Why are there so many who claim to be the Davidic Servant?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
thestock
captain of 1,000

Re: Why are there so many who claim to be the Davidic Servant?

Post by thestock »

We are raised in an echo chamber where we are constantly told we are "special", the "chosen generation" that is the "most valiant" and "preserved for the last days" etc. We are given patriarchal blessings that promise dreams, visions, healings, miracles, and all sorts of stuff. Is it any wonder that people in our church often turn out to be a little crazy or have delusions of grandeur?

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

I am surely not the Davidic Servant, just the Prophet of Doom and Minster of Truth. If you're going to have a title, why not be original and make up your own, that's what I did...

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

friendsofthe wrote: August 27th, 2019, 9:29 am I am surely not the Davidic Servant, just the Prophet of Doom and Minster of Truth. If you're going to have a title, why not be original and make up your own, that's what I did...
Sounds like a Marvel villain - sounds like two Marvel villains actually :)

dewajack
captain of 100

Post by dewajack »

There's an additional angle not usually discussed with this and it's man's desire to be a heroe, to save others. Think of pop culture and the t.v. shows and movies where flawed people become superheroes and save the day.

There is the heroes journey as Joseph Campbell and Hugh Nibley write about. An individual crowned and foreordained to do great things, who descends to a fallen world where he forgets his identity and struggles to find his place and way. Usually with divine help, he awakes and arises to discover his true identity and his mission, where he then encounters great adversity. This theme is repeated again and again in scripture and other ancient/modern lit. Christ Himself talks about this in parables and elsewhere.

I think to some degree this is the story for us all. We all have a particular calling(s) to fulfill that are unique. It resonates within us due to our eternal nature and desire to strive to be Christlike.

Of course there are delusions of grandeur and we have to be careful because Satan always appeals to our vanity and pride and wants us to think ourselves better than others. A true servant always stays within his bounds of calling.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

dewajack wrote: August 27th, 2019, 9:48 am There's an additional angle not usually discussed with this and it's man's desire to be a heroe, to save others. Think of pop culture and the t.v. shows and movies where flawed people become superheroes and save the day.

There is the heroes journey as Joseph Campbell and Hugh Nibley write about. An individual crowned and foreordained to do great things, who descends to a fallen world where he forgets his identity and struggles to find his place and way. Usually with divine help, he awakes and arises to discover his true identity and his mission, where he then encounters great adversity. This theme is repeated again and again in scripture and other ancient/modern lit. Christ Himself talks about this in parables and elsewhere.

I think to some degree this is the story for us all. We all have a particular calling(s) to fulfill that are unique. It resonates within us due to our eternal nature and desire to strive to be Christlike.

Of course there are delusions of grandeur and we have to be careful because Satan always appeals to our vanity and pride and wants us to think ourselves better than others. A true servant always stays within his bounds of calling.
And a villain aspires to go beyond his purview. Wow two villain posts in a row, I'm on a roll!

lemuel
Operating Thetan

Post by lemuel »

I've never been able to wrap my head around the whole "Davidic Servant" thing? Can someone give me a tl;dr on what this dude is supposed to accomplish, and what the signs that might precede him are?

I imagine whoever it is won't go around proclaiming his status until he has accomplished his work?

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

Post by Michael Sherwin »

Juliet wrote: August 27th, 2019, 8:58 am Maybe the Davidic servant was one of those Alma the Younger types. Just really lost not just on Earth but seriously lost in the universe. When God created a plan to help the lost people maybe Jesus touched his heart. Maybe if he knew who he was he wouldn't tell people because while it means he is a great soul, it also means he was not so great a soul but became great because of Jesus' redeeming him. Maybe he was the universe underdog and people generally didn't like him. Maybe he was given great opportunity to serve Jesus to pay off his great debts. And maybe he is a spiritual trillionare but was also owing just about everybody spiritual money before Jesus came and made him rich.

No one is all hero except Jesus and I imagine in everyone's story there is some irony.
Juliet, I can read you all day! Who are you that you have such power of logic?

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Michael Sherwin wrote: August 27th, 2019, 2:42 pm
Juliet wrote: August 27th, 2019, 8:58 am Maybe the Davidic servant was one of those Alma the Younger types. Just really lost not just on Earth but seriously lost in the universe. When God created a plan to help the lost people maybe Jesus touched his heart. Maybe if he knew who he was he wouldn't tell people because while it means he is a great soul, it also means he was not so great a soul but became great because of Jesus' redeeming him. Maybe he was the universe underdog and people generally didn't like him. Maybe he was given great opportunity to serve Jesus to pay off his great debts. And maybe he is a spiritual trillionare but was also owing just about everybody spiritual money before Jesus came and made him rich.

No one is all hero except Jesus and I imagine in everyone's story there is some irony.
Juliet, I can read you all day! Who are you that you have such power of logic?
Thank you. You have to go backwards in order to go forwards!

mahalanobis
captain of 1,000

Post by mahalanobis »

If I were there a super special end-times servant and had heavenly visitations paired with undeniable manifestations of the Holy Ghost and new revelations etc, the last thing I would do is go to some anonymous online forum and try to get validation from faceless strangers. I would want face-to-face interaction where folks could gaze into my countenance and feel/experience the message I had.

I'm on board with the end times servant concept, but this these folks just have so many red flags to me.

I think the reason we see them congregate here is that this site is very relaxed in its rules due to the libertarian-minded ideology of its founder (which is fine). So these folks get banned elsewhere then wind up here.

I'm against social credit schemes (such as letting them stay on the site, but flagging their avatar with a red exclamation mark after enough people have registered complaints), but we all know that happens subconsciously anyways. After a while you know whose posts to ignore.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

DRC53 wrote: August 26th, 2019, 3:59 pm ... the Lord Himself who will identify the Davidic Servant, ...
Doth not a patriarch speak the word of the Lord?

Know , but not yes. :mrgreen:

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

I wonder what will propel him forward? . I would imagine that like the Christ he's discovering himself, who he is, what he is etc. I would imagine he would seek greater light and knowledge about who this Davidic Servant (himself) is and his mission. I would think he would not announce it because he is suppose to be hidden, therefore would feel it is God who should unmask him. I wonder if those who seek him will discover him on their own or will God lead them to him. Is he 80 or is he 40ish or even still in his teens. So many wonderments. Whoever he is, I would think that those who are supposed to be his servants or aids are awakening themselves to themselves and are being made aware of him.

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

Mahalanobis Distance wrote: August 30th, 2019, 5:32 pm If I were there a super special end-times servant and had heavenly visitations paired with undeniable manifestations of the Holy Ghost and new revelations etc, the last thing I would do is go to some anonymous online forum and try to get validation from faceless strangers. I would want face-to-face interaction where folks could gaze into my countenance and feel/experience the message I had.

I'm on board with the end times servant concept, but this these folks just have so many red flags to me.

I think the reason we see them congregate here is that this site is very relaxed in its rules due to the libertarian-minded ideology of its founder (which is fine). So these folks get banned elsewhere then wind up here.

I'm against social credit schemes (such as letting them stay on the site, but flagging their avatar with a red exclamation mark after enough people have registered complaints), but we all know that happens subconsciously anyways. After a while you know whose posts to ignore.
Thanks, what a wonderful idea!
Attachments
Untitled.gif
Untitled.gif (6.03 KiB) Viewed 11523 times

mahalanobis
captain of 1,000

Post by mahalanobis »

Michael Sherwin wrote: August 30th, 2019, 8:20 pm
Mahalanobis Distance wrote: August 30th, 2019, 5:32 pm If I were there a super special end-times servant and had heavenly visitations paired with undeniable manifestations of the Holy Ghost and new revelations etc, the last thing I would do is go to some anonymous online forum and try to get validation from faceless strangers. I would want face-to-face interaction where folks could gaze into my countenance and feel/experience the message I had.

Ooo, that looks nice. I've changed my mind. Let's implement it. Haha 8-)

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

Mahalanobis Distance wrote: August 30th, 2019, 8:45 pm
Michael Sherwin wrote: August 30th, 2019, 8:20 pm

Ooo, that looks nice. I've changed my mind. Let's implement it. Haha 8-)
You're welcome to use it :)

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

DRC53 wrote: August 26th, 2019, 3:59 pm Over the course of the past few years, I have seen half a dozen or more claim to be the Davidic Servant. If you look up the “one mighty and strong” online, you’ll see dozens who have each made similar claims.

They can’t all be right and, likely, none are right. If you read the book of Isaiah, coupled with commentary from Gileadi and Alaris, the magnitude of this Davidic Servant is just beyond anything imaginable. To make a claim, or even throw the idea out there, disqualifies that person. Please remember that the Lord has been preparing this man for eons upon eons for this mission. I don’t believe that there’s a plan B backup or understudy if the original man failed.

It is my belief, based on 1 Nephi 20:15 (“15 Also, saith the Lord; I the Lord, yea, I have spoken; yea, I have called him to declare, I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous.”) and other such scriptures, that it will be the Lord Himself who will identify the Davidic Servant, not the Davidic Servant himself).

For any who have felt like you are the Davidic Servant for a host of varying reasons, my heart goes out to you. There have been a few times in which I felt like this or that calling in my local ward was coming my way. I was wrong! But, I learned more from those experiences than if I had been correct.

So, back to my original question, why do so many believe and even claim to be the Davidic Servant? I’m interested in what you think... .
The same reason I've found three clairvoyant/pscyhic women who claim to be reincarnations of Cleopatra of Egypt...

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by righteousrepublic »

Kingdom of ZION wrote: August 27th, 2019, 5:52 am I knew about this Servant in the 70's. So, after 40 years, the only thing I have noticed is two things. One, nothing has been revealed over these many decades and years, that is new or in addition to what had been known. And the Second thing, when you see an upsurge in the general knowledge known by many about this Servant or other servants coming forth as many counterfeits have recently, whether inspired by the adversary or men, this is what happens when G_d is about the do a work among men. Then the Messiah came forth, there were many Messiah's in the land.

What can we learn from this? Until the Messiah reveals who His servant is... you can look for fruits being manifested which might show forth before this revealed Servant comes forth, but that there will be many such Servants in the Land. Does this really matter? If your not prepared to be called and come forth with this Servant's when he is called forth, then knowing whom this Servant is really does not matter. The fact is, it is much more important to focus upon yourself, by praying and pondering and learning the greater spiritual understandings and knowledge of the higher Gospel principles. Living all of the commandments and perfecting one's self is the only thing one has power over. Preparing for the coming forth of the kingdom is what we all need to be about! For this servant will not save you... you must save yourselves.

Shalom
No one can save themselves. And even if one could he'd have to be 100% sinless from birth until death. He would have to be able to forgive his own sins and remit them. No one has the power to perfect themselves. It is only through the blood of Jesus Christ that there can be any hope of being saved and perfected.

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

The devil made them do it?

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Post by XEmilyX »

Everyone wants to have their 15 minutes of fame, but some do have a messiah complex.
Everyone wants to be important.
Like for me an angel of light came to me and told me that I was going to change the world. Was totally excited that he said that, and then totally bumbed after i found out I was deceived. lol
there seems to be a frenzy right now of trying to be important and successful in some way. People are struggling to feel important just being themselves. And when people say they're the servant, I honestly think they just have a cool role they haven't grown into yet, but it's a cool mission nonetheless. Once you're in your own mission, you're pretty content with it and not with someone elses, usually. (usually) So anyways, I mean it would be cool if I were David, but I'm a girl so, can't happen. LOL
I have always dreamed of changing the world, I have always dreamed of having impact with many people, and you know, I'm about to have some big impact with the book I'm writing that will be a best seller. But the problem is Satan knew this and appealed to my belief and came as an angel to tell me about it, and tried to get me to listen to these beings, talk about sneaky.
SO wanting to be important isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like the servant will be someone that will not talk about this stuff with people.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

righteousrepublic wrote: August 31st, 2019, 9:42 am
Kingdom of ZION wrote: August 27th, 2019, 5:52 am I knew about this Servant in the 70's. So, after 40 years, the only thing I have noticed is two things. One, nothing has been revealed over these many decades and years, that is new or in addition to what had been known. And the Second thing, when you see an upsurge in the general knowledge known by many about this Servant or other servants coming forth as many counterfeits have recently, whether inspired by the adversary or men, this is what happens when G_d is about the do a work among men. Then the Messiah came forth, there were many Messiah's in the land.

What can we learn from this? Until the Messiah reveals who His servant is... you can look for fruits being manifested which might show forth before this revealed Servant comes forth, but that there will be many such Servants in the Land. Does this really matter? If your not prepared to be called and come forth with this Servant's when he is called forth, then knowing whom this Servant is really does not matter. The fact is, it is much more important to focus upon yourself, by praying and pondering and learning the greater spiritual understandings and knowledge of the higher Gospel principles. Living all of the commandments and perfecting one's self is the only thing one has power over. Preparing for the coming forth of the kingdom is what we all need to be about! For this servant will not save you... you must save yourselves.

Shalom
No one can save themselves. And even if one could he'd have to be 100% sinless from birth until death. He would have to be able to forgive his own sins and remit them. No one has the power to perfect themselves. It is only through the blood of Jesus Christ that there can be any hope of being saved and perfected.
You misunderstand.

There is two sides Atonment. We have to act to find Grace. Jesus can't act unless you act.
We can't be saved in our sins, hence, us working out our own salvation. In acting...the labourer becomes worthy of his hire.

If we don't come unto Christ, He can't save, therefore, in a sense , it's on us.

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

NIGHTLIGHT wrote: August 31st, 2019, 1:38 pm

Shalom
You misunderstand. Then you agree with what I said?

There is two sides Atonment. We have to act to find Grace. Jesus can't act unless you act.
We can't be saved in our sins, hence, us working out our own salvation. In acting...the labourer becomes worthy of his hire.

If we don't come unto Christ, He can't save, therefore, in a sense , it's on us.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

righteousrepublic wrote: August 31st, 2019, 2:08 pm
NIGHTLIGHT wrote: August 31st, 2019, 1:38 pm

Shalom
You misunderstand. Then you agree with what I said?

Obviously.

Do you not understand what I'm saying though?

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

XEmilyX wrote: August 31st, 2019, 12:22 pm Everyone wants to have their 15 minutes of fame, but some do have a messiah complex.
Like for me an angel of light came to me and told me that I was going to change the world. Was totally excited that he said that, and then totally bumbed after i found out I was deceived. lol
there seems to be a frenzy right now of trying to be important and successful in some way. People are struggling to feel important just being themselves. And when people say they're the servant, I honestly think they just have a cool role they haven't grown into yet, but it's a cool mission nonetheless. Once you're in your own mission, you're pretty content with it and not with someone elses, usually. (usually) So anyways, I mean it would be cool if I were David, but I'm a girl so, can't happen. LOL
I have always dreamed of changing the world, I have always dreamed of having impact with many people, and you know, I'm about to have some big impact with the book I'm writing that will be a best seller. But the problem is Satan knew this and appealed to my belief and came as an angel to tell me about it, and tried to get me to listen to these beings, talk about sneaky.
SO wanting to be important isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like the servant will be someone that will not talk about this stuff with people.
I have already changed the world. But no one knows it. God had me write a chess program (RomiChess) that learns from its games. He had me release the program for free as well as make the source code public. Deepmind then used the learning algorithm in AlphaZero a neural network chess engine. Deepmind then sold the company to Google for half a billion dollars. It is said of AlphaZero that its learning algorithm can learn to run cities and entire nations. Also I invented a cpu instruction that is in every modern INTEL and AMD processor. It allows AI to reach far greater heights than otherwise possible. They have barely begun to tap into the power and understanding of the new instruction. The instruction was given to me by the Spirit. It represents a whole new paradigm in mathematics and artificial thought. If you have a modern cpu by INTEL or AMD sitting in front of you then you have an example of the Spirit working through me at your fingertips! Good luck with your book!

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

Michael Sherwin wrote: August 31st, 2019, 2:30 pm
XEmilyX wrote: August 31st, 2019, 12:22 pm Everyone wants to have their 15 minutes of fame, but some do have a messiah complex.
I have already changed the world. But no one knows it. God had me write a chess program (RomiChess) that learns from its games. He had me release the program for free as well as make the source code public. Deepmind then used the learning algorithm in AlphaZero a neural network chess engine. Deepmind then sold the company to Google for half a billion dollars. It is said of AlphaZero that its learning algorithm can learn to run cities and entire nations. Also I invented a cpu instruction that is in every modern INTEL and AMD processor. It allows AI to reach far greater heights than otherwise possible. They have barely begun to tap into the power and understanding of the new instruction. The instruction was given to me by the Spirit. It represents a whole new paradigm in mathematics and artificial thought. If you have a modern cpu by INTEL or AMD sitting in front of you then you have an example of the Spirit working through me at your fingertips! Good luck with your book!
Did you also invent the internet? Are you Al Gore?

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

John Tavner wrote: August 31st, 2019, 5:09 pm
Michael Sherwin wrote: August 31st, 2019, 2:30 pm
Did you also invent the internet? Are you Al Gore?
Nope, I am not Al Gore and I did not invent the internet. I did only what I said I did. But, yeah I know that was only meant as a joke. So I give you a well deserved, LOL.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

Shalom
Well of course one does not actually save one's self from their sins. However, neither do you get saved from your sins by the mere fact of being born. We do not believe one can be saved without seeking and receiving ordinances of salvation. G_d will not force one to do what is necessary to obtain such ordinances, and only the wretched ignorant who dwell among the most wicked, who has no knowledge of the truth because of such circumstances are saved without such ordinances.

Was it you who decided to have faith, to repent of your sins, and to except the Messiah's sacrifice for and in your behalf, and to have faith of such to the point your were willing to enter into the waters of baptism? And if it was you and you did so by your own free will and choice... then you have saved yourself, and no living being or spirit did it for you!