The tide is turning...

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Arenera
captain of 1,000

Re: The tide is turning...

Post by Arenera »

The Airbender wrote: August 29th, 2018, 4:16 pm
Arenera wrote: August 28th, 2018, 9:27 am
The Airbender wrote: August 28th, 2018, 9:02 am Entities cause, in great part, homosexuality. Also suicidal thoughts and tendencies. She's afflicted with unclean spirits.
I'm confused, what are you talking about?
Entities as in unclean spirits and unembodied spirits.

The first promise to those who believe is that they will cast out spirits in the name of Christ. Jesus spent a lot of time casting out unclean spirits but we like to pretend they aren't a problem today.
So it isn’t a matter of choice.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Arenera wrote: August 29th, 2018, 4:34 pm
The Airbender wrote: August 28th, 2018, 9:02 am Entities cause, in great part, homosexuality. Also suicidal thoughts and tendencies. She's afflicted with unclean spirits.

The first promise to those who believe is that they will cast out spirits in the name of Christ. Jesus spent a lot of time casting out unclean spirits but we like to pretend they aren't a problem today.
A person can choose to believe that evil spirits can be cast out through the power and authority of Jesus Christ. Or, they can choose to accept, embrace, and love their evil nature.

Over on the Augensteins FB there is a photo of two gay men, one of them kissing the other on the cheek, with the SL temple in the background. The evil spirits are having themselves a grand old party down in hell.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Lizzy60 wrote: August 29th, 2018, 5:54 pm

A person can choose to believe that evil spirits can be cast out through the power and authority of Jesus Christ. Or, they can choose to accept, embrace, and love their evil nature.

Over on the Augensteins FB there is a photo of two gay men, one of them kissing the other on the cheek, with the SL temple in the background. The evil spirits are having themselves a grand old party down in hell.
It's beyond shocking that any person claiming to be LDS and who believes in the gospel of Jesus Christ would think that having evil spirits dwell in them isn't a choice. Like they can't do anything to cast them out - and stop doing what invited them in in the first place. I don't even know what to say. :shock: :(

erichard
captain of 50

Post by erichard »

If a person comes into this world and finds out that they are a "natural born killer", then they have to decide: resist their nature and bring themselves into line with the commandment to not kill, or give into their nature and lose any chance of Celestial salvation. God will provide them help and teaching etc, but they have to make the choice and follow through.

If a person comes into this world, and they are a natural born homosexual, then they likewise face the choice, although not near as difficult as the first example: resist their nature etc, or give into their nature.

Why are any of us "natural born anythings"? Well, all intelligences are eternal, and the tendencies of that uncreated intelligence are also eternal. God provided all intelligences with a spirit body and loved and fathered and helped them as perfectly as God is, and then God lets all come to this world and choose for themselves-- giving full free agency.

We all have imperfect eternal natures, and some are surely much more difficult to reign in that others, but there is no reason to believe the Celestial Kingdom will let in anyone that does not somehow admit and eradicate behavior what would disqualify them for the Celestial Kingdom.

We have to all make our choice. What do we love the most? If the church capitulates on homosexuality for a time, that will not change a thing in heaven.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

The LDS-pro-gay folks are all linking to the latest article in LDSLiving magazine about gays. They are saying that the mission president's response is what ALL of us should say if an LDS youth tells us they are gay. His response? "This is who you are,' he said. 'And we love you."

I agree with loving the person. Remember, I had a friend who was gay, and she never had any doubt of my love and caring for her. I have a gay nephew and my niece is in a mixed orientation marriage. I have never said an unkind word to them, nor have I been unkind behind their backs. I totally admire my niece and her husband. But to say "This is who you are" implies strongly that change is not possible, nor necessary.

http://www.ldsliving.com/A-Mission-Pres ... ay/s/89155

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

EmmaLee wrote: August 29th, 2018, 6:07 pm

It's beyond shocking that any person claiming to be LDS and who believes in the gospel of Jesus Christ would think that having evil spirits dwell in them isn't a choice. Like they can't do anything to cast them out - and stop doing what invited them in in the first place. I don't even know what to say. :shock: :(
Expound.

I’m not aware of any teachings in the Church talking about allowing evil spirits dwell within. How did the gay “evil spirits” get in members born in the covenant? I haven’t heard in the Church about getting evil spirits out of people. Give me an example in the last 10 years where an evil spirit was cast out? Show me some quotes from Leaders saying not to let evil spirits in.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Arenera wrote: August 29th, 2018, 6:39 pm

Expound.

I’m not aware of any teachings in the Church talking about allowing evil spirits dwell within. How did the gay “evil spirits” get in members born in the covenant? I haven’t heard in the Church about getting evil spirits out of people. Give me an example in the last 10 years where an evil spirit was cast out? Show me some quotes from Leaders saying not to let evil spirits in.
LOL, Arenera - always asking for "proof". Hmm, who else does that....? Our kids are coming home tomorrow to stay a week - can't wait!! I'm giving my daughter-in-law a baby shower for our first grandchild - couldn't be happier! Maybe after they have left late next week, :cry: I'll take some time to expound on this (maybe not, we'll see).

ElizaRSkousen
captain of 100

Post by ElizaRSkousen »

EmmaLee wrote: August 29th, 2018, 6:43 pm

Expound.

LOL, Arenera - always asking for "proof". Hmm, who else does that....? Our kids are coming home tomorrow to stay a week - can't wait!! I'm giving my daughter-in-law a baby shower for our first grandchild - couldn't be happier! Maybe after they have left late next week, :cry: I'll take some time to expound on this (maybe not, we'll see).
Oh congratulations!

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

EmmaLee wrote: August 29th, 2018, 6:43 pm

Expound.

Congratulations! Have a good week !!!!

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Expound.

Do you read the New Testament???

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

NIGHTLIGHT wrote: August 29th, 2018, 8:23 pm

Expound.

Nightlight, I asked to give me an example in the last 10 years...

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Arenera wrote: August 29th, 2018, 9:06 pm
NIGHTLIGHT wrote: August 29th, 2018, 8:23 pm

Expound.

Nightlight, I asked to give me an example in the last 10 years...
On my mission we cast an evil spirit out of a former investigator in the area, Lorna. She had just been admitted into the emergency psych hospital, and we visited and blessed her. I felt constrained and my tongue was loosed to rebuke the spirit and we commanded it not return in the name of Jesus.

She’s still crackers, but I am not aware of any more possessions in any measure.

She definitely invited that spirit through poor choices. But severe mental illness was also a factor, which is why I think the Lord blessed her here.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

I am an example, and so is my sister. In her case, her Bishop cast out an evil spirit causing her depression. This was in Utah, not Africa or somewhere remote.

The Airbender
captain of 1,000

Post by The Airbender »

If there was a evil man in your house wanting to hurt your family would you arm yourself and chase him out or ignore him and tell yourself that you have no choice but to leave him there?

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

The Airbender wrote: August 31st, 2018, 8:28 pm

If there was a evil man in your house wanting to hurt your family would you arm yourself and chase him out or ignore him and tell yourself that you have no choice but to leave him there?
You say gay people are possessed by evil spirits. If they are possessed, how do they have a choice?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Arenera wrote: August 31st, 2018, 8:37 pm

You say gay people are possessed by evil spirits. If they are possessed, how do they have a choice?
So if the evil man enters your home and hurts your family, you'll just make him a snack and figure there's nothing you can do about it. Geesh.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

You have postulated that gays are possessed.

Christ said it takes fasting and power to remove evil spirits. Has nothing to do with eating snacks. If someone is possessed, they don’t have a choice.

So what is it, are gays possessed or not?

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Arenera wrote: August 31st, 2018, 9:17 pm You have postulated that gays are possessed.

Christ said it takes fasting and power to remove evil spirits. Has nothing to do with eating snacks. If someone is possessed, they don’t have a choice.

So what is it, are gays possessed or not?
Satan hates Adam.

And he hates that Eve was given to Adam.

He is bitter, angry and without an helpmeet.

He has no woman, and in his bitterness, seeks to make do how he can. Just like criminals do in their prison cells.

His followers are no different.

I testify in the Name of Jesus Christ, that the root of all Homosexuality, whether direct or indirect, stems from the lacking, of a suitable helpmeet, an Eve, someone to help a Man understand himself, and the God who formed him. Evil spirits are wont to have anal sex because the canal of birth and life is eternally shut off to them.

Satan has no Eve. No helpmeet, to enable him become as God.

He laments in his lacking, and in his bitterness mocks the true union of love.

Marriage is union between Man & Woman, between God & Goddess. An assault on this is an assault on Life itself, and the Mother who bore it.

One has great influence in terms of how susceptible he is to evil spirits. Choices and spiritual connection with Christ are the overruling factor. Though descendancy and choices of progenitors may also play a role.

mgridle1
captain of 1,000

Post by mgridle1 »

For your Sunday morning lesson brought to you by the open homosexuals in the Church.

-------------
In this story, Jesus restores a gay relationship by a miracle of healing and then holds up a gay man as an example of faith for all to follow.

————————————————————

Jesus had just delivered what would become the most famous sermon in history (Sermon on the Mount) on the low mountain outside of Capernaum. When he returned to the city, a centurion came to Jesus and implored him to heal his servant who was severely ill. Jesus agreed.

On the way, the centurion says he is not worthy to have Jesus enter his house. The centurion explains that when he tells a soldier to go or come, they do so, if he tells his servants to “do this,” they do it. So in like manner, if Jesus would just say the word, the servant would be healed. Jesus turned to the small crowd of people who had followed him down the mountain and declared, “I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.”

When the centurion went in his home, his servant was cured.

————————————————————

Typically there was no love lost between Roman soldiers and the Jews. Romans presided over the conquered Jewish people. Jesus had just preached on the importance of loving one’s enemies, perhaps this is one reason he agreed to go, to illustrate what he had just taught.

Jesus twice declared a person as having “great faith” and in both cases it was a gentile, this Roman centurion and the Canaanite woman who appealed for her daughter’s healing. Each declaration of faith accompanied what would be the only two miracles that Jesus performed for gentiles.

————————————————————

The King James Version has the centurion referring to his “servant,” but the Greek text says “pais” which was a servant that is used for sexual purposes. Regular slaves were called “doulos.” The Centurion makes this distinction when he asks Jesus to heal his slave (pais), and then on the way to the house, he tells Jesus that his slaves (doulos) do when he tells them to.

The version in Luke does not use the word pais, Luke says it was the centurion’s entimos doulos. The word doulos is a generic term for slave, entimos means “honored.” This servant is dear to the centurion and he shows an unusual level of concern for the servant. This is the only example of someone seeking healing for a slave, and it’s even more remarkable that this is a high-ranking Roman soldier who humbled himself and pleaded for a Jewish rabbi to heal his slave. The extraordinary lengths to which this man went to seek healing for his slave is much more understandable if the slave was his beloved companion.

————————————————————

Jesus grew up under Roman occupation. He would have known the nature of this relationship. Jesus could have condemned the centurion, instead he was amazed by the centurion’s faith. Jesus holds up this centurion as an example of the type of faith others should aspire to. He blessed the Centurion and healed the boy, his male lover.

This is the closest thing we have to Jesus’ attitude and thoughts regarding same-sex love or couples.

Jesus’ words are simple, clear, and liberating for all who have worried about what God thinks of gay relationships.

Then, just so the good, God-fearing people wouldn’t miss his point, Jesus speaks again in verse 11 & 12: “And I say unto you, that many will come from the east and the west [i.e., beyond the borders of Israel], and shall sit with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven [they’ll make it to heaven]. But the children of the kingdom [i.e., those considered likely to inherit heaven] shall be cast out into outer darkness.”

By this statement Jesus affirmed that many others like this gay-loving centurion — those who come from beyond the assumed boundaries of God’s grace — are going to be admitted to the kingdom of heaven. And he also warned that many who think themselves the most likely to be admitted will be left out.

Tags :
#queer people in the bible
#this is part of my looking at all biblical references to homosexuality
#queerstake

mgridle1
captain of 1,000

Post by mgridle1 »

Never mind that pais is used multiple times throughout the scriptures and has multiple definitions (duh, like any word has) and in every other instance is used either as servant or child, but no according to the open homosexuals-it means what Jesus did is that he "really" healed the homosexual from death and don't you see by doing that Christ was "really" endorsing homosexual behavior.

Talk about twisting the scriptures! This is the guy how proclaims how much he just looooooves the youth (YM and primary) how his ward wants him to be in Primary, he proclaims how he goes on dates with other men, how recently another man stood him up b/c the other man is married and only wanted a "side-buddy".

And people are okay with this? The SP is okay with this? The ward is okay with this? My goodness, offff cooourse he just loooooves the youth. He can corrupt them better. Just wait until he or other homosexuals use this scripture to justify pedophilia-which is essentially what he is doing only with a slight of hand.

Because you see, Jesus healed the male child lover of the Centurion, which means Jesus is totally cool with pedastry.

These people are evil and anyone who supports them are evil-period. And evilness is inside the Church and the righteous members better start standing up and better start raising their hand in opposition to these evil people to allow them to lead them.

"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

I defy ANYONE to make the claim that the current policy of allowing open homosexuals into the Church is of God. The fruits are obvious and the fruits of it are evil.

The Airbender
captain of 1,000

Post by The Airbender »

Being possessed does not remove a person's ability to choose.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

The Airbender wrote: September 2nd, 2018, 7:53 am

Explain.

The Airbender
captain of 1,000

Post by The Airbender »

Arenera wrote: September 3rd, 2018, 6:27 pm
The Airbender wrote: September 2nd, 2018, 7:53 am

Explain.
Well, what is your idea of possession? Probably something like a weird, deep voice, supernatural strength, uncontrolled spasms and the like? I don't think that is but maybe .001% of possession. I believe we are all possessed at many times to different degrees throughout our lives.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Fiannan wrote: August 26th, 2018, 7:25 am I have noted that Noah may have only written down his immediate family as survivors but he may have not cared about, or known about, other survivors and areas of land not destroyed.
Fascinating! I have wondered if Noah was really the only one. With so many societies having a Noah-figure during a great flood, I'd always thought all of the stories and myths pointed back to Noah. Recently, though, I wondered if there were more. After all, this is a huge planet.

We humans are so ego-centric. I wonder how many of us would "fly to pieces like glass" if we discovered that God spoke to a whole lot more groups/families than how many He appears to interact with in scriptures or even in our recent (post-Christ, as well as LDS) history.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Arenera wrote: August 26th, 2018, 1:32 pmI’m aware of some parents who would not attend their daughters wedding (man & woman) because she was not getting married in the temple.
That is so sad. I would know without doubt that my parents did not love me if they did this.