position as Alaris referenced on another thread. I know who I am. I am a broken man, battered and torn by the sins I have and continue to commit. I cannot imagine aspiring to be this man. I cannot imagine knowing my faults and weaknesses I have ever becoming the man who is the Davidic Servant. I don’t know that it’s something to “want” to be.

Now, if you’re just saying that you want to be as faithful and worthy as the Davidic Servant, then I am right there with you :). Oh that I could be so obedient, faithful, and useful in the Lord’s service as this end time servant!
I mean i want to do as great a work as the work this man will do. I WANT THAT. I want to reap the rewards this man will reap. I want to do everything he does. I mean my first choice would be to be Jesus but that is impossible. at least this could be so. Does that make sense?

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

User989 wrote: August 26th, 2019, 9:07 pm
solonan wrote: August 26th, 2019, 8:52 pm

forgive the sarcasm but i cant help it. Im glad to hear you find those who wish they were the servant weird. They should be shunned and viewed as repulsive fools right? It seems likely to me that the man will fall into the category of "weird" whenever he does actually show up. and im sure it will only add to the misery that goes along with his being marred.
I am so sorry if I have offended. I don't think anyone should be shunned or viewed as repulsive, least of all you. I think it is weird that anyone should jump up and say here am I, I am he. Let God do that. I would be extremely excited to be with the gatherers. The DS has more headaches ahead of him than I think I would be able to handle.

DRC53
captain of 100

Post by DRC53 »

User989,

If nothing else, I suspect the Lord appreciates your desire to serve him to the fullest extent possible. I have that in common with you. I want to serve wherever I can best bring honor and glory to Christ. :)

jmack
captain of 1,000

Post by jmack »

I guess that I am not understanding what you mean when you say that you want to be this man. When I consider who this man was before his birth - sat with Eloheim and Jehovah in the godhead; led the Israelites out of Egypt and through the wilderness; his mission with Abraham; raised Christ from the dead in the resurrection; was likely the angel who came to Christ to comfort Him during the atonement in the garden; appeared to Alma the younger and the sons of Mosiah and his voice caused the earth to shake; the destroying angel of Egypt and other places; the man who seals the saving ordinances upon folks so that Christ’s atonement and the promises of the covenants from these ordinances can be effective in people’s lives; he will be a Messiah in the latter days, was the primary reason this world was created, etc. etc. etc.

This is not a picnic in the park. The man who is the Davidic Servant carries a burden beyond anything any of us can fathom except for Christ. I am not sure that it is a role to which to aspire.

Does everyone who believes in the Davidic Servant think he did all those things? Is any of this in the scriptures or did someone else tell you he did all these things? The most weird is believing someone resurrected Jesus Christ ? Who said that? Is this guy greater than Christ because it sounds like it from all this and why doesn't the church or any other Christian religion believe this? If you ask me this sounds like stuff the devil uses to get people to follow him. I'd stay away from this, gives me a bad feeling.

User989
captain of 100

Post by User989 »

DRC53 wrote: August 26th, 2019, 9:48 pm User989,

If nothing else, I suspect the Lord appreciates your desire to serve him to the fullest extent possible. I have that in common with you. I want to serve wherever I can best bring honor and glory to Christ. :)
i suppose he does as well. thank you for the response. I just wanna be the best! i suppose that is more a selfish motive than anything though. Reminds of the scene in Top Gun

- What are you doing?

- Just wondering who's the best.

In case some of you wonder

who the best is, they're on this plaque.

The best driver and his RIO

from each class has his name on it.

They have the option to come back here

and be Top Gun instructors.

- You think you will be on the plaque?

- Yes, sir.

That's pretty arrogant,

considering the company you're in

- Yes, sir.

- I like that in a pilot.

Remember, when it's over out there,

we're all on the same team.

This school is about combat.

There are no points for second place.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

I knew about this Servant in the 70's. So, after 40 years, the only thing I have noticed is two things. One, nothing has been revealed over these many decades and years, that is new or in addition to what had been known. And the Second thing, when you see an upsurge in the general knowledge known by many about this Servant or other servants coming forth as many counterfeits have recently, whether inspired by the adversary or men, this is what happens when G_d is about the do a work among men. Then the Messiah came forth, there were many Messiah's in the land.

What can we learn from this? Until the Messiah reveals who His servant is... you can look for fruits being manifested which might show forth before this revealed Servant comes forth, but that there will be many such Servants in the Land. Does this really matter? If your not prepared to be called and come forth with this Servant's when he is called forth, then knowing whom this Servant is really does not matter. The fact is, it is much more important to focus upon yourself, by praying and pondering and learning the greater spiritual understandings and knowledge of the higher Gospel principles. Living all of the commandments and perfecting one's self is the only thing one has power over. Preparing for the coming forth of the kingdom is what we all need to be about! For this servant will not save you... you must save yourselves.

Shalom

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

Post by Michael Sherwin »

DRC53 wrote: August 26th, 2019, 9:11 pm was the primary reason this world was created
Wo wo wo wait a minute! I have not seen that one before, well except in my patriarchal blessing.

"You are blessed to know now that you lived before you were born, that you and Jesus are brothers and great friends, that you and your Father In Heaven lived together for a long time, that you love each other, that he made this world for you, and that it is His work and His glory to bring to pass your immortality and your eternal life."

Where in scripture is this one? Are you saying this is not generic to everyone? I never quoted this before because I thought it was generic that he made this world for me. Can I add this to my list of data points? :shock:

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

Post by Michael Sherwin »

Michael Sherwin wrote: August 27th, 2019, 7:28 am
DRC53 wrote: August 26th, 2019, 9:11 pm was the primary reason this world was created
Wo wo wo wait a minute! I have not seen that one before, well except in my patriarchal blessing.

"You are blessed to know now that you lived before you were born, that you and Jesus are brothers and great friends, that you and your Father In Heaven lived together for a long time, that you love each other, that he made this world for you, and that it is His work and His glory to bring to pass your immortality and your eternal life."

Where in scripture is this one? Are you saying this is not generic to everyone? I never quoted this before because I thought it was generic that he made this world for me. Can I add this to my list of data points? :shock:
And here is another that I have not quoted before because I'm not sure how it fits in.

"You are fortunate now to know who the devil is, where he came from, how miserable he is, and why he seeks misery for others."

I do know who the devil is but I am forbidden by the Spirit to reveal it. My life is just so strange and it gets stranger every day it seems. And I am so weary of it all!

Davka
captain of 1,000

Post by Davka »

jmack wrote: August 26th, 2019, 10:13 pm

Does everyone who believes in the Davidic Servant think he did all those things? Is any of this in the scriptures or did someone else tell you he did all these things? The most weird is believing someone resurrected Jesus Christ ? Who said that? Is this guy greater than Christ because it sounds like it from all this and why doesn't the church or any other Christian religion believe this? If you ask me this sounds like stuff the devil uses to get people to follow him. I'd stay away from this, gives me a bad feeling.
Did John the Baptist have to be greater than Jesus to baptize him?

Resurrection is an ordinance. No person can perform ordinances for themselves, not even Jesus.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Maybe the Davidic servant was one of those Alma the Younger types. Just really lost not just on Earth but seriously lost in the universe. When God created a plan to help the lost people maybe Jesus touched his heart. Maybe if he knew who he was he wouldn't tell people because while it means he is a great soul, it also means he was not so great a soul but became great because of Jesus' redeeming him. Maybe he was the universe underdog and people generally didn't like him. Maybe he was given great opportunity to serve Jesus to pay off his great debts. And maybe he is a spiritual trillionare but was also owing just about everybody spiritual money before Jesus came and made him rich.

No one is all hero except Jesus and I imagine in everyone's story there is some irony.