You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens - Rumi

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens - Rumi

Post by Cruiserdude »

Thinker wrote: May 16th, 2021, 11:11 am Image
I love this. 😇
I saw an episode about Japan on PBS or something like that and they mentioned this, how the repaired pottery was stronger and more beautiful and I thought that was the coolest thing.
It's like the same principle for us, Heavenly Father's children. We break/Life breaks us down and then He rebuilds us through Christ and His power (which is pure love = charity, which includes His use of us in each other's storylines/lives)..... and then somehow we're supposedly more beautiful this way,.... all weathered and beat up BUT 'repaired'. 🤣
That pottery stuff is really cool though. The Japanese seem to have a beautiful delicate side to their culture.
And on our human parallel to the repaired pottery, we need to realize our repaired brokenness is what gives us value and worth and allows God to use us in His plan of bringing to pass immortality and eternal life of man.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Cruiserdude wrote: May 16th, 2021, 12:22 pmwe need to realize our repaired brokenness is what gives us value and worth and allows God to use us in His plan of bringing to pass immortality and eternal life of man.
Profound. Makes me want to cry because I am so broken.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Silver Pie wrote: May 16th, 2021, 4:11 pm
Cruiserdude wrote: May 16th, 2021, 12:22 pmwe need to realize our repaired brokenness is what gives us value and worth and allows God to use us in His plan of bringing to pass immortality and eternal life of man.
Correction: we have BEEN so broken in the past. 😉😁
We become of much more use to Him and His plan once we endeavor to be repaired.... All we have to do is desire it sincerely in our hearts and He promises a way to make it happen for us, that our actions will follow suit after our hearts and He will repair the rest. It's true. I've experienced it.
Also, little did we understand that our 'breaks' (after they're repaired with those beautiful gold accents by the Master 😉) end up being counted for our good and towards our righteousness!
Our 'repaired breaks' allow us to have perspective and to show compassion and charity for our brothers and sisters and their trials and challenges....
I'll shut it lol, I ramble too much about important stuff like this 😇

Prana
captain of 100

Post by Prana »

You really make me want to hug you. Brokenness has been a frequent visitor to many of us. My soul bows to yours in recognition.

neverendingthoughts
captain of 100

Post by neverendingthoughts »

Hang in there. This is all part of the experience. You are not alone and I entirely believe you can do this.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Davka wrote: August 19th, 2019, 4:55 am Have you hear this song? It is a favorite of mine and this quote makes me think of it. It’s called “Broken.”
Broken clouds give rain
Broken soil grows grain
Broken bread feeds man for one more day
Broken storms yield light
The break of day heals night
Broken pride turns blindness into sight

Broken souls that need His mending
Broken hearts for offering
Could it be that God loves broken things

Broken chains set free
Broken swords bring peace
Broken walls make friends of you and me
To break the ranks of sin
To break the news of Him
To put on Christ till His name feels broken in

Broken souls that need His mending
Broken hearts for offering
I believe that God loves broken things

And yet, our broken faith, our broken promises
Sent love to the cross
And still, that broken flesh, that broken heart of His
Offers us such grace and mercy
Covers us with love undeserving

This broken soul that cries for mending
This broken heart for offering
I'm convinced that God loves broken me
Praise His name—my God loves broken things
So, broken cloud—Give rain
And broken soil—Grow grain
And broken bread—Feed man for one more day
O Sister, Where Art Thou?

Edit: Nevermind...looks like she deleted her account

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Cruiserdude wrote: May 16th, 2021, 12:22 pm I love this. 😇
...It's like the same principle for us, Heavenly Father's children. We break/Life breaks us down and then He rebuilds us through Christ and His power (which is pure love = charity, which includes His use of us in each other's storylines/lives)..... and then somehow we're supposedly more beautiful this way,.... all weathered and beat up BUT 'repaired'. 🤣
True.
In our labeling, disposable, plastic-surgery culture, it’s not as easy to see how the wear and tear could increase - not decrease - value. But God looks on the heart.

I may have shared this...
When I was a kid - I was teased for being ugly. At the time I was heart-broken. I remember running to the school bathroom & crying. Ha - I even blamed my parents for daring to have such an ugly child. 😄 But then I thought, “If people won’t like me because of my looks, maybe they’ll be won over by a dazzling personality.” So I worked on myself as much as I could. When I was called “naive” I set out to correct that. I cared too much what others thought - still do but better. And I have so much more to learn, but little by little.

Positive disintegration is very unpopular because it suggests that weaknesses are not to be medicated, but serve important purposes. Like this scripture:
  • ”I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." - Ether 12:27

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Prana wrote: May 16th, 2021, 6:56 pmYou really make me want to hug you. Brokenness has been a frequent visitor to many of us. My soul bows to yours in recognition.
neverendingthoughts wrote: May 16th, 2021, 9:48 pm Hang in there. This is all part of the experience. You are not alone and I entirely believe you can do this.
Thank you, to both of you.