Welcome Heretics, Non-Mainstream, Unorthodox, Heterodox, Etc.

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
creator
(of the Forum)

Welcome Heretics, Non-Mainstream, Unorthodox, Heterodox, Etc.

Post by creator »

This sub-forum is for non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. A place where you can discuss ideas, opinions, and beliefs with like-minded or open-minded people who agree to engage in such discussions respectfully.

This sub-forum would not be suitable for those who would label such people or discussion as apostate or who are not tolerant of people with viewpoints that differ from their own.

The Heretic sub-forum is publicly visible but only group members can post in it.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Welcome Heretics

Post by marc »

First post! I guess I must be a heretic.

Jesef
captain of 1,000

Post by Jesef »

Thanks, creator! I feel all warm & cozy already!

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Heretic test

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Can’t wait to find out who becomes the first heretic of the heretics, with the potential of a new sub-sub-forum

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

So, what should we talk about? Is there a list of approved topics, questions, and answers?

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Could get pretty boring in here. Might just become an echo chamber.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Except We all have such different and varying beliefs and no strongman to guide us to the one truth.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

I believe there must be multiple descents to mortality and this is part of the process of becoming the firstborn.

Also I believe the Davidic Servant is the Comforter of John 17, aka the Holy Ghost. The sacrament prayers conditional promise is the end or purpose of the Atonement.. The joining of Israel to this new Holy One... That they may always have his spirit to be with him. Rejecting this heir is the blasphemy of the Holy Ghost to crucify the Lord to open shame by rejecting His heir and the first God produced by the Atonement.

Heresy?

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

:D ;) :D
creator wrote: February 17th, 2019, 9:42 pm So, what should we talk about? Is there a list of approved topics, questions, and answers?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

creator wrote: February 17th, 2019, 9:49 pm Except We all have such different and varying beliefs and no strongman to guide us to the one truth.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

creator wrote: February 17th, 2019, 9:42 pm So, what should we talk about? Is there a list of approved topics, questions, and answers?
I don't know about any list, but the only thing that interests me is anything to do with the heavenly gift, calling & election, Second Comforter, Zion...so pretty much Jesus Christ. And maybe Isaiah's writings and the Book of Mormon (but everything they wrote pretty much points to Jesus Christ). My personal focus on my journey is to get to the root and the heart of the restoration of the gospel in its fullness and the redemption of Zion. So perhaps discussions about Enoch and his day would also interest me. Everything else to me is just noise.

investigator
captain of 100

Post by investigator »

With all of my views being so mainstream, I am surprised I was allowed to join this sub-forum. ;)

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Just keep in mind that to remain a part of this sub-forum a person must at least be tolerant of non-mainstream unorthodox discussions.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

I have some unconventional views, but also some more traditional views.

ElizaRSkousen
captain of 100

Post by ElizaRSkousen »

Alaris wrote: February 17th, 2019, 10:13 pm I believe there must be multiple descents to mortality and this is part of the process of becoming the firstborn.

Also I believe the Davidic Servant is the Comforter of John 17, aka the Holy Ghost. The sacrament prayers conditional promise is the end or purpose of the Atonement.. The joining of Israel to this new Holy One... That they may always have his spirit to be with him. Rejecting this heir is the blasphemy of the Holy Ghost to crucify the Lord to open shame by rejecting His heir and the first God produced by the Atonement.

Heresy?
I also believe in multiple mortal descents.

I believe the Davidic servant was supposed to be Joseph Smith’s son david.

Jesef
captain of 1,000

Post by Jesef »

Let's start topic & see how it goes. I'll kick it off with a Poll about MMP.

Hie'ing to Kolob
captain of 100

Post by Hie'ing to Kolob »

I'd like to discuss the evolution of the understanding of the nature of God within Mormonism. Specifically the theology found in the BoM (Modalism) and how it contradicts current LDS teachings. It also seems the Church for a time went more traditionally trinitarianism, and finally ended up with the current doctrine in the early 1900s.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Please do start a thread on that and tell us your thoughts on it..

Hie'ing to Kolob
captain of 100

Post by Hie'ing to Kolob »

Also... Prosperity gospel and superstition in the LDS Church. Discussion around specific examples, doctrinal/cultural origins, and implications.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Might wanna sticky this thread...

Then creator can flesh out the OP as the specific guidelines for this area become more defined later on.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

Jesef wrote: February 17th, 2019, 8:13 pm Thanks, creator! I feel all warm & cozy already!
It DOES feel like returning home after a long absence. ;)

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

ElizaRSkousen wrote: February 18th, 2019, 10:22 am
Alaris wrote: February 17th, 2019, 10:13 pm I believe there must be multiple descents to mortality and this is part of the process of becoming the firstborn.

Heresy?

Supposed to be? Que paso?

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

I have exclaimed for over 25 years, that I am:

A HERETIC to believers and a ZEALOT to nonbelievers!

And you all are my witnesses!

ElizaRSkousen
captain of 100

Post by ElizaRSkousen »

Alaris wrote: February 18th, 2019, 5:30 pm
ElizaRSkousen wrote: February 18th, 2019, 10:22 am

Heresy?

Supposed to be? Que paso?
Well I think that since Joseph died and Emma wasn’t really fufillinf her mission, a different spirit was sent instead