a new low for LGBTQIA

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: a new low for LGBTQIA

Post by Lizzy60 »

Nathan Ivie, Utah County Commissioner, came out as gay this week. He and his wife are divorcing (two young children) so he can be authentic to the person God made him to be.

And yes, he talked about his suicide attempt, because, you know, we haters need to be told that we are responsible for making gays want to kill themselves.

YouTube video link available in the Deseret News article.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900 ... r-gay.html

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

Lizzy60 wrote: May 22nd, 2019, 2:24 pm Nathan Ivie, Utah County Commissioner, came out as gay this week. He and his wife are divorcing (two young children) so he can be authentic to the person God made him to be.

And yes, he talked about his suicide attempt, because, you know, we haters need to be told that we are responsible for making gays want to kill themselves.

There is nothing quite so heroic as a man who destroys his family in pursuit of his natural man. Nearly brings a tear to my to see such courage.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Serragon wrote: May 22nd, 2019, 3:07 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: May 22nd, 2019, 2:24 pm Nathan Ivie, Utah County Commissioner, came out as gay this week. He and his wife are divorcing (two young children) so he can be authentic to the person God made him to be.

There is nothing quite so heroic as a man who destroys his family in pursuit of his natural man. Nearly brings a tear to my to see such courage.
Yes, it's pretty clear he is going to be looking for a same-sex relationship. Otherwise, why the divorce. By the way, the majority of comments on the Deseret news article are positive. He's so brave, blah, blah, blah.

I predict that when he marries another man, the Church will not excommunicate him. Too big of a black eye. We are witnessing the infiltration of one of the most depraved sins into the rank and file of the Church. Good being called evil, and evil being celebrated as good. Isaiah saw our day, as did Mormon.

dezNatDefender
captain of 100

Post by dezNatDefender »

Anyone who really wants to begin to understand the LGBTQ+ lies should really watch this video with Jordan Peterson.
Milo is a practicing homosexual ("married") but lays out some truth bombs that the LGBTQ+ community don't want spread . . .at least not until everyone is indoctrinated into their way of thinking.

Milo was sexually abused when he was 14 by a much older man-a priest. If you really watch the video as Jordan picks Milo apart (in a kind way) you will see Milo's inconsistencies that he hasn't quite reckoned with . .but that anyone who is honest can pick out.

Milo grew up in a horrible household, he admits that sexual abuse by the priest is NOT the worst thing that ever happened to him growing up. He admits that he started down this lifestyle path as a way to thumb his nose at authority (even though he claims it's part nature). Milo freely admits the LGBTQ+ community has an indoctrination where older men show younger men "the ropes", in other words it's inherently pedastric. Milo freely admits that homosexuals have more partners (especially males) b/c they lack the female docile counterpart to sexuality.

It's great conversation between a psychologist and a homosexual who are both pretty open and don't have an agenda.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Over on the public Mormons Building Bridges Facebook page, they are lamenting some of the legal things happening under the Trump administration, which they say is limiting the rights of transgender people, and making abortion more difficult to get in some states, and other similar legislation, and one commenter stated:

"Such darkness is rolling over our country right now."

Ummm, yes it is, my dear, but not in the way you think it is.

dezNatDefender
captain of 100

Post by dezNatDefender »

So this guy recently spoke in a Sacrament meeting:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/e ... 0436736201
"My dear friend Bob Verstege (in his early 60’s) shares his remarkable life story joining the church at age 14, serving a mission in Chicago, breaking off an engagement to a women knowing he is gay, finding his husband Jay (also a RM and a world renowned cardiologist) and spending 25 years together. Bob also shared the tender story of Jay dying from Alzheimer’s, caring for him all those years, being at his bedside during his passing and their close relationship with Heavenly Father. It’s a beautiful love story. After Jay died, Bob continued to feel impressions from Heavenly Father including to return to the Church where he is a member in good standing and serves as the Ward Clerk in his ward."

He posts:
"Todày, I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting. I tried my very best to honor my covenant with my Beloved Jay and my Beloved Heavenly Father, without dishonoring either. I think it was received well"
--------------------------
So here we have a practicing homosexual who only stopped practicing because his partner died, who clearly sees his past relationship as good and gives a Sacrament talk "honoring" his covenant with his homosexual partner.

Hmmmm, let's see I wonder if I could commit adultery, have the woman die (and then I stop committing adultery) and then I give a Sacrament talk where I honor my mistress. Would that fly?

Church needs to split; one-half go embrace all of homosexuality, the other half tell it to go to hell.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

I've noticed another disturbing trend on the LDS pro-LGBTQ blogs.

They have taken the "rainbow" symbol that has been usurped by the Gay Agenda, and given it a spiritual/Mormon interpretation. There was a photo of an outdoor gay wedding with a rainbow in the background, and the caption, "Yes! God approves!!" I've seen numerous photos similar to this, where a real rainbow has been in the background of some Pride event, and they claim it's a sign from heaven.

Just now I saw a scripture posted: Revelation 4:1-4

1 After this I looked, and behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a RAINBOW round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

The comment was added that it's been there in the scriptures all along -- God's approval of His Rainbow (LGBTQ) children.

Is this not the craziest thing ever? Take a symbol given by God, attach it to a perversion, then claim that God loves your perversion.

To be clear -- I am not shunning or shaming any LGBTQ person who is honestly trying to repent, to follow the teachings of Christ, to live a covenant life. But that's not what the pro-LGBTQ LDS groups are doing. They are insisting that God approves of homosexual marriage/sex, and now they are saying that the rainbow proves them right.

Mind blown.

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Post by RocknRoll »

Lizzy60 wrote: July 4th, 2019, 10:03 pm I've noticed another disturbing trend on the LDS pro-LGBTQ blogs.

They have taken the "rainbow" symbol that has been usurped by the Gay Agenda, and given it a spiritual/Mormon interpretation. There was a photo of an outdoor gay wedding with a rainbow in the background, and the caption, "Yes! God approves!!" I've seen numerous photos similar to this, where a real rainbow has been in the background of some Pride event, and they claim it's a sign from heaven.

1 After this I looked, and behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a RAINBOW round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

The comment was added that it's been there in the scriptures all along -- God's approval of His Rainbow (LGBTQ) children.

Is this not the craziest thing ever? Take a symbol given by God, attach it to a perversion, then claim that God loves your perversion.

To be clear -- I am not shunning or shaming any LGBTQ person who is honestly trying to repent, to follow the teachings of Christ, to live a covenant life. But that's not what the pro-LGBTQ LDS groups are doing. They are insisting that God approves of homosexual marriage/sex, and now they are saying that the rainbow proves them right.

Mind blown.
Just curious. Why do you spend such an inordinate amount of time surfing pro-LGBT blogs, facebook groups, etc.? You seem to have a strange obsession with anything having to do with gay people.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

RocknRoll wrote: July 5th, 2019, 10:02 am
Lizzy60 wrote: July 4th, 2019, 10:03 pm I've noticed another disturbing trend on the LDS pro-LGBTQ blogs.

Mind blown.
Just curious. Why do you spend such an inordinate amount of time surfing pro-LGBT blogs, facebook groups, etc.? You seem to have a strange obsession with anything having to do with gay people.
I don't have to spend much time. I just check Nerdy Gay Mormon and Mormons Building Bridges once a day, and that's where I find the things I post here. It takes only a few minutes.

I have this not-so-strange obsession because about 10 years ago I received a very clear message that homosexuality would be one of the main factors that would cause the LDS members to go into apostasy. I found that very hard to believe, as it was just after the Prop 8 campaign, and I thought the great majority of LDS were very clear that gay sex was sinful, and I couldn't conceive of any significant number changing their minds.

So now when I see bishops, relief society presidents, temple ordinance workers, etc, etc, doing everything they can to get other church members to believe that gay sex in a gay marriage is not sinful, and is totally approved of by God, I see that the message I received was correct.

It's also a sign of the Last Days. I have been interested in Last Days prophesies for my entire life. I was intently studying the prophetic books of the Old Testament, along with other prophesies, long before I paid any attention to the Gay Agenda. To see something like homosexuality completely accepted by temple-recommend-holding LDS members is such a clear sign of so many prophesies, that it's like watching a train wreck about to happen. As much as you don't want to see it, it's very hard to look away.

Edit to add -- I also check the Earthquake update website, as well as watching for info on seriously weird weather going on around the world. Both of these are part of Last Days warnings, as well as political unrest leading to nuclear war.
Last edited by Lizzy60 on July 5th, 2019, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

because I started this thread over a year ago,
I know, at least for me, and those of us that hate injustice,
we like to keep abreast on all the evils that are infiltrating our
church and our society.

mike_rumble
captain of 100

Post by mike_rumble »

Lizzy60 does not need to defend an interest in this or any other topic. It is often a tactic used some people, to insinuate that an interest in speaking out against the homosexual movement is a sign of hidden feelings of that nature in the speaker. I don't know if that's what RocknRoll had intended by his comments, but I have seen this kind of deflective statement used in other forums. No need to make things personal when there's plenty of other ways to debate the issue. If RocknRoll did not have the intent I'm talking about, then I apologise to him. And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

justme
captain of 1,000

Post by justme »

mike_rumble wrote: July 5th, 2019, 5:06 pm Lizzy60 does not need to defend an interest in this or any other topic. It is often a tactic used some people, to insinuate that an interest in speaking out against the homosexual movement is a sign of hidden feelings of that nature in the speaker. I don't know if that's what RocknRoll had intended by his comments, but I have seen this kind of deflective statement used in other forums. No need to make things personal when there's plenty of other ways to debate the issue. If RocknRoll did not have the intent I'm talking about, then I apologise to him. And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
I think we are reading too much into both sides. I trust Lizzy and it was interesting to hear a bit more about what makes her tick. I think she is sincere and rational if not a little passionate at times. On the other hand I also appreciate RocknRoll. If I remember his story he is dealing with and supporting family members. I think he too is sincere and it was an honest question to understand the level of Lizzy's interest.

I think the idea that homophobia is disquised self hate is old fashioned and does not seem to be used as much anymore. Probably because it is kind of paradoxical for a person who is of the opinion that homosexuality is okay to use as an insult that someone is homosexual. I do not think that was what RocknRoll was up to.

Basically I will give both of them the benefit of the doubt and look forward to more discussions with both.

Have a great weekend you all
justme

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

From a ward bulletin in Bountiful Utah, today:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-58EmtUYAA ... name=large

It sounds loving and caring, but remember, being "true" to themselves and "true" to the Church means living an openly gay life while remaining a member in good standing.

ori
captain of 1,000

Post by ori »

Lizzy60 wrote: July 7th, 2019, 7:15 pm From a ward bulletin in Bountiful Utah, today:

It sounds loving and caring, but remember, being "true" to themselves and "true" to the Church means living an openly gay life while remaining a member in good standing.
Eph 4:14
“...tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;”

The winds are becoming a hurricane.

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

ori wrote: July 7th, 2019, 7:43 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: July 7th, 2019, 7:15 pm From a ward bulletin in Bountiful Utah, today:

Eph 4:14
“...tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;”

The winds are becoming a hurricane.
----------------
Hey !
I like that scripture ! thanks
I'm going to have to look that up right now.
I've probably read it before, but just can't remember it.
I think it applies to a few mockers in this forum.

PressingForward
captain of 100

Post by PressingForward »

Wow, that was a disgusting read. I’d have to let my Bishop and Stake President know that I no longer sustain that Brother.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

PressingForward wrote: July 7th, 2019, 7:56 pm

Wow, that was a disgusting read. I’d have to let my Bishop and Stake President know that I no longer sustain that Brother.
A member of that ward commented that their Bishop is amazing and totally loves everyone in the ward. He may have been the one who wrote the article. I wonder what the Stake President thinks about it.

I used to have a connection to a member of the 12, but that was years ago, and he has passed away. I wish I knew how to get info to one of the Top 15.

gangbusters
captain of 100

Post by gangbusters »

This bulletin clearly crosses the line for me, by a lot. I have vocally expressed my opinion that gay people should be lauded for honoring their covenants, etc. But basically an entire article length feature on how awesome it is to have pride flags, and how they could “save someone’s life,” etc. Gimme a freaking break. I can guarantee you that crap wouldn’t be published in our ward here in Idaho.

Davka
captain of 1,000

Post by Davka »

:shock:

Can I please just put my precious children in a bubble? They’re still a little young to be aware of these things. How will they survive in the future when they are bombarded with these messages, even at church?

I truly love everyone around me, I see the best in them, even people who are gay. It’s a gift I have to differentiate between “the sin and the sinner,” so to speak. I know where my heart is and I know that my sorrow over this issue is not driven by hate for the LGBTQ individual or community, but by a love for my children and a desire to see them live lives in line with God’s commandments because I know that is what will make them truly happy — not superficially happy — in the long run. And “wickedness never was (true) happiness.”

I just worry so much about how I can instill in them a knowledge of the truth so they can withstand these lies they are sure to be exposed to daily; so long as we remain in the world.

I really would do anything — Anything — to see Zion established and be able to raise my children in it instead of this Babylonian hell.

Robbinius
captain of 100

Post by Robbinius »

It feels to me when we go that far to write a bulletin message like that about "love" we are taking the easy way out. In today's world, there is an easy path to acceptance by the world and that is to praise the gay lobby. We in the church can say we are just loving our gay brothers and sisters when we approve of a neighborhood full of those flags, but would we be showing our approval of it, if it was still considered a career killer and a mental disorder like it was 70 years ago? I mean I'm on an anonymous forum and if I were to put my name to this very post I would be unemployable. I feel saying it's all about "love" is just an excuse to be accepted by the world.

Of course I love all of God's children, which means I try to give of my substance to help those in trouble-- gay or straight. I want every person to have happiness and joy--gay or straight. But when it comes to joining the deafening chorus of "pride" in our sin and defiance of God's laws, I can't go that far. And that's exactly what those flags represent.

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

Davka wrote: July 7th, 2019, 10:14 pm

Can I please just put my precious children in a bubble? They’re still a little young to be aware of these things. How will they survive in the future when they are bombarded with these messages, even at church?

I truly love everyone around me, I see the best in them, even people who are gay. It’s a gift I have to differentiate between “the sin and the sinner,” so to speak. I know where my heart is and I know that my sorrow over this issue is not driven by hate for the LGBTQ individual or community, but by a love for my children and a desire to see them live lives in line with God’s commandments because I know that is what will make them truly happy — not superficially happy — in the long run. And “wickedness never was (true) happiness.”

I just worry so much about how I can instill in them a knowledge of the truth so they can withstand these lies they are sure to be exposed to daily; so long as we remain in the world.

I really would do anything — Anything — to see Zion established and be able to raise my children in it instead of this Babylonian hell.
Perhaps it is time to begin praying that hte Lord come quickly. Don't know, follow hte SPirit on that one, but I have felt prompted to pray for that from time to time.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Someone at MMB posted the name of the couple who took their daughters on this drive and then wrote the newsletter article. Her FB page shows that they have 4 daughters, one who could be in her very early teens, and three that are definitely Primary age. So young.

ThePowerofEternity111
captain of 100

Post by ThePowerofEternity111 »

Would ye give up all ye have, would ye give up this world and all ye earn in it, could ye let it all go from your heart and repent of all sin and abominations of this world. And if thou children died in tribulations could ye hold to faith in God trusting they if at right age are covered by atonement? These are questions those who seek the true Zion must ask themselves, for the true Zion is beyond what mankind is currently capable off, almost all, but a time is coming the true One shall come but not by the current church. In near future the kingdom of the serpent reveals itself to the world, it is in that time the Mighty and Strong One of prophecy shall bring forth Zion forming the church of the firstborn, the house of the Lord shall be broken up and scattered left a desolation for it failed to become Zion, but members all will be tried and tested and the truly righteous gathered by power of the Lord and his true anointed One. Bricks and Mortar matterth not let what comes upon them come, the righteous of heart who let go of this world entirely are they who are the children met for the kingdom to be adopted in the Son.

justme
captain of 1,000

Post by justme »

Lizzy60 wrote: July 8th, 2019, 8:31 am

Someone at MMB posted the name of the couple who took their daughters on this drive and then wrote the newsletter article. Her FB page shows that they have 4 daughters, one who could be in her very early teens, and three that are definitely Primary age. So young.
So it wasn't a bishopric message? I wonder what the editing and/or approval procedure is in that ward.

gangbusters
captain of 100

Post by gangbusters »

John Tavner wrote: July 8th, 2019, 8:07 am

Perhaps it is time to begin praying that hte Lord come quickly. Don't know, follow hte SPirit on that one, but I have felt prompted to pray for that from time to time.
This will be purely anecdotal to everyone, but what better place for that than an internet message board? My sister served her mission with a senior missionary who is first cousins with an apostle whom I won't name. The cousin told my sister that the brethren are pleading with the Lord to return. Direct quote. I am too.