Who Belongs to the 10 Year Club?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Who Belongs to the 10 Year Club?

Post by Rose Garden »

10 years ago sometime in March or April, I came across the LDS Freedom Forum while I was searching for information on Ron Paul after reading an impressive article of his. I browsed a bit and wrote the place off. I found most of the opinions expressed here contrary to my personal beliefs.

A few months later I encountered the forum again. This time my mentality had shifted and I didn't find the opinions here as undesirable as I previously thought. I signed up for an account and in April of 2009, I made my first post.

I've pretty much been involved in this forum for the past decade. What a decade that's been! I've seen lots of members come and go, some who were a significant part of the forum in their time. Who is still here who has been here the past ten years? At least, who besides Brian?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Who Belongs to the 10 Year Club?

Post by EmmaLee »

I've been here for over 12 years. The Dozen Year Club, I guess! :lol:

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

;) :)

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

September 2009. Sounds like similar path brought us here, Meili, as I was also very involved in Ron Paul 2008 and I was looking for an LDS forum that cared about liberty and the constitution.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

December 2005.

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

Just realized I've got 8 days until I hit the 10 yr. mark here. I was one of the Ron Paul converts to the forum as well.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

old.png
old.png (286.43 KiB) Viewed 5771 times

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I joined right after that massive rain storm, when it was owned by some guy with a big boat and a zoo.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Meili
If you have been here 10 years, why is your join date listed as 2011? Was there some type of interrim, some hiatus, some having been here then gone away, perhaps ... a BAN!?

Just asking.
dc

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Robin Hood wrote: June 10th, 2018, 2:44 pm I joined right after that massive rain storm, when it was owned by some guy with a big boat and a zoo.
Oh, Brian's father...

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

David13 wrote: June 10th, 2018, 5:05 pm Meili
If you have been here 10 years, why is your join date listed as 2011? Was there some type of interrim, some hiatus, some having been here then gone away, perhaps ... a BAN!?

Just asking.
dc
I got kicked out of the Heavenly Gift area back when it was a thing. I started signing up under different usernames and from different url's to see if I could sneak back in. I succeeded no less than 3 times and only one of those accounts got detected. After the thrill wore off I asked Brian to merge all my accounts into one. In the merge, my sign up date got messed up. I'm not sure when exactly I signed up but if you go back to my very first post, it has a date in April 2009. I know I accessed the forum before that, though, because I remember browsing it in 2008 before I moved to Korea.

I probably should have been banned a few times but I made it through somehow.

will
captain of 1,000

Post by will »

Still here. May 15th 2008.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

On July 10th I start my 10th year. Worst thing is, I've been on these boards as a non-member for a longer time than I have as an LDS.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Robin Hood wrote: June 10th, 2018, 2:44 pm I joined right after that massive rain storm, when it was owned by some guy with a big boat and a zoo.
You mean this?
>
>
zoo1.jpg
zoo1.jpg (227.07 KiB) Viewed 3623 times

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Meili wrote: June 10th, 2018, 5:37 pm

Just asking.
dc
I got kicked out of the Heavenly Gift area back when it was a thing. I started signing up under different usernames and from different url's to see if I could sneak back in. I succeeded no less than 3 times and only one of those accounts got detected. After the thrill wore off I asked Brian to merge all my accounts into one. In the merge, my sign up date got messed up. I'm not sure when exactly I signed up but if you go back to my very first post, it has a date in April 2009. I know I accessed the forum before that, though, because I remember browsing it in 2008 before I moved to Korea.

I wonder how many of us oldies are also in the 'excommunicated then forgiven club'. I was banned for over a year. Mark was banned for a long while too.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

That's one of the things talked about on another big (not LDS) forum where I had met in person with dozens of members over many years. One of them said, oh, if you haven't been banned, you just don't post anything. Everyone has been banned at some time.

Over there you got banned for some funny things. Things not at all in keeping with the general idea of the forum, but ...
dc

James Paul
captain of 100

Post by James Paul »

I believe I was a member longer than 10 years ago, but at 83, I can not recall dates. With losing my email address and having a series of strokes plus the death of my wife of 42 years, I had to rejoin recently but no big deal. I find the forum to be better than it used to be but still has much nonsense to deal with from the heel nippers club. I used to be known as aware.

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

I've been on and off for 10 years. This isn't the place it used to be, but it still keeps me checking.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

shadow wrote: June 10th, 2018, 8:38 pm

Just asking.
dc

I wonder how many of us oldies are also in the 'excommunicated then forgiven club'. I was banned for over a year. Mark was banned for a long while too.
It's the only place I know of where people get banned to a specific area and some actually still linger and use the area. I would imagine most people would be so offended they would just leave at that point.

I actually considered starting this thread in the outer darkness area to include anyone who qualifies but it's unable to say so. I really should have done that.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

Just asking.
dc

I'm 10 years if you count my one year "pre-existence" where I followed the forum but didn't create an account - Then of course I was banned during the "Denver Snuffer" years and came back as the 2.0 version of myself. I don't come nearly as often as I use to but still check in and comment occasionally.

Iv'e also survived 3 end's of the worlds, 2 call outs and handful of times where the church fell into apostasy - all of which I would not have known about, had I not been here.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

I joined in February of 2010, I found this website from a google search for "LDS last days"

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

I started lurking over here around 2008 (also a Paul-bot here) then my husband and I served a senior mission, and after we got back, I signed up in 2012 to participate in ongoing threads on the writings of Gileadi, Nibley, Snuffer & Pontius.
Last edited by BringerOfJoy on June 16th, 2018, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

I joined in August 2007.
Used to contribute quite a bit here, but not so much now.
I still enjoy stopping by to see what's up, and once in a while post something.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

e-eye2.0 wrote: June 11th, 2018, 11:46 am

Just asking.
dc

I'm 10 years if you count my one year "pre-existence" where I followed the forum but didn't create an account - Then of course I was banned during the "Denver Snuffer" years and came back as the 2.0 version of myself. I don't come nearly as often as I use to but still check in and comment occasionally.

Iv'e also survived 3 end's of the worlds, 2 call outs and handful of times where the church fell into apostasy - all of which I would not have known about, had I not been here.
:D :D :D

I've lost track of how many times I've survived the end of the world. I was dead set on 2010 being the year. When that came and went I adopted a wait and see attitude.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I remember you telling me, before the HG forum was ever thought of, that you signed up under a new user (Called to Serve) because you had forgotten your login info.

I guess I'm a relative newbie. I joined 5 years ago, racked up a lot of posts, too (many disappeared when the HG forum died). Now I'm reincarnated (A Random Phrase to Silver Pie).

Just asking.
dc