Trolls please go away

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Benaishtart
captain of 100

Trolls please go away

Post by Benaishtart »

All of you guys on here who aren’t even LDS or don’t have testimonies or are apostates, why do you even bother to visit this forum? Many of us feel like you take up space and time. Most of us know exactly what we know and we won’t be convinced that Joseph Smith was a false prophet or that his teachings were all bull! And on that note I’m surprised there are so many non-conservatives and non-libertarians on this forum. Shouldn’t this just be LDS Freedom Forum where you have to match that to be on here. It’s not helpful at all to have anyone else on this forum. We need better moderators!

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Re: Trolls please go away

Post by simpleton »

Benaishtart wrote: February 1st, 2019, 4:09 pm All of you guys on here who aren’t even LDS or don’t have testimonies or are apostates, why do you even bother to visit this forum? Many of us feel like you take up space and time. Most of us know exactly what we know and we won’t be convinced that Joseph Smith was a false prophet or that his teachings were all bull! And on that note I’m surprised there are so many non-conservatives and non-libertarians on this forum. Shouldn’t this just be LDS Freedom Forum where you have to match that to be on here. It’s not helpful at all to have anyone else on this forum. We need better moderators!
It would be boring to have just the exact same mindset... controversy stirs one to investigate...
Must needs be opposition in all things...

:)

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Nobody is banned for their beliefs...only bad manners.

I wouldn't allow anyone who teaches against Jesus Christ and His Atonment....but this isn't my website.

This is the(imo) method on how to deal with those who teach against the Alpha:

6 But it came to pass in the latter end of the seventeenth year, there came a man into the land of Zarahemla, and he was Anti-Christ, for he began to preach unto the people against the prophecies which had been spoken by the prophets, concerning the coming of Christ.

7 Now there was no law against a man’s belief; for it was strictly contrary to the commands of God that there should be a law which should bring men on to unequal grounds.

8 For thus saith the scripture: Choose ye this day, whom ye will serve.

9 Now if a man desired to serve God, it was his privilege; or rather, if he believed in God it was his privilege to serve him; but if he did not believe in him there was no law to punish him.

10 But if he murdered he was punished unto death; and if he robbed he was also punished; and if he stole he was also punished; and if he committed adultery he was also punished; yea, for all this wickedness they were punished.

11 For there was a law that men should be judged according to their crimes. Nevertheless, there was no law against a man’s belief; therefore, a man was punished only for the crimes which he had done; therefore all men were on equal grounds.

12 And this Anti-Christ, whose name was Korihor, (and the law could have no hold upon him) began to preach unto the people that there should be no Christ. And after this manner did he preach, saying:

13 O ye that are bound down under a foolish and a vain hope, why do ye yoke yourselves with such foolish things? Why do ye look for a Christ? For no man can know of anything which is to come.

14 Behold, these things which ye call prophecies, which ye say are handed down by holy prophets, behold, they are foolish traditions of your fathers.

15 How do ye know of their surety? Behold, ye cannot know of things which ye do not see; therefore ye cannot know that there shall be a Christ.

16 Ye look forward and say that ye see a remission of your sins. But behold, it is the effect of a frenzied mind; and this derangement of your minds comes because of the traditions of your fathers, which lead you away into a belief of things which are not so.

17 And many more such things did he say unto them, telling them that there could be no atonement made for the sins of men, but every man fared in this life according to the management of the creature; therefore every man prospered according to his genius, and that every man conquered according to his strength; and whatsoever a man did was no crime.

18 And thus he did preach unto them, leading away the hearts of many, causing them to lift up their heads in their wickedness, yea, leading away many women, and also men, to commit whoredoms—telling them that when a man was dead, that was the end thereof.

19 Now this man went over to the land of Jershon also, to preach these things among the people of Ammon, who were once the people of the Lamanites.

20 But behold they were more wise than many of the Nephites; for they took him, and bound him, and carried him before Ammon, who was a high priest over that people.

21 And it came to pass that he caused that he should be carried out of the land...

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Having a differing opinion is not being a troll.

Do you want to be like Mormons Building Bridges where you have to sign a statement that you have read their rules, and if you say something that triggers their LGBTQ snowflakes, you get banned? They are ALL Trump-hating Mormons and Exmos over there, and they love posting videos of gays kissing each other. Yuck!

I like this forum just the way it is.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

troll.jpeg
troll.jpeg (258.37 KiB) Viewed 1450 times
Pro Tip: Please don't troll the trolls. They enjoy it, and you'll only get more worked up.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Benaishtart wrote: February 1st, 2019, 4:09 pm Trolls please go away
All of you guys on here who aren’t even LDS or don’t have testimonies or are apostates, why do you even bother to visit this forum?

Many of us feel like you take up space...
Have you read the ONE forum rule?
  • “#1: Be kind and respectful.

“And see that there is no iniquity [on LDSFF], neither hardness with each other, neither lying, backbiting, nor evil speaking” (D&C 20:54)

- No personal attacks (ad hominem) or threats. No defamation of character, libel, slander, etc.”

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Is the OP volunteering to be a moderator?

mgridle1
captain of 1,000

Post by mgridle1 »

Lizzy60 wrote: February 1st, 2019, 4:42 pm Having a differing opinion is not being a troll.

Do you want to be like Mormons Building Bridges where you have to sign a statement that you have read their rules, and if you say something that triggers their LGBTQ snowflakes, you get banned? They are ALL Trump-hating Mormons and Exmos over there, and they love posting videos of gays kissing each other. Yuck!

I like this forum just the way it is.
Wow, just reading some of their comments is truly fascinating. Coming from a group that proclaims "no hate, just love". What hypocrites.

They have found out (what they think) is the entire guy's family and write things like:
" If you live in Nevada, you can call and complain to Jacob's mom: https://ballotpedia.org/Alexis_Hansen"
"She succeeded her husband. Kendall Wilcox Someone in Nevada call the Reno Gazette Journal and let them know her son is creating homophobic videos defending the Church's treatment of lgbt members and children. He is carrying on a family tradition:"

The Velvet Mafia is a very accurate description of these horrible people. If you don't agree with them and even feign to tell them they are wrong, they will doxx you, find out your entire family history, use your work history, business history, anything and everything possible to take you down and destroy you.

This is exactly why in my conversation with a homosexual just a few weeks ago on this page, I refused and will continue to refuse to reveal anything about who I am. I told this homosexual as much and he made fun of me, claimed I was a coward and called me a whole other bunch of names.

No, I'm not a coward, I'm just smart. If you are going to do battle with the Velvet Mafia, you better have a "nom de guerre", and you better protect yourself so you have the freedom to speak out and combat this filth. Because if your name is known-they will make your life hell, they will do everything they can do doxx you, get you fired from your job, black-ball you, etc.

These people speak of love and kindness . . .they don't know the first thing about being Christlike.

"For now, we put a hold on Jacob's membership in this group so that he cannot post any new posts without an admin clearing it first.

I recognize that that does not ameliorate the potential harm this post may cause people in the meantime.

We're taking in further counsel to see if any further action is needed - like taking this post down entirely.

In the meantime, please take this post as an opportunity to refute the assertions made in his video. Stand your ground and speak your truth with wisdom and power."

So much for trying to "understand" . . .it only goes one way. Maybe one day, the leadership will get it that you can't have "dialogue" with this type of stuff.
Last edited by mgridle1 on February 1st, 2019, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mgridle1
captain of 1,000

Post by mgridle1 »

Benaishtart wrote: February 1st, 2019, 4:09 pm All of you guys on here who aren’t even LDS or don’t have testimonies or are apostates, why do you even bother to visit this forum? Many of us feel like you take up space and time. Most of us know exactly what we know and we won’t be convinced that Joseph Smith was a false prophet or that his teachings were all bull! And on that note I’m surprised there are so many non-conservatives and non-libertarians on this forum. Shouldn’t this just be LDS Freedom Forum where you have to match that to be on here. It’s not helpful at all to have anyone else on this forum. We need better moderators!
Just a hint Benaishtart, before you start generalizing your comments to things like "many of us"-you might want check to see if your comment actually generates any likes . .before you start to claim you speak for a group of people.

Just a friendly thought.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

kinda part of deznat alt-right affilitateers/recruiteers??!!

deznat mormon
https://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?ei=UT ... t%20mormon
:arrow:

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

I don't say this flippantly, but start up a forum and enforce it the way you want. I'm sure there is a target market for what you would prefer, though there may be a forum already that fits the bill. I personally like the enforcement here that seems to be more in line with D&C 121. Some other lds forums, without naming names, have belligerent trolls.

I find the outer darkness area both fitting and humorous. If you ever want evidence the mods decisions to ban folks to outer darkness justified, just spend some time reading posts there, particularly the ones of the "repentant" banned (haha sounds like the damned.)

Still, some will create new accounts and pretend they're not who they obviously are and the mods seem to tolerate.

Plus they tolerate me, so that's a bonus.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

I always thought trolls were in reference to trolling on a boat for fish??? Or is it like the troll under a bridge?

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Like Lizzy, I like the forum as it is.

I do wish there were more deep-dive, thought provoking threads. Like Amonhi's before he got banished to Outer Darkness. I don't always agree with him or consider myself a follower of his BUT I respect his study and appreciate what he has to say and more often than not feel he is at least on the right track. I feel edified by his well-considered ideas and rarely read a post of his that I don't come away with at least a few diamonds in the rough to consider.

There's a lot of other posters that definitely wouldn't fit into the "correlated Mormon" box, but again, often some good insights and especially when they don't focus on tearing down the church leadership, but simply present their thoughts and ideas. So cool.

There are others, and they know who they are, that while I have long considered them friends, they focus all too much on their doubts and concerns with the leaders. It is completely legit to call out the church if you see something that you feel is off. But if virtually all of your posts are such, then sadly you aren't progressing and you aren't helping anyone else progress, and depending on where they are on their own journey, there's a good chance you are undermining their ability to progress. I'm sure I've been guilty of the same, and if so, I apologize. Tread carefully, karma is a thing.
Last edited by Original_Intent on February 2nd, 2019, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

NIGHTLIGHT wrote: February 1st, 2019, 5:30 pm I always thought trolls were in reference to trolling on a boat for fish??? Or is it like the troll under a bridge?
Stop trolling!
Jk
I'll give you an example of typical internet trolling.

You sign up for a forum and are brand new. You post an innocent question and boom 1-3 people are just lying in wait ready to pounce....sort of like a bridge troll waiting for someone to cross.

They demand payment like a bridge troll but they only accept the currency of misery and agitation. They tend to have thousands of posts (like me whoopsies,) and are typically the first responders on a new thread because they are both trolling to spread their misery to someone else, and usually very little thought is required or behind their posts, therefore very little time.

Another tip to identify a troll is to read their posts in Squidward's voice. If it's fitting to something Squidward would say then you've found yourself a troll.
Last edited by Alaris on February 1st, 2019, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

NIGHTLIGHT wrote: February 1st, 2019, 5:30 pm I always thought trolls were in reference to trolling on a boat for fish??? Or is it like the troll under a bridge?
Both. A troll is definitely looking for a reaction (so the fishing reference works) but they also often have some very "troll under a bridge" type of behavior.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Original_Intent wrote: February 1st, 2019, 5:37 pm
Both. A troll is definitely looking for a reaction (so the fishing reference works) but they also often have some very "troll under a bridge" type of behavior.
Sure, go ahead and make my last post look easy! Wait, am I trolling?

Jesef
captain of 1,000

Post by Jesef »

Some people on here, mostly TBM's, think (internet/forum) trolls are anyone who disagrees with their Groupthink. Not true!

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

So, you joined here 23 days ago, and already you are making the rules, Benaishtart?

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

marc wrote: February 1st, 2019, 5:07 pm Is the OP volunteering to be a moderator?
me.jpeg
me.jpeg (42.32 KiB) Viewed 1305 times

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Alaris wrote: February 1st, 2019, 5:36 pm
Stop trolling!
Jk
I'll give you an example of typical internet trolling.

You sign up for a forum and are brand new. You post an innocent question and boom 1-3 people are just lying in wait ready to pounce....sort of like a bridge troll waiting for someone to cross.

They demand payment like a bridge troll but they only accept the currency of misery and agitation. They tend to have thousands of posts (like me whoopsies,) and are typically the first responders on a new thread because they are both trolling to spread their misery to someone else, and usually very little thought is required or behind their posts, therefore very little time.

Another tip to identify a troll is to read their posts in Squidward's voice. If it's fitting to something Squidward would say then you've found yourself a troll.
You know what they say about JKing....it's your truth in the form of a burner phone

Primary Outcast
captain of 100

Post by Primary Outcast »

The threads have topics, so avoid the ones that are offensive to you. I think for the most part people are genuine here and don't make every topic about themselves so is easy to navigate the forum and pick the parts that you want to be exposed to.

It's also important to know that it's OK to state your opinion and if people don't agree with you it's OK to agree to disagree. And if you have an open mind you will probably learn something or at least learn to appreciate someone else's perspective even if you disagree. And don't just pick at areas of disagreement, point out common beliefs where you can.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Only righteous trolling is authorized.

Also, I have a question.
  • #1: Be kind and respectful.
Is love always kind and respectful?

LucianAMD
ex-Puppet Master

Post by LucianAMD »

Ah, so it is an echo room you want?

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Jonesy wrote: February 1st, 2019, 11:34 pm Also, I have a question.
  • #1: Be kind and respectful.
Is love always kind and respectful?
It depends on how you define love, kind & respectful.
I consider love to be: appreciating what is~ while striving for what’s best, through trial & error - active faith. “God is love.” Figuring out what “is” can be a challenge in itself, especially when each person is coming from their unique point of view. And what’s “best” may be focusing on empathy - sometimes it’s correcting lies with truth, other times it’s best to ask questions, etc. We each strive for what we think is best - sometimes we get it right - sometimes not. The more open we are to truth (teachable) and the more God is considered and asked for help, the better we tend to be at loving.

Kind: considerate
Respectful: courtesy (also considerate)

In this context, the rule includes no ad hominem attacks - no putting people down, but sticking with the topic. You can disagree and express strong opinion substantiated with “harsh” facts - truth some may take to be hard. But your words should never be unkind or disrespectful to the person you are addressing. Your words, even when disagreeing, ought to “consider” the person addressed, as a child of God.