a new low for LGBTQIA

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Yahtzee
captain of 100

Re: a new low for LGBTQIA

Post by Yahtzee »

Lizzy60 wrote: April 10th, 2019, 3:21 pm However, to the pro-gay LDS activists, it is heresy and the most horrible thing imaginable to tell an LGBT that they should not seek and live a gay or trans lifestyle. They call it "erasure" and they preach that it's a horrible thing that leads to suicide.
Wow! They are so fixated on sex! That's really what they're saying here. Lifestyle means gay sex and sexual parades. Not being able to have sex is so awful it's worth dying over? Seriously?!?
I mean, it's fun and all, but get a life guys. Travel. Serve. Study. Play an instrument. Get a PhD. You can live a pretty good life without sex. No need to kill oneself. I cannot believe how many buy into this narrative.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

The folks over at Mormons Building Bridges are discussing the rescinding of the "apostasy" part of gay marriage. They quoted Pres Oaks saying the homosexuality is a "challenge of mortality". The following comment is pretty common with them -----

------------------------

Dallin Oaks says that our beautiful God-given orientations are a "challenge of mortality." What's actually a challenge is living on the same planet as straight supremacists. THAT challenge will be gone in the next life, because straight supremacy is an evil already defeated by Christ.

-------------------------
Also, they say that the Brethren are not able to hear the Lord giving them revelation that homosexuality and homosexual marriage are righteous and beautiful, because they can't put away their "long-ingrained bigotry."

I think there's a bridge that's never going to be built. It's a one-way bridge for them. No compromise allowed.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR ... LeMVykzvKY

"I stand before family, friends, and my graduating class today, to say that I am proud to be a gay son of God."

BYU's Family, Home, and Social Sciences valedictorian.

jsk
captain of 100

Post by jsk »

Lizzy60 wrote: April 26th, 2019, 7:41 am The folks over at Mormons Building Bridges are discussing the rescinding of the "apostasy" part of gay marriage. They quoted Pres Oaks saying the homosexuality is a "challenge of mortality". The following comment is pretty common with them -----

------------------------

Dallin Oaks says that our beautiful God-given orientations are a "challenge of mortality." What's actually a challenge is living on the same planet as straight supremacists. THAT challenge will be gone in the next life, because straight supremacy is an evil already defeated by Christ.

-------------------------
Also, they say that the Brethren are not able to hear the Lord giving them revelation that homosexuality and homosexual marriage are righteous and beautiful, because they can't put away their "long-ingrained bigotry."

I think there's a bridge that's never going to be built. It's a one-way bridge for them. No compromise allowed.
I think I've made my position clear that we as LDS need to be kind to those who identify as gay. But that certainly doesn't mean we should ever condone the lifestyle. I agree that such comments as you quote above reflect only a desire to build a one way bridge...they want the Church to change its doctrine. It ain't gonna happen and it shouldn't happen. That's one reason I can have a relationship with my gay son...he has emphatically stated that while he doesn't have a testimony of the Church, he doesn't believe the Church should change its standards or doctrines. I can deal with someone who has that outlook. I can't deal with those who claim those of us who don't embrace the homosexual agenda and don't believe homosexuality is on par with heterosexuality and don't believe homosexuality is condoned by the Lord and don't believe homosexual marriage should be recognized by the Church and solemnized in the Holy Temple are bigots. I guess they don't see the irony in the lack of tolerance in their position.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Lizzy60 wrote: April 27th, 2019, 7:06 am https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR ... LeMVykzvKY

"I stand before family, friends, and my graduating class today, to say that I am proud to be a gay son of God."

Why would someone be proud to have same-sex attraction? Why does having that affliction make him feel "proud"? Should a person be proud that they crave alcohol or drugs? Should a person be proud that they are sexually attracted to children? (these are all rhetorical questions, BTW) It's bad enough that such a statement was made by anyone, let alone by an LDS person representing an LDS university, smh.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

EmmaLee wrote: April 27th, 2019, 10:42 am
Lizzy60 wrote: April 27th, 2019, 7:06 am https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR ... LeMVykzvKY

Why would someone be proud to have same-sex attraction? Why does having that affliction make him feel "proud"? Should a person be proud that they crave alcohol or drugs? Should a person be proud that they are sexually attracted to children? (these are all rhetorical questions, BTW) It's bad enough that such a statement was made by anyone, let alone by an LDS person representing an LDS university, smh.
It boggles the mind. And yes, there was much applause for his "coming out" at the podium in the Marriott Center.
PRIDE -- such a fitting word for the Gay Agenda to have adopted.

His faculty advisor twittered out how proud he is of this guy, and another person said that it's a proud day for BYU.

Have we forgotten that PRIDE is a sin? Gay Pride. Compounded sin.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... e?lang=eng

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Lizzy60 wrote: April 27th, 2019, 10:52 am
EmmaLee wrote: April 27th, 2019, 10:42 am

It boggles the mind. And yes, there was much applause for his "coming out" at the podium in the Marriott Center.
PRIDE -- such a fitting word for the Gay Agenda to have adopted.

His faculty advisor twittered out how proud he is of this guy, and another person said that it's a proud day for BYU.

Have we forgotten that PRIDE is a sin? Gay Pride. Compounded sin.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... e?lang=eng
I was just going to say - apparently pride is not a sin anymore either. How could President Benson have gotten it so wrong... :?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

This BYU video is the topic of a post over at ByCommonConsent, and someone commented that we need to remember that homosexual activity is still considered a sin in the Church. But, you probably missed it, as they have deleted that comment, because, you know, triggering. Someone might suffer suicidal ideation if they are reminded that there are still Mormons who believe sodomy is a sin.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

A comment allowed at ByCommonConsent:

"What a transcendent young man. I hope he becomes the first gay, and married, General Authority."

Have they gone stark raving mad?!?!?!?

oklds
captain of 100

Post by oklds »

Lizzy60 wrote: April 12th, 2019, 3:17 pm This isn't really a new low, but it made me laugh so I'll share it here.

The people at Mormons Building Bridges often bash Elder Oaks. Today someone posted that Pres Oaks is to the Gay Agenda that Pres Benson was to Communism.

It reminded me of a meme I saw recently that said "the same people who think Trump is a Christian also think Obama is a Muslim".

I don't think they are saying what they think they are saying. LOL!!
You can't fix 'stupid'.....

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

LDS youth of today at BYU -
BYU.jpg
BYU.jpg (157.71 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
BYU1.JPG
BYU1.JPG (86.49 KiB) Viewed 1150 times

Here's an interesting article that also applies -

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900 ... eedom.html

How the Supreme Court's decision to hear cases on LGBTQ discrimination affects religious freedom
By
Kelsey Dallas
Published: April 22, 2019 1:59 pm

SALT LAKE CITY — Lawmakers and legal experts disagree on whether federal nondiscrimination laws protect gay, lesbian and transgender workers. Now, the Supreme Court is taking the decision out of their hands.

Justices announced Monday that they will hear three cases involving employment discrimination claims this fall. Two feature gay men who were fired soon after their employers learned of their sexual orientation, and the third involves a transgender woman who was let go soon after her transition.

The Supreme Court's eventual rulings will hold significant consequences for LGBTQ employees and their employers, including people of faith, legal experts said.

"The stakes here are huge," wrote James Esseks, director of the ACLU's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and HIV Project, in a blog reacting to the Supreme Court's announcement.

If justices rule that "sex discrimination" includes sexual orientation and gender identity-based discrimination, religiously affiliated businesses or schools could face lawsuits if they refuse to hire gay or transgender employees. But if the rulings go the other way and limit the scope of sex discrimination protections, LGBTQ workers may have no legal recourse to being fired or mistreated.

More than 15 states currently offer no employment protections for LGBTQ residents, and 12 protect only public workers, according to the Human Rights Campaign.

The Supreme Court cases center on Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which "prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex and national origin." Traditionally, sex discrimination claims have involved unequal treatment of male and female employees or mistreatment of pregnant workers.

Amid rising support for LGBTQ rights, advocacy groups like the American Civil Liberties Union have worked to broaden this legal interpretation. They've argued with mixed results that Title VII also protects gay, lesbian and transgender workers, who aren't mentioned in the statute.

"The U.S Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit, based in New York, and the 7th Circuit, based in Chicago, have ruled that sex discrimination laws protect gays and lesbians. The 11th Circuit, based in Atlanta, has said they do not. And the 6th Circuit, based in Cincinnati, has said transgender people are protected," USA Today reported.

President Barack Obama and his administration embraced a broad definition of sex discrimination, defending LGBTQ workers in court. President Donald Trump's team, on the other hand, argues that sex discrimination does not include discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.

"In October of 2017, (then-Attorney General) Jeff Sessions put out a memo directing Justice Department lawyers not to take the position that transgender discrimination is a form of sex discrimination," said Ria Tabacco Mar, a senior staff attorney with the ACLU, to the Deseret News last year.

" Neither government agencies nor the courts have authority to rewrite federal law by replace 'sex' with 'gender identity. "
John Bursch, an attorney for the Alliance Defending Freedom
Many who reject the broader interpretation of sex discrimination say it should be policymakers, not judges, who create new protections for LGBTQ workers.

"Neither government agencies nor the courts have authority to rewrite federal law by replace 'sex' with 'gender identity,'" said John Bursch, an attorney for the Alliance Defending Freedom, which often represents religious conservatives in court, to the The Associated Press.

However, legislative efforts rarely overcome partisanship. Only 10 of the 37 LGBTQ rights bills considered by state legislatures last year had bipartisan sponsorship, according to a Deseret News analysis.

Currently, 21 states, including Utah, and Washington, D.C., prohibit sexual orientation or gender identity-based employment discrimination, according to the Human Rights Campaign. An additional eight states protect only public employees from these forms of discrimination.

The Equality Act, which is before Congress right now, would outlaw discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity nationwide. Although two Republicans, one in each chamber, joined the crowd of Democrats promoting the measure, few policy experts expect it to pass the Republican-controlled Senate.

The debate surrounding the Equality Act illustrates how new protections for LGBTQ Americans can clash with religious freedom laws. If it passes, religiously affiliated schools and other faith-based organizations could face lawsuits for refusing to hire gay workers or limiting which facilities transgender students can use, even if these policies were tied to religious beliefs.

"There would be an effort to punitively sue them into oblivion," said Tim Schultz, president of 1st Amendment Partnership, to the Deseret News last month.

Religious freedom initially played a role in one of the three cases the Supreme Court will hear, R.G. & G.R. Harris Funeral Homes v. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. The funeral home's owners argued that federal religious freedom protections guaranteed their right to fire a transgender worker for religious reasons, but they dropped this claim when they appealed to the Supreme Court and are focusing instead on the scope of Title VII.

All three employment discrimination cases will be argued next term, which begins in October. Decisions will likely come before the end of June 2020.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Another low point, illustrating how far down the rabbit hole we've gone:

There is a new podcast by Ostler (temple ordinance worker) featuring a gay couple, who were once LDS missionaries. The first comment, posted by an active member of the church, a Melchizedek priesthood holder, asked, "after hearing your story, how can anyone doubt that your marriage is ordained by God?"

Seriously -- ORDAINED. By God. A 25-year-long marriage of two men.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Yahtzee wrote: April 13th, 2019, 1:41 am
Lizzy60 wrote: April 10th, 2019, 3:21 pm However, to the pro-gay LDS activists, it is heresy and the most horrible thing imaginable to tell an LGBT that they should not seek and live a gay or trans lifestyle. They call it "erasure" and they preach that it's a horrible thing that leads to suicide.
Wow! They are so fixated on sex! That's really what they're saying here. Lifestyle means gay sex and sexual parades. Not being able to have sex is so awful it's worth dying over? Seriously?!?
I mean, it's fun and all, but get a life guys. Travel. Serve. Study. Play an instrument. Get a PhD. You can live a pretty good life without sex. No need to kill oneself. I cannot believe how many buy into this narrative.

First they steal the gay word from the dictionary, and now half the alphabet.

A spade, by any other name, is still a spade.

Go ask Henry. :P

So it goes.

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

this is very far- fetched and total speculation
but does anyone think that the renovation plans for the Salt Lake temple -
closing for 4 years, could include anything to do with accommodating the LGBT in any way ?

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

If I may I would like to say one thing with regards to the penchant some posters have to believe that the Church's attitude towards gays is a new thing. About 35 years ago I was very angry and I went to my bishop and I told him I wished to ask him a question about homosexuals. He agreed to try to answer my question. I asked him if I would be condemned by the Lord for killing queers. He looked at me as if I had lost my mind, then he said yes that I would be a murderer and that I had no right to shed "innocent blood" to which I asked "Do you believe that they are innocent blood?" His hesitation told me a lot, but he correctly replied, "Yes, they are innocent blood." The Church is only addressing this issue because it has to, not because anything has changed in the Lord's position on it. What some mistaken leaders do is on them, the GAs have long put out correct doctrine that should be followed.

justme
captain of 1,000

Post by justme »

I AM wrote: April 29th, 2019, 11:40 pm this is very far- fetched and total speculation
but does anyone think that the renovation plans for the Salt Lake temple -
closing for 4 years, could include anything to do with accommodating the LGBT in any way ?
No

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

I was not able to copy the cartoon and move it here, so imagine 6 squares, each with a cartoon face depicting a man, with the words "Some Heroes of the Faith" at the top of the 6 pictures. Each picture has a name above the face, and a phrase under the face. It says....

Abraham....came out of Ur
Moses.....came out of Egypt
David.....came out to face Goliath
Daniel.....came out of the Lion's Den
Jesus.....came out of the Tomb

And the final box? The hero for our day?
Pat......came out of the closet

Yes, this cartoon, in all seriousness, promotes homosexuals who declare their sexual desire, as today's heroes of the faith.

Could it really get more upside-down than this?

By the way, I found this on Mormons Building Bridges, where it is praised as representative of what brave, proud LDS LGBTQ people are doing, like the BYU grad who announced his depraved sexual desire over the pulpit in the Marriott Center.

Edit -- here is a copy of the cartoon. You can buy a print for your favorite LGBTQ person.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/98206432/h ... mTrkpOeMWY
Last edited by Lizzy60 on May 9th, 2019, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

Looks like the artist has lots of good cartoons on similar themes. I liked this one:

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Where can LGBTQ teens go in Salt Lake to meet other LGBTQ teens? The Rainbow Pride Teen Party at the LIBRARY!!!!!

https://slcls.libnet.info/event/1960631

Notice how they spelled "games" in the announcement. GAYMES. So cute. Not.

Your tax dollars at work.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

On the season premier of the PBS cartoon show for children, Authur, there is a gay marriage between two of the schoolteachers.

https://hollywoodlife.com/2019/05/13/ar ... F8L5D642Dc

Indoctrinating your children into the acceptance of sodomy and blasphemy.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Today's message from Nerdy Gay Mormon (the man who is the executive secretary to his Stake Pres in Florida):
------------------------------------------
I feel like I learn a lot about how open a person is and how they actually view me, when I posit the idea the Jesus or John the Beloved or Ammon or the 3 Nephites was gay.
If their initial reaction is something like how wrong it is to even consider this, “he wasn’t queer,” “why do you always try to make everyone gay?” I know I’m speaking with a bigot.
If they say they hadn’t considered it before, that’s someone I can get along with.
If they say it doesn’t matter, a righteous person is a righteous person, I got an ally.
There’s nothing in the text to refute the idea that some of these scripture characters were queer.
Queer people are always having straight people presented to us as our role models, it’s good for straight people to get the reverse of that so they know what it’s like.
I think it’s hard for some straight people to entertain having gay heroes. They’re not used to having to relate, they don’t have to translate pronouns as they sing along to the radio.
-------------------------------
[I am NOT going to copy and paste what he says about the possibility of Heavenly Father having some husbands along with His wives. Totally cringe-worthy. These people are crossing the line.]

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

Lizzy60 wrote: May 16th, 2019, 7:39 pm Today's message from Nerdy Gay Mormon (the man who is the executive secretary to his Stake Pres in Florida):
------------------------------------------
I feel like I learn a lot about how open a person is and how they actually view me, when I posit the idea the Jesus or John the Beloved or Ammon or the 3 Nephites was gay.
If their initial reaction is something like how wrong it is to even consider this, “he wasn’t queer,” “why do you always try to make everyone gay?” I know I’m speaking with a bigot.
If they say they hadn’t considered it before, that’s someone I can get along with.
If they say it doesn’t matter, a righteous person is a righteous person, I got an ally.
There’s nothing in the text to refute the idea that some of these scripture characters were queer.
Queer people are always having straight people presented to us as our role models, it’s good for straight people to get the reverse of that so they know what it’s like.
I think it’s hard for some straight people to entertain having gay heroes. They’re not used to having to relate, they don’t have to translate pronouns as they sing along to the radio.
-------------------------------
[I am NOT going to copy and paste what he says about the possibility of Heavenly Father having some husbands along with His wives. Totally cringe-worthy. These people are crossing the line.]
"A righteous person is a righteous person" Exactly.
That's the crux he's missing.
A disciple of Christ loses their "self" to serve Him.
They don't define themselves as anything except a disciple of Christ. They don't hold up any one, queer, straight, black, white, whatever.... as a relatable hero because Christ is the only one that matters.
I get caught up in that. I want relatable people. I want to see myself as someone else, but ultimately that means I'm putting those people above Christ. I don't think, "what would Jesus do?" I think, "what would relatable person do?" Missing the whole point.

justme
captain of 1,000

Post by justme »

But do you have any gay heroes? Interesting question.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

justme wrote: May 16th, 2019, 8:19 pm But do you have any gay heroes? Interesting question.
Wouldn’t call him a hero but I’ve found Milo entertaining at times.

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

justme wrote: May 16th, 2019, 8:19 pm But do you have any gay heroes? Interesting question.
Alan Turing is the first one that comes immediately to mind.