Why are there so many who claim to be the Davidic Servant?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Why are there so many who claim to be the Davidic Servant?

Post by righteousrepublic »

Kingdom of ZION wrote: August 31st, 2019, 11:22 pm
righteousrepublic wrote: August 31st, 2019, 9:42 am
Kingdom of ZION wrote: August 27th, 2019, 5:52 am I knew about this Servant in the 70's. So, after 40 years, the only thing I have noticed is two things. One, nothing has been revealed over these many decades and years, that is new or in addition to what had been known. And the Second thing, when you see an upsurge in the general knowledge known by many about this Servant or other servants coming forth as many counterfeits have recently, whether inspired by the adversary or men, this is what happens when G_d is about the do a work among men. Then the Messiah came forth, there were many Messiah's in the land.

What can we learn from this? Until the Messiah reveals who His servant is... you can look for fruits being manifested which might show forth before this revealed Servant comes forth, but that there will be many such Servants in the Land. Does this really matter? If your not prepared to be called and come forth with this Servant's when he is called forth, then knowing whom this Servant is really does not matter. The fact is, it is much more important to focus upon yourself, by praying and pondering and learning the greater spiritual understandings and knowledge of the higher Gospel principles. Living all of the commandments and perfecting one's self is the only thing one has power over. Preparing for the coming forth of the kingdom is what we all need to be about! For this servant will not save you... you must save yourselves.

Shalom
No one can save themselves. And even if one could he'd have to be 100% sinless from birth until death. He would have to be able to forgive his own sins and remit them. No one has the power to perfect themselves. It is only through the blood of Jesus Christ that there can be any hope of being saved and perfected.
Well of course one does not actually save one's self from their sins. However, neither do you get saved from your sins by the mere fact of being born. We do not believe one can be saved without seeking and receiving ordinances of salvation. G_d will not force one to do what is necessary to obtain such ordinances, and only the wretched ignorant who dwell among the most wicked, who has no knowledge of the truth because of such circumstances are saved without such ordinances.

Was it you who decided to have faith, to repent of your sins, and to except the Messiah's sacrifice for and in your behalf, and to have faith of such to the point your were willing to enter into the waters of baptism? And if it was you and you did so by your own free will and choice... then you have saved yourself, and no living being or spirit did it for you!
My Lord and Savior did it for me. Sure, I had to go to him but it is he that has the power to do whatever it takes to save us. We do not. We cannot save ourselves no matter how hard we try. We have already sinned, at least once, therefore, we are unable to save ourselves. It is through the blood of Christ we are saved, coupled with good works. We are saved by grace, after all we can do. 2 Nephi 25:23

It is the waters of baptism that washes away our sins, and who do you think is behind that power and ability?

Alma 7:14
14 Now I say unto you that ye must repent, and be born again; for the Spirit saith if ye are not born again ye cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven; therefore come and be baptized unto repentance, that ye may be washed from your sins, that ye may have faith on the Lamb of God, who taketh away the sins of the world, who is mighty to save and to cleanse from all unrighteousness.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

righteousrepublic wrote: September 1st, 2019, 12:41 pm
Kingdom of ZION wrote: August 27th, 2019, 5:52 am I knew about this Servant in the 70's. So, after 40 years, the only thing I have noticed is two things. One, nothing has been revealed over these many decades and years, that is new or in addition to what had been known. And the Second thing, when you see an upsurge in the general knowledge known by many about this Servant or other servants coming forth as many counterfeits have recently, whether inspired by the adversary or men, this is what happens when G_d is about the do a work among men. Then the Messiah came forth, there were many Messiah's in the land.

What can we learn from this? Until the Messiah reveals who His servant is... you can look for fruits being manifested which might show forth before this revealed Servant comes forth, but that there will be many such Servants in the Land. Does this really matter? If your not prepared to be called and come forth with this Servant's when he is called forth, then knowing whom this Servant is really does not matter. The fact is, it is much more important to focus upon yourself, by praying and pondering and learning the greater spiritual understandings and knowledge of the higher Gospel principles. Living all of the commandments and perfecting one's self is the only thing one has power over. Preparing for the coming forth of the kingdom is what we all need to be about! For this servant will not save you... you must save yourselves.

Shalom
No one can save themselves. And even if one could he'd have to be 100% sinless from birth until death. He would have to be able to forgive his own sins and remit them. No one has the power to perfect themselves. It is only through the blood of Jesus Christ that there can be any hope of being saved and perfected.
Well of course one does not actually save one's self from their sins. However, neither do you get saved from your sins by the mere fact of being born. We do not believe one can be saved without seeking and receiving ordinances of salvation. G_d will not force one to do what is necessary to obtain such ordinances, and only the wretched ignorant who dwell among the most wicked, who has no knowledge of the truth because of such circumstances are saved without such ordinances.

Was it you who decided to have faith, to repent of your sins, and to except the Messiah's sacrifice for and in your behalf, and to have faith of such to the point your were willing to enter into the waters of baptism? And if it was you and you did so by your own free will and choice... then you have saved yourself, and no living being or spirit did it for you!
My Lord and Savior did it for me. Sure, I had to go to him but it is he that has the power to do whatever it takes to save us. We do not. We cannot save ourselves no matter how hard we try. We have already sinned, at least once, therefore, we are unable to save ourselves. It is through the blood of Christ we are saved, coupled with good works. We are saved by grace, after all we can do. 2 Nephi 25:23

It is the waters of baptism that washes away our sins, and who do you think is behind that power and ability?

14 Now I say unto you that ye must repent, and be born again; for the Spirit saith if ye are not born again ye cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven; therefore come and be baptized unto repentance, that ye may be washed from your sins, that ye may have faith on the Lamb of God, who taketh away the sins of the world, who is mighty to save and to cleanse from all unrighteousness.

Yes, the power to save a person is in the atonement... but lets not play semantics here. If you do not open the door and invite the Messiah in, you will never arrive. My point was people are looking for someone else to save them, by doing everything for them. Their are Christians who think that it takes a Pastor to pray for them, to place the Eucharist in their mouth, and tell them what it true. You need to find the Father and personally know the Son. I am not speaking of Second Estate Beings, but of those who are the Elect of G_d! Those who name was written in the Lamb's Book of Life from the foundation of the world.

Just answering a Altar call is not going to save you!

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

You know, it would be interesting to start a thread so all those who claim to be one (or more) of the following:
the Davidic Servant;
one of the two prophets in Jerusalem;
the Stem of Jesse;
and one or two other "mysterious ones"...

can show forth their claims.

jmack
captain of 1,000

Post by jmack »

JohnnyL wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 8:27 am You know, it would be interesting to start a thread so all those who claim to be one (or more) of the following:
the Davidic Servant;
the Stem of Jesse;

That’s a good suggestion, I can't keep up on who thinks he’s what here there are too many to keep straight :mrgreen:

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

JohnnyL wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 8:27 am You know, it would be interesting to start a thread so all those who claim to be one (or more) of the following:
the Davidic Servant;
the Stem of Jesse;

You forgot Jesus Christ.

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

Kingdom of ZION wrote: September 1st, 2019, 7:53 pm

Yes, the power to save a person is in the atonement... but lets not play semantics here. If you do not open the door and invite the Messiah in, you will never arrive. My point was people are looking for someone else to save them, by doing everything for them. Their are Christians who think that it takes a Pastor to pray for them, to place the Eucharist in their mouth, and tell them what it true. You need to find the Father and personally know the Son. I am not speaking of Second Estate Beings, but of those who are the Elect of G_d! Those who name was written in the Lamb's Book of Life from the foundation of the world.

There is only one of us playing semantics. I have read the scriptures enough to know exactly what it takes to be saved and by whom. For anyone to assume they can save themselves in any degree is being foolish and unwise, and mocks the atonement. Why does Jesus carry the name Savior if he can't or does not save anybody?

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

They can't help themselves?

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

righteousrepublic wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 10:51 am

There is only one of us playing semantics. I have read the scriptures enough to know exactly what it takes to be saved and by whom. For anyone to assume they can save themselves in any degree is being foolish and unwise, and mocks the atonement. Why does Jesus carry the name Savior if he can't or does not save anybody?
That fine... believe what you want! So if one does not have the power to do what is required to be saved, then the reverse it true... one can decide to eat, drink and be merry, because salvation is not in his power to be affected.

Most people here can see who has a hobby horse... and who will ride that pony into the dirt!
Last edited by Kingdom of ZION on September 3rd, 2019, 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

mahalanobis
captain of 1,000

Post by mahalanobis »

righteousrepublic wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 10:40 am
the Davidic Servant;
the Stem of Jesse;

You forgot Jesus Christ.
Have we not had the 3 Nephites on the forum yet? We really need to up our game.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

jmack wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 8:30 am
the Davidic Servant;
the Stem of Jesse;

That’s a good suggestion, I can't keep up on who thinks he’s what here there are too many to keep straight :mrgreen:
gbng may reveal many mysteries of flying colors. grey too, that describes an 👽 except for those across the pond. :mrgreen: gold, yellow, lavender and most recently red, :x has got in on the act. The moon and sun occupies similar apertures in space, and many convince themselves that’s just another coincidence, too. :roll:

4486: the six seems odd, ‘till ya think of it as 2 more or 2 less than 4 or 8 respectively. Works the same way for a phone number acquired years ago. So wondrous this world, for those with the eyes to see. Leaving off the 2 may invoke ideas about the next decade, as all other decades pale in comparison. Leap Day looks to be the best ever, having now glimpsed new glimmers of gold :!:

Green and Yellow Combine , but not mix to represent winged wonders. :mrgreen: (gbng)

Flying Colors Extraordinaire , that flutter by 🦋

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

Kingdom of ZION wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 11:34 am
righteousrepublic wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 10:51 am

That fine... believe what you want! So if one does not have the power to do what is required to be saved, then the reverse it true... one can decide to eat, drink and be merry, because salvation is not in his power to be affected.

Most people here can see who a hobby horse... and who will ride that pony into the dirt!
Yea, I can see them scrambling for position, stomach against back. Absolutely amazing :!:

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

God is no respecter of persons. I don't think a gift from God should be used for anything other than to glorify God. Jesus is our older brother. Our worth is all equal. Our abilities are unequal. To have more abilities is to share in the glory of Christ. So the glory would always be His for any abilities we have obtained.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Juliet wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 1:39 pm God is no respecter of persons.
Somehow I don’t think that phrase means anything close to what any of us thinks it means...

Least of all what we regularly mean when we say it.

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

Durzan wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 3:17 pm
Somehow I don’t think that phrase means anything close to what any of us thinks it means...

I don't think she used the phrase incorrectly.. All can come to the Lord and repent and receive of His glory. All have the right to seek gifts of the Spirit to serve Him. Some are given more gifts than others. It is all to help bring to pass the eternal life of man.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

What I mean is no one should use the blessings or mission God has given them in order to become self righteous thinking they have what they have because they are more deserving of it. That's not the right spirit. If you have a gift or special mission it should be the same as God's, to feed the flock, not to have the flock bow down and worship you so you can feed off of them. Someone who knows God doesn't need to feed off of the flock. They seek to feed the flock.

It's like me expecting my kids to take care of me since I am oh so special their mother. No. I am a mother to serve them, not the other way around. Heaven forbid the mother who has children just to make herself look good. That would be awful and yet sometimes that happens. It isn't right.

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

Because some, you know, a select few, are just so darn special, am I right or am I right? :D

Valo

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

righteousrepublic wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 10:40 am
the Davidic Servant;
the Stem of Jesse;

You forgot Jesus Christ.
Ha ha, you're right!! I'd forgotten those people...
And, even though it's quite a move downward, a prophet.

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

Valo wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 4:55 pm

Because some, you know, a select few, are just so darn special, am I right or am I right? :D

Valo
Alma 1:30
30 And thus, in their prosperous circumstances, they did not send away any who were naked, or that were hungry, or that were athirst, or that were sick, or that had not been nourished; and they did not set their hearts upon riches; therefore they were liberal to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, whether out of the church or in the church, having no respect to persons as to those who stood in need.

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

You mean the Holy Ghost, according to some posters here?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Juliet wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 4:36 pm

What I mean is no one should use the blessings or mission God has given them in order to become self righteous thinking they have what they have because they are more deserving of it. That's not the right spirit. If you have a gift or special mission it should be the same as God's, to feed the flock, not to have the flock bow down and worship you so you can feed off of them. Someone who knows God doesn't need to feed off of the flock. They seek to feed the flock.

It's like me expecting my kids to take care of me since I am oh so special their mother. No. I am a mother to serve them, not the other way around. Heaven forbid the mother who has children just to make herself look good. That would be awful and yet sometimes that happens. It isn't right.
Right? It's really the opposite. The "greater" you are the more of a servant you are - indeed the more you will be likely to be called upon to suffer and endure.

I hesitate to say this here, but those who have thrown their lot in with the worlds gender equality nonsense should really ponder eternal gender roles and how they may pertain to suffering and greatness.

mahalanobis
captain of 1,000

Post by mahalanobis »

Alaris wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 11:58 am
Juliet wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 4:36 pm

Right? It's really the opposite. The "greater" you are the more of a servant you are - indeed the more you will be likely to be called upon to suffer and endure.

I hesitate to say this here, but those who have thrown their lot in with the worlds gender equality nonsense should really ponder eternal gender roles and how they may pertain to suffering and greatness.
Same thoughts. Same hesitation.

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Post by RocknRoll »

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 1:17 pm
the Davidic Servant;
the Stem of Jesse;

gbng may reveal many mysteries of flying colors. grey too, that describes an 👽 except for those across the pond. :mrgreen: gold, yellow, lavender and most recently red, :x has got in on the act. The moon and sun occupies similar apertures in space, and many convince themselves that’s just another coincidence, too. :roll:

4486: the six seems odd, ‘till ya think of it as 2 more or 2 less than 4 or 8 respectively. Works the same way for a phone number acquired years ago. So wondrous this world, for those with the eyes to see. Leaving off the 2 may invoke ideas about the next decade, as all other decades pale in comparison. Leap Day looks to be the best ever, having now glimpsed new glimmers of gold :!:

Green and Yellow Combine , but not mix to represent winged wonders. :mrgreen: (gbng)

Woah there. Did your prescription run out or something? You’re not making any sense. Or are you speaking in some kind of code?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

RocknRoll wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 1:32 pm
the Davidic Servant;
the Stem of Jesse;

Woah there. Did your prescription run out or something? You’re not making any sense. Or are you speaking in some kind of code?
Prolly need to check posts in OD, in particular a “direct hit”; to that which is green and yellow within a ring of blue.

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

Post by Michael Sherwin »

the Davidic Servant;
the Stem of Jesse;

It is tidbits of truth in a storm of noise.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Michael Sherwin wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 4:58 pm

It is tidbits of truth in a storm of noise.
Or a storm of truth and we're the noise. I'm still open to the idea of BeNotDeceived being John the Beloved. :)