MAJOR MAJOR CHANGES COMING IN THE CHURCH !

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
A Simple Man
captain of 10

MAJOR MAJOR CHANGES COMING IN THE CHURCH !

Post by A Simple Man »

My wife just told me that the Stake RS Presidency spoke on assignment today to the ward RS.

The Stake RS Pres said that she was recently in a meeting with Elders Holland and Bednar in which
those who were attendance were told that MAJOR MAJOR CHANGES ARE COMING IN THE CHURCH.

Also, they were told that prior changes in the Church could be likened unto SNOWFLAKES, compared to what is coming.
The significance of what is coming will be like unto a SNOW STORM.

Lastly, many of these major changes in the Church will be announced in ALL sessions of general conference.

Stay tuned.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: MAJOR MAJOR CHANGES COMING IN THE CHURCH !

Post by EmmaLee »

Yep, we've been talking about this for a couple of weeks now. Here's the link to the thread - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=49505

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I have heard the same thing, and from a quite direct source.
I have an inkling but I'm keeping my powder dry.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

I wonder how many changes there will be. If they will tell us all the changes they have in mind or only some during this conference.

I remember waiting to hear how many new temples as the main thing to watch for, now it's what changes we are making to policy.

Exciting times!

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

IMHO, a 2-hour block is not a MajorMajor change. Smaller wards and stakes have already been implemented in my area, over 2 years ago for my ward and stake, and it doesn't feel very different. Marriages outside the temple with sealings only in the temple has been done all around the world for many many years, so I don't consider that a MajorMajor change.

So, I guess we will soon see what the Top Leadership considers MajorMajor!!

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Calling missionaries home or having them stop tracking on foot/car/bike. This would be major as we have had this since the restoration.

Changing the length of missions for both young ones and older couples too

Calling more people on missions of different age groups.

Opening of China and diverting all the missionaries there.

Having education through church schools as a church wide policy for our kids. A step towards establishing zion.
This is already in the works.

Temple worthiness interview changes

Garments being changed

New scripture

Any possible changes that would prepare the organization of the church for the Saviors return.

There are endless possibilities of changes than could be announced.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

MMbelieve wrote: September 23rd, 2018, 4:17 pm Calling missionaries home or having them stop tracking on foot/car/bike. This would be major as we have had this since the restoration.

Having education through church schools as a church wide policy for our kids. A step towards establishing zion.

Garments being changed

New scripture

Any possible changes that would prepare the organization of the church for the Saviors return.

Not China, for sure. Not enough Taiwanese missionaries--not unless they lowered the requirements and fast-forwarded the timeline. That would be exciting.

The Airbender
captain of 1,000

Post by The Airbender »

MMbelieve wrote: September 23rd, 2018, 4:17 pm Calling missionaries home or having them stop tracking on foot/car/bike. This would be major as we have had this since the restoration.

Garments being changed

New scripture

I highly doubt they would announce changes to the garments in general conference.

I would love some new scripture.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

K-12 LDS schools has great potential. I've long felt that such an education system is necessary. It's going to be quite the challenge to get it right, if that is in the works.

I highly doubt new scripture. We've done so little with what we already have - more scripture would just put us under more condemnation imho.

More changes to missions is entirely possible.

Calling the missionaries home would be huge. I doubt that's going to happen. Right now, anyway.

It will be interesting, I'm certain.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

JohnnyL wrote: September 23rd, 2018, 4:36 pm...
Not China, for sure. Not enough Taiwanese missionaries--not unless they lowered the requirements and fast-forwarded the timeline. That would be exciting.
I think the Chinese gov't would view the church competitively. They don't want competition. The new leader-for-life already addresses the people in paternal warmth and a soft voice, and many Chinese people believe they are living under the one true government. Saw it last summer over there and it was eerily familiar to me. Kind of an eye-opener in how people can be corralled.

mgridle1
captain of 1,000

Post by mgridle1 »

Lizzy60 wrote: September 23rd, 2018, 3:29 pm IMHO, a 2-hour block is not a MajorMajor change. Smaller wards and stakes have already been implemented in my area, over 2 years ago for my ward and stake, and it doesn't feel very different. Marriages outside the temple with sealings only in the temple has been done all around the world for many many years, so I don't consider that a MajorMajor change.

So, I guess we will soon see what the Top Leadership considers MajorMajor!!
Re instituting polygamy-that would be MajorMajor.
Declaring Adom-on-diahmand happened or is about to happen-that would be MajorMajor.
Putting the Proclamation up for a sustaining vote to be included in scriptures would be Major.

2 hour Church while certainly a big change is not IMO MajorMajor . . .but we will see what is considered MajorMajor soon enough.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Reinstituting polygamy...

Now, that would be rapturous.

I don't think it's even within the scope of remote possibility. That would be quite a way for the church to shoot itself in the foot, all across the world. I think that will never happen, in any parallel universe, ever.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Frankly, I can't imagine any REALLY BIG change, because the church cannot redefine the product. It can only repackage it. I'll be very surprised if anything surprising happens. I would love to be surprised, but have vanishingly small expectations. That said, I hope I get surprised, even TOTALLY BLINDSIDED.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

I get the feeling that at least some of the changes are going to force us to discard cherished beliefs that weren't ever doctrinal, or accept new doctrine that we may find distasteful at first glance. But that's just a feeling... I don't have any inside sources like some around here do (the two weeks before conference is always my favorite time to visit this board).

mgridle1
captain of 1,000

Post by mgridle1 »

Chip wrote: September 23rd, 2018, 6:01 pm Reinstituting polygamy...

I don't think it's even within the scope of remote possibility. That would be quite a way for the church to shoot itself in the foot, all across the world. I think that will never happen, in any parallel universe, ever.
Well, if things get bad enough with lower birthrates, men dropping out of the Church, etc. you never know . . .maybe women might demand it come back :o. Isn't there a scripture about the last days that 7 women will take hold of one man and demand he take away her reproach????

In seriousness, I agree that's not within the remote possibility right now.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Maybe the temple recommend questions will be changed so as not to reflect the law of Moses but more show one's testimony of Jesus.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

mgridle1 wrote: September 23rd, 2018, 6:14 pm

Well, if things get bad enough with lower birthrates, men dropping out of the Church, etc. you never know . . .maybe women might demand it come back :o. Isn't there a scripture about the last days that 7 women will take hold of one man and demand he take away her reproach????

Well, with marriage (possibly) not being a church thing anymore and only doing sealings, we could technically reinstate polygamy and do all kind's of sealings with zero attachment to marriage on this earth. Of course it would only be sealings so no acting or living polygamous.

We also could seal women to many husbands to really get the family of God tight knit.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

1. found 116 pages lost?!

2. merging with rlds?!

"An interesting photo. Twelve apostles of the Community of Christ."
:arrow:

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Juliet wrote: September 23rd, 2018, 6:45 pm Maybe the temple recommend questions will be changed so as not to reflect the law of Moses but more show one's testimony of Jesus.
Ah, yes. Backing away from demanding allegiance to the cult of The Brethren, who never let on that they knew about the veracity of the "anti"-stuff, until they were pushed into writing the Gospel Topic Essays, sounds likely. When I read those essays, I felt that a corrosion process had definitely been initiated regarding the church's truth claims. Orienting people more towards Christ is the way forward, but it needs to come with some serious admissions from the leadership. Otherwise, they are just kicking the ball forward, to face it again sooner than later. With the internet, the half-life of all half-truths grows shorter by the day. Might as well tear off the infallibility band-aid once and for all. I'm sure that's not going to completely happen, though.

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Post by XEmilyX »

Fun! I like new stuff happening!
I wish they did like 20-30 new temples at once that would be exciting.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Word of wisdom to become non-compulsory?

Polygamy to come back?

Gay sealings?

Which would cause the most members to freak out?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

mgridle1 wrote: September 23rd, 2018, 6:14 pm

The Church misleads with its statistics but all one has to do is watch the video "In Which They Fret Over the Young Single Adults" to see that the leaders are terrified over the low birthrates and declining marriage rates. There is no way that a huge percentage of active LDS women will find an active LDS man to marry. No way.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Try as I might, I can't come up with anything that would be surprising AND within the scope of reasonable possibility. There will be no real surprises, I think. There will just be some shuffling maneuvers.

Maybe a church-run school system for K-12 - that would be surprising. That seems very needed, but maybe too bold a move, as the beast system across the west doesn't want to lose control of programming kids and we don't mess with the beast system.

Davka
captain of 1,000

Post by Davka »

Changes to the church higher education system? Shutting down BYU? Opening another church run school?

Or, heaven forbid, getting rid of the Cougar football team?!

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

We had Elder Holzapfel preside at our Stake Conference two weeks ago. In the Adult session he also said bigger changes were coming in the upcoming General Conference, but he implied that they had to do more with freeing up time for church members to be with their families. He also did a Q&A for about 45 minutes, one guy asked why so many changes are happening in the church and he replies "to get us ready for the second coming".