Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

Re: Who Were You Expecting?

Post by Michael Sherwin »

simpleton wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 6:06 pm
Michael Sherwin wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 3:47 pm
Alaris wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 3:18 pm
Michael Sherwin wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 2:43 pm

It was gradual starting in the year 2000 when my story went into high gear. But I denied it until something absolutely impossible happened in September of 2014 that made me look up and declare my belief. You can read (if you have not already) my thread in "Introduce Yourself". I would appreciate if we picked up this conversation there. My comments elsewhere were not meant as a coming out but only to share what I believe the Lord has revealed to me. You're right I am not perfect and you have shown that but you used it as evidence I am not him yet the Bible as you say indicates he is not perfect so your assertion is illogical in that respect. And I did wait almost 20 years before I came out. And I only came out because I have been all alone in this and loneliness of not being able to share something like this is very weighing on one after so many years. So maybe you could cut me a little slack on that. Please read my story in "Introduce Yourself" and let's continue from there!
Do you mind pointing out specifically how you came to the conclusion? If you can even copy and paste from your story above, as it was not clear to me what this awakening event was (may be my own weakness here) - I just want to be clear.

Again, you're being defensive when I really am not attacking you but sharing concerns. Try to see this from my perspective. I've been writing about and posting about the Davidic Servant for years. I certainly don't have a perfect understanding, but I do have more time spent studying this than perhaps most folks. As such, I have concerns and I have expressed them respectfully - or at least that is certainly the spirit intended.

So - once you have singled out your awakening moment - please and thank you - then we can discuss how the servant arises and is recognized. How the Lord recognizing Him is everything.
It was not any one thing. It was the totality of my complete story. Even the 90+% of my story that I have not shared. It is not any one thing. But there was a moment that I was forced to declare my belief because I couldn't take the torment any longer.
Anyway, the 57s ended one day in September of 2014 when I was playing an online video game. The 57s were coming at me in the game far more than usual. I looked up and said, "this just has to be a coincidence this time and I dare anyone to prove me wrong" Just then my computer glitched and 57s started scrolling up the screen. I was too shocked to start counting right away but when I did start counting I counted 52 57s before it stopped. I can guess that about 5 57s scrolled up the screen before I started counting but I can't be sure. When it stopped I looked up again and said, "I believe, this time I really do believe, please stop doing this to me". And it stopped!
Personally I think this Servant was born at the time that God told Joseph, " Joseph my son, If thou live until thou art 85 thou wilt see the face of the Son of Man"
Might not be quoted exactly but the point is made...
Joseph would have been 85 in what 1890-91?
But IMO, Josephs martyrdom in no wise negated that statement/prediction.
Well good, I can just ignore everything that has happened in my life. Maybe I'd be happier. Anyway I know of that prophecy. And I know that it baffles even the most versed supporters of Joseph Smith. Even they say it never happened. But hope springs eternal. If he was here who was he and what did he do. Was he one of the Church presidents? He is supposed to be the Elias for Jesus return. Jesus has not returned yet so the DS must still be here waiting to be anointed. He'd only be at the least 129 years old. But God did say that he would preserve him alive. Anything is possible with God!

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

simpleton wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 6:06 pm Personally I think this Servant was born at the time that God told Joseph, " Joseph my son, If thou live until thou art 85 thou wilt see the face of the Son of Man"
I'm not sure what you mean here. The Davidic Servant was born when God told Joseph Smith if thou live... So... One of the early saints is the Davidic Servant or a contemporary of the times?

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Alaris wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 6:39 pm
simpleton wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 6:06 pm Personally I think this Servant was born at the time that God told Joseph, " Joseph my son, If thou live until thou art 85 thou wilt see the face of the Son of Man"
I'm not sure what you mean here. The Davidic Servant was born when God told Joseph Smith if thou live... So... One of the early saints is the Davidic Servant or a contemporary of the times?
In 1890.... 1891...ish

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

simpleton wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 6:44 pm
In 1890.... 1891...ish
So who do you have in mind? Is he still alive?

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

At this time I dont know. But some ideas have most definitely been presented throughout the years. I do know of some claimants that have presented themselves to the church during that approximate time. But not one has done anything to date. And none are alive that I've heard of, born in that era.

ori
captain of 1,000

Post by ori »

Stahura wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 4:28 pm
Alaris wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 4:02 pm
Michael Sherwin wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 3:47 pm It was not any one thing. It was the totality of my complete story. Even the 90+% of my story that I have not shared. It is not any one thing. But there was a moment that I was forced to declare my belief because I couldn't take the torment any longer.
Yeah see ... this is the defining moment when God tells his servant to awake and arise. I don't think he will be torturing his servant with coincidences ... torturing sounds more like the devil's work. And, I've heard this before from other claimants who also couldn't single out a core, awakening moment. There is one by the way. It's in Isaiah.

I was born on 4/4/77 at 11:11. I see 4s and 7s and 11ses all over the place. My parents were going to name me "Chance" -- then "Cameron" which means crooked nose (apologies to any actual camerons on this blog ;) ;) )

Does that make me the Davidic Servant? Should I publicize all of my numerical coincidences? I've had spiritual experiences listening to heavy metal too, believe it or not, and a recent one at that! haha! That does seem rather coincidental to me as well, but not in the affirmative for someone who comes here with no meat and who seems to suggest the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is lost.

Thanks for your time Michael! I'll say a prayer for you that perhaps you can have an actual core experience that confirms to you one way or the other as to who you really are. That and you'll see President Nelson is indeed the Lord's prophet. :)
Are you denying the Holy Ghost??
What in the world?!?!! I won’t lie, I think this wasn’t a great comment.

I mean, I can’t tell if you’re joking. And if you’re not joking... what do you mean?

Edit ..... sorry. I get the joke now. And it IS a good one. Hahah!
Last edited by ori on June 23rd, 2019, 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

simpleton wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 7:04 pm At this time I dont know. But some ideas have most definitely been presented throughout the years. I do know of some claimants that have presented themselves to the church during that approximate time. But not one has done anything to date. And none are alive that I've heard of, born in that era.
Interesting idea. Thanks for sharing.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

ori wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 7:07 pm
Michael Sherwin wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 3:47 pm It was not any one thing. It was the totality of my complete story. Even the 90+% of my story that I have not shared. It is not any one thing. But there was a moment that I was forced to declare my belief because I couldn't take the torment any longer.
Yeah see ... this is the defining moment when God tells his servant to awake and arise. I don't think he will be torturing his servant with coincidences ... torturing sounds more like the devil's work. And, I've heard this before from other claimants who also couldn't single out a core, awakening moment. There is one by the way. It's in Isaiah.

I was born on 4/4/77 at 11:11. I see 4s and 7s and 11ses all over the place. My parents were going to name me "Chance" -- then "Cameron" which means crooked nose (apologies to any actual camerons on this blog ;) ;) )

Does that make me the Davidic Servant? Should I publicize all of my numerical coincidences? I've had spiritual experiences listening to heavy metal too, believe it or not, and a recent one at that! haha! That does seem rather coincidental to me as well, but not in the affirmative for someone who comes here with no meat and who seems to suggest the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is lost.

Thanks for your time Michael! I'll say a prayer for you that perhaps you can have an actual core experience that confirms to you one way or the other as to who you really are. That and you'll see President Nelson is indeed the Lord's prophet. :)
It was an inside joke. No biggie. I don't think Stahura meant it as mockery to Michael but as teasery to me. And it was a good one at that.

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

Alaris wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 7:09 pm

It was an inside joke. No biggie. I don't think Stahura meant it as mockery to Michael but as teasery to me. And it was a good one at that.
Or maybe Stahura thinks my story has some basis in truth. Probably not but I thought I'd insert my nose in my own thread. I thought you were outta here?

ori
captain of 1,000

Post by ori »

Michael Sherwin wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 7:28 pm
Or maybe Stahura thinks my story has some basis in truth. Probably not but I thought I'd insert my nose in my own thread. I thought you were outta here?
Nah, it’s not a comment about you. Now that I get the joke, I think Alaris is right that it’s just a tease to Alaris and nothing about you at all.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

I mean, I can’t tell if you’re joking. And if you’re not joking... what do you mean?

Edit ..... sorry. I get the joke now. And it IS a good one. Hahah!
:lol:

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

I’ve got nothin to say on a topic I haven’t prayed or studied about :) perhaps I’ll throw my opinion out there once I have.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Perhaps a reread is in order. Is there a charitable way to point out to someone that both their insecurity and reading comprehension betrays the claim they are making?

After all my talk I'm genuinely trying to come up with a charitable response here. I'll give you kudos again for bravery, and I'll concede again the alignment on you birthday is compelling. I'll even self deprecate at my own struggles of reading comprehension to which Stahura of all people can attest legitimately.

However you've come here testifying of yourself and I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way. You've given very little in the way of compelling reason for folks to consider, the least of which is the apparent bashing of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Then you are assuming everyone is out to get you when they are clearly not.

I will admit Isaiah 28 predicts an Ephraimic rejection. Whomever the Lord has chosen, that man will very likely rest easy in the confidence of the Lord.

How about I tell a joke to lighten the mood and prove the point.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, The Rock, and Chuck Norris all go camping. As they stand around the campfire, Stallone starts bragging about all the men he's killed onscreen. He claims he's killed over 5,000 men. "That's nothing," Arnold says in his yarr voice. "I've killed over ten thousand men onscreen!" "Ha!" The Rock laughs. "I'm nearly there and my career ain't over! In fact I've won wrestling championships!" And as the three of them start arguing and shouting about the legitimacy of wrestling championships Chuck Norris just smiled to himself and shook his head as he stirred the campfires coals with his bare hands.

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

ori wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 7:36 pm

Nah, it’s not a comment about you. Now that I get the joke, I think Alaris is right that it’s just a tease to Alaris and nothing about you at all.
I was just kidding :lol: Mine was meant as a tease to Alaris as well. :)

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

Alaris wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 7:51 pm

Perhaps a reread is in order. Is there a charitable way to point out to someone that both their insecurity and reading comprehension betrays the claim they are making?

After all my talk I'm genuinely trying to come up with a charitable response here. I'll give you kudos again for bravery, and I'll concede again the alignment on you birthday is compelling. I'll even self deprecate at my own struggles of reading comprehension to which Stahura of all people can attest legitimately.

However you've come here testifying of yourself and I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way. You've given very little in the way of compelling reason for folks to consider, the least of which is the apparent bashing of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Then you are assuming everyone is out to get you when they are clearly not.

I will admit Isaiah 28 predicts an Ephraimic rejection. Whomever the Lord has chosen, that man will very likely rest easy in the confidence of the Lord.

How about I tell a joke to lighten the mood and prove the point.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, The Rock, and Chuck Norris all go camping. As they stand around the campfire, Stallone starts bragging about all the men he's killed onscreen. He claims he's killed over 5,000 men. "That's nothing," Arnold says in his yarr voice. "I've killed over ten thousand men onscreen!" "Ha!" The Rock laughs. "I'm nearly there and my career ain't over! In fact I've won wrestling championships!" And as the three of them start arguing and shouting about the legitimacy of wrestling championships Chuck Norris just smiled to himself and shook his head as he stirred the campfires coals with his bare hands.
Yes I think you are right you should reread my story carefully and with comprehension. Then maybe you can pray on it. And if you do not get an answer pray again. Then maybe you will honor your pledge to discuss this with me. And your joke places you as the Chuck Norris character because you obviously have the power to make hand gestures to be the master of my story. Anyway, thanks for the disingenuous kudos. Although when you mention the alignment you do sound genuine. Maybe it seems a little bit too compelling to totally dismiss. I guess I'll take that as a plus. Maybe there is still hope to work on this?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

It wasn't disingenuous. And I'm way too chatty to be Chuck Norris. If you didn't pick up on the intended meaning does that mean we can now refer to it as the Parable of Chuck Norris? :)

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Edgar Alan Poe :D

https://ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.p ... ns#p826390

There’s an instance of weirdness to include Poe.

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

Alaris wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 8:26 pm It wasn't disingenuous. And I'm way too chatty to be Chuck Norris. If you didn't pick up on the intended meaning does that mean we can now refer to it as the Parable of Chuck Norris? :)
I'm honest, I'll admit that I do not know the meaning you are alluding to. It can have so many meanings depending upon one's frame of reference. But here is how I see it. Chuck is far far above the others that he can just ignore their boasting. We the observers of Chuck using his hands to stir the coals shows us his superiority. Long story short the true DS would not be so verbal but the false ones would be boisterous about it. So on one hand you say that the DS is better than what I am showing you that I am. On the other hand you said that the DS is far from perfect and that the scriptures show that. You can't have it both ways. You can't say I'm not him because I'm flawed and then say he is flawed because you think I sound as though I'm not flawed. You are using the argument of the moment to get the upper hand. That is disingenuous at worst and just bad logic at best.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Michael Sherwin wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 8:56 pm
Alaris wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 8:26 pm It wasn't disingenuous. And I'm way too chatty to be Chuck Norris. If you didn't pick up on the intended meaning does that mean we can now refer to it as the Parable of Chuck Norris? :)
I'm honest, I'll admit that I do not know the meaning you are alluding to. It can have so many meanings depending upon one's frame of reference. But here is how I see it. Chuck is far far above the others that he can just ignore their boasting. We the observers of Chuck using his hands to stir the coals shows us his superiority. Long story short the true DS would not be so verbal but the false ones would be boisterous about it. So on one hand you say that the DS is better than what I am showing you that I am. On the other hand you said that the DS is far from perfect and that the scriptures show that. You can't have it both ways. You can't say I'm not him because I'm flawed and then say he is flawed because you think I sound as though I'm not flawed. You are using the argument of the moment to get the upper hand. That is disingenuous at worst and just bad logic at best.
Nope. No insult to you intended and no hidden compliment to me. Here is the interpretation. This is all just talk. You. Me. We.

What do you believe is the meaning of being the Davidic Servant? What is his role? What are the proverbial coals he'll be moving with his hands?

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

Alaris wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 9:41 pm
Nope. No insult to you intended and no hidden compliment to me. Here is the interpretation. This is all just talk. You. Me. We.

What do you believe is the meaning of being the Davidic Servant? What is his role? What are the proverbial coals he'll be moving with his hands?
Everything you are saying now is riddles and nothing I can say will be correct so you can appear to others to be on top. I am not into your game. When you want to stop talking in riddles we can continue. Maybe you can actually use scripture. I hear that you are very prolific at that.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Michael Sherwin wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 11:18 pm

Everything you are saying now is riddles and nothing I can say will be correct so you can appear to others to be on top. I am not into your game. When you want to stop talking in riddles we can continue. Maybe you can actually use scripture. I hear that you are very prolific at that.
The last post was literally, well literal!

I appreciate the compliment. I have a blog - lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com - and almost 4000 posts here with at least as many verses of scripture within them.

The questions I asked in my last post were meant to Kickstart a genuine guileless discussion founded in scripture. I promise I intend you no ill will. In fact, unlike some unnamed smaller minded individuals, I don't think you must be the Davidic Servant or you're crazy like those are the only possibilities. I'm happy to name a few if you'd like, and I'm sure I'm much smaller minded than to be able to name anywhere near all the possibilities.

You can't seem to get a read on my intent which is ironic given your claimed psychic abilities and the frightened seer who couldn't get a read on you. I do appreciate you sharing your pearls here but again...

For someone who is claiming to be the Davidic Servant you've given precious little to go off of here. So, pretty please answer the questions I asked.

Also, can you confirm the whispering to read Daniel 4 is what you would consider your core experience? I'm happy to read Daniel 4 with an open heart and a prayer. I hope you will carry the same with you.

Thank you

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

Alaris wrote: June 24th, 2019, 12:44 am
Michael Sherwin wrote: June 23rd, 2019, 11:18 pm

The last post was literally, well literal!

I appreciate the compliment. I have a blog - lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com - and almost 4000 posts here with at least as many verses of scripture within them.

The questions I asked in my last post were meant to Kickstart a genuine guileless discussion founded in scripture. I promise I intend you no ill will. In fact, unlike some unnamed smaller minded individuals, I don't think you must be the Davidic Servant or you're crazy like those are the only possibilities. I'm happy to name a few if you'd like, and I'm sure I'm much smaller minded than to be able to name anywhere near all the possibilities.

You can't seem to get a read on my intent which is ironic given your claimed psychic abilities and the frightened seer who couldn't get a read on you. I do appreciate you sharing your pearls here but again...

For someone who is claiming to be the Davidic Servant you've given precious little to go off of here. So, pretty please answer the questions I asked.

Also, can you confirm the whispering to read Daniel 4 is what you would consider your core experience? I'm happy to read Daniel 4 with an open heart and a prayer. I hope you will carry the same with you.

Thank you
The Davidic Servant is a messenger, teacher, gatherer, protector and Jesus' right arm. He is the incarnation of the last of the seven Spirits of God to go out into all the earth. The Lord names him although in his present state he does not know the Lord. The Lord will preserve him alive. The Lord will test him severely and put many obstacles in his way. The Lord will lift him up. The Lord will name his name upon him. He will rule the nations. He will return back to merge with the Lamb with seven horns and seven eyes which are the seven Spirits of God and he will go no more out.

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

I just found this on the internet.
Many Christians believe this to be Christ but we LDS know better per D&C 113 which identifies this man as the offspring of Ephraim and Judah upon whom is laid much power.
My Dad's side of the Family is Ephraim. My cousin Brenda on my mom's side was dating a Jewish guy. They wanted to get married. There was a belief in the family that my mom's parents are descended from Jews. So that claim was investigated but could not be substantiated. In the end the Jewish guy was forbade to marry my cousin. So this is just one more data point in my story that seems to fit. LOL It never ends.

Peeps
captain of 1,000

Post by Peeps »

Michael Sherwin wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 6:11 pm
Rand wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 2:19 pm Iron Maiden and the Omen movies as the origins of your divine calling? That is unique.
If you only knew! My story ties me to the ac in so many ways. I do not think I am him. I know I'm not him and I don't understand why all the connections. It is scary. And I don't share that part of my story.
Maybe you're an anti-Anti-Christ? The mark of the beast is probably already here with all the rage of going cashless, and people are putting these RFID chips in their hands, the altar for the temple (Jewish one) was consecrated during Hanukkah, another lamb was sacrificed during Passover, several candidates for the red heifer have been identified, 3rd temple prefabricated and ready to go up (it doesn't have to be where the dome of the rock is according to rabbis now), fish are swimming in the Dead Sea,--- but if you're not going to go in that temple, proclaim yourself to be God with your side kick false prophet, nah, you ain't it.

Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

Peeps wrote: June 24th, 2019, 9:09 am
Michael Sherwin wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 6:11 pm
Rand wrote: June 22nd, 2019, 2:19 pm Iron Maiden and the Omen movies as the origins of your divine calling? That is unique.
If you only knew! My story ties me to the ac in so many ways. I do not think I am him. I know I'm not him and I don't understand why all the connections. It is scary. And I don't share that part of my story.
Maybe you're an anti-Anti-Christ? The mark of the beast is probably already here with all the rage of going cashless, and people are putting these RFID chips in their hands, the altar for the temple (Jewish one) was consecrated during Hanukkah, another lamb was sacrificed during Passover, several candidates for the red heifer have been identified, 3rd temple prefabricated and ready to go up (it doesn't have to be where the dome of the rock is according to rabbis now), fish are swimming in the Dead Sea,--- but if you're not going to go in that temple, proclaim yourself to be God with your side kick false prophet, nah, you ain't it.
As long as the number of anti is even I'm thinking I might be okay with that. The Spirit is not giving me anything about this anti anti thing. Most of the time when the Spirit is active it is in a medium loudness. When it came time for me to go to the temple the Spirit became very loud and said it was not for me. When I tried to ignore that as my own imagination the Spirit became 7 times louder and put such a fear in me I started to shake. And it said again it is not for you. When I asked why the Spirit said, you are not from this world, it does not apply to you. That is a bit paraphrased but it is the jist of it.