Help with profile picture.

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
Jakealdrich5
captain of 10

Help with profile picture.

Post by Jakealdrich5 »

Hi, I'm having trouble trying to find out how to add a profile pic. Could maybe one of ya'll help me out? :) :) :) :D

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Re: Help with profile picture.

Post by Craig Johnson »

Jakealdrich5 wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 8:45 pm Hi, I'm having trouble trying to find out how to add a profile pic. Could maybe one of ya'll help me out? :) :) :) :D
Still want some help?

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

Jakealdrich5 wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 8:45 pm Hi, I'm having trouble trying to find out how to add a profile pic. Could maybe one of ya'll help me out? :) :) :) :D
Click on your name and then scroll down and choose Profile.
Then you will see and select Edit Profile.
Select Edit Avatar.
I used the Browse function, have your pic ready in a folder, find it and select it, click Open.
Should then load if it is not too big. If it is too big you may need to edit it down to size.

harp master
captain of 100

Post by harp master »

Craig Johnson wrote: November 21st, 2018, 2:26 pm
Select Edit Avatar.
I used the Browse function, have your pic ready in a folder, find it and select it, click Open.
Should then load if it is not too big. If it is too big you may need to edit it down to size.
No matter what I try I'm unable to post an avatar. Even small thumbnails won't post and I'm unable to open the gallery. Am I required to have a certain number of post before I can have an avatar? Maybe it's my computer? Please help.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

harp master wrote: March 17th, 2021, 9:09 am
Select Edit Avatar.
No matter what I try I'm unable to post an avatar. Even small thumbnails won't post and I'm unable to open the gallery. Am I required to have a certain number of post before I can have an avatar? Maybe it's my computer? Please help.
No, no post amount is required

Contact The Creator (of the forum).

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

Poor Jake, looks like he never figured it out 😕

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Select Edit Avatar.
Screenshot_20210317-122709.png
Screenshot_20210317-122709.png (298.11 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
Are you seeing these options? I had to shrink the image I just uploaded today, too many pixels or something like that

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Be super careful what you choose as an avatar, as there are a couple people on LDSFF who actually believe you worship whatever your avatar is. :lol:

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

🤣🤣🤣

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

EmmaLee wrote: March 17th, 2021, 12:39 pm Be super careful what you choose as an avatar, as there are a couple people on LDSFF who actually believe you worship whatever your avatar is. :lol:

Especially those sporting Japanese car logos from 1949. :lol:

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

BeNotDeceived wrote: March 17th, 2021, 2:40 pm
EmmaLee wrote: March 17th, 2021, 12:39 pm Be super careful what you choose as an avatar, as there are a couple people on LDSFF who actually believe you worship whatever your avatar is. :lol:

Yes, especially those! 8-)

(love you, cruiserdude)

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

Select Edit Avatar.
The file size needs to be compressed below 31 Kib. Use this website to crop and resize the image, and compress it.

https://www.resizepixel.com/reduce-image-in-kb

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

EmmaLee wrote: March 17th, 2021, 3:50 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: March 17th, 2021, 2:40 pm

Yes, especially those! 8-)

(love you, cruiserdude)
How'd you know my avatar was Japanese?! 😁
(yes I love sharing worthless info about Land Cruisers and about Toyota😎😅)

It means 'Toyota' but is written in their native Katakana written language. So to us Americans it looks like 'teq'.

"Katakana is a Japanese syllabary, one component of the Japanese writing system along with hiragana, kanji and in some cases the Latin script (known as rōmaji).

To spell “Toyota” in Katakana, you have to use 3 characters that make the combined sounds: To, Yo, and Ta. Those are actually the characters that you see in what we mistakenly translate into English as t, e, and q."
Toyota_Logo_in-Katakana_1.jpg
Toyota_Logo_in-Katakana_1.jpg (37.78 KiB) Viewed 936 times
https://www.theoldcruiser.com/general/w ... logo-mean/

harp master
captain of 100

Post by harp master »

Alexander wrote: March 17th, 2021, 3:53 pm
Select Edit Avatar.
Thing is I can't even open the gallery. Might I be doing something wrong? I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the computer drawer but???
The file size needs to be compressed below 31 Kib. Use this website to crop and resize the image, and compress it.

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

harp master wrote: March 17th, 2021, 4:25 pm
Alexander wrote: March 17th, 2021, 3:53 pm

Select Edit Avatar.
Thing is I can't even open the gallery. Might I be doing something wrong? I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the computer drawer but???

Go to https://www.resizepixel.com/reduce-image-in-kb. Click upload image. Choose image from desktop or downloads. On the left hand side there are options. Go to crop first. You have a bunch of aspect ratio selections. Once your selection is made, hit "crop". Next go over to resize. Resize your image down to about 300x300 or less. If your image is not a square, resize it down to 300 on the width. Hit "resize". Now go to compress. Choose 29 or 28 KiB. Then hit "compress". In the bottom right corner, there is the "go to download" button. Click on it. Now hit the "download" button in the bottom left corner.

Now go to your profile on LDSfreedomforum. Hit "edit profile". On the left hand side select "edit avatar". On avatar type, select "upload avatar", and then go down below to "choose file". A window will pop up. The image you want to upload should be in your downloads, and from there you may select your image. Choose for upload, and then hit "submit" when done.

NewEliza
captain of 1,000

Post by NewEliza »

Shoot I was gonna make mine a golden cow