a new low for LGBTQIA

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: a new low for LGBTQIA

Post by Lizzy60 »

Mark wrote: December 11th, 2018, 7:25 am
Lizzy60 wrote: December 9th, 2018, 2:27 pm Elder D Todd Christofferson:

LDS are free to support gay marriage on social media without losing their temple recommends.

http://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?i ... type=CMSID

This is your example? Did you read the full article? Let me quote the last couple lines for you:

"Could there be a time when the LDS Church would change its position on gay marriage?
The apostle was unequivocal.
Nope, he said."

Case closed. The Brethren will not change their views of the sanctity of marriage as between a man and a women and the need for obedience to the law of chastity. Their will be no "reset" on Gods moral laws governing behavior. There will be no split among the quorum of the 12 as you surmise. You are just trying to create controversy and division where there is none. You seem to enjoy doing that. :(
Yes, I read the full article. I have watched the video of the interview. I KNOW that homosexual sex is a deviant evil practice. A sham marriage makes it even more blasphemous. Any person who thinks there is any case where gay marriage can be supported is condoning some level of a deviant sinful practice. There is no leeway in God's eyes on this subject.

How would you feel if an Apostle said it's okay (your temple recommend is not in jeopardy) to support swinger's clubs? How about adultery? How about pedophilia? Remember, you are not participating yourself, just promoting the belief that these things are just fine and dandy for others because they happened to be born with a deviant sexual desire.

Seriously, I am still ASHAMED that an Apostle would give members of this church "permission" to condone any sort of deviant sexual sin. And you see the results -- these members have now formed lots of groups who have organized all sorts of programs and activities for any and all LGBTQ young people. I predict many hookups and partnerships have been, and will continue to be formed.

Stick around. It's only going to get more blatant. The camel has far more than his nose in the tent.

mgridle1
captain of 1,000

Post by mgridle1 »

shadow wrote: December 11th, 2018, 11:49 am
mgridle1 wrote: December 9th, 2018, 12:43 pm

https://nerdygaymormon.tumblr.com/
https://gaymormongal.tumblr.com
https://www.facebook.com/susie.augenstein
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mormons ... SEARCH_BOX

These are all pages of what you'd like to term "faithful, temple-recommend holding" TBMs. You read, you study and then tell me "all is well in Zion". Fact is you don't want to see what's happening right in front of your face.
You're confused. Those aren't TBM's. TBM's absolutely unequivocally believe the Family Proclamation. They believe the doctrine. They have no doubt that homosexuality is a sin. They watched Pres. Oaks GC talk and said Amen. That's a TBM. What you refer to as TBM's are nothing but off the beaten path Mormons with a mic. Sure, they might be holding a Temple recommend, but they aren't faithful.
Lol . ..that's the "No True Scottsman" logical fallacy to a T. No "true member" would believe in xyz.
Look, if we can't agree that TBMs are temple recommend holding members then you are fallaciously setting up the group of people who are TBMs to only be people who think exactly like you do.

It's the exact same logical fallacy that anti-Mormon's use against Saints. Huff, well you guys aren't Christian, b/c no real Christian would believe xyz! Yeah keep telling yourself that buddy-I claim I'm Christian, I believe in Christ therefore I'm a Christian regardless of whether I believe in YOUR version of Christianity or not.

Same with TBMs, these guys believe they are TBMs, they hold a recommend which denotes strong devotion to the faith, just b/c they aren't YOUR version of a TBM doesn't mean they don't consider themselves TBMs . . .b/c they do.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

mgridle1 wrote: December 11th, 2018, 3:52 pm
shadow wrote: December 11th, 2018, 11:49 am
mgridle1 wrote: December 9th, 2018, 12:43 pm

https://nerdygaymormon.tumblr.com/
https://gaymormongal.tumblr.com
https://www.facebook.com/susie.augenstein
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mormons ... SEARCH_BOX

These are all pages of what you'd like to term "faithful, temple-recommend holding" TBMs. You read, you study and then tell me "all is well in Zion". Fact is you don't want to see what's happening right in front of your face.
You're confused. Those aren't TBM's. TBM's absolutely unequivocally believe the Family Proclamation. They believe the doctrine. They have no doubt that homosexuality is a sin. They watched Pres. Oaks GC talk and said Amen. That's a TBM. What you refer to as TBM's are nothing but off the beaten path Mormons with a mic. Sure, they might be holding a Temple recommend, but they aren't faithful.
Lol . ..that's the "No True Scottsman" logical fallacy to a T. No "true member" would believe in xyz.
Look, if we can't agree that TBMs are temple recommend holding members then you are fallaciously setting up the group of people who are TBMs to only be people who think exactly like you do.

It's the exact same logical fallacy that anti-Mormon's use against Saints. Huff, well you guys aren't Christian, b/c no real Christian would believe xyz! Yeah keep telling yourself that buddy-I claim I'm Christian, I believe in Christ therefore I'm a Christian regardless of whether I believe in YOUR version of Christianity or not.

Same with TBMs, these guys believe they are TBMs, they hold a recommend which denotes strong devotion to the faith, just b/c they aren't YOUR version of a TBM doesn't mean they don't consider themselves TBMs . . .b/c they do.
I guess it's all subjective. Good point tho.
Having a Temple recommend and being active in the church does NOT = TBM. Heck, most apostates think they're TBM. I suppose Snuffer even thinks he's more TBM than anyone else. Young sure does.

I think most people define a TBM as someone who is not only active and a Temple recommend holder but one who also follows the Prophets among other things. A homosexual activist does NOT believe in the Proclamation on the Family. A TBM does. Since there is no official definition of a TBM I suppose your definition is far more liberal than most. Homosexual activists are on the fringe of mormonism. We clearly teach that homosexuality is wrong. Pres. Oaks just barely spoke about it at GC. TBM's believed him while homosexual proponents shuttered.

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

Christians Must Pay Attention To The LGBTQ Community

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

Barbie Making Gay Couple Set
https://abc7.com/society/az-couple-to-m ... t/4912601/

Sunday, December 16, 2018 05:36PM
A same-sex couple in Arizona hopes a meeting with Mattel will change toy aisles across America.

"Matt Jacobi and Nick Caprio are planning a wedding for next year.

They were looking for a doll wedding set, but all they could find was Ken and Barbie. So they bought the set and an extra Ken doll to make their own wedding set.

The project set into motion a campaign to get manufacturer Mattel to consider adding same-sex couples to their wedding sets.

"It's going to come up in your family, no matter what," Caprio said. "As more same-sex couples are having kids, your kids are going to have kids in the class that have gay parents and things like that, too, so it's not this huge shock anymore."

The plan worked. The two have a meeting scheduled with Mattel designers in Los Angeles this week."

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Another pro-LGBT article in LDSLiving, which is published by Deseret Book:

http://www.ldsliving.com/Studio-C-Membe ... ABU0qUifto

His message to other gay LDS youth --

"I’m not ashamed of who I am," Harkey shares.

"A little while back I found myself at an ultimate low, praying and begging God for answers, pleading for direction and guidance. In that moment I felt so much peace and love. I instantly felt like this part of myself that I’ve grown to demonize is an integral part of who I am. This part of myself that I’ve spent my whole life fighting isn’t my enemy. This part of myself that I’ve shoved into a dark dungeon deserves light. It was the sweetest feeling and it taught me that God expects me to be who he made me to be and expects me to develop myself and magnify who I am.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Lizzy60 wrote: December 19th, 2018, 10:05 pm Another pro-LGBT article in LDSLiving, which is published by Deseret Book:

"A little while back I found myself at an ultimate low, praying and begging God for answers, pleading for direction and guidance. In that moment I felt so much peace and love. I instantly felt like this part of myself that I’ve grown to demonize is an integral part of who I am. This part of myself that I’ve spent my whole life fighting isn’t my enemy. This part of myself that I’ve shoved into a dark dungeon deserves light. It was the sweetest feeling and it taught me that God expects me to be who he made me to be and expects me to develop myself and magnify who I am.
I guess I could slap him upside his head and then explain to him that God made me a violent person and I'm just magnifying it. Is it too crazy to humble ourselves and recognize that the natural man is an enemy to God.
I don't think their comedy act will do well in the future. I thought one of the other guys was gay. I'm a bad guesser I guess.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Lizzy60 wrote: December 19th, 2018, 10:05 pm Another pro-LGBT article in LDSLiving, which is published by Deseret Book:

I'm pretty sure he's not the only StudioC cast member who identifies as gay. There are at least 2 or 3 others that we have suspected for some time.

I haven't been a fan anyway. Too many -not- family friendly skits for a "family friendly" show.

Davka
captain of 1,000

Post by Davka »

Michelle wrote: December 21st, 2018, 7:08 pm

I'm pretty sure he's not the only StudioC cast member who identifies as gay. There are at least 2 or 3 others that we have suspected for some time.

I haven't been a fan anyway. Too many -not- family friendly skits for a "family friendly" show.
The entire original cast announced lately that they are leaving BYUTV to start their own production company, which is probably why this announcement comes now.

I wonder what direction the new company will take? My guess is that this article answers that question.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Davka wrote: December 21st, 2018, 7:33 pm
Michelle wrote: December 21st, 2018, 7:08 pm

The entire original cast announced lately that they are leaving BYUTV to start their own production company, which is probably why this announcement comes now.

I wonder what direction the new company will take? My guess is that this article answers that question.
Yes. My kids liked to watch StudioC, but we learned very early to screen the skits first.

We saw the video where they talked about why they were leaving and they seemed really excited about not having the same limits, even though they assured everyone they would be family friendly.

I don't think they know what that means.

Zombies and cannibalism don't seem very family friendly to me.

The last episode was more like a very creepy Christmas. Most of the skits were not ok for kids.

I don't intend to bother screening the new JK channel or letting my kids watch it at all.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

I seriously don't know how I feel about this. I am trying to have charity. On the one hand, it doesn't matter what anyone's orientation is as long as they keep the commandments in my mind. It's different, but I have anxiety. It runs in my family and I believe I was born predisposed to it. I fight it every day. It's also part of who I am and I don't see it as an evil unless it leads me to sin (and it has). ignoring it makes it worse, i have top acknowledge it in order to live with it. I make jokes about it, I openly speak of it to help others feel less alone and broken. I'd prefer not to have it, but its there and I learn to live within the gospel as best I can with it. Sure makes missionary work hard though.
On the other hand, I loathe this defining of ourselves by our ungodly inclinations. Doesn't that just promote others falling into a false sense of security and faulty logic, like - everyone else is saying they desire to steal, so stealing must be ok.
But the more I hear this stuff the more I think, "there shall be many who will say, Do this, or do that, and it mattereth not, for the Lord will uphold such at the last day." (Moroni 8)
I am trying to give all the benefit of the doubt that until they say otherwise, they plan to keep the commandments. But I feel an uneasiness.

mgridle1
captain of 1,000

Post by mgridle1 »

Yahtzee wrote: December 21st, 2018, 11:16 pm On the one hand, it doesn't matter what anyone's orientation is as long as they keep the commandments in my mind.
You cannot keep the commandments if you are desiring to have sex with people of the same sex!
Anxiety and wanting to have sex with the same sex are 2 completely different things.

Don't let the homosexualists fool you. They were very, very clever in turning the discussion from a plain definition to a very complex definition (the same with what is happening with gender today).

Same-sex "orientation" is the desire to have SEX with the same-sex. That is absolutely 100% against the commandments.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

mgridle1 wrote: December 22nd, 2018, 2:13 pm
Yahtzee wrote: December 21st, 2018, 11:16 pm On the one hand, it doesn't matter what anyone's orientation is as long as they keep the commandments in my mind.
You cannot keep the commandments if you are desiring to have sex with people of the same sex!
Anxiety and wanting to have sex with the same sex are 2 completely different things.
Yes, if you go back to my post, I said it was different. I'm trying to say we all have mental difficulties. I take the unpopular opinion that homosexuality is a mental disorder. In that regard, I view it no differently than my anxiety so I drew parallels.
We'll have to disagree about the rest, I suppose. Fixating on a desire (lust) is a sin. Temptation is not. I get that from the scriptures, not some LGBT lobby.

mike_rumble
captain of 100

Post by mike_rumble »

It was only a matter of time.
"Pedophiles Believe They Should Be A Part Of The LGBT Community"
https://dailycaller.com/2018/07/09/pedo ... community/
What next? Maybe incest and beastiality a part of the LGBT community?
Wake up. Open your eyes. You will see all manner of perversion become acceptable, if not in our lifetime then certainly in that of our children.
Hand in hand with this will be the persecution of anyone who follows Christ, even persecution unto death and sanctioned by the state.
May the Lord return quickly and put an end to these abominations.

FattyArBeltBuckle
captain of 100

Post by FattyArBeltBuckle »

mike_rumble wrote: December 25th, 2018, 12:46 pm It was only a matter of time.
Wake up. Open your eyes. You will see all manner of perversion become acceptable, if not in our lifetime then certainly in that of our children.
Hand in hand with this will be the persecution of anyone who follows Christ, even persecution unto death and sanctioned by the state.
Pedophiles have always been at the forefront of Sodomites. Harry Hay a prominent "Gay Rights" advocate was also a practicing pedophile; Advocating the the abolition of age of consent laws. Sodomites end goal is to abolish any age of consent laws. The Sodomite magazine "Guide" refers to pedophiles as “prophets” of sexual freedom, the Guide editorialist wrote: “We must listen to our prophets. Instead of fearing being labeled pedophiles, we must proudly proclaim that sex is good, including children’s sexuality. . . . Surrounded by pious moralists with deadening anti-sexual rules, we must be shameless rulebreakers, demonstrating our allegiance to a higher concept of love. We must do it for the children’s sake.” Sodomites have always been after children. The vast majority of serial child molesters identify as "Gay" or "bi-sexual".

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

Lizzy60 wrote: December 9th, 2018, 9:57 am
One of two things is going to happen in the future. Either it is fully accepted or fully rejected and when that happens there is most definitely going to be a split.

You can not deal with such a thing as this and not have full ramifications of a split. If one looks at history, the splits in the Church occurred over sexuality.

The big question though is that for a real big split to occur there must be a division in the Q12 with one or two of the being excommunicated or something of that nature. Otherwise one of the splits will not be able to claim authority.
I believe there is already a split waiting to happen in the Q12. I have identified 4-5 Apostles who seem to be leaning toward a "reset" or a softening on the issue of homosexuality, especially when it's a married, committed, gay couple. The First Presidency is still very strong on the evil of gay marriage and gay sex, both there are definitely some among the Q12 who are taking a more nuanced approach.

So many lies being spread.
Sorry but this is just nonsense.

illyume
captain of 100

Post by illyume »

FattyArBeltBuckle wrote: December 27th, 2018, 11:47 pm
Pedophiles have always been at the forefront of Sodomites. Harry Hay a prominent "Gay Rights" advocate was also a practicing pedophile; Advocating the the abolition of age of consent laws. Sodomites end goal is to abolish any age of consent laws. The Sodomite magazine "Guide" refers to pedophiles as “prophets” of sexual freedom, the Guide editorialist wrote: “We must listen to our prophets. Instead of fearing being labeled pedophiles, we must proudly proclaim that sex is good, including children’s sexuality. . . . Surrounded by pious moralists with deadening anti-sexual rules, we must be shameless rulebreakers, demonstrating our allegiance to a higher concept of love. We must do it for the children’s sake.” Sodomites have always been after children. The vast majority of serial child molesters identify as "Gay" or "bi-sexual".
I've never heard of this publication before, nor of the quote you've given. I'm having trouble finding it with a search, too. Do you have a source on it?

FattyArBeltBuckle
captain of 100

illyume wrote: December 31st, 2018, 11:01 am
FattyArBeltBuckle wrote: December 27th, 2018, 11:47 pm
I've never heard of this publication before, nor of the quote you've given. I'm having trouble finding it with a search, too. Do you have a source on it?
https://www.gaydata.com/db/guide.htm

The quote was from a paper I read and saved, not directly from the "magazine". It appears that magazine has rebranded. Not surprising for Sodomite publications, given the amount of filth they spew. I'm a little apprehensive posting these links, however, you asked for them. Why act so surprised filth like this spews from the mouth or pen of a Sodomite?

https://www.dailyxtra.com/

FattyArBeltBuckle
captain of 100

Looking through notes, I found this. I can't verify it more than that, since i don't have a copy (neither would I have one). However, I have showed you the magazine existed, it published political and sociological essays on "Homosexual" deathstyles.

"The Real Child Abuse", The Guide, July 1995

By the way, "Google" and other search engines make it almost impossible to find "true" information. Their algorithms are specifically written to filter out information that sheds light on the true nature of Sodomites. That is probably the reason you were having a hard time finding this information. Change your search criteria. Try "Edward Hougen Gay". What shows up? This was the first hit.

http://www.williamapercy.com/wiki/index ... y_Magazine

Oh yeah, the Publisher Edward Hougen was a member of NAMBLA. So I would say the quote i posted earlier is more than likely to come from his magazine.

"Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. " Romans 1:32

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

USGA is a student group at BYU for LGBT students. Today a young man posted his thoughts on their site, and said that he does not consider his gay orientation a disease nor a detriment, but rather a SUPERPOWER given to him by God, to teach him to love and connect with people in a unique way.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Lizzy60 wrote: January 7th, 2019, 2:58 pm USGA is a student group at BYU for LGBT students. Today a young man posted his thoughts on their site, and said that he does not consider his gay orientation a disease nor a detriment, but rather a SUPERPOWER given to him by God, to teach him to love and connect with people in a unique way.
But don't even THINK about attending the Lord's university if you have facial hair (unless you're gay, as well, then I'm sure the beard will be overlooked).

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Lizzy60 wrote: January 7th, 2019, 2:58 pm USGA is a student group at BYU for LGBT students. Today a young man posted his thoughts on their site, and said that he does not consider his gay orientation a disease nor a detriment, but rather a SUPERPOWER given to him by God, to teach him to love and connect with people in a unique way.
Now we're combining Marvel superheroes, LGBT, and the gospel of Jesus Christ! What a wonderful world! Can't wait for the movie. Why is there even a group at BYU for LGBT students? Is there a group for students addicted to porn? Students who like to fornicate with the opposite sex? Maybe, I sure hope so, as I'm sure there are a LOT more of those two groups than young people who think they're gay. What about students who masturbate? Steal? Lie? Cheat? Anyone who does these things was obviously born that way; given these tendencies by God for his purposes, right?

mgridle1
captain of 1,000

Post by mgridle1 »

Absolutely, I've been seeing this since I really started investigating this whole sordid mess. Homosexuals aren't sinful fallen people they are really angels send here by God to teach the rest of us horrible sinners how to "love better".

Homosexuality is lifted up on a pedestal as better a higher and holier way. And leadership has failed to call it out and condemn it for what it is. They did previously but they don't anymore.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

mgridle1 wrote: January 7th, 2019, 7:00 pm
Absolutely, I've been seeing this since I really started investigating this whole sordid mess. Homosexuals aren't sinful fallen people they are really angels send here by God to teach the rest of us horrible sinners how to "love better".

Homosexuality is lifted up on a pedestal as better a higher and holier way. And leadership has failed to call it out and condemn it for what it is. They did previously but they don't anymore.
They don't because they are immediately blamed for suicides. There are several suicides blamed directly on Oaks' most recent General Conference talk. So, I have a question. With the positive media views and portrayals of all things gay, and the many pro-gay groups in Utah who are claiming to love unconditionally, why does a teenager commit suicide right after an old man gives a church talk? Is it possible that the Holy Ghost or Light of Christ is whispering to these youth that gay sexual acts are sinful, and rather than deal with the conflict, they choose to die? All the support groups in the world will not help a young person who has access to the Holy Ghost and can know from God Himself that he shouldn't live the gay lifestyle.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Or, they are possessed - and possessed individuals often commit suicide. Elder Renlund said just last year that suicide isn't a sin anymore, so there's that.