I will miss the forum

Tell us about yourself...
ElizaRSkousen
captain of 100

I will miss the forum

Post by ElizaRSkousen »

I decided I’m leaving social media behind.

I’ll miss y’all ! (If you were real....)

Eliza

eddie
captain of 1,000

Re: I will miss the forum

Post by eddie »

We are real! Have we offended you? No one here is offensive. 🙄

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Goodbye and good luck! Hope to see you on the other side.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

ElizaRSkousen wrote: March 21st, 2019, 7:49 pm I decided I’m leaving social media behind.

Eliza
NoooOOoooOoooo ... *sadness* :*(

Hey ldsfreedomforum.com is not social media - rather anti-social media, so it doesn't count and you can stay!

The Airbender
captain of 1,000

Post by The Airbender »

No, we are just a figment of your imagination!

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

If you come back, will you make a new user name, or still use your current one?

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

I remember when Dusty52 left. He was back within a few days.

Bro Jones left a couple of times amid lengthy farewells, but he still comes back now and then.

I've been gone for periods just because my mind was on other things.

Everyone who's ever announced they're leaving has come back, I think.

Announcing you're leaving is like a self-challenge, it seems.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

We'll miss you too! I hope permanent doesn't stay permanent (unless you need it to!)

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

You can go home anytime you like but you can never leave.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Eliza! I will miss you.

But, I understand.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Few people know this but most of the accounts on this site are just Brian talking to himself . . .

Okay, not really. I'm real. I'm more real online than in person. It gets ugly sometimes.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

ElizaRSkousen wrote: March 21st, 2019, 7:49 pm I decided I’m leaving social media behind.

Eliza
I understand... but here I will modify a few quotes for you:

For Evil to win, all is needed IS for Good men and women, to do nothing!

If one feels like it is time to duck, bowing ones head and closing your eyes is not enough!

When G_d is about to bring forth judgments upon a people, He always has the righteous few who are listening, gather out into the wilderness!

Trust in the Messiah, who is mighty to save, and have joy and rejoicing it His love, for the kingdom belongs to such!

So, what am I saying? Walk softly, but carry a big stick, speak to those who will listen, gather with like-minded people in the waste places and wilderness, and have a full heart, without fear... for all thing shall pass away, but His redemption is sure.

If your are ever on the Western Slope of Colorado, look us up, Shiloh Springs (Farm),
Shalom my friend.
Last edited by Kingdom of ZION on March 22nd, 2019, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Davka
captain of 1,000

Post by Davka »

Alaris wrote: March 21st, 2019, 8:26 pm

Eliza
NoooOOoooOoooo ... *sadness* :*(

Hey ldsfreedomforum.com is not social media - rather anti-social media, so it doesn't count and you can stay!
Yeah I kind of feel like if normal social media like FB and Instagram is the cool kids corner of the high school hallways, this is the misfit corner where the emos, poets, smart kids, druggies, and weirdos in general hang out.

I always hated walking past the cool kids corner. It's probably why I come here and avoid FB and Instagram.

Best of luck, Eliza! I'll miss your perspective.

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

5tev3 wrote: March 21st, 2019, 9:45 pm You can go home anytime you like but you can never leave.
;)

This quote is reminiscent of the adage about how one can leave the Church or Mormonism but never leave it alone.

More importantly, Eliza, I'm sorry you would equate a forum, any forum, with social media. Granted, there are some general similarities, but at least forums aren't designed to manipulate you like certain social media sites. *ahemFakebookahem*

justme
captain of 1,000

Post by justme »

ParticleMan wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 8:11 am
5tev3 wrote: March 21st, 2019, 9:45 pm You can go home anytime you like but you can never leave.
;)

This quote is reminiscent of the adage about how one can leave the Church or Mormonism but never leave it alone.

More importantly, Eliza, I'm sorry you would equate a forum, any forum, with social media. Granted, there are some general similarities, but at least forums aren't designed to manipulate you like certain social media sites. *ahemFakebookahem*
Shouldn't the quote be "You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave"
I truly feel sorry for those who do not recognize it.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Alaris wrote: March 21st, 2019, 8:26 pmHey ldsfreedomforum.com is not social media
Right. This site was around before social media was a big thing. There was no Twitter or Instagram and Facebook was only available to college campuses at the time.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

Social media, forums, heck, even blogs and other websites can be a huge time suck. Whenever I take a break from them it's because I don't like how I'm using my time.
I wish you the best, you will be missed too. You know, if you were real.

Theoden76
captain of 100

Post by Theoden76 »

Chip wrote: March 21st, 2019, 9:39 pm I remember when Dusty52 left. He was back within a few days.

Bro Jones left a couple of times amid lengthy farewells, but he still comes back now and then.

I've been gone for periods just because my mind was on other things.

Everyone who's ever announced they're leaving has come back, I think.

Announcing you're leaving is like a self-challenge, it seems.
I've learned over the years that these boards actually become communities of a sort.

Even when we are yelling at each other, we still know and enjoy each other at some level.