Welcome Heretics, Non-Mainstream, Unorthodox, Heterodox, Etc.

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Welcome Heretics, Non-Mainstream, Unorthodox, Heterodox, Etc.

Post by EmmaLee »

I wish this wasn't visible - think it would get a lot more activity if it wasn't.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

The Passing the Heavenly Gift sub forum was the best "Heretics, Non-Mainstream, Unorthodox, Heterodox, Etc." sub forum of all time. A third of my posts got lost down that memory hole when creator removed it. It wasn't visible either.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

A lot of the HG forum folks privately gathered together on a messaging platform and have become an extended family who love each other and help each other whether they live close by one another or vast distances apart. I would say it's an HG 2.0. We are a "little Zion" experiment still going strong today. There are lots of discussions about lots of things, lots of love, help, but most importantly, no judgment. Contrary to what others might still think, Denver is NOT the focus, though for some, he is still sometimes part of some discussion.

Brooklyn
captain of 10

Re: Welcome Heretics

Post by Brooklyn »

Alaris wrote: February 17th, 2019, 10:13 pm I believe there must be multiple descents to mortality and this is part of the process of becoming the firstborn.

Also I believe the Davidic Servant is the Comforter of John 17, aka the Holy Ghost. The sacrament prayers conditional promise is the end or purpose of the Atonement.. The joining of Israel to this new Holy One... That they may always have his spirit to be with him. Rejecting this heir is the blasphemy of the Holy Ghost to crucify the Lord to open shame by rejecting His heir and the first God produced by the Atonement.

Heresy?
Do you believe Denver is the Davidic servant?

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Brooklyn wrote: January 15th, 2022, 4:34 pm
Alaris wrote: February 17th, 2019, 10:13 pm I believe there must be multiple descents to mortality and this is part of the process of becoming the firstborn.

Also I believe the Davidic Servant is the Comforter of John 17, aka the Holy Ghost. The sacrament prayers conditional promise is the end or purpose of the Atonement.. The joining of Israel to this new Holy One... That they may always have his spirit to be with him. Rejecting this heir is the blasphemy of the Holy Ghost to crucify the Lord to open shame by rejecting His heir and the first God produced by the Atonement.

Heresy?
No, he believes that he is the Davidic Servant. A quick look through his most recent posts will show you.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Luke wrote: January 15th, 2022, 5:22 pm

Heresy?
No, he believes that he is the Davidic Servant. A quick look through his most recent posts will show you.
Isn’t there some Michael guy on here who thinks the same thing?

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Mamabear wrote: January 15th, 2022, 5:53 pm
Luke wrote: January 15th, 2022, 5:22 pm

Heresy?
Isn’t there some Michael guy on here who thinks the same thing?
Yeah, Michael Sherwin

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I think we've had at least 3 or 4 The Davidic Servants on here. The Creator of the forum could probably give a pretty good idea of how many in the last 5 or so years.

We've also had a few Jesuses in here, but one of them kept returning. He liked putting things like 111 in his usernames.

I think more Jesus self-beliefs exist than David Servant self-beliefs exist on our planet.

Nevervaxxed
captain of 100

Post by Nevervaxxed »

i agree with the multi descents, but it makes me very tired to even think of it... after all, in order to become a "God", it only makes sense and is "fair" if we have to endure the same suffering.... right now, the middle kingdm is sounding better and better...

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Silver Pie wrote: July 26th, 2022, 2:21 pm I think we've had at least 3 or 4 The Davidic Servants on here. The Creator of the forum could probably give a pretty good idea of how many in the last 5 or so years.

We've also had a few Jesuses in here, but one of them kept returning. He liked putting things like 111 in his usernames.

I think more Jesus self-beliefs exist than David Servant self-beliefs exist on our planet.
Hardly anyone's heard of the Davidic Servant even within the LDS. Calling yourself Jesus is edgier and blasphemous. There are more of those out in the wider world, but it is blasphemous in an LDS context.

I actually don't mind Michael Sherwin's posts. I mostly disagree with him but he makes some good points occasionally.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Niemand wrote: April 25th, 2023, 4:29 pm
Silver Pie wrote: July 26th, 2022, 2:21 pm I think we've had at least 3 or 4 The Davidic Servants on here. The Creator of the forum could probably give a pretty good idea of how many in the last 5 or so years.

Hardly anyone's heard of the Davidic Servant even within the LDS. Calling yourself Jesus is edgier and blasphemous. There are more of those out in the wider world, but it is blasphemous in an LDS context.

I actually don't mind Michael Sherwin's posts. I mostly disagree with him but he makes some good points occasionally.
I've heard of a lot of Jesuses in the world outside of Mormonism, for sure.

When I see a Michael Sherwin post, I usually look at it because he might have something interesting to say, even though I disagree that he or Alaris (or other LDSFF posters) are "the Davidic servant. In fact, I genuinely like both of them.

varnaj42
captain of 100

Post by varnaj42 »

Just joined this group. I wonder if I'm heretical enough or in the right way. We shall see.

My heresy is of the non-denominational kind. How to find God and discover the nature of His works outside of the constraints of any particular religion. Some might call this a little too new agey. I don't.

My belief is that each of us has equal access to truth and that the first thing the seeker will discover is that in the created worlds there are no absolutes. I have found that truth is a moving horizon. As we approach what we thought was the goal we realize that new pathways appear to be explored.

Here is something, a tidbit, which typifies the way I think.

Consciousness... It is not the result of any set of conditions at all. It simply "is". Consciousness is a principal present in and pre-existing all parts of the created universe. The word "soul" is another way to think of it. All created matter is, to a degree, conscious. I call this a principle because it is a quality that is directly of and defines the creator. When we realize our consciousness we are personally witnessing the mighty hand of God.

If we can manage, in our minds, to disassociate consciousness from matter what is left?

Thanks for reading.

varnaj42
captain of 100

Post by varnaj42 »

Original_Intent wrote: February 17th, 2019, 11:18 pm :D ;) :D
creator wrote: February 17th, 2019, 9:42 pm So, what should we talk about? Is there a list of approved topics, questions, and answers?
I certainly hope not!

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

varnaj42 wrote: May 15th, 2023, 4:18 pm Just joined this group. I wonder if I'm heretical enough or in the right way. We shall see.

My heresy is of the non-denominational kind. How to find God and discover the nature of His works outside of the constraints of any particular religion. Some might call this a little too new agey. I don't.

My belief is that each of us has equal access to truth and that the first thing the seeker will discover is that in the created worlds there are no absolutes. I have found that truth is a moving horizon. As we approach what we thought was the goal we realize that new pathways appear to be explored.

Consciousness... It is not the result of any set of conditions at all. It simply "is". Consciousness is a principal present in and pre-existing all parts of the created universe. The word "soul" is another way to think of it. All created matter is, to a degree, conscious. I call this a principle because it is a quality that is directly of and defines the creator. When we realize our consciousness we are personally witnessing the mighty hand of God.

If we can manage, in our minds, to disassociate consciousness from matter what is left?

Thanks for reading.
In case you are not aware, You can also create new threads within the Heretic sub forum. :)

Your post above is new agey. (I am totally joking). hahah.

I am in general agreement with what you have written. I get tripped up on this forum at times because when people refer to "God" , I supplant my concept of 'him' into the discussion and then find myself in arguments that I don't understand.

The general idea on this forum is that "God" is a man that has evolved into becoming a Lord of a Planet or Universe. I can't say how many here think that way, but it seems to be the majority.

My understanding is that there are indeed, many Gods in time but the original Creator or Father of all is something very different. My understanding is that the Creator is everything yet generally unknown to us because we cannot comprehend 'him' at this time. A human has the latent ability to know the creator but lesser life forms and material objects do not. Our own self awareness gives us the ability to recognize or better said "remember" the Creator. Self Awareness the key to all things.

My path could be called Gnostic-Buddhist-Taoist- Christian. As far as I can understand, the path within, in stillness, is the only way home. Meditation. Yet, Christ is very real and very necessary to understand and return to the Creator.

varnaj42
captain of 100

Post by varnaj42 »

FrankOne wrote: May 15th, 2023, 8:05 pm
varnaj42 wrote: May 15th, 2023, 4:18 pm Just joined this group. I wonder if I'm heretical enough or in the right way. We shall see.

Thanks for reading.
In case you are not aware, You can also create new threads within the Heretic sub forum. :)

I am in general agreement with what you have written. I get tripped up on this forum at times because when people refer to "God" , I supplant my concept of 'him' into the discussion and then find myself in arguments that I don't understand.

The general idea on this forum is that "God" is a man that has evolved into becoming a Lord of a Planet or Universe. I can't say how many here think that way, but it seems to be the majority.

My understanding is that there are indeed, many Gods in time but the original Creator or Father of all is something very different. My understanding is that the Creator is everything yet generally unknown to us because we cannot comprehend 'him' at this time. A human has the latent ability to know the creator but lesser life forms and material objects do not. Our own self awareness gives us the ability to recognize or better said "remember" the Creator. Self Awareness the key to all things.

My path could be called Gnostic-Buddhist-Taoist- Christian. As far as I can understand, the path within, in stillness, is the only way home. Meditation. Yet, Christ is very real and very necessary to understand and return to the Creator.
Are you saying that I have to defer to your views? I maintain that God existed long before the creation. God existed long before Jesus existed. Lastly that one does not need any religion, Buddhist, taoist, Christian or any other to find God.

Imagine the state of God's reality before the creation. If we could go there what would we see? We certainly would not see any religions.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

varnaj42 wrote: May 15th, 2023, 10:22 pm

Thanks for reading.

Are you saying that I have to defer to your views?
I had no intention of even implying that. So that I can understand, what did I say that gave you that idea?

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Thanks for reading.

Are you saying that I have to defer to your views? I maintain that God existed long before the creation. God existed long before Jesus existed. Lastly that one does not need any religion, Buddhist, taoist, Christian or any other to find God.

Imagine the state of God's reality before the creation. If we could go there what would we see? We certainly would not see any religions.
There are so many views here that it would be difficult for any one faction to gain a super majority of deference.

varnaj42
captain of 100

Post by varnaj42 »

FrankOne wrote: May 15th, 2023, 10:29 pm

Are you saying that I have to defer to your views?
I had no intention of even implying that. So that I can understand, what did I say that gave you that idea?

OK maybe I knee jerked. I am of the position that it matters not in the slightest what others think.

In matters of spirituality we humans generally subordinate themselves to certain men that are often called prophets. Or to philosophers who have authority simply because they lived a long time ago. I reject all of this. I also reject typical new age thought. There is too much mumbo jumbo in that for me.

I have my own contact in the spiritual world. When I want to know something I just ask and I get an answer. Here is an example:

"Jesus is the Son of God". So often we hear this. In ancient, pre-Hebrew days, God was thought to be the entity that was embodied in our sun, sol. Much later the phrase or title "sun God" morphed into "son of God".

The Earth is surrounded by a series of heavens arranged in concentric shells each less substantial (from a physical standpoint) than the one below. Before God decided to create mankind He first installed a collection of very senior souls in the Earth heavens. Their duties involved guiding humanity to the desired goal which we, some of us, call "salvation".

At the head of this anointed body is the leader. The old Greeks called Him Christos. We call Him Christ. He is the senior soul in charge of the Earth. But he is not God by any means. He is appointed by God.

Jesus did not fully accept His mission in life until, in the desert, he finally renounced Satan. This is the story. What really happened is that in the desert Jesus was tormented with the pull between serving the Father and refusing so that he could simply live as an ordinary man. "Satan" is a metaphor for the pull of the Earthly life. He succeeded and after He left, only then was Jesus the true representative of God on Earth. This made him the true son of God.

All the above has been hashed and rehashed so many times it's almost to the point of being uninteresting.

I intend speaking of the events before the creation. To do this it is impossible to rely on any orthodox revelations. They simply don't exist.

I have my own sources.

In proposing this or that I see no reason to justify statements by citing an philosopher or religious authority. None of them have any knowledge of what the existence of God was like before the creation.

It is this that I wish to speak about. Not really too difficult but one must set aside orthodoxy if one wants to follow.

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

Kingdom of ZION wrote: February 18th, 2019, 11:10 pm I have exclaimed for over 25 years, that I am:

A HERETIC to believers and a ZEALOT to nonbelievers!

And you all are my witnesses!
Where are you of late KOZ?

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

solonan wrote: May 16th, 2023, 12:38 am
Kingdom of ZION wrote: February 18th, 2019, 11:10 pm I have exclaimed for over 25 years, that I am:

I have been spending much of my time Pondering, Praying, and Writing about the Doctrines of the Kingdom. Of late, working my way though all the Parables of the Messiah, and pondering the unanswered questions, like:

NARROW is the way, and FEW there be that find it. How Few is Few?

He shall bruise your heel, but "IT" shall crush his head. What is the 'IT', and exactly how does this work?

Which Coming of the Messiah will be in 2027? The start of the final Week of Daniel.

Just to list a few... thanks for asking, Shalom Shalom

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Kingdom of ZION wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 1:01 am

I have been spending much of my time Pondering, Praying, and Writing about the Doctrines of the Kingdom. Of late, working my way though all the Parables of the Messiah, and pondering the unanswered questions, like:

He shall bruise your heel, but "IT" shall crush his head. What is the 'IT', and exactly how does this work?

Which Coming of the Messiah will be in 2027? The start of the final Week of Daniel.

I go over Parable of the Sower and Parable of the Talents in this recording if you are interested. https://seekingyhwh.org/scripture-study/2023-05-04/

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

varnaj42 wrote: May 15th, 2023, 7:36 pm
creator wrote: February 17th, 2019, 9:42 pm So, what should we talk about? Is there a list of approved topics, questions, and answers?
I certainly hope not!
Yes, the approved topics are:
* Pay
* Pray
* and Obey

varnaj42
captain of 100

Post by varnaj42 »

Niemand wrote: May 24th, 2023, 4:07 am
varnaj42 wrote: May 15th, 2023, 7:36 pm
I certainly hope not!
Yes, the approved topics are:
* Pay
* Pray
* and Obey
Just like living in the Soviet Union 50 years ago. Obey or go to a camp.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

NB – my last comment above was a joke on the church.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 8:34 am
Kingdom of ZION wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 1:01 am

I go over Parable of the Sower and Parable of the Talents in this recording if you are interested. https://seekingyhwh.org/scripture-study/2023-05-04/
Sorry it took so much time to get back to you on this. Yes you see the very same things I see, only I usually use the term First Estate, Second Estate, Third Estate, and Fourth Estate, rather than calling it Sons of Perdition, Telestial, Terrestrial, & Celestial. I would greatly enjoy getting together and compare notes.

Shalom