Why are there so many who claim to be the Davidic Servant?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
mahalanobis
captain of 1,000

Re: Why are there so many who claim to be the Davidic Servant?

Post by mahalanobis »

Alaris wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 5:07 pm
Michael Sherwin wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 4:58 pm
RocknRoll wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 1:32 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 1:17 pm

gbng may reveal many mysteries of flying colors. grey too, that describes an 👽 except for those across the pond. :mrgreen: gold, yellow, lavender and most recently red, :x has got in on the act. The moon and sun occupies similar apertures in space, and many convince themselves that’s just another coincidence, too. :roll:

4486: the six seems odd, ‘till ya think of it as 2 more or 2 less than 4 or 8 respectively. Works the same way for a phone number acquired years ago. So wondrous this world, for those with the eyes to see. Leaving off the 2 may invoke ideas about the next decade, as all other decades pale in comparison. Leap Day looks to be the best ever, having now glimpsed new glimmers of gold :!:

Green and Yellow Combine , but not mix to represent winged wonders. :mrgreen: (gbng)

Flying Colors Extraordinaire , that flutter by 🦋
Woah there. Did your prescription run out or something? You’re not making any sense. Or are you speaking in some kind of code?
It is tidbits of truth in a storm of noise.
Or a storm of truth and we're the noise. I'm still open to the idea of BeNotDeceived being John the Beloved. :)
Beloved, but not John.

Open, but not idea...

Aww hell. I can't do it like he does.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Mahalanobis Distance wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 5:55 pm
RocknRoll wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 1:32 pm

Woah there. Did your prescription run out or something? You’re not making any sense. Or are you speaking in some kind of code?
Or a storm of truth and we're the noise. I'm still open to the idea of BeNotDeceived being John the Beloved. :)
Beloved, but not John.

Open, but not idea...

See!!! :)

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Alaris wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 6:22 pm
Mahalanobis Distance wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 5:55 pm

Beloved, but not John.

Open, but not idea...

See!!! :)
See, but not saw. :mrgreen: dbnp

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

DRC53 wrote: August 26th, 2019, 3:59 pm Over the course of the past few years, I have seen half a dozen or more claim to be the Davidic Servant. If you look up the “one mighty and strong” online, you’ll see dozens who have each made similar claims.

They can’t all be right and, likely, none are right. If you read the book of Isaiah, coupled with commentary from Gileadi and Alaris, the magnitude of this Davidic Servant is just beyond anything imaginable. To make a claim, or even throw the idea out there, disqualifies that person. Please remember that the Lord has been preparing this man for eons upon eons for this mission. I don’t believe that there’s a plan B backup or understudy if the original man failed.

It is my belief, based on 1 Nephi 20:15 (“15 Also, saith the Lord; I the Lord, yea, I have spoken; yea, I have called him to declare, I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous.”) and other such scriptures, that it will be the Lord Himself who will identify the Davidic Servant, not the Davidic Servant himself).

For any who have felt like you are the Davidic Servant for a host of varying reasons, my heart goes out to you. There have been a few times in which I felt like this or that calling in my local ward was coming my way. I was wrong! But, I learned more from those experiences than if I had been correct.

So, back to my original question, why do so many believe and even claim to be the Davidic Servant? I’m interested in what you think... .
My guess is simply because that's how things work, its natural to self-identify with the main character of any given story. Like how we are all supposed to view the garden drama as if we ourselves are Adam or Eve (and the DS may well likely be Adam..).

I've noticed in other communities, the same archetypal expectation. On Godlikeproductions.com for example, I notice they have a character they call "the Anomaly", who eerily resembles LDSFF's "Davidic servant".

This is how reality manifests itself. There is a universal hunger to oppose the tyrannies of our day, and the instinct to conjure up a messianic figure to represent that opposition is a universal one throughout time.

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

abijah` wrote: November 28th, 2021, 4:41 pm
DRC53 wrote: August 26th, 2019, 3:59 pm Over the course of the past few years, I have seen half a dozen or more claim to be the Davidic Servant. If you look up the “one mighty and strong” online, you’ll see dozens who have each made similar claims.

They can’t all be right and, likely, none are right. If you read the book of Isaiah, coupled with commentary from Gileadi and Alaris, the magnitude of this Davidic Servant is just beyond anything imaginable. To make a claim, or even throw the idea out there, disqualifies that person. Please remember that the Lord has been preparing this man for eons upon eons for this mission. I don’t believe that there’s a plan B backup or understudy if the original man failed.

It is my belief, based on 1 Nephi 20:15 (“15 Also, saith the Lord; I the Lord, yea, I have spoken; yea, I have called him to declare, I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous.”) and other such scriptures, that it will be the Lord Himself who will identify the Davidic Servant, not the Davidic Servant himself).

For any who have felt like you are the Davidic Servant for a host of varying reasons, my heart goes out to you. There have been a few times in which I felt like this or that calling in my local ward was coming my way. I was wrong! But, I learned more from those experiences than if I had been correct.

So, back to my original question, why do so many believe and even claim to be the Davidic Servant? I’m interested in what you think... .
My guess is simply because that's how things work, its natural to self-identify with the main character of any given story. Like how we are all supposed to view the garden drama as if we ourselves are Adam or Eve (and the DS may well likely be Adam..).

I've noticed in other communities, the same archetypal expectation. On Godlikeproductions.com for example, I notice they have a character they call "the Anomaly", who eerily resembles LDSFF's "Davidic servant".

This is how reality manifests itself. There is a universal hunger to oppose the tyrannies of our day, and the instinct to conjure up a messianic figure to represent that opposition is a universal one throughout time.
It is my understanding that the servant will have other servants serving with him.
I sometimes wonder if the reason some of these guys think they're the DS is because they're feeling their calling of being a servant, but they're just "misdiagnosing" as it were. They take it too far.

Additionally, many people have some of the markers of the DS, and when they recognize that they are tempted to believe that they are him.

Two scriptures come to mind, though.

From Proverbs 25:
Do not exalt yourself in the king’s presence, and do not claim a place among his great men; it is better for him to say to you, “Come up here,” than for him to humiliate you before his nobles.
And from Matthew 23:
The greatest among you will be your servant. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.
Takeaway: even if the DS knows who he is today, when he is called and chosen and sent on his mission it will be the Lord's doing, not his own. He will be a servant's servant. He will not be boastful or haughty or seek out the opportunity to proclaim who he is. He will come to recognize that it's God's job, not his, to call and choose him and send him on his mission. And God it is who will do so.

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

Really?

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

he will be humble after being beat almost to death with no power which leaves a marred body and face. After that he will be called and receive power. hmmmm Does anybody know yet who it is? I'm thinking not one of our current 15.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

4Joshua8 wrote: November 28th, 2021, 4:53 pm
abijah` wrote: November 28th, 2021, 4:41 pm

It is my understanding that the servant will have other servants serving with him.

He will. He is Michael. The ancient of days. The head angel. He will bring with him Elijah, Enoch, John, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, and others. He is the angel ascending from the east.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Why are there so many

Post by BeNotDeceived »

EvanLM wrote: November 28th, 2021, 5:43 pm
Does anybody know yet who it is?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Davidic Servant ❗️

Post by BeNotDeceived »

mahalanobis wrote: August 30th, 2019, 5:32 pm If I were there a super special end-times servant and had heavenly visitations paired with undeniable manifestations of the Holy Ghost and new revelations etc, the last thing I would do is go to some anonymous online forum and try to get validation from faceless strangers. I would want face-to-face interaction where folks could gaze into my countenance and feel/experience the message I had.

I'm on board with the end times servant concept, but this these folks just have so many red flags to me.

I think the reason we see them congregate here is that this site is very relaxed in its rules due to the libertarian-minded ideology of its founder (which is fine). So these folks get banned elsewhere then wind up here.

I'm against social credit schemes (such as letting them stay on the site, but flagging their avatar with a red exclamation mark after enough people have registered complaints), but we all know that happens subconsciously anyways. After a while you know whose posts to ignore.

An original idea. ❗️

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

XEmilyX wrote: August 31st, 2019, 12:22 pm Everyone wants to have their 15 minutes of fame, but some do have a messiah complex.
Everyone wants to be important.
Like for me an angel of light came to me and told me that I was going to change the world. Was totally excited that he said that, and then totally bumbed after i found out I was deceived. lol
there seems to be a frenzy right now of trying to be important and successful in some way. People are struggling to feel important just being themselves. And when people say they're the servant, I honestly think they just have a cool role they haven't grown into yet, but it's a cool mission nonetheless. Once you're in your own mission, you're pretty content with it and not with someone elses, usually. (usually) So anyways, I mean it would be cool if I were David, but I'm a girl so, can't happen. LOL
I have always dreamed of changing the world, I have always dreamed of having impact with many people, and you know, I'm about to have some big impact with the book I'm writing that will be a best seller. But the problem is Satan knew this and appealed to my belief and came as an angel to tell me about it, and tried to get me to listen to these beings, talk about sneaky.
SO wanting to be important isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like the servant will be someone that will not talk about this stuff with people.

mike_rumble
captain of 100

Post by mike_rumble »

Can someone give some links to information about this "Davidic Servant"? Maybe some Scriptures?
Is this an LDS thing? I knew a lot about various prophecy based churches back in the day, and never heard about this "Davidic Servant".
Maybe they studied about it under a different name. I don't know.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

mike_rumble wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 1:59 pm Can someone give some links to information about this "Davidic Servant"? Maybe some Scriptures?
Is this an LDS thing? I knew a lot about various prophecy based churches back in the day, and never heard about this "Davidic Servant".
We need a thread like this.

Ferrisbueller
captain of 100

Post by Ferrisbueller »

Never heard of this servant till I visited board.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Ferrisbueller wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 7:45 pm Never heard of this servant till I visited board.
Me either. :!:

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

mike_rumble wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 1:59 pm Can someone give some links to information about this "Davidic Servant"? Maybe some Scriptures?
please look at the information I just posted in a comment to someone after this.
also do a search in this forum.
There are hundreds of posts and thousands of comments, scriptures and info. about him.

also
this may help you get started.
I've posted hundreds of posts myself, but I just quickly looked theses up.
viewtopic.php?p=1261160&hilit=Davidic+servant#p1261160

viewtopic.php?p=1261162&hilit=Davidic+servant#p1261162

viewtopic.php?p=1257450&hilit=Davidic+servant#p1257450

viewtopic.php?p=1318492&hilit=Davidic+servant#p1318492

viewtopic.php?p=1290200&hilit=Davidic+servant#p1290200
Last edited by Being There on January 23rd, 2023, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Ferrisbueller wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 7:45 pm Never heard of this servant till I visited board.
Keep this commandment the Lord gave - to not only read, but to search diligently the words of Isaiah -
"for great are the words of Isaiah", then you will know about this servant - the Davidic Servant.

Anyone who doesn't put leaders of the church - above Jesus Christ and His words -
and who keeps this commandment - and who has seriously - or as the Lord says "search diligently"
the words of Isaiah - knows that Isaiah is speaking about - his time - and our time - at the same time. ***

Isaiah’s Prophecy Relates to Two Time Frames Simultaneously,
(1) Isaiah’s day; and (2) “the last days” or “end-time” NOW !
https://www.isaiahexplained.com/resourc ... ayyamim%29.

Some members are so busy worshiping their church leaders,
that they don't even care about what the Lord says and keeping HIS COMMANDMENTS.

keeping the commandment that He gave, to not only read,
but to search diligently the words of Isaiah.

"How some members can put their trust in anyone but the Lord - (I just SMH)
and keeping the commandment He gave to read Isaiah - not only to read but
to "search these things diligently; for great are the words of Isaiah."
He didn't tell us to do this just to give us a nice history listen.
The Lord wouldn't have given this - A COMMANDMENT if it wasn't important and going to apply to us today.
THIS IS THE LORD JESUS CHRIST TALKING AND GIVING US A COMMANDMENT ! - not just some quote
from so-called prophet or someone,
so we'd better listen, and keep this commandment.

********** "HAVE BEEN AND SHALL BE"

3 "And all things that he spake (HAVE BEEN AND SHALL BE),
even according to the words which he spake." 3 Nephi 23.

So what the Lord is saying is first,
Yea, a commandment I give unto
you that ye search these things diligently;
for great are the words of Isaiah.,"
and that, the things that Isaiah is saying are still in the future
"AND SHALL BE even according to the words which he spake." !

3 Nephi 23:1- 4
1 "And now, behold, I say unto you,
that ye ought to search these things.
for great are the words of Isaiah."

2 "For surely he spake as touching all things
concerning my people which are of the house of Israel;
therefore it must needs be that he must speak
also to the Gentiles."

3 "And all things that he spake have been - and shall be,
even according to the words which he spake."

4 "Therefore give heed to my words;
write the things which I have told you;
and according to the time and the will
of the Father they shall go forth unto the Gentiles."

3 Nephi 20:11
11 "Ye remember that I spake unto you,
and said that when the words of Isaiah
should be fulfilled—behold they are written,
ye have them before you, therefore search them-"

"HAVE BEEN AND SHALL BE"
********** Isaiah uses what are called types from the past to show the future.
What has happened before, will happen again.

ALL THE PROPHECIES OF ISAIAH PERTAIN TO US TODAY
All prophecies in Isaiah are prophecies of the last days.

Isaiah 44:7
7 "Who predicts what happens as do I, and is the equal of me in
appointing a people from of old as types, foretelling things to come?

Isaiah 46
10 I foretell the end from the beginning,
from ancient times things not yet done.
I speak, and my purposes take effect;
I accomplish all my will.

Isaiah 42
9 The prophecies of the former events
indeed came to pass,
but new things I yet foretell.
Before they spring up I declare them to you.

So, isn't it just a little more than just a coincidence,
that here - first we were put under condemnation for treating the Book of Mormon lightly,
and when we search the Book of Mormon we have the Lord giving us this commandment
to "search diligently" the words of Isaiah,
and when we do, and start to read Isaiah,
what do we find in the very 1st Chapter of the Book ?
We find that Isaiah begins his book with our APOSTASY.
Hmm - now that's interesting isn't it.

Referring to our church and the sad condition we are in,
Isaiah begins his book speaking to us,
Ephraim, or the church today.

Isaiah 1:2-5
Description of modern Ephraim
(addressing our church he calls Israel)

2 Hear, O heavens! Give heed, O earth!
Jehovah has spoken:I have reared sons,
brought them up,but they have revolted against me.
3 The ox knows its owner,the donkey its master’s stall,
but Israel does not know; my people are insensible.

4 Alas, a nation astray, a people weighed down by sin, the offspring of wrongdoers, perverse children:
they have forsaken Jehovah, they have spurned the Holy One of Israel
, they have lapsed into APOSTASY.

From addressing his people personally as “Israel . . . my people” (v 3), Jehovah now addresses them impersonally as “a nation,” signifying their alienated state. Additionally, a regression occurs from his people’s simply going “astray” to their burdening themselves with “sin,” which, over time, ends in outright “wrongdoing.” That occurs collectively and generationally.
The “offspring of wrongdoers” turn into “perverse children,” meaning that the rising generation has by now become thoroughly corrupt. “Forsaking” Jehovah and “spurning” him finally become conscious and deliberate acts.

They have lapsed into apostasy. Hebrew nazoru ahor signifies that Jehovah’s people have become entirely “estranged” from him.
They have “gone backwards” to what they used to be before they became Jehovah’s covenant people, when they didn’t know their God. In effect, they have become godless again like the world’s heathen nations, but now more so because they have rejected the light they once had.
The apostasy into which they began to backslide a generation ago is now complete.
As a consequence, instead of enjoying the blessings of the covenant, they must suffer its curses."

*** The Book of Isaiah—A Blueprint of Our Time
http://www.isaiahexplained.com/resource ... -of-isaiah

What sets the Book of Isaiah apart from all other prophetic writings is its all-inclusiveness in depicting an end-time scenario. Even more comprehensive in portraying the end of the world than apocalyptic writings such as Daniel and Revelation, it spells out a great confluence of events humanity is about to experience. Using Israel’s ancient history as a foreshadowing of the end of the world, it predicts the future by drawing on events of the past. Only a prophet–poet with extraordinary literary skills could have predicted “the end” based on ancient beginnings (Isaiah 46:10). Only a visionary who saw both time periods could have crafted this prophetic masterpiece.

While the Book of Isaiah’s apocalyptic message accords with Jewish tradition, and while its literary features reveal its twofold relevance—to Isaiah’s day and to the end-time—it still requires uncommon faith to believe that it is a handbook for our day. For one thing, it may mean discarding much or all of what we thought we knew before. Isaiah foresees just such confusion when he speaks of the deaf “hearing” and the blind “seeing” the words of his book. Only then—in a day when barely a few “disciples” would know its true message (Isaiah 8:16)—would “those who erred in spirit gain understanding and those who murmured accept instruction” (Isaiah 29:18, 24).

Earth’s End-Time—History Repeating Itself

A reassuring thing about Isaiah’s prophecy is that Isaiah limits himself to predicting new things based on old things when describing the end of the world. Over thirty ancient events—some that occurred before, some contemporary with, and some soon after Isaiah’s day—typify end-time events. To God’s people who know their history, who have searched Isaiah’s writings for answers, therefore, those events won’t appear unfamiliar when they unfold. To those who are acquainted with them and experience them, hindsight will turn to foresight. Perhaps that is one reason why God commanded his people to celebrate ancient events such as Israel’s Passover.

Of course, when those former events repeat themselves in the end-time, they won’t do so in the order they occurred before nor take thousands of years. This time around, moreover, they will happen on a world scale and won’t be limited to the Jews in the State of Israel. While the ancient names that Isaiah uses to describe nations and persons function as codenames of end-time ones, they don’t apply to nations and persons with the same names today. Rather, a sure way to identify which nations or entities Isaiah is speaking of in today’s world is to be guided by the way Isaiah characterizes them and then to match them up with their possible modern counterparts.

The Domino Effect—Concealing the Message

Because Isaiah’s literary devices are meant to conceal and also reveal his prophetic message, much of that message remains hidden until uncovered by the sincere seeker of truth. One thing Isaiah conceals and reveals in this way is the actual sequence of end-time events leading up to the coming of Jehovah to reign on the earth. Instead of making it easy for the reader, therefore, he predicts things piecemeal, breaking up the sequence by depicting an event several times in combination with other events. The entire series appears only when we connect all the dominos. And they act like dominos also—befalling in rapid succession until all have transpired.

A passage in Isaiah 49:9–12, for example, combines the end-time release of God’s people from bondage with their wandering in the wilderness and return from a worldwide exile: “To say to the captives, ‘Come forth!’ and to those in darkness, ‘Show yourselves!’ They shall feed along the way and find pasture on all barren heights. They shall not hunger or thirst, nor be smitten by the heat wave or the sun: he who has mercy on them will guide them; he will lead them by springs of water. All my mountain ranges I will appoint as roads; my highways shall be on high. See these, coming from afar, these, from the northwest, and these, from the land of Sinim.”

End-Time “Assyria”—A Militaristic Alliance

Featuring prominently in the Book of Isaiah is a militaristic superpower that seeks to conquer the world. In fact, God commissions its king figure—an end-time archtyrant—to punish his people when they rebel and do evil: “Hail the Assyrian, the rodof my anger! He is a staff—my wrathin their hand. I will commission him against a godless nation, appoint him over the people [deserving]of my vengeance, to pillage for plunder, to spoliate for spoil, to tread underfoot like mud in the streets. Nevertheless, it shall not seem so to him; this shall not be what he has in mind. His purpose shall be to annihilate and to exterminate nations not a few” (Isaiah 10:5–7).

In the pattern of ancient Assyria, this ruthless world power and its alliance of nations commits genocide on a world scale: “Hark! A tumult on the mountains, as of a vast multitude. Hark! An uproar among kingdoms, as of nations assembling: Jehovah of Hosts is marshaling an army for war. They come from a distant land beyond the horizon—Jehovah and the instruments of his wrath—to cause destruction throughout the earth. Lament, for the Day of Jehovah is near; it shall come as a violent blow from the Almighty” (Isaiah 13:4–6). Although all nations suffer destruction in their wicked state, the apostasy of those who were God’s people precipitates it.

End-Time “Egypt”—A Superpower in Decline

Isaiah’s use of types of ancient world powers that foreshadow end-time ones extends to the great superpower Egypt. As with all nations and persons who appear in the Book of Isaiah, their true identity appears from the way Isaiah characterizes them, not from historical or archaeological data, though at times these may help. In searching the world today for a superpower that matches Isaiah’s description of “Egypt,” the sole candidate is America. That connection is further strengthened by the fact that God’s people anciently dwelt in Egypt, that Joseph ruled Egypt, and that the birthright tribe of Ephraim sprang from Joseph and Asenath, an Egyptian woman.

“Egypt,” however, is a superpower imploding: “The ministers of Zoan have been foolish, the officials of Noph deluded; the heads of state have led Egypt astray. Jehovah has permeated them with a spirit of confusion; they have misled Egypt in all that it does, causing it to stagger like a drunkard into his vomit. . . . Manufacturers of combed linen and weavers of fine fabrics will be dismayed. The textile workers will know despair, and all who work for wages suffer distress. . . . I will stir up the Egyptians against the Egyptians; they will fight brother against brother and neighbor against neighbor, city against city and state against state” (Isaiah 19:2, 9–10, 13–14).

The Struggle within America—Isaiah Saw It

The importance of understanding Isaiah’s message increases daily as world events line up like the planets for the fulfillment of his prophecy. Under the codename “Egypt”—the great superpower of Isaiah’s day—America is predicted to suffer spiritual decline, political ineptitude, economic collapse, internal anarchy, and invasion by a ruthless military world power from the North—an end-time “Assyria.” On the other hand, a community of covenanters in Egypt turns back to God, who sends them a savior and delivers them (Isaiah 19–20). In the end, as the millennial age begins, “Egypt” again becomes “my people”—a righteous covenant people of God (Isaiah 19:25).

A dichotomy of events surrounding Egypt thus typifies the nation in general, which incurs misfortunes or covenant curses for its wickedness even as a righteous category of persons within the nation becomes Egypt’s salvation: “Jehovah will make himself known to the Egyptians, and the Egyptians shall know Jehovah in that day. They will worship by sacrifice and offerings, and make vows to Jehovah and fulfill them. Jehovah will smite Egypt, and by smiting heal [it]: they will turn back to Jehovah, and he will respond to their pleas and heal them” (Isaiah 19:21–22). To be “healed” of iniquity and to “know” Israel’s God is to be his covenant people indeed.

Isaiah Prophesies Using Composites of Types

Having seen “the end from the beginning” (Isaiah 46:10), Isaiah selectively draws on Israel’s ancient history in order to cover both time frames—the past and the future—the “end” being contained in the “beginning.” God’s people anciently, in other words, in the very events in which they participated, were predicting end-time events, something only God is capable of orchestrating: “Who predicts what happens as do I, and is the equal of me in appointing a people from of old as types, foretelling things to come? Be not perturbed or shaken. Have I not made it known to you from of old? Did I not foretell it, you being my witnesses?” (Isaiah 44:7–8).

When something in the past isn’t an exact type of the end-time, on the other hand, Isaiah may combine several types from the past to round out his prediction of the future. That is, he may use composites of types to portray a single end-time person or event. Isaiah’s Seven-Part Structure, for example, portrays both Babylon and the king of Babylon as composites of types, including the events associated with them. The end-time itself, moreover, consists of over thirty ancient events that repeat themselves—although in a different order—that are compressed into a single scenario of a few years known as the “Day of Jehovah” or God’s Day of Judgment.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Being There wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 8:37 pm
Keep this commandment the Lord gave - to not only read, but to search diligently the words of Isaiah -
"for great are the words of Isaiah", then you will know about this servant - the Davidic Servant.

Anyone who doesn't put leaders of the church - above Jesus Christ and His words -
and who keeps this commandment - and who has seriously - or as the Lord says "search diligently"
the words of Isaiah - knows that Isaiah is speaking about - his time - and our time - at the same time. ***

that they don't even care about what the Lord says and keeping HIS COMMANDMENTS.

The Lord wouldn't have given this - A COMMANDMENT if it wasn't important and going to apply to us today.
THIS IS THE LORD JESUS CHRIST TALKING AND GIVING US A COMMANDMENT ! - not just some quote

also to the Gentiles."

"HAVE BEEN AND SHALL BE"

Isaiah 46

Isaiah 42
indeed came to pass,

that here - first we were put under condemnation for treating the Book of Mormon lightly,
and when we search the Book of Mormon we have the Lord giving us this commandment

4 Alas, a nation astray, a people weighed down by sin, the offspring of wrongdoers, perverse children:

From addressing his people personally as “Israel . . . my people” (v 3), Jehovah now addresses them impersonally as “a nation,” signifying their alienated state. Additionally, a regression occurs from his people’s simply going “astray” to their burdening themselves with “sin,” which, over time, ends in outright “wrongdoing.” That occurs collectively and generationally.
The “offspring of wrongdoers” turn into “perverse children,” meaning that the rising generation has by now become thoroughly corrupt. “Forsaking” Jehovah and “spurning” him finally become conscious and deliberate acts.

They have lapsed into apostasy. Hebrew nazoru ahor signifies that Jehovah’s people have become entirely “estranged” from him.
They have “gone backwards” to what they used to be before they became Jehovah’s covenant people, when they didn’t know their God. In effect, they have become godless again like the world’s heathen nations, but now more so because they have rejected the light they once had.
The apostasy into which they began to backslide a generation ago is now complete.
As a consequence, instead of enjoying the blessings of the covenant, they must suffer its curses."

What sets the Book of Isaiah apart from all other prophetic writings is its all-inclusiveness in depicting an end-time scenario. Even more comprehensive in portraying the end of the world than apocalyptic writings such as Daniel and Revelation, it spells out a great confluence of events humanity is about to experience. Using Israel’s ancient history as a foreshadowing of the end of the world, it predicts the future by drawing on events of the past. Only a prophet–poet with extraordinary literary skills could have predicted “the end” based on ancient beginnings (Isaiah 46:10). Only a visionary who saw both time periods could have crafted this prophetic masterpiece.

While the Book of Isaiah’s apocalyptic message accords with Jewish tradition, and while its literary features reveal its twofold relevance—to Isaiah’s day and to the end-time—it still requires uncommon faith to believe that it is a handbook for our day. For one thing, it may mean discarding much or all of what we thought we knew before. Isaiah foresees just such confusion when he speaks of the deaf “hearing” and the blind “seeing” the words of his book. Only then—in a day when barely a few “disciples” would know its true message (Isaiah 8:16)—would “those who erred in spirit gain understanding and those who murmured accept instruction” (Isaiah 29:18, 24).

A reassuring thing about Isaiah’s prophecy is that Isaiah limits himself to predicting new things based on old things when describing the end of the world. Over thirty ancient events—some that occurred before, some contemporary with, and some soon after Isaiah’s day—typify end-time events. To God’s people who know their history, who have searched Isaiah’s writings for answers, therefore, those events won’t appear unfamiliar when they unfold. To those who are acquainted with them and experience them, hindsight will turn to foresight. Perhaps that is one reason why God commanded his people to celebrate ancient events such as Israel’s Passover.

Of course, when those former events repeat themselves in the end-time, they won’t do so in the order they occurred before nor take thousands of years. This time around, moreover, they will happen on a world scale and won’t be limited to the Jews in the State of Israel. While the ancient names that Isaiah uses to describe nations and persons function as codenames of end-time ones, they don’t apply to nations and persons with the same names today. Rather, a sure way to identify which nations or entities Isaiah is speaking of in today’s world is to be guided by the way Isaiah characterizes them and then to match them up with their possible modern counterparts.

Because Isaiah’s literary devices are meant to conceal and also reveal his prophetic message, much of that message remains hidden until uncovered by the sincere seeker of truth. One thing Isaiah conceals and reveals in this way is the actual sequence of end-time events leading up to the coming of Jehovah to reign on the earth. Instead of making it easy for the reader, therefore, he predicts things piecemeal, breaking up the sequence by depicting an event several times in combination with other events. The entire series appears only when we connect all the dominos. And they act like dominos also—befalling in rapid succession until all have transpired.

A passage in Isaiah 49:9–12, for example, combines the end-time release of God’s people from bondage with their wandering in the wilderness and return from a worldwide exile: “To say to the captives, ‘Come forth!’ and to those in darkness, ‘Show yourselves!’ They shall feed along the way and find pasture on all barren heights. They shall not hunger or thirst, nor be smitten by the heat wave or the sun: he who has mercy on them will guide them; he will lead them by springs of water. All my mountain ranges I will appoint as roads; my highways shall be on high. See these, coming from afar, these, from the northwest, and these, from the land of Sinim.”

Featuring prominently in the Book of Isaiah is a militaristic superpower that seeks to conquer the world. In fact, God commissions its king figure—an end-time archtyrant—to punish his people when they rebel and do evil: “Hail the Assyrian, the rodof my anger! He is a staff—my wrathin their hand. I will commission him against a godless nation, appoint him over the people [deserving]of my vengeance, to pillage for plunder, to spoliate for spoil, to tread underfoot like mud in the streets. Nevertheless, it shall not seem so to him; this shall not be what he has in mind. His purpose shall be to annihilate and to exterminate nations not a few” (Isaiah 10:5–7).

In the pattern of ancient Assyria, this ruthless world power and its alliance of nations commits genocide on a world scale: “Hark! A tumult on the mountains, as of a vast multitude. Hark! An uproar among kingdoms, as of nations assembling: Jehovah of Hosts is marshaling an army for war. They come from a distant land beyond the horizon—Jehovah and the instruments of his wrath—to cause destruction throughout the earth. Lament, for the Day of Jehovah is near; it shall come as a violent blow from the Almighty” (Isaiah 13:4–6). Although all nations suffer destruction in their wicked state, the apostasy of those who were God’s people precipitates it.

Isaiah’s use of types of ancient world powers that foreshadow end-time ones extends to the great superpower Egypt. As with all nations and persons who appear in the Book of Isaiah, their true identity appears from the way Isaiah characterizes them, not from historical or archaeological data, though at times these may help. In searching the world today for a superpower that matches Isaiah’s description of “Egypt,” the sole candidate is America. That connection is further strengthened by the fact that God’s people anciently dwelt in Egypt, that Joseph ruled Egypt, and that the birthright tribe of Ephraim sprang from Joseph and Asenath, an Egyptian woman.

“Egypt,” however, is a superpower imploding: “The ministers of Zoan have been foolish, the officials of Noph deluded; the heads of state have led Egypt astray. Jehovah has permeated them with a spirit of confusion; they have misled Egypt in all that it does, causing it to stagger like a drunkard into his vomit. . . . Manufacturers of combed linen and weavers of fine fabrics will be dismayed. The textile workers will know despair, and all who work for wages suffer distress. . . . I will stir up the Egyptians against the Egyptians; they will fight brother against brother and neighbor against neighbor, city against city and state against state” (Isaiah 19:2, 9–10, 13–14).

The importance of understanding Isaiah’s message increases daily as world events line up like the planets for the fulfillment of his prophecy. Under the codename “Egypt”—the great superpower of Isaiah’s day—America is predicted to suffer spiritual decline, political ineptitude, economic collapse, internal anarchy, and invasion by a ruthless military world power from the North—an end-time “Assyria.” On the other hand, a community of covenanters in Egypt turns back to God, who sends them a savior and delivers them (Isaiah 19–20). In the end, as the millennial age begins, “Egypt” again becomes “my people”—a righteous covenant people of God (Isaiah 19:25).

A dichotomy of events surrounding Egypt thus typifies the nation in general, which incurs misfortunes or covenant curses for its wickedness even as a righteous category of persons within the nation becomes Egypt’s salvation: “Jehovah will make himself known to the Egyptians, and the Egyptians shall know Jehovah in that day. They will worship by sacrifice and offerings, and make vows to Jehovah and fulfill them. Jehovah will smite Egypt, and by smiting heal [it]: they will turn back to Jehovah, and he will respond to their pleas and heal them” (Isaiah 19:21–22). To be “healed” of iniquity and to “know” Israel’s God is to be his covenant people indeed.

Having seen “the end from the beginning” (Isaiah 46:10), Isaiah selectively draws on Israel’s ancient history in order to cover both time frames—the past and the future—the “end” being contained in the “beginning.” God’s people anciently, in other words, in the very events in which they participated, were predicting end-time events, something only God is capable of orchestrating: “Who predicts what happens as do I, and is the equal of me in appointing a people from of old as types, foretelling things to come? Be not perturbed or shaken. Have I not made it known to you from of old? Did I not foretell it, you being my witnesses?” (Isaiah 44:7–8).

When something in the past isn’t an exact type of the end-time, on the other hand, Isaiah may combine several types from the past to round out his prediction of the future. That is, he may use composites of types to portray a single end-time person or event. Isaiah’s Seven-Part Structure, for example, portrays both Babylon and the king of Babylon as composites of types, including the events associated with them. The end-time itself, moreover, consists of over thirty ancient events that repeat themselves—although in a different order—that are compressed into a single scenario of a few years known as the “Day of Jehovah” or God’s Day of Judgment.
The Lord HAS been preparing him, but has not revealed him;
but he may not even know who he is yet until the Lord empowers him;
and "when my God became my strength— " Isaiah 49:5
after the "trials he endures have served their purpose to purify, perfect, and sanctify him to a higher spiritual level,
thereby qualifying him for a new commission.
Jacob/Israel’s restoration, to which task he was foreordained (v 1), Jehovah augments with a mission
to serve as a light to the “nations” or “Gentiles”

you may want to take a look at this translation
https://www.isaiahexplained.com/commentary/49

Isaiah 49
Jehovah empowers his servant after he is rejected to restore his people and to implement their new exodus.

1 Hear me, O isles; listen, you distant peoples:Jehovah called me before I was in the belly;before I was in my mother’s womb,he mentioned me by name.

Jehovah having spoken of his servant (cf. Isaiah 41:1-3, 25-27; 42:1-7; 44:26-28; 45:1-6, 13; 46:11-13; 48:14-15), the servant speaks of himself, asserting Jehovah foreordained him before his mother conceived him. Jehovah’s “naming” him and “calling” him to an international mission—to “the isles” and “distant people”—signify ascent to the seraph category. Jehovah had likewise called Jeremiah to an international mission before his birth: “Before I formed you in the belly, I knew you. Before you came out of the womb, I sanctified you. I ordained you a prophet to the nations” (Jeremiah 1:5, 10).

2 He has made my mouth like a sharp sword—in the shadow of his hand he hid me. He has made me into a polished arrow—in his quiver he kept me secret.

Jehovah’s “hiding” and “secreting” his servant suggests that the world knows nothing of his calling until the time Jehovah empowers him.
Even Jehovah’s people don’t know him or are ignorant of him until he fulfills his mission:
“You will summon a nation that you did not know; a nation that did not know you will hasten to you” (Isaiah 55:5).
He himself, therefore, is one of the “new things” Jehovah does suddenly that test the loyalty of his people (Isaiah 42:9; 48:6-8; 51:4-11).
The terms mouth, sword, hand, and arrow designate Jehovah’s servant metaphorically (Isaiah 31:8; 51:16; 62:2-3).

3 He said to me, You are my servant,Israel, in whom I will be glorified.
4 I had thought, I have labored in vain,I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose!
Yet my cause rested with Jehovah,my recompense with my God.

Jehovah’s calling his servant “Israel” parallels Jehovah’s calling his people’s ancestor Jacob by his new name Israel after Jacob had proven loyal to him (Genesis 32:28). The servant’s receiving a new name, in other words—which the name Israel here symbolizes—attests to his ascent to a higher spiritual level after he has proven loyal to Jehovah. It also implies that he—Jehovah’s individual servant—serves as a surrogate of and as an exemplar to Jehovah’s collective servant; that is, to Jehovah’s people in the Jacob/Israel category to whom Jehovah sends him (vv 5-9; Isaiah 41:27; 42:6-7; 48:16).

One way the servant proves loyal is to continue laboring in Jehovah’s cause even in the face of few positive results. By all appearances, he at first spends a great deal of energy “in vain” and “for nothing and to no purpose.” And yet, desiring to serve Jehovah even under the most adversarial conditions (v 7; Isaiah 50:6-9; 52:13-14), he submits to Jehovah’s will:

“My Lord Jehovah has endowed me with a learned tongue, that I may know how to preach to those grown weary a word to wake them up” (Isaiah 50:4).
Before ascending to Isaiah’s seraph level, he descends through trials that consume him.

5 For now Jehovah has said—he who formed me from the womb to be his servant, to restore Jacob to him,Israel having been gathered to him; for I won honor in the eyes of Jehovah when my God became my strength—

6 he said: It is too small thing for you to be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to restore those preserved of Israel.
I will also appoint you to be a light to the nations, that my salvation may be to the end of the earth.

A reversal of circumstances takes place for Jehovah’s servant when the trials he endures have served their purpose to purify, perfect, and sanctify him to a higher spiritual level, thereby qualifying him for a new commission.
Jacob/Israel’s restoration, to which task he was foreordained (v 1), Jehovah augments with a mission to serve as a light to the “nations” or “Gentiles” (goyim) “to the end of the earth.” From there, Jehovah’s people are to return (Isaiah 41:8-9; 43:5-6), so that all who desire it might participate in Jehovah’s salvation and prepare for Jehovah’s coming as salvation (Isaiah 52:7; 62:11).

Jehovah “appoints” his servant when he “wins honor” in Jehovah’s eyes by proving faithful through trials (v 4), at which time his God becomes his “strength.”
The servant’s physical exploits that follow—subduing nations, releasing captives, leading the new exodus, and rebuilding ruins (Isaiah 9:2-5; 11:10-16; 41:2-3, 25; 45:1-3, 13; 48:14; 61:1-4)—should thus be seen in the context of an ascent phase of divine empowerment that follows his descent phase through afflictions as he fulfills his role of proxy savior to the Jacob/Israel category of Jehovah’s people under the terms of the Davidic Covenant.

7 Thus says Jehovah,the Redeemer and Holy One of Israel,to him who is despised as a person,who is abhorred by his nation,a servant to those in authority:Kings shall rise up when they see you, princes shall prostrate themselves,because Jehovah keeps faith with you,because the Holy One of Israel has chosen you.

Although Jehovah’s servant is at first “despised as a person” and “abhorred by his nation” as his own reject him,
Jehovah exalts him in the eyes of those who see him as a threat to their authority.
Jehovah rewards his servant’s faithfulness toward him in the face of opposition with his own acts of faithfulness toward his servant.
Henceforth, as the servant begins the temporal phase of Jacob/Israel’s restoration, he becomes prominent worldwide (Isaiah 11:10-12; 52:15; 55:5). Kings and princes now honor him who was dishonored and assist in the restoration of Jehovah’s people (vv 22-23; Isaiah 60:3-11).

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

Michael Sherwin wrote: August 30th, 2019, 8:20 pm
Mahalanobis Distance wrote: August 30th, 2019, 5:32 pm If I were there a super special end-times servant and had heavenly visitations paired with undeniable manifestations of the Holy Ghost and new revelations etc, the last thing I would do is go to some anonymous online forum and try to get validation from faceless strangers. I would want face-to-face interaction where folks could gaze into my countenance and feel/experience the message I had.

I'm on board with the end times servant concept, but this these folks just have so many red flags to me.

I think the reason we see them congregate here is that this site is very relaxed in its rules due to the libertarian-minded ideology of its founder (which is fine). So these folks get banned elsewhere then wind up here.

I'm against social credit schemes (such as letting them stay on the site, but flagging their avatar with a red exclamation mark after enough people have registered complaints), but we all know that happens subconsciously anyways. After a while you know whose posts to ignore.
Thanks, what a wonderful idea!
!
?

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Being There wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 8:39 pm

also to the Gentiles."

"HAVE BEEN AND SHALL BE"

Isaiah 46

Isaiah 42
indeed came to pass,

after the "trials he endures have served their purpose to purify, perfect, and sanctify him to a higher spiritual level,
Jacob/Israel’s restoration, to which task he was foreordained (v 1), Jehovah augments with a mission

Isaiah 49
Jehovah empowers his servant after he is rejected to restore his people and to implement their new exodus.

1 Hear me, O isles; listen, you distant peoples:Jehovah called me before I was in the belly;before I was in my mother’s womb,he mentioned me by name.

Jehovah having spoken of his servant (cf. Isaiah 41:1-3, 25-27; 42:1-7; 44:26-28; 45:1-6, 13; 46:11-13; 48:14-15), the servant speaks of himself, asserting Jehovah foreordained him before his mother conceived him. Jehovah’s “naming” him and “calling” him to an international mission—to “the isles” and “distant people”—signify ascent to the seraph category. Jehovah had likewise called Jeremiah to an international mission before his birth: “Before I formed you in the belly, I knew you. Before you came out of the womb, I sanctified you. I ordained you a prophet to the nations” (Jeremiah 1:5, 10).

2 He has made my mouth like a sharp sword—in the shadow of his hand he hid me. He has made me into a polished arrow—in his quiver he kept me secret.

Jehovah’s “hiding” and “secreting” his servant suggests that the world knows nothing of his calling until the time Jehovah empowers him.
Even Jehovah’s people don’t know him or are ignorant of him until he fulfills his mission:
“You will summon a nation that you did not know; a nation that did not know you will hasten to you” (Isaiah 55:5).
He himself, therefore, is one of the “new things” Jehovah does suddenly that test the loyalty of his people (Isaiah 42:9; 48:6-8; 51:4-11).
The terms mouth, sword, hand, and arrow designate Jehovah’s servant metaphorically (Isaiah 31:8; 51:16; 62:2-3).

4 I had thought, I have labored in vain,I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose!

Jehovah’s calling his servant “Israel” parallels Jehovah’s calling his people’s ancestor Jacob by his new name Israel after Jacob had proven loyal to him (Genesis 32:28). The servant’s receiving a new name, in other words—which the name Israel here symbolizes—attests to his ascent to a higher spiritual level after he has proven loyal to Jehovah. It also implies that he—Jehovah’s individual servant—serves as a surrogate of and as an exemplar to Jehovah’s collective servant; that is, to Jehovah’s people in the Jacob/Israel category to whom Jehovah sends him (vv 5-9; Isaiah 41:27; 42:6-7; 48:16).

One way the servant proves loyal is to continue laboring in Jehovah’s cause even in the face of few positive results. By all appearances, he at first spends a great deal of energy “in vain” and “for nothing and to no purpose.” And yet, desiring to serve Jehovah even under the most adversarial conditions (v 7; Isaiah 50:6-9; 52:13-14), he submits to Jehovah’s will:

“My Lord Jehovah has endowed me with a learned tongue, that I may know how to preach to those grown weary a word to wake them up” (Isaiah 50:4).
Before ascending to Isaiah’s seraph level, he descends through trials that consume him.

5 For now Jehovah has said—he who formed me from the womb to be his servant, to restore Jacob to him,Israel having been gathered to him; for I won honor in the eyes of Jehovah when my God became my strength—

6 he said: It is too small thing for you to be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to restore those preserved of Israel.
I will also appoint you to be a light to the nations, that my salvation may be to the end of the earth.

A reversal of circumstances takes place for Jehovah’s servant when the trials he endures have served their purpose to purify, perfect, and sanctify him to a higher spiritual level, thereby qualifying him for a new commission.
Jacob/Israel’s restoration, to which task he was foreordained (v 1), Jehovah augments with a mission to serve as a light to the “nations” or “Gentiles” (goyim) “to the end of the earth.” From there, Jehovah’s people are to return (Isaiah 41:8-9; 43:5-6), so that all who desire it might participate in Jehovah’s salvation and prepare for Jehovah’s coming as salvation (Isaiah 52:7; 62:11).

Jehovah “appoints” his servant when he “wins honor” in Jehovah’s eyes by proving faithful through trials (v 4), at which time his God becomes his “strength.”
The servant’s physical exploits that follow—subduing nations, releasing captives, leading the new exodus, and rebuilding ruins (Isaiah 9:2-5; 11:10-16; 41:2-3, 25; 45:1-3, 13; 48:14; 61:1-4)—should thus be seen in the context of an ascent phase of divine empowerment that follows his descent phase through afflictions as he fulfills his role of proxy savior to the Jacob/Israel category of Jehovah’s people under the terms of the Davidic Covenant.

7 Thus says Jehovah,the Redeemer and Holy One of Israel,to him who is despised as a person,who is abhorred by his nation,a servant to those in authority:Kings shall rise up when they see you, princes shall prostrate themselves,because Jehovah keeps faith with you,because the Holy One of Israel has chosen you.

Although Jehovah’s servant is at first “despised as a person” and “abhorred by his nation” as his own reject him,
Jehovah exalts him in the eyes of those who see him as a threat to their authority.
Jehovah rewards his servant’s faithfulness toward him in the face of opposition with his own acts of faithfulness toward his servant.
Henceforth, as the servant begins the temporal phase of Jacob/Israel’s restoration, he becomes prominent worldwide (Isaiah 11:10-12; 52:15; 55:5). Kings and princes now honor him who was dishonored and assist in the restoration of Jehovah’s people (vv 22-23; Isaiah 60:3-11).
Gileadi is a starting point. No use camping out there.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

abijah wrote: January 25th, 2023, 1:18 pm

also to the Gentiles."

"HAVE BEEN AND SHALL BE"

Isaiah 46

Isaiah 42
indeed came to pass,

Isaiah 49

There are better places to camp. 8-)

Of this we can be sure ❗️

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

mahalanobis wrote: August 30th, 2019, 5:32 pm I'm against social credit schemes (such as letting them stay on the site, but flagging their avatar with a red exclamation mark after enough people have registered complaints), but we all know that happens subconsciously anyways. After a while you know whose posts to ignore.
Just read this and realised where this “red exclamation mark club” thing came from.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

also to the Gentiles."

"HAVE BEEN AND SHALL BE"

Isaiah 46

Isaiah 42
indeed came to pass,

Isaiah 49

actually, it's the only place to camp out - which is the best thing to do;
until you think you know more than he does -
which most likely will never happen.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Being There wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 8:36 pm

also to the Gentiles."

"HAVE BEEN AND SHALL BE"

Isaiah 46

Isaiah 42
indeed came to pass,

Isaiah 49

actually, it's the only place to camp out - which is the best thing to do;
there's lots of truth out there for those who can discern. TBMs are trapped in the mind prison that the only legitimate truth that can be relied upon is from one solitary source (the Church leadership - as opposed to the Spirit), and that nowhere else can one learn or gain anything.

You are in the same mind prison, except you've switched the Brethren for Gileadi.

It's TBM conditioning to make people think there's only ever one Source™ for actual Truth®

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Unfortunately a lot of our lives are boring and for the person pretending and for their followers, they can work together to create a kind of imaginary situation that feels like something interesting is going on. I think that's the "giving people the benefit of the doubt" perspective and viewing the situation in an empathetic and somewhat positive perspective.