General Advice to Forum Members

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Re: General Advice to Forum Members

Post by Alaris »

NewEliza wrote: May 20th, 2020, 8:46 pm
righteousrepublic wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 10:11 am
Sephiroth wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 2:51 am
inho wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 2:49 am

What changed your mind?
Everything.
Without a thank button we couldn't thank TBM's for their TB answers, views and gospel knowledge.
Without a thank Button you wouldn’t be able to unthank someone!

(I’m talking to you alaris)
Some day when you've thought I've long forgotten this post I will unthank it and your joy will turn to ash

;)

NewEliza
captain of 1,000

Post by NewEliza »

righteousrepublic wrote: May 21st, 2020, 12:58 am
NewEliza wrote: May 20th, 2020, 8:46 pm
righteousrepublic wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 10:11 am
Sephiroth wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 2:51 am

Everything.
Without a thank button we couldn't thank TBM's for their TB answers, views and gospel knowledge.
Without a thank Button you wouldn’t be able to unthank someone!

(I’m talking to you alaris)
Who is this Alaris you are talking to? This post does not contain such a name, title or pseudonym?
We once had a great unthanking war

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Re: General Advise to Forum Members

Post by Obrien »

setyourselffree wrote: July 16th, 2018, 9:41 pm
Durzan wrote: July 16th, 2018, 9:39 pm
setyourselffree wrote: July 16th, 2018, 9:09 pm This forum is used more as a tool for Satan so make sure you have a strong testimony. Many people have fallen away because of this forum.
It isn't a tool specifically for satan. Sure, satan uses it for his own ends at times, but so does God. I have actually found that coming here has actually helped strengthened my testimony.
Is the creator of this site even a member anymore. I question that with some of his posts.
Id rather be an apostate from the LDS church than an apostate from truth. BTW, those two things are not mutually inclusive!

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

Obrien wrote: February 7th, 2021, 10:58 am
setyourselffree wrote: July 16th, 2018, 9:09 pm This forum is used more as a tool for Satan so make sure you have a strong testimony. Many people have fallen away because of this forum.
It isn't a tool specifically for satan. Sure, satan uses it for his own ends at times, but so does God. I have actually found that coming here has actually helped strengthened my testimony.
Is the creator of this site even a member anymore. I question that with some of his posts.
Id rather be an apostate from the LDS church than an apostate from truth. BTW, those two things are not mutually inclusive!
LDS Freedom Forum...What is freedom without truth?

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by righteousrepublic »

FoundMyEden wrote: February 7th, 2021, 7:38 pm

Id rather be an apostate from the LDS church than an apostate from truth. Many people entering into the telestial kingdom may have thought this very way and they got what they sowed. BTW, those two things are not mutually inclusive!
Take heed that ye be not deceived. Have a sure foundation and you will not fall.

Put on the whole armor of God
The scriptures teach that we should put on the “whole armor” of God (see Ephesians 6:11–18 and D&C 27:15–18). When we study the scriptures and pray, it’s like we put on armor that helps keep us safe.

What can you do every day to keep your spirit safe and happy?

Helmet of Salvation

A helmet protects the head. We keep our minds safe when we follow Jesus and do what He wants us to do.

Shield of Faith

Faith in Jesus Christ protects us like a shield. When we believe in Jesus and try to be like Him, we can make good choices, even when things are hard.

Girdle of Truth

A girdle is a belt that helps protect a soldier’s body. Knowing what is true protects us. The gospel is true, and living the gospel makes us strong.

Breastplate of Righteousness

The breastplate protects the heart. When we love God with all our heart, we try to keep His commandments. We are blessed when we choose the right.

Shoes of the Preparation of Peace

Shoes protect the feet. We try to follow Jesus Christ’s footsteps so we can live with Him someday.

Sword of the Spirit

A sword helps fight against wrong. The Spirit helps us when we face bad or hard things. Listening to the Spirit helps us stay safe.

Proverbs 3:5,6
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

It is very challenging to stay afloat with so much vitriol on this site. I recall when forum rules forbade the tearing down of the church and its doctrine. But the rules got changed and now we have more apostate speech than uplifting, palatable and true doctrine. Increased contention, scripture bashing, "I know more than you", or my way of thinking is superior to yours, or "people don't want to hear truth." Or Church leaders are only a bunch of mad dogs, drunkards of Ephraim, and an implication that people that stay with the church are a bunch of losers.

A strong testimony and God's word permeating our souls helps greatly making us worthy to stand.

Ephesians 6:11–18
New Testament

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

I agree. I will also add stupid is as stupid does. It doesn't matter what church anyone belongs to, if you don't put on the armor of God we can all be deceived. But the Holy Ghost overrides all of the promulgated advice that the leaders of our church are pushing. And the spirit has been very strong against what they are promoting. So why should we be offended when what comes out of one of the leaders mouths goes against something that our Saviour would not support? I would never say anyone who stays in the church is a loser. I believe God puts us in the family that we're supposed to be in to learn and grow, but that does not mean we need to accept anything that the spirit has confirmed to be untrue as true. And what the leaders of the church have been pushing in regards to what the government is doing, are not truths. It's sad. It's a shame. We have become so worldly, but I'm not surprised...why would we want to repent when life can be so good.

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by righteousrepublic »

FoundMyEden wrote: February 8th, 2021, 12:16 pm I agree. I will also add stupid is as stupid does. It doesn't matter what church anyone belongs to, if you don't put on the armor of God we can all be deceived. But the Holy Ghost overrides all of the promulgated advice that the leaders of our church are pushing. And the spirit has been very strong against what they are promoting. So why should we be offended when what comes out of one of the leaders mouths goes against something that our Saviour would not support? I would never say anyone who stays in the church is a loser. I believe God puts us in the family that we're supposed to be in to learn and grow, but that does not mean we need to accept anything that the spirit has confirmed to be untrue as true. And what the leaders of the church have been pushing in regards to what the government is doing, are not truths. It's sad. It's a shame. We have become so worldly, but I'm not surprised...why would we want to repent when life can be so good.
See what I mean?

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

righteousrepublic wrote: February 8th, 2021, 12:28 pm
FoundMyEden wrote: February 8th, 2021, 12:16 pm I agree. I will also add stupid is as stupid does. It doesn't matter what church anyone belongs to, if you don't put on the armor of God we can all be deceived. But the Holy Ghost overrides all of the promulgated advice that the leaders of our church are pushing. And the spirit has been very strong against what they are promoting. So why should we be offended when what comes out of one of the leaders mouths goes against something that our Saviour would not support? I would never say anyone who stays in the church is a loser. I believe God puts us in the family that we're supposed to be in to learn and grow, but that does not mean we need to accept anything that the spirit has confirmed to be untrue as true. And what the leaders of the church have been pushing in regards to what the government is doing, are not truths. It's sad. It's a shame. We have become so worldly, but I'm not surprised...why would we want to repent when life can be so good.
See what I mean?
You’re asking me if “I” see what you mean, or just generally using me as an example to those reading my response to you?

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

OK, I have a second computer here that is logged onto LFSFF until it needs a reboot or something. But, I'm locked out of my account. I entered my correct password, it never let me in. I changed my password, I never got an email from LDSFF with an update. I'm locked out. I messaged creator but got no response. I'm about to become lost. This happened to me a year back or so, I ended up having to create a new account. How do I fix this?

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

TheDuke wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 6:55 pm OK, I have a second computer here that is logged onto LFSFF until it needs a reboot or something. But, I'm locked out of my account. I entered my correct password, it never let me in. I changed my password, I never got an email from LDSFF with an update. I'm locked out. I messaged creator but got no response. I'm about to become lost. This happened to me a year back or so, I ended up having to create a new account. How do I fix this?
He'll get back to you once he gets on

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

ok, thanks its been a couple weeks I just don't want to get locked out forever........ where would I go? Back to real church with masks (and here covid contact tracing, temperature checking, written health slips)?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Maybe a second message to him? Too bad we can't @someone in a post. :(

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

the armor of God is our priesthood robes. chest, loins, shoes, hat, girdle, etc. metaphor for our temple clothes-every time we put on our priesthood pack then we are putting on the armor- I'll let you ponder the rest of the true meaning of this -the true deeper meaning is found in the Temple

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

No facial mask?

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Alaris wrote: November 9th, 2021, 8:36 pm No facial mask?
That’s only needed for the Celestial kingdom.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Alaris wrote: November 9th, 2021, 8:36 pm No facial mask?
Good one. Face masks are not in the description of the armor of God.

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

TheDuke wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 6:55 pm OK, I have a second computer here that is logged onto LFSFF until it needs a reboot or something. But, I'm locked out of my account. I entered my correct password, it never let me in. I changed my password, I never got an email from LDSFF with an update. I'm locked out. I messaged creator but got no response. I'm about to become lost. This happened to me a year back or so, I ended up having to create a new account. How do I fix this?
What is LFSFF?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

NeveR wrote: December 21st, 2021, 7:22 am What is LFSFF?
I expect it's a typo for LDSFF, which stands for LDS Freedom Forum.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver Pie wrote: December 21st, 2021, 7:12 pm
NeveR wrote: December 21st, 2021, 7:22 am What is LFSFF?
I expect it's a typo for LDSFF, which stands for LDS Freedom Forum.
The second keystroke was slightly to the right of the target,
when viewed from the perspective of the typist. 🐳 🐳 gbng x2

x4 if counting silent letters, but x2 if counting words. 🍄

Consonants are what matters, as per YHWH when mushroom(s) are present. 🍄

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

It is the common lot of the majority of the most fortunate of humanity.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

It is the common lot of the majority of the most fortunate of humanity.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

?

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

RLDSFF

NowWhat
captain of 100

Post by NowWhat »

How do you copy what someone else wrote, and it comes out blue? If I just copy, it comes out white, and I feel like I have to put it in quotes and list the person's name.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

NowWhat wrote: December 31st, 2022, 8:32 pm How do you copy what someone else wrote, and it comes out blue? If I just copy, it comes out white, and I feel like I have to put it in quotes and list the person's name.
I highlighted your text and then clicked the "drop" in the row above - between the "chain", and the text size drop-down box. Then I clicked the color, and it added the code.