Moon Landing/Flat Earth Discussion

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Son of Liberty
captain of 100

Earth as a Scroll/Flat Earth? Scriptural Interpretation?

Post by Son of Liberty »

3 Nephi 26:3
And he did expound all things, even from the beginning until the time that he should come in his glory—yea, even all things which should come upon the face of the earth, even until the elements should melt with fervent heat, and the earth should be wrapt together as a scroll

Mormon 5:23
Know ye not that ye are in the hands of God? Know ye not that he hath all power, and at his great command the earth shall be rolled together as a scroll?

Mormon 9:2
Behold, will ye believe in the day of your visitation—behold, when the Lord shall come, yea, even that great day when the earth shall be rolled together as a scroll

What does this mean truth seekers and those who seek knowledge and truth through the holy ghost this has impressed me in my readings. I will post a couple links please keep an open mind and realize that im merely speculating possibility not defending or standing up just saying I do believe this is possible. That our entire premise of our lives we have been duped into believing a Scientific lie that is meant to disprove God could this be below the secret combinations or is this within their realm you decide.

I for one have never officially challanged the narrative but lately with everything we have been revealed of lately regarding secret combinations if they can dupe us on 911 and other false flags why not on this grand scale too? They have the power and the means. You ask why? To disprove God of course.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwdL2JwCJA4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW0xTUSvqXo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1mN98EX4Ko" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdGRbPlFuFo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cayenne
captain of 100

Re: Earth as a Scroll/Flat Earth? Scriptural Interpretation?

Post by cayenne »

Thanks for the links. I have just recently looked into this flat earth concept. I am surprised at the mounting evidence for it. I have studied heavily theology and history with some science for almost 20 years. I thought the flat earth concept was silly at first. After watching probably 15 hours of videos and starting to do some of my own experiments i am rather surprised that there is really something to it. I always weigh all sides when I study. I think if you want the truth in God, and you do your part in looking at all sides of the debate, you will find it. Do I think the earth is flat? I Am not sure yet, but there is something going on here. It may well be that elements of the flat earth, and the round earth both have reality. (Not NASA's version) Like the earth is flat, but the dome is round and surrounds the earth as a sphere going below the earth as well (Instead of a spinning globe, it is a stationary one with the dome) Maybe the 10 tribes who were lost went beyond the dome, etc...I don't know for me yet.

I think I have a good understanding of how the few powerful banking families dominate the money, the media, the textbooks, the technology, the wars, the historical records etc. they do it by using people's own selfishness against themselves, and compartmentalization techniques since most people really don't go out on a limb to study for themselves. Just like I learned how WW1 and 2 history is so wrong the way we have been taught, etc....most people are media slaves who can't think for themselves in many important matters.

The PTB have the motive to hide the flat earth dome to push there agenda to try to destroy God. It is a 2 stage process. 1, they want to get as many people as possible to disbelieve in God and his absolute truths. 2, for those people they can't get to throw God completely away, they get them to atleast de literalize plain scripture to fit the science/popular interpretations of the day denying God's absolute truths. If the dome is real, then someone made it, and it wasn't happenstance, etc.

Frankly as much as I have studied the scriptures in a literal way (since God numerous times has commanded us to rely on what is written) I am rather surprised i missed several dozen scriptures that seem to make more sense to a flat type earth than a round spinning earth. I think many people today are really against a literal interpretation of scripture which to me is becoming a law into your self. I don't think it takes a theologian to read the obvious differences in scripture when they are literal vs being symbolic. God says dont lie, that is what he means, the end. Literal scripture is not hard to find. I believe in the creation accounts and flood account as they stand (although our info is limited). When God says he created a kind of animal to only create after its kind, I believe the literal interpretation, and real science has shown that is true. Yet much of so called science today has been hijacked by evil powers and they get millions to believe evolution even though they have no proof and real science has only observed what scripture says, etc...it is all compartmentalized so even your professor of whatever science at Harvard still is down the food chain from the higher ups who control the actual knowledge of true science.

Anyway, there are a number of points with the flat earth concept besides scripture that are hard to deny as holding substance. Maybe these points could be separate threads point by point to discuss them. I know now how much NASA has lied, to the point of almost laughing in disbelief. What about the Antarctic treaty? The weirdness of nuking the sky in the 50's. the admittance by NASA in recent years of never having left earth's inner orbit. The manipulation of supposed photos of earth, etc. the curvature problem with what our own eyes and telescopes tell us, what about the van Allen belts NASA says they are preparing for for future missions, yet supposedly we flew through them in the 60's etc.....holes, contradictions, fake pictures, wow, this really is a conspiracy!

I don't have a ton of time to be on the forum, but it would be interesting to get others thoughts on these issues at hand.
Last edited by cayenne on August 15th, 2016, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cayenne
captain of 100

Post by cayenne »

Oops it posted twice

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

The Earth is a slightly-fat sphere. Amateur radio operators have a series of satellites that we use for communication that orbit a spherical earth and the math that models their spherical orbits perfectly describes and predicts their orbits so that they can be used for communications precisely when they pop up from the horizon, pass overhead, until they set on the opposite horizon.

UHF/VHF Radio waves travel only within line-of-sight. If the Earth was flat, the satellites would take much longer to travel out of line-of-sight and drop below the horizon. If the Earth was flat, satellites would seem to slow down as they approached the horizon but stay just above the horizon until they hit the very edge of the Earth. This is not what happens, the Satellites quickly pop up over the horizon on one side of the sky, cross overhead and then set on the other side.

If the Earth was flat, every region on the Earth could talk to one another using the same LEO satellite because the satellite would be in line-of-sight of everyone to some degree. This is not what happens in practice.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

davedan wrote:The Earth is a slightly-fat sphere. Amateur radio operators have a series of satellites that we use for communication that orbit a spherical earth and the math that models their spherical orbits perfectly describes and predicts their orbits so that they can be used for communications precisely when they pop up from the horizon, pass overhead, until they set on the opposite horizon.

UHF/VHF Radio waves travel only within line-of-sight. If the Earth was flat, the satellites would take much longer to travel out of line-of-sight and drop below the horizon. If the Earth was flat, satellites would seem to slow down as they approached the horizon but stay just above the horizon until they hit the very edge of the Earth. This is not what happens, the Satellites quickly pop up over the horizon on one side of the sky, cross overhead and then set on the other side.

If the Earth was flat, every region on the Earth could talk to one another using the same LEO satellite because the satellite would be in line-of-sight of everyone to some degree. This is not what happens in practice.
The land might be flat but earth still has curvature - that is what you see when you look over the ocean, the water is at the same level/elevation - the horizon line is where vision is cut off as the the earth curves away from line of site.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Son of Liberty wrote: What does this mean truth seekers and those who seek knowledge and truth through the holy ghost this has impressed me in my readings. I will post a couple links please keep an open mind and realize that im merely speculating possibility not defending or standing up just saying I do believe this is possible. That our entire premise of our lives we have been duped into believing a Scientific lie that is meant to disprove God could this be below the secret combinations or is this within their realm you decide.

I for one have never officially challanged the narrative but lately with everything we have been revealed of lately regarding secret combinations if they can dupe us on 911 and other false flags why not on this grand scale too? They have the power and the means. You ask why? To disprove God of course.....
There are very many scriptures stating that there will be no more hills and all the island will become one land to the south.

D&C 133: 22 And it shall be a voice as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder, which shall break down the mountains, and the valleys shall not be found.
23 He shall command the great deep, and it shall be driven back into the north countries, and the islands shall become one land;

cayenne
captain of 100

Post by cayenne »

davedan wrote:The Earth is a slightly-fat sphere. Amateur radio operators have a series of satellites that we use for communication that orbit a spherical earth and the math that models their spherical orbits perfectly describes and predicts their orbits so that they can be used for communications precisely when they pop up from the horizon, pass overhead, until they set on the opposite horizon.

Thank you for your well informed response. I think you make a good argument for the current round earth model and curvature math. I do not pretend to know much about ham radio and radio waves, etc...I do have a friend who recently became ham certified, I should ask him about these things as well.

However, I have found some things that do not make sense to me with your explanation. (Not saying your not right, just to my understanding so far I can't make it work well)

1. According to what is taught in the schools about the curvature angle math, at 100 miles or so away, the curvature will drop the object over the curve several thousand feet. In other words that object should not be able to be seen. I myself was able to go to a place out west where the eastern side of the state is mostly the same elevation. I could see from my hotel room a mountain range about 100 miles away and those mountains were only several thousand feet tall. I could see them top to bottom on the horizon line which to me either means the earth is flat, or the curvature math is way way off, as in the curve is far more gradual then we are taught. This goes for many other people who have watched boats and things disappear for a lengthy time period out of view on the oceans, etc supposedly over the horizon only to use a telescope and bring them back into a perfectly flat view. This tells me that a ham satellite cannot possibly suddenly appear over the curve as is taught with our current mathematical curvature calculations, it would at minimum have to be more gradual appearance because I am seeing to many experiments showing no curve or a slower rate of curve. If objects that should have went over the curve have not, then logic tells me the satellites that are supposedly over the curve and out of direct sight contact actually are not over the curve either, which means they should be able to be utilized with the ham radio communications ?

2. I have recently learned that in 1915 radio signals were received from the d.c. Area to paris and hawaii, etc. these radio waves can only travel on a straight line and yet they were received over supposedly thousands of miles of curvature. This was before repeating tower technology, etc. I find that hard to explain if the earth has the currently taught curvature angles.

I look forward to your response, I have a feeling it will again be well formed and give me much to think a out :)

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Have you ever watched a lunar eclipse? Aristotle had it figured out centuries ago.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

If spherical Earth is a conspiracy theory, then it is the best conspiracy ever. It has been around something like 2500 years and we still believe in it. Ancient Greeks figured out that Earth is spherical and that knowledge has never disappeared since then.*

*Some claim that people in Middle Ages believed in flat Earth, but this is simply false. Myth of the flat Earth is part of the false idea of 'warfare between science and religion' which was invented by enemies of religion mainly during the early evolution debates.

Son of Liberty
captain of 100

Post by Son of Liberty »

Satan is the father of lies, the great deceiver. Around 1500AC Copernicus after the murder of the prophets of the lords church was able to introduce this model into circulation. Without any objection by the prophets or leaders of any of the churches. Previous to the murder of the prophets the world collectively agreed the earth was flat do your research. You might be amazed what you unearth :) seek the truth in all things ask of God and you shall find.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Son of Liberty wrote:Satan is the father of lies, the great deceiver. Around 1500AC Copernicus after the murder of the prophets of the lords church was able to introduce this model into circulation. Without any objection by the prophets or leaders of any of the churches. Previous to the murder of the prophets the world collectively agreed the earth was flat do your research. You might be amazed what you unearth :) seek the truth in all things ask of God and you shall find.
Maybe you should do your research. Copernicus has nothing to do with flat/spherical earth. He showed that Earth goes around Sun and not vice versa, but that is a whole another issue.

Ungläubige
captain of 50

Post by Ungläubige »

cayenne wrote:

Thank you for your well informed response. I think you make a good argument for the current round earth model and curvature math. I do not pretend to know much about ham radio and radio waves, etc...I do have a friend who recently became ham certified, I should ask him about these things as well.

However, I have found some things that do not make sense to me with your explanation. (Not saying your not right, just to my understanding so far I can't make it work well)

1. According to what is taught in the schools about the curvature angle math, at 100 miles or so away, the curvature will drop the object over the curve several thousand feet. In other words that object should not be able to be seen. I myself was able to go to a place out west where the eastern side of the state is mostly the same elevation. I could see from my hotel room a mountain range about 100 miles away and those mountains were only several thousand feet tall. I could see them top to bottom on the horizon line which to me either means the earth is flat, or the curvature math is way way off, as in the curve is far more gradual then we are taught. This goes for many other people who have watched boats and things disappear for a lengthy time period out of view on the oceans, etc supposedly over the horizon only to use a telescope and bring them back into a perfectly flat view. This tells me that a ham satellite cannot possibly suddenly appear over the curve as is taught with our current mathematical curvature calculations, it would at minimum have to be more gradual appearance because I am seeing to many experiments showing no curve or a slower rate of curve. If objects that should have went over the curve have not, then logic tells me the satellites that are supposedly over the curve and out of direct sight contact actually are not over the curve either, which means they should be able to be utilized with the ham radio communications ?

2. I have recently learned that in 1915 radio signals were received from the d.c. Area to paris and hawaii, etc. these radio waves can only travel on a straight line and yet they were received over supposedly thousands of miles of curvature. This was before repeating tower technology, etc. I find that hard to explain if the earth has the currently taught curvature angles.

I look forward to your response, I have a feeling it will again be well formed and give me much to think a out :)
as far as radio signals are concerned, they can bounce off of the ionosphere - which gives them greater range than just straight line of sight. you'll also find that the height of the ionosphere changes from day to night (due to solar radiation) - therefore radio signals have a longer range at night - which is why radio stations have to reduce their power at night, so as not to interfere with stations on the same frequency in distant location... it's also why you can sometimes get reception from remote radio stations at night (for example, some california broadcasts can be received in utah after dark)

and speaking of satellites, ask yourself what keeps them up in the sky? for flat earth theory, what laws of physics explain why they can stay up for years, without falling to the earth? in the spherical earth model, its easily demonstrated with high school level mathematics.

more than 10 nations and agencies have deployed satellites into orbit - so if the earth is flat, they all would have to be in on the 'conspiracy' - meaning its all a hoax, and nobody is spilling the beans (not sure why) - or they are all aware of the super-special-secret laws of physics that can suspend a satellite over a flat disk almost perpetually. so where do they gain this knowledge? its contrary to the models and the physics and the mathematics that is taught in Universities around the world.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Yes, when you use HF frequencies (Short Wave), those radio waves can bounce off the ionosphere and travel longer than line-of-sight.

VHF frequencies (FM radio) do not normally bounce off the ionosphere, and usually only travel line-of-sight. Satellites use VHF and UHF frequencies to achieve much greater range because they act as a "repeater in the sky" where a good region is within line-of-sight. But LEO satellites and geosynchronous satellites can not reach the whole Earth at one time.

Son of Liberty
captain of 100

Post by Son of Liberty »

inho wrote:
Son of Liberty wrote:Satan is the father of lies, the great deceiver. Around 1500AC Copernicus after the murder of the prophets of the lords church was able to introduce this model into circulation. Without any objection by the prophets or leaders of any of the churches. Previous to the murder of the prophets the world collectively agreed the earth was flat do your research. You might be amazed what you unearth :) seek the truth in all things ask of God and you shall find.
Maybe you should do your research. Copernicus has nothing to do with flat/spherical earth. He showed that Earth goes around Sun and not vice versa, but that is a whole another issue.
Kudos you're right you win. I made a grammatical error and or completely left out my train of thought Copernicus absolutely dismantled flat earth with his heliocentric model vs that of a geocentric model I have done my research thank you. You can't prove or disprove either theory and to rely on the precepts of man and not keep an open mind to the power of God is absolutely arrogant and denying the power of God thereof.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

I think the prophet saw the fabric of space itself being rolled together as a scroll, as Earth is being taken into a wormhole to go... somewhere else...

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I have conducted some experiments myself recently.
Living on the coast I recently watched a ship disappear below the horizon, a property of the Earth's curvature we'e told.
However, when I grabbed my binoculous I could clearly see the ship again.
It's not conclusive, but it is interesting that the narrative we're fed is not all that it seems.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Sumerian culture was around about 6 thousand years ago and they knew this:

Perhaps they had records from thousands of years earlier (Noah's Flood era).

Son of Liberty
captain of 100

Post by Son of Liberty »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o1S0oObHT0c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Weird how Oppenheimer, when congratulated on the success of detonating the first atomic bomb, noted that it was the first in more recent history.

The knowledge of the Sumerians, and some contained in both Biblical and extra-Biblical texts, suggest a civilization maybe 12 thousand or more years ago that was doing much of what we are doing today.

Ever wonder why God would flood most of the world to kill off mankind when He could have caused a disease to come forth and kill everyone but a small number of righteous? If He could alter everyone's brains at the Tower of Babel it seems He could have vaccinated Noah, his family, and converts and let the others perish. Or maybe He had to utterly wipe out that civilization, tens of millions of people and their cities, so as to blot them from even our era. So ultimately do I believe people went to the moon in the 1960s and 1970s? Yes. But they were probably not the first.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Moon Landing/Flat Earth Discussion

Post by Allison »

I am newly active here and learning to find my way around. Have there been any Moon Landing Hoax or Flat Earth discussions here? I did a search on Flat Earth and some 1,400 (or more) threads came up, simply because both words were found in many threads. Kind of makes it hard to narrow it down to the specific topic.

Am I missing something? I'd just like to know what has been discussed so far.

I AM
captain of 1,000

Re: Moon Landing/Flat Earth Topics Here?

Post by I AM »

starts at 3 min 15 sec.
This video will be available on Real.Video if it's taken off YT.

https://youtu.be/nZ_BMn4vUkU Programmed To Believe The LIE Of A Globe

https://youtu.be/R-LzAZSE6tg Rob Skiba VERY Comprehensive Proofs

http://landofclose.fyi/earth.pdf Simple Flat Earth paper

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Allison wrote: September 16th, 2018, 8:53 pm I am newly active here and learning to find my way around. Have there been any Moon Landing Hoax or Flat Earth discussions here? I did a search on Flat Earth and some 1,400 (or more) threads came up, simply because both words were found in many threads. Kind of makes it hard to narrow it down to the specific topic.

It's been discussed ad nauseum here. PLEASE, not another flat earth thead here. Please. You probably need to go to a forum that takes that 'theory' seriously.

ElizaRSkousen
captain of 100

Post by ElizaRSkousen »

larsenb wrote: September 16th, 2018, 9:35 pm
Allison wrote: September 16th, 2018, 8:53 pm I am newly active here and learning to find my way around. Have there been any Moon Landing Hoax or Flat Earth discussions here? I did a search on Flat Earth and some 1,400 (or more) threads came up, simply because both words were found in many threads. Kind of makes it hard to narrow it down to the specific topic.

It's been discussed ad nauseum here. PLEASE, not another flat earth thead here. Please. You probably need to go to a forum that takes that 'theory' seriously.
Lol!

The moon landing one though... I just watched one of those documentaries with the idea of "let's see how silly this is" but I was actually stumped a little bit!

*need more info*

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

larsenb wrote: September 16th, 2018, 9:35 pm

I missed that near-unanimous consensus...

Unless you're acting as a moderator when you say to go somewhere else... :x

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Welcome to the forum! :)