Moon Landing/Flat Earth Discussion

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
pancake
on Deacon Homespun's plate

Re: Moon Landing/Flat Earth Discussion

Post by pancake »

pancake

Post by pancake »

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

Fun video by the founded earth brothers.

Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Army Of Truth »

Great interview! She asks a lot of great questions and Dave gives great answers.

pancake

Post by pancake »

Austin's girlfriend, Ky, was raised mormon. Fun video of them talking about flat earth:

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

A largely scriptural debate:
Will truly miss him, RIP Rob Skiba.

pancake

Post by pancake »

Flight paths:

pancake

Post by pancake »

United States v. Whitsitt
Last edited by pancake on February 24th, 2022, 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pancake

Post by pancake »

Shills, trolls and controlled opposition:
https://ifers.123.st/f10-flat-earth-shills-trolls-and-controlled-opposition
It's obvious that Mark Sargent is a clown. Anyone who defends him is either a shill or an idiot. Others like Bob and Jeran have done some questionable things, but also seem to put out some decent info. There are different levels of infiltrators of varying levels of truthiness and quality. Everything you consume should be taken with varying levels of salt.

The flat earth society has historically been the clown group.

The international flat earth research society has historically been the real truth seeking organization.

The new flat earth documentary is a good example of the kind of material I would put out if I were a flat earth clown. The documentary might actually be decent if they removed all the interviews with very low quality audio, the annoying music video, and the strange advertisement mid-video.

What would you do if you were trying to prevent people from finding truth? Flood the internet with a bunch of low quality videos to turn people off to the topic?

Does this kind of thing happen with topics other than flat earth? Maybe just not to the same degree? Honestly, I feel like once you are aware of this it's actually a point in favor of flat earth. The fact that they are willing to go so far with all these different tactics just shows how much they really don't want anyone doing any serious research into the nature of our world.
Last edited by pancake on February 23rd, 2022, 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

pancake wrote: September 5th, 2021, 6:54 am
Thank you for this link. I'm not sure about all of his conclusions, but I did use the video to find some new reading material: Purchas his Pilgrim. Very interesting history of religion, geography, etc. written in the 1600s.

pancake

Post by pancake »

Is there any proof that nuclear weapons actually exist? Here's a nuclear hoax theory playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLI1pxeQLDFoXeawCT87K1caUsz1nIDt8H

Just another way to keep the masses feeling powerless, afraid, and insignificant, along the same lines as climate change, zombie virus, asteroid collision, alien invasion, etc...
Last edited by pancake on February 27th, 2022, 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

pancake

Post by pancake »

Austin's case (link provided by user in the chat log):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1brz1IUMEYPXpELwR8ROutzwuGNgtR1Gw/view

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

pancake wrote: August 6th, 2021, 1:33 pm Where did the lost tribes go? Where are they now? When are they coming back?
WHOA....this is a parody right?

He thinks human society only started 200 years ago, and Penn Station was built by ancient aliens!!!

And that VOICE!!!

🤣🤣🤣

Genius.

pancake

Post by pancake »

pancake wrote: August 6th, 2021, 1:33 pmhttps://youtu.be/ssbLs-GYkkE
NeveR wrote: February 25th, 2022, 9:08 am WHOA....this is a parody right?
Certainly a long video with a bunch of fun theories. Take it with as much salt as you want/need.
NeveR wrote: February 25th, 2022, 9:08 am He thinks human society only started 200 years ago, and Penn Station was built by ancient aliens!!!
I thought the theory was that most people were destroyed by the mud flood and that civilization had to be rebuilt. And that ancient humans with advanced technology built all those really large structures/buildings/etc...
NeveR wrote: February 25th, 2022, 9:08 am And that VOICE!!!

🤣🤣🤣

Genius.
I agree the voice is genius and sounds even better on 2x speed.

Honestly I'm surprised you actually watched this one. Or did you stop when you ran out of salt?

Some videos make me feel like they're trying to distract and put people off to the topic but this one, while a bit out there, is a lot of fun.

pancake

Post by pancake »

What do you think Ryan Zehm will find?
Anyone else notice that (according to the plasma moon map) the first alleged landing location on the moon (Apollo 11) was right next to... Hyperborea?!
Last edited by pancake on February 26th, 2022, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

pancake

Post by pancake »

A lot of the fun moon stuff comes from Vibes of Cosmos. Here's an interesting one comparing moon observations from the UK and Croatia:
Last edited by pancake on March 2nd, 2022, 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

pancake wrote: February 25th, 2022, 6:58 pm
pancake wrote: August 6th, 2021, 1:33 pmhttps://youtu.be/ssbLs-GYkkE
NeveR wrote: February 25th, 2022, 9:08 am WHOA....this is a parody right?
Certainly a long video with a bunch of fun theories. Take it with as much salt as you want/need.
NeveR wrote: February 25th, 2022, 9:08 am He thinks human society only started 200 years ago, and Penn Station was built by ancient aliens!!!
I thought the theory was that most people were destroyed by the mud flood and that civilization had to be rebuilt. And that ancient humans with advanced technology built all those really large structures/buildings/etc...
NeveR wrote: February 25th, 2022, 9:08 am And that VOICE!!!

🤣🤣🤣

Genius.
I agree the voice is genius and sounds even better on 2x speed.

Honestly I'm surprised you actually watched this one. Or did you stop when you ran out of salt?

Some videos make me feel like they're trying to distract and put people off to the topic but this one, while a bit out there, is a lot of fun.
I haven't watched it all - it's six hours long. I intend to watch some more over lunch if I get a break from kids needing attention.

The bit about the premature baby incubators in amusement parks is just BIZARRE. I mean if that's real it's creepy/crazy

pancake

Post by pancake »

NeveR wrote: February 26th, 2022, 9:35 am The bit about the premature baby incubators in amusement parks is just BIZARRE. I mean if that's real it's creepy/crazy
I think evil is the word you're looking for. Satanists kill babies and I'm not talking about abortions:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pace_memorandum

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Was the moon landing fake? Yes. Is the Earth flat? No. It's hollow 😉

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

This video brought up ideas about the problems with a flat earth that I had never heard before - not addressed by either side - so I thought I'd share it.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Silver Pie wrote: May 30th, 2022, 9:47 pm This video brought up ideas about the problems with a flat earth that I had never heard before - not addressed by either side - so I thought I'd share it.
His very first point is to show how ridiculous gravity would be on a flat earth, yet the flat earthers I’m acquainted with don’t believe in gravity - they believe in density vs buoyancy. You have to be careful because there are people posing as flat earthers in order to propose nonsensical views that are easily disprovable. The Flat Earth Society was one of the first. They want people to go there for information and then laugh at how stupid flat earthers are. This video contains some of those kinds of things.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

Silver Pie wrote: May 30th, 2022, 9:47 pm This video brought up ideas about the problems with a flat earth that I had never heard before - not addressed by either side - so I thought I'd share it.
They are using theories to disprove theories.

For instance we have little understanding of gravity (In the theoretical sciences, it is commonly assumed that the role of gravity is settled. But as Richard Feynman observed, “There is no model of the theory of gravitation today, other than the mathematical form.” The problem is that mathematics will not account for the essential force in question. And yet, when theorists speculate about the big bang one conjecture is followed by another all building on the supposed supremacy of gravity as the driving force of cosmic evolution.)

We know so little, that we have little to stand on scientifically, since science is so woefully inept at explaining anything.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

madvin wrote: May 31st, 2022, 11:59 am

For instance we have little understanding of gravity (In the theoretical sciences, it is commonly assumed that the role of gravity is settled. But as Richard Feynman observed, “There is no model of the theory of gravitation today, other than the mathematical form.” The problem is that mathematics will not account for the essential force in question. And yet, when theorists speculate about the big bang one conjecture is followed by another all building on the supposed supremacy of gravity as the driving force of cosmic evolution.)

We know so little, that we have little to stand on scientifically, since science is so woefully inept at explaining anything.
Science is good at explaining how matter interacts in a predictive way. You shouldn't load it up with expectations beyond that.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

larsenb wrote: May 31st, 2022, 1:58 pm

Science is good at explaining how matter interacts in a predictive way. You shouldn't load it up with expectations beyond that.
Correct. And I don't. Yet when people say the science is "settled", you can count on that it isn't. But what you CAN count on is that the funding is.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Well, it can be decent sometimes, but... then you have to get scientists to: A) Look at it. B) Think about it. C) Answer it. D) Contemplate it, discuss it, etc.

Which is rarely going to happen.