a new low for LGBTQIA

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
mgridle1
captain of 1,000

Re: a new low for LGBTQIA

Post by mgridle1 »

EmmaLee wrote: January 7th, 2019, 8:05 pm Elder Renlund said just last year that suicide isn't a sin anymore, so there's that.
More false doctrine from our leaders that doesn't line up with scripture and no revelations to back it up. (clarification, I do believe we don't know the end state of someone who commits suicide-it's murder of self-how God judges it-well that's why He's the Judge.

Didn't you know "identifying" as a homosexual is no longer a sin anymore either. . . ..but don't you dare drink tea (tsk,tsk).

mgridle1
captain of 1,000

Post by mgridle1 »

Lizzy60 wrote: January 7th, 2019, 7:15 pm
mgridle1 wrote: January 7th, 2019, 7:00 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: January 7th, 2019, 2:58 pm USGA is a student group at BYU for LGBT students. Today a young man posted his thoughts on their site, and said that he does not consider his gay orientation a disease nor a detriment, but rather a SUPERPOWER given to him by God, to teach him to love and connect with people in a unique way.
Absolutely, I've been seeing this since I really started investigating this whole sordid mess. Homosexuals aren't sinful fallen people they are really angels send here by God to teach the rest of us horrible sinners how to "love better".

Homosexuality is lifted up on a pedestal as better a higher and holier way. And leadership has failed to call it out and condemn it for what it is. They did previously but they don't anymore.
They don't because they are immediately blamed for suicides. There are several suicides blamed directly on Oaks' most recent General Conference talk. So, I have a question. With the positive media views and portrayals of all things gay, and the many pro-gay groups in Utah who are claiming to love unconditionally, why does a teenager commit suicide right after an old man gives a church talk? Is it possible that the Holy Ghost or Light of Christ is whispering to these youth that gay sexual acts are sinful, and rather than deal with the conflict, they choose to die? All the support groups in the world will not help a young person who has access to the Holy Ghost and can know from God Himself that he shouldn't live the gay lifestyle.
I do have quite a bit of sympathy for these folks. Almost always they have some severe emotional/physical/sexual trauma that has lead to this type of behavior.

And the medicine we are giving is the exact opposite of what they need! They need a message of hope a message of salvation, that they can change, they can repent, they can forgive those who have hurt them deeply. The only way they will become whole is by turning to Christ and becoming a new man or woman in Christ and following His laws, rather than giving in to a hedonistic lifestyle.

The essence of the Gospel of Christ is in short supply these days.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

EmmaLee wrote: January 7th, 2019, 8:05 pm Or, they are possessed - and possessed individuals often commit suicide.
Ding ding ding!! This is my unpopular personal opinion that comes from knowing a fair number of LGBTQ people (grew up in N.Cal. It's everywhere) and feeling suicidal post partum.

Deseret Defender
captain of 10

Post by Deseret Defender »

Lizzy60 wrote: January 7th, 2019, 7:15 pm
mgridle1 wrote: January 7th, 2019, 7:00 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: January 7th, 2019, 2:58 pm USGA is a student group at BYU for LGBT students. Today a young man posted his thoughts on their site, and said that he does not consider his gay orientation a disease nor a detriment, but rather a SUPERPOWER given to him by God, to teach him to love and connect with people in a unique way.
Absolutely, I've been seeing this since I really started investigating this whole sordid mess. Homosexuals aren't sinful fallen people they are really angels send here by God to teach the rest of us horrible sinners how to "love better".

Homosexuality is lifted up on a pedestal as better a higher and holier way. And leadership has failed to call it out and condemn it for what it is. They did previously but they don't anymore.
They don't because they are immediately blamed for suicides. There are several suicides blamed directly on Oaks' most recent General Conference talk. So, I have a question. With the positive media views and portrayals of all things gay, and the many pro-gay groups in Utah who are claiming to love unconditionally, why does a teenager commit suicide right after an old man gives a church talk? Is it possible that the Holy Ghost or Light of Christ is whispering to these youth that gay sexual acts are sinful, and rather than deal with the conflict, they choose to die? All the support groups in the world will not help a young person who has access to the Holy Ghost and can know from God Himself that he shouldn't live the gay lifestyle.
To progressives, love means never asking someone to admit they're wrong.

mike_rumble
captain of 100

Post by mike_rumble »

Here's another article showing how the LGBTQIA community has now begun using our libraries to influence children into accepting their way of life. These things are being promoted by the very staff who run our libraries. There's a statement that reads something to the effect that "it's for the children". That can be taken two ways for sure. The targets of these perversions were the schools. Now it's the libraries. At the same time, they target the churches and the families. What will it take for the General Authorities to speak out against this terrible cultural change, and stop trying to appease the evil in our society?
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/mi ... afe-spaces

mgridle1
captain of 1,000

Post by mgridle1 »

mike_rumble wrote: January 26th, 2019, 9:58 pmWhat will it take for the General Authorities to speak out against this terrible cultural change, and stop trying to appease the evil in our society?
We are on our own. They will hint around it, but they won't come out forcefully against it. If you are waiting for the leadership to "do something" you'll be waiting a long time-they have already fundamentally "&#%!@? out".
--------------
https://www.lds.org/topics/same-sex-attraction?lang=eng
"Same-sex attraction refers to emotional, physical, or sexual attraction to a person of the same gender. The experience of same-sex attraction is not the same for everyone. Some people may feel exclusively attracted to the same gender, while others may feel attracted to both genders."

"People who experience same-sex attraction or identify as gay, lesbian, or bisexual can make and keep covenants with God and fully and worthily participate in the Church. Identifying as gay, lesbian, or bisexual or experiencing same-sex attraction is not a sin and does not prohibit one from participating in the Church, holding callings, or attending the temple."

"Sexual relations between a man and woman who are not married, or between people of the same sex, violate one of our Father in Heaven’s most important laws and get in the way of our eternal progress."
-----------
The Church's line right now is clear, as long as it doesn't involve actual sex, it's not a sin and it even so it just "gets in the way". And I do mean actual sex; going on dates with the same-sex is cool, going to drag shows is cool.

They have already ceded the moral high-ground. They won't be able to hold the line on "no sex".

Oh and this new doctrine that it's not a sin-only changed in 2015 after SSM was made the law of the land; you can check the website's history using the way-back machine. And there is no topic for homosexuality-it just references SSA. Which means SSA is homosexuality.

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

THE GAYS STRIKE AGAIN!

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

I AM wrote: January 30th, 2019, 9:00 am THE GAYS STRIKE AGAIN!
----------------
edit
this guy is just a little bit too much Ferris Bueller type for me on this video,
but I think he brings out just how ridiculous these people are
in thinking they're so special and that everyone needs to know that
and that their situation is different than anyone and should be accepted by EVERYONE.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Yay!! The Utah Jazz team up with SLC Pride to have Pride Night at the Jazz game. A match made in heaven (or not).

https://utahgaylesbianchamber.growthzon ... jazz-90914

Seriously, I can't believe I'm seeing the day when sexual perversions are openly celebrated.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

The Augensteins have done another podcast about their advocacy for LDS LGBTQ. This is how I have discovered another pro-gay LDS podcast group with the catchy name "Latter Gay Stories".

I think I'm gonna be sick. Please, Lord Jesus, hasten the day of your coming!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Belief in unicorns 🦄 requires the less imagination than the rest of this gobbledygook. :?

FattyArBeltBuckle
captain of 100

Post by FattyArBeltBuckle »

Lizzy60 wrote: February 20th, 2019, 6:50 pm The Augensteins have done another podcast about their advocacy for LDS LGBTQ. This is how I have discovered another pro-gay LDS podcast group with the catchy name "Latter Gay Stories".

Sweet sister, it is amazing how perverse the Sodomites in and surrounding the Church really are. Stuff like "Latter Gay Stories" is tame. Sodomites have taken the story of the 2000 Sons of Heleman, and turned it into a Sodomite comic book character. (this is not a joke) They laugh and mock; perverting as they go. All while claiming they love the "Gospel".

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

FattyArBeltBuckle wrote: February 21st, 2019, 6:06 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: February 20th, 2019, 6:50 pm The Augensteins have done another podcast about their advocacy for LDS LGBTQ. This is how I have discovered another pro-gay LDS podcast group with the catchy name "Latter Gay Stories".

Sweet sister, it is amazing how perverse the Sodomites in and surrounding the Church really are. Stuff like "Latter Gay Stories" is tame. Sodomites have taken the story of the 2000 Sons of Heleman, and turned it into a Sodomite comic book character. (this is not a joke) They laugh and mock; perverting as they go. All while claiming they love the "Gospel".
That is disgusting. They say they love the gospel so much that it's too painful to leave the church so they can indulge their perversions, when what they really want is to bring every member down to their level. And the hetero members falling for this mockery believes they are the blessed and chosen ones, while we who still call sodomy a sin are refusing "further light and knowledge". Which, by the way, greatly offends me, that they use the phrase "further light and knowledge" to describe their belief that homosexuality is acceptable to God.

[email protected]
captain of 100

Post by [email protected] »

Lizzy60 wrote: February 21st, 2019, 6:11 pm
FattyArBeltBuckle wrote: February 21st, 2019, 6:06 pm

That is disgusting. They say they love the gospel so much that it's too painful to leave the church so they can indulge their perversions, when what they really want is to bring every member down to their level. And the hetero members falling for this mockery believes they are the blessed and chosen ones, while we who still call sodomy a sin are refusing "further light and knowledge". Which, by the way, greatly offends me, that they use the phrase "further light and knowledge" to describe their belief that homosexuality is acceptable to God.

Well you just brought up the fundumental problem with our society (and it appears sadly, our Church). The problem isn't homosexuals, its heterosexuals (as they are called) that tolerate homosexuality. The problem isn't Transgenders, is regular people who tolerate transgenderism. The problem isn't feminism, it's men who tolerate feminism. The problem isn't sin, it's the righteous who tolerate sin.

I hope you all see where this is going? Think about that when others try to preach to you about "tolerance" because the people you see today loudly demanding you "tolerate" them and their beliefs will not tolerate you or yours.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Because drag queens, children, and the LDS church are a match made in.......not heaven.

This event happened yesterday in Salt Lake. I miss so much not living in Utah.

"Ryan is hosting 'A Magical Mardi Gras Celebration' drag show and toy drive for Primary Children’s Hospital to take place on March 1 at 7:00 pm. Ryan will be performing in the family-friendly show as drag queen, Ryanna Woods. You can RSVP on their Facebook event page; search “A Magical Mardi Gras Celebration” to find the event and click “going.” "

Primary Outcast
captain of 100

Post by Primary Outcast »

What is ultimately the lgbtq agenda? At least since 1972 their manifesto has promoted ideas that should be rejected by every Christian, society, and government. Before reading it I was in the "live and let live" camp and "love the sinner but not the sin", now I think that open homosexuals should be punished by the law for the betterment of society at large. Their plan is to destroy marriage, family, church, and the innocence of youth.

Everyone that "comes out" is pushing this agenda whether they know it or not. Everyone who supports them is pushing this agenda. Everyone who does nothing or is neutral is supporting this agenda.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1751204/posts

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

The LDS pro-LGBTQ agenda is to convince all church members that gay sexual relations are not sinful, and that there is a place in the Celestial Kingdom for same-sex couples and their children.

This would destroy marriage as we know it.

You can also see how, with events like a Primary Children's Hospital fundraiser featuring drag queens dressed as Disney princesses, the LGBTQ agenda want to destroy children's innocence. Drag queens and Disney -- what can be wrong about that combination? Sponsored by your local majority religious group. Cool beans. We are so enlightened and loving. :?

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

"The mid-2017 installation of the rainbow crosswalk cost $196,000, with funds coming from the city's $44 million or so transportation budget."

The Atlanta Rainbow Crosswalks; A look back

Mayor approves permanent rainbow crosswalk for LGBTQ pride
Published on Jun 13, 2017
Last edited by I AM on March 2nd, 2019, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

so sad - the church favoring the LGBT youth - thinking they're doing so much for them,
(when in reality what they're doing is wrong) trying to do so much for them,
while ignoring, thinking that our youth that are not LGBT don't need any help.

My daughter was feeling down, lonely and sad and trying to find
something from the church to encourage her - uplift her.
Being a young single adult, feeling like she can't find many friends
with her same principals and values, she felt down,
so she decide to go to an LDSchannel on youtube
looking for a video with young people,
thinking that she would be able to find something that would uplift her and that she could relate to.
In that moment just when she really needed something to make her feel better,
she clicked on a video that had a thumbnail with
the face of a young person and the title sounded nice.
As she watched it, it was about a young woman who has
attraction for the same sex.
This was an extreme let down and very disappointing.
So she thought "well, ok, this is for the LGBT", and tried to look for another video,
and found one with a thumbnail with a picture of a family with young men with their family and started to watch it, and again it was all about same sex attraction.
She was feeling good that the family was so loving with him
and thought that was great that they were going to help him,
but then instead they just accepted everything and that he was just gay;
with the video only ending with the young man saying
that he didn't know if he will end up marrying a woman in the future,
and the mother saying that she was kinda ok with that.

My daughter felt "How depressing and disappointing."
"What a let down."
Trying to turn to the church and the gospel for help when feeling bad,
and instead finds this.
Well, she started crying.

Davka
captain of 1,000

Post by Davka »

I AM wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 6:53 pm so sad - the church favoring the LGBT youth - thinking they're doing so much for them,
(when in reality what they're doing is wrong) trying to do so much for them,
while ignoring, thinking that our youth that are not LGBT don't need any help.

My daughter was feeling down, lonely and sad and trying to find
something from the church to encourage her - uplift her.
Being a young single adult, feeling like she can't find many friends
with her same principals and values, she felt down,
so she decide to go to an LDSchannel on youtube
looking for a video with young people,
thinking that she would be able to find something that would uplift her and that she could relate to.
In that moment just when she really needed something to make her feel better,
she clicked on a video that had a thumbnail with
the face of a young person and the title sounded nice.
As she watched it, it was about a young woman who has
attraction for the same sex.
This was an extreme let down and very disappointing.
So she thought "well, ok, this is for the LGBT", and tried to look for another video,
and found one with a thumbnail with a picture of a family with young men with their family and started to watch it, and again it was all about same sex attraction.
She was feeling good that the family was so loving with him
and thought that was great that they were going to help him,
but then instead they just accepted everything and that he was just gay;
with the video only ending with the young man saying
that he didn't know if he will end up marrying a woman in the future,
and the mother saying that she was kinda ok with that.

My daughter felt "How depressing and disappointing."
"What a let down."
Trying to turn to the church and the gospel for help when feeling bad,
and instead finds this.
Well, she started crying.
That is disappointing. I'm sorry she is feeling so sad. Being a YSA is really a hard time, it was for me anyway. I felt alone in many ways, and not being able to find something uplifting I'm sure just adds to the pain.

Maybe you could put together a playlist of uplifting YouTube videos from the church and otherwise for her that she could turn to when she needs something positive.

dezNatDefender
captain of 100

Post by dezNatDefender »

https://www.reddit.com/r/latterdaysaint ... latterday/

I think this falls in line here; a Ward Mission Leader who is openly homosexual.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Richard Ostler is the (previously) YSA Bishop and current Salt Lake Temple ordinance worker who is going all over the US giving a presentation on being an LGBTQ advocate and a good Mormon at the same time. He also has a podcast called Listen Learn and Love, which features mostly gay LDS and their experiences in the Church. He has a Twitter account where he posts his latest pro-LGBTQ events and thoughts. Here is today's twit:
-------------------------------------------
"Could the three Nephites return and one come out as gay? I once felt saying that was disrespectful. But now I realize it was my own homophobia that made me see a gay person as ‘less worthy’ or ‘less loved by God’ or ‘less abilty to lead.’ I repent."
--------------------------------------------
He stays just on the side of the line where he doesn't tell the church (SLC) to accept gay-married LDS as full-fledged members with temple recommends, but he does promote that wards and stakes can be affirming and welcoming all the way up to the level of temple admittance. The rescinding of the Nov 15 policy of gay marriage as apostasy has given him and many others great hope. They think there will be more and more leaders who will not call in gay-marrieds for church discipline. They're probably right, because it's become so trendy and enlightened to condone, and celebrate (!) everything homosexual.

Of course I should once again clarify that I have nothing unkind to think, or say, or believe, about a same-sex attracted person who is striving and praying to overcome any unrighteous thoughts and desires. I know some who do this. My temple-worker friend, and my nephew-in-law, married to my niece. They have my admiration and support.

However, to the pro-gay LDS activists, it is heresy and the most horrible thing imaginable to tell an LGBT that they should not seek and live a gay or trans lifestyle. They call it "erasure" and they preach that it's a horrible thing that leads to suicide.

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

Lizzy60 wrote: April 10th, 2019, 3:21 pm Richard Ostler is the (previously) YSA Bishop and current Salt Lake Temple ordinance worker who is going all over the US giving a presentation on being an LGBTQ advocate and a good Mormon at the same time. He also has a podcast called Listen Learn and Love, which features mostly gay LDS and their experiences in the Church. He has a Twitter account where he posts his latest pro-LGBTQ events and thoughts. Here is today's twit:
-------------------------------------------
"Could the three Nephites return and one come out as gay? I once felt saying that was disrespectful. But now I realize it was my own homophobia that made me see a gay person as ‘less worthy’ or ‘less loved by God’ or ‘less abilty to lead.’ I repent."
--------------------------------------------
He stays just on the side of the line where he doesn't tell the church (SLC) to accept gay-married LDS as full-fledged members with temple recommends, but he does promote that wards and stakes can be affirming and welcoming all the way up to the level of temple admittance. The rescinding of the Nov 15 policy of gay marriage as apostasy has given him and many others great hope. They think there will be more and more leaders who will not call in gay-marrieds for church discipline. They're probably right, because it's become so trendy and enlightened to condone, and celebrate (!) everything homosexual.

Of course I should once again clarify that I have nothing unkind to think, or say, or believe, about a same-sex attracted person who is striving and praying to overcome any unrighteous thoughts and desires. I know some who do this. My temple-worker friend, and my nephew-in-law, married to my niece. They have my admiration and support.

However, to the pro-gay LDS activists, it is heresy and the most horrible thing imaginable to tell an LGBT that they should not seek and live a gay or trans lifestyle. They call it "erasure" and they preach that it's a horrible thing that leads to suicide.
------------
OMG I can't believe he actually said that !
"Could the three Nephites"..... tried to quote the rest, but just couldn't do it.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

This isn't really a new low, but it made me laugh so I'll share it here.

The people at Mormons Building Bridges often bash Elder Oaks. Today someone posted that Pres Oaks is to the Gay Agenda that Pres Benson was to Communism.

It reminded me of a meme I saw recently that said "the same people who think Trump is a Christian also think Obama is a Muslim".

I don't think they are saying what they think they are saying. LOL!!

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Elizabeth wrote: April 12th, 2019, 9:24 pm Schools in Birmingham and inHounslow, west London are 'brainwashing' children, Boy, aged four sent home with 'inappropriate' book titled 'Daddy's Roommate', which details the lives of a gay couple and their son.
•The disputed book called Daddy's Roommate is about a gay couple and their son 
and includes everyday scenes of the men shaving together in their underwear and resting in bed - the content is 'inappropriate for young children, regardless of faith.'