The Davidic Servant is The Holy Ghost

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Alaris
Captain of 144,000

The Davidic Servant is The Holy Ghost

Post by Alaris »

Updated, revised version of the post below here:

http://lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com/2 ... st-is.html

All good things come in threes, right? I have to start this thread with a huge caveat. This knowledge was basically handed to me by the whispering of the still small voice - which I suppose is fitting. Though, there is another layer of detail that I cannot share that would further explain the following, it took me over two years to finally accept the connection between the Davidic Servant and the Holy Ghost. I may add to this original post and will likely convert this to an article on my blog. Even if you outright reject this idea, please respect the beliefs of those who do accept the fact that the Holy Ghost is the Davidic Servant. Disclaimer: This is not official church doctrine: Please pray before reading that the truth - whatever it may be - will be made known to you by the power of the Holy Ghost.

"The throne and kingdom of David is to be taken from him and given to another by the name of David in the last days, raised up out of his lineage" (TPJS, p. 339)

INTRO: THE HOLY GHOST IS COMING IN THE FLESH

Joseph Smith (President)

But the Holy Ghost is yet a spiritual body and waiting to take to himself a body, as the Savior did or as God did or the gods before them took bodies; for the Savior says the work that my Father did do I also. . . . He took himself a body and then laid down his life that he might take it up again. (The Words of Joseph Smith, p. 382; standardized)

Franklin D. Richards (First Presidency)

Joseph also said that the Holy Ghost is now in a state of probation which if he should perform in righteousness he may pass through the same or a similar course of things that the Son has. (The Words of Joseph Smith, p. 245; standardized)

I put a title before these two quotes to illustrate how few people have concluded, "The Holy Ghost is coming in the flesh" based off the above two quotes. The Holy Ghost is coming in the flesh. Let that sink in for a moment ...

Now, it isn't a foregone conclusion that the Holy Ghost is taking upon himself a body in this world; the scope of the Savior's dominion is worlds for instance. Also, as of Joseph's Smith's quote the Holy Ghost had not yet taken upon himself a body. Could he have taken upon himself a body by now? Sure. If he does take upon himself a body in this world, will he just live a normal life and pass without ever having made an impact on the world? Not likely.

So please just consider the fact that A. The Holy Ghost is coming in the flesh and B. His ministry will probably make some waves.

Disclaimer # 2: This post / thread is not a good place to be introduced to the Davidic Servant. I highly recommend Avraham Gileadi's website isaiahexplained.com as well as his blog https://isaiahinstitute.com/2018/01/13/ ... e-servant/ for some background. In particular, I recommend reading Isaiah 11, 40-53 with the "Apocalyptic Commentary" selected on his site for an overview of the servant. "Davidic Servant" is a placeholder name to describe the type of servant we are dealing with - a servant who receives the throne and kingdom of David under the Davidic Covenant and promises given to David.

How could the Holy Ghost be coming and we LDS are not aware of it?

This is a great question - in fact many discard the notion of the Holy Ghost coming in the flesh despite two witnesses given above that he is, though one of the quotes just mentions his probation. How could this be and we not be aware?

The Book of Enoch actually helps shed a tremendous light on this. Though we have scriptures both in the Book of Mormon and in the Bible about the hidden aspect of the Davidic Servant, the Book of Enoch underscores the fact this person was hidden from the beginning. I highly recommend a read of the article I wrote on the hidden aspect of the Davidic Servant and The Book of Enoch. I underscore in this article as well that Joseph of Egypt's life was a foreshadowing of the Holy Ghost's ministry as Isaac's was a foreshadowing of the Savior's.

Judges 13:17 And Manoah said unto the angel of the Lord, What is thy name, that when thy sayings come to pass we may do thee honour?
18 And the angel of the Lord said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it is secret?

http://lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com/2 ... rvant.html

The last God who came to this Earth did so and was largely hidden to the world. There were signs in the heaven to indicate His coming that the vast majority of Earth's population misunderstood. Is it that hard to believe that God would lay the same groundwork again - even hiding the coming of a God from his own people? He's done it once before. I still believe firmly 9/23/17 was a sign of the coming of the Holy Ghost. Forget all the happenings that occurred around the sign - all the chaos, storms, solar flares during a solar minimum, and earthquakes galore. Forget the eclipse that happened 40 days earlier - 40 days ... earlier....that put a line across the second promised land (two Gods, two promised lands) - where another line will be drawn forming an X 7 years later. The sign itself was incredible given when it appeared in the heavens alone - between Rosh Hashanah - the feast of Trumpets and Shabat Shuvah - The Sabbath that literally means "Return!"
Shabbat Shuvah or Shabbat T'shuvah ("Sabbath [of] Return" שבת שובה or "Sabbath [of] Repentance" שבת תשובה) refers to the Shabbat that occurs during the Ten Days of Repentance, but is between (i.e. not including) the two consecutive Days of Rosh Hashanah, and the Day of Yom Kippur. The name Shabbat Shuvah comes from the first word of the Haftarah that is read on that day, a combination of Hosea 14:2-10, Joel 2:11-27 (Ashkenazim only) and Micah 7:18-20, and literally means "Return!" It is alternately known as Shabbat T'shuvah owing to its being one of the Aseret Y'may T'shuvah (Ten Days of Repentance). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_S ... bat_Shuvah
I wrote a blog on this event and though I made some speculations, I did say the date may come and go with no overt events to accompany. If you factor back in the storms, earthquakes, flares, etc. then it absolutely had accompanying events.

JST Revelation 12:1 And there appeared a great sign in heaven, in the likeness of things on the earth; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.
2 And the woman being with child, cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up unto God and his throne.

http://lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com/2 ... aimer.html

LEVITICUS 16 - THE TWO GOATS

There are two Goats who stand for a sin offering in Leviticus 16. Though this chapter alone is worthy of an article far lengthier than this one, let's just put in the key points here. Many conclude the second goat is satan because he is cast out and is responsible for our sins right? Wrong. Though we are enticed by the Satan, he is not accountable for our sins. Moreover, both goats are for the sin offering.

Leviticus 16:5 And he shall take of the congregation of the children of Israel two kids of the goats for a sin offering, and one ram for a burnt offering.

Simple.

One goat is named "For Jehovah" and the other "For Azazel" - I highly recommend reading my third article on the Davidic Servant above as I do a full breakdown of Azazel, which can translate to "Mighty and Strong." This translation is a direct connection to a Davidic Servant prophesy in Isaiah 28, to the One Mighty and Strong prophesy in D&C 85:7 and to the scripture in Isaiah 9:6 which is most certainly about the Davidic Servant rather than Jesus Christ - a pill much easier swallowed upon realizing the Holy Ghost is a God. I'll paste the link to the article here again for convenience:

So in Leviticus 16 the first goat is slain.... first. The second one ... second ... same order as their comings on Earth:

Leviticus 16:20 ¶ And when he hath made an end of reconciling the holy place, and the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat:
21 And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:
22 And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.

So after the atonement made by the first goat, the second goat actually bears the sins and carries them away. Most christians see Isaiah 53 as a prophesy of Jesus Christ - and though duality is a recurrent theme in Isaiah, at the very least Isaiah 53 is a dual prophesy of Christ and the Holy Ghost - but the connection to Leviticus 16 is unmistakable:

Isaiah 53:4 ¶ Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Bearing iniquities is what the second goat does.

Plus, there's the little fact that Paul said that Leviticus 16 symbolizes the Holy Ghost!!!

Hebrews 9:7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:
8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:

Bear in mind as well that Jesus' Atonement fell on the important spring festivals. The fall festival works have not yet happened, but will likely take place on those important days that have been foreshadowed since the beginning.

PARTICIPATOR IN THE ATONEMENT

One of the biggest reasons so many reject the idea of a Davidic Servant is those prophesies that are used to single him out as a separate person are messianic! Many of them are presumed to be about Jesus Christ alone. This is deeply sacred, and deeply personal stuff. However, do we LDS not believe that the Holy Ghost is a participator in the atonement? We do whether you overtly realize it or not:

3 Nephi 27:20 Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day.

The Holy Ghost is the Sanctifier - By his power is our inner vessel cleansed. Other way of looking at this: The Holy Ghost takes those sins and carries them away ... much like that second goat.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Firstly, "the adoption." Adoption is certainly an eternal principle. In Ezekiel 37, we learn the prophesies surround the Davidic Servant and his becoming a prince forever over Israel. If he is becoming a prince then those over whom he reigns are being received through adoption. We become sons and daughters of Christ through this same principle, but the Davidic Servant is becoming an inheritor under the covenant under a smaller-scale.

Secondly, the Holy Ghost makes intercession for the saints. This is a direct, overt spelling out of a participator in the Atonement. Like the adoption, this is on a smaller scale, but a key, planned part of the Atonement.

What other evidence is there that the Davidic Servant is the Holy Ghost.

JOHN14-17 and ISAIAH 11

The following is my second article on the Davidic Servant and the Book of Enoch where I solidify the case that the person in Isaiah 11:1-4 is the same as the person named "The Elect One" in the Book of Enoch.

But wait there's more! We know by modern revelation that the Rod in Isaiah 11:1-4 is a descendant of Joseph / Ephraim and of Judah. Let's look at how the Lord words the answer to the question - who is the Rod?

D&C 113:4 Behold, thus saith the Lord: It is a servant in the hands of Christ, who is partly a descendant of Jesse as well as of Ephraim, or of the house of Joseph, on whom there is laid much power.

Firstly, a servant in the hands of Christ - that certainly sounds a lot like the servant throughout Isaiah who is hidden in the shadow of the hand of the Lord. (Isaiah 49:2)

Secondly, on whom is there laid much power if not the Holy Ghost himself? Here are the qualities and the prophecies regarding the Rod in Isaiah 11:

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;
3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

I have highlighted the key words here that we can use to cross reference the qualities of the Holy Ghost the Lord Jesus Christ details Himself:

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Isaiah 11 for comparison - same key words underlined:

Isaiah 11:3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

That's just the opener here. There is much more in Isaiah and the New Testament that tie the identity of the Holy Ghost. Let's take Isaiah 40 which is directed to the servant of Isaiah:

Isaiah 40:1 Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.
2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord’s hand double for all her sins.

The Lord refers to the Spirit of Truth as the Comforter in the New Testament. That's a direct link, but it goes a bit deeper. Here is the word for "Comforter" used throughout these chapters of John. Bear in mind the ministry of the Davidic Servant while reading these scriptures. Consider them as prophesies to be fulfilled in the flesh rather than the spirit:

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; (cross reference to Ezekiel 37:35)
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

John 16:21 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.
(Overt reference to Isaiah)

In John 17, the Lord addresses the order of the Seraphim (compare Isaiah 6 and Matthew 13) and speaks at length as to the process of their joining the Godhead and becoming Gods themselves.

In John 14-16, the word Comforter is derived from the Greek word: Paraklētos

The definition of the word Paraklētos includes the following:

Comforter, consoler, intercessor, advocate

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/le ... ngs=g3875
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

JOSHUA AND CALEB

Joshua and Caleb were the two scouts who were sent to the land of Canaan among 12 scouts - one for each tribe, and they were the only two to return and speak for the Lord and His promises.

Their names mean Salvation and Kolob. I kid not. There is a precedent that CALEB actually stems from KOLOB. Vowels are tricky in Hebrew, mostly because they are non existent, and CALEB actually comes from KELEB (https://biblehub.com/hebrew/3612.htm.) Replace those vowels with Os and you have two characters in the Old Testament who descend into Jerusalem named "Salvation" and "KOLOB." Moreover, "Salvation," or Joshua, is from Ephraim and "KELEB", or Caleb, is from Judah. These two birthrights were two to begin with and were meant to split and rejoin.

But why? Could these two men symbolize the two goats who stand for Israel and God's covenants much like Caleb and Joshua?

THE ANGEL

Isaiah's writings include references to the servant's role as the angel of Israel.

D&C 85:15 Behold, I say unto you, the redemption of Zion must needs come by power;
16 Therefore, I will raise up unto my people a man, who shall lead them like as Moses led the children of Israel.
17 For ye are the children of Israel, and of the seed of Abraham, and ye must needs be led out of bondage by power, and with a stretched-out arm.
18 And as your fathers were led at the first, even so shall the redemption of Zion be.
19 Therefore, let not your hearts faint, for I say not unto you as I said unto your fathers: Mine angel shall go up before you, but not my presence.
20 But I say unto you: Mine angels shall go up before you, and also my presence, and in time ye shall possess the goodly land.

Exodus 23:20 ¶ Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.
21 Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.
22 But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.
23 For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off.

There is absolutely an angel, or the angel of Israel that we have referenced in Exodus and again in modern scripture. Just as Jesus Christ worked on both sides of the veil, with two distinct, identifiable identities, so shall the Holy Ghost. In Isaiah, the Lord awakens His servant to His identity and references the servant's works on the other side of the veil:

Isaiah 51:10 Art thou not it which hath dried the sea, the waters of the great deep; that hath made the depths of the sea a way for the ransomed to pass over?

Isaiah 63 is much more overt:

Isaiah 63:8 For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.
9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.
10 ¶ But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.
11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?
12 That led them by the right hand of Moses with his glorious arm, dividing the water before them, to make himself an everlasting name?
13 That led them through the deep, as an horse in the wilderness, that they should not stumble?
14 As a beast goeth down into the valley, the Spirit of the Lord caused him to rest: so didst thou lead thy people, to make thyself a glorious name.

Wow! These verses tie them all together - the many scriptures in Isaiah speaking to the servant which references Isaiah 51:10. The aspect of the angel is referenced and the deeds of the angel. The Holy Spirit is referenced. Finally, the fact this Holy Angel participates in the Atonement is referenced. check. check. check. check. mate.

One more reference to the Angel of Israel. This scriptures reinforces a deeply personal, sacred experience where I was blessed with the understanding that the Davidic Servant is also the head of the heavenly host - and carries a sword.

Joshuah 5:13 ¶ And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?
15 And the captain of the Lord’s host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

The Holy / Godhead aspect is also reinforced here where Joshua loosens the shoe from his foot.

Bear the above in mind while reading John's reaction to the angel of Revelation:

Revelation 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

John, who walked with the Savior and was in his 90s here, after decades of leading and teaching the Gospel that he very likely knew well enough to know "ya don't worship angels" falls at the feet of an angel. Revelation 19:1-8 is about the marriage of the Lamb to the Bridegroom, with various groups singing praises of Alleluia and declaring his majesty and his judgement:

Revelation 19:2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

Reproving the earth with judgement ... wait wasn't that the duty of the Holy Ghost as specified in John 16:7-8?

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

...and the duty of the Davidic Servant as in Isaiah 11?

Isaiah 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

Could this have something to do with Joseph Smith's words I quoted at the beginning where the Holy Ghost will go on to "pass through the same or a similar course of things that the Son has." There are two goats after all. Will there be two lambs? Read the rest of Revelation 19 bearing in mind the prophecies in Isaiah.

At the very end of the Revelation - at the very end - John falls at the feet of the angel again. Notice how the angel refers to himself:

Revelation 22:6 And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

Though we do not have the fullness of this record and revelation, John did have a fullness at this point where he falls at his feet again to worship the Lord's angel. Two thrones are mentioned in Revelation 22. Are they the thrones of Elohim and Jehovah, or are they the thrones of Jehovah and the Holy Ghost? Or did John leave that bit out - hence we lack the fullness?

Revelation 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

INVERSION

To those who believe John is the Davidic Servant - perhaps his standing in the flesh for 2,000+ years has something to do with his standing in contrast.

Inverse ministries

Before I detail the inverse ministries, I have to first plant the seed that the Holy Ghost may have lent a helping hand in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Don't take my word for it alone:

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

This certainly sounds like the Holy Ghost rose Christ from the dead. Suspend your disbelief for a moment and please here me out--let's presume the scripture above is exactly what it sounds like...that the Holy Ghost rose Christ from the dead. Operating with that assumption in mind, let's look at the ministries of these two Gods:

Psalms 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Jesus Christ:
  • Born in the flesh of the Father
  • Teaches in the flesh His spiritual teachings
  • Testifies of the Father
  • The Holy Ghost assists in the Son in overcoming Physical Death(Romans 8:11)
  • His ministry's crowning achievement is wrought near the end in the Garden - salvation from Spiritual Death
The Holy Ghost:
  • Spiritually born of the Father (Revelation 12)
  • Teaches in the spirit the teachings of Christ in the flesh
  • Testifies of the Son
  • The Savior assists the Holy Ghost in overcoming Spiritual Death (Isaiah 41-44,51)
  • His ministry's crowning achievement may be wrought in the beginning by calling the first resurrection - salvation from Physical Death
D&C 88:95 And there shall be silence in heaven for the space of half an hour; and immediately after shall the curtain of heaven be unfolded, as a scroll is unfolded after it is rolled up, and the face of the Lord shall be unveiled;
96 And the saints that are upon the earth, who are alive, shall be quickened and be caught up to meet him.
97 And they who have slept in their graves shall come forth, for their graves shall be opened; and they also shall be caught up to meet him in the midst of the pillar of heaven—
98 They are Christ’s, the first fruits, they who shall descend with him first, and they who are on the earth and in their graves, who are first caught up to meet him; and all this by the voice of the sounding of the trump of the angel of God.

Wow ... I thought of this scripture as I believed it pertained to the Holy Ghost's work, but I did not realize there was an overt clue about the angel of God.

TWO MESSIAHS

There is one more important inversion. The Jews rejected their Messiah Ben Joseph expecting the Messiah Ben David. The Christians will almost certainly reject their Messiah Ben David while expecting the second coming of Messiah Ben Joseph first. But as Jesus prophesied in John 14-16, the Spirit of Truth will testify of Jesus Christ. The Jews are in for a treat!

IMPLICATIONS

The Devil has worked hard to convince the majority of Christianity that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost are one entity - some unintelligible, unrelatable power that can change shape and form. Of course, fighting the truth alone is reason enough. If the Holy Ghost is yet to come in the flesh, this war makes so much more sense. There will have been zero space given to mainstream Christianity to accept the coming of another God - a separate individual and identity apart from Jesus Christ.

Abraham 3

http://lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com/2 ... ham-3.html

I submit that the Holy Ghost is the one being chosen at the end of Abraham chapter 3. The Holy Ghost is selected and becomes the man who represents the enticing of good while the devil rebels and represents the enticing of evil. The Holy Ghost is the head of the order of Seraphim (Isaiah 6) - this is the order Jesus addresses in John 14-17, especially chapter 17. This is the highest order of angel - the stock from which the apostles come - who answer only to the archangels or patriarchs themselves, who answer to the Lord. The Holy Ghost is the ascending Seraphim who joins the Seven "Holy Ones" as Enoch refers to them.

Returning to Abraham 3, the devil sought to become the Holy Ghost - not Jesus Himself. He then sought to take the work of the Holy Ghost and extend it beyond the scope and purview of the Holy Ghost into the role of Jesus Christ. The Holy Ghost is a participator in salvation. This view grants much understanding to the devil - why he fell and why so many followed. Jesus was chosen from the beginning of this eternal round, whereas the scope of Abraham 3 is this one world - one of many worlds under Jehovah's dominion. There was no question as to who would be the Savior of this world - the role and throne of the Holy Ghost is much smaller and the scope of that ascension falls within the scope and boundaries of this one Earth.

Another God is coming - hidden to the vast majority of the peoples of this world, and even hidden to the vast majority of God's chosen, covenant people. This lays the foundation of a trial worthy of a God as we have already seen once before.

Ezekiel 37:25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children’s children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Now read the verse leading up to D&C 85:7 - very interesting:

D&C 85:6 Yea, thus saith the still small voice, which whispereth through and pierceth all things, and often times it maketh my bones to quake while it maketh manifest, saying:
7 And it shall come to pass that I, the Lord God, will send one mighty and strong, holding the scepter of power in his hand, clothed with light for a covering, whose mouth shall utter words, eternal words; while his bowels shall be a fountain of truth, to set in order the house of God, and to arrange by lot the inheritances of the saints whose names are found, and the names of their fathers, and of their children, enrolled in the book of the law of God;

A special thanks to Abijah for an extremely timely testimony as to the identity of the Davidic Servant to reinforce my own witness as well as for several scriptures that I have used throughout this piece.
Last edited by Alaris on April 30th, 2018, 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Davidic Servant is The Holy Ghost

Post by mes5464 »

Based on the two quotes of Joseph Smith at the begin, I would postulate that the HG will not come to this earth but will for some future generation of Father's children one day be born of a virgin and take on a body, that he might be scarified for the sins of that future generation spirits, just as Father did, just as Christ did. The cycle continues.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

mes5464 wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 8:52 am Based on the two quotes of Joseph Smith at the begin, I would postulate that the HG will not come to this earth but will for some future generation of Father's children one day be born of a virgin and take on a body, that he might be scarified for the sins of that future generation spirits, just as Father did, just as Christ did. The cycle continues.
That's how I took it at first as well. Had I not walked the path I have walked, I would never have concluded the Davidic Servant is the Holy Ghost. When I finally gave space for that seed to grow, it has grown immensely in a very short amount of time and in hindsight I can see more clearly that the hidden aspects of the Holy Ghost and the Davidic Servant are not just ... not coincidental ... but there is a power behind it.

Take John Pratt's scapegoat dilemma for instance - very intelligently written article by an intelligent man.

http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/lds ... egoat.html

He admits that the 2 goats symbolism is a mystery, and indeed it was a mystery to me for what felt like long while. However, he doesn't even consider the possibility that the second goat is the Holy Ghost. Not only does that help explain Isaiah's davidic prophesies of carrying / bearing the sins of Israel but also explains how the Holy Ghost is the individual sanctifying power of the Atonement.

http://www.isaiahexplained.com/53#commentary

I differ slightly on my interpretation of Isaiah 53, but Gileadi does explore how the suffering of the Savior and of the Servant are connected.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Actually, this notion is not new to me Alaris. I once speculated a few times to myself that the Holy Ghost might indeed be the Marred Servant or the Davidic Servant (remember that I believe that they are two separate individuals, one to minister in the Americas, the other to minister in Palestine), but the implications of this and how it would impact my life caused me to shy away from those conclusions. Now that you have said this out loud, I can come to accept it as a significant possibility (but only that, a possibility, as there are other ways that the scriptures you cited could play out).

Note that I said I came to this conclusion through reasoning, not from being told via the Spirit.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Durzan wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 9:25 am Actually, this notion is not new to me Alaris. I once speculated a few times to myself that the Holy Ghost might indeed be the Marred Servant or the Davidic Servant (remember that I believe that they are two separate individuals, one to minister in the Americas, the other to minister in Palestine), but the implications of this and how it would impact my life caused me to shy away from those conclusions. Now that you have said this out loud, I can come to accept it as a significant possibility (but only that, a possibility, as there are other ways that the scriptures you cited could play out).

Note that I said I came to this conclusion through reasoning, not from being told via the Spirit.
Do you believe John could be one of these two ministers? If John is the next in line of authority, then his witness of the end times events that surround the ministry of the Holy Ghost makes a lot more sense - and the fact that the fullness of this account is hidden makes a lot more sense - and the fact that he has been in the flesh for 2000+ years in stark contrast to the Holy Spirit makes a lot more sense - and it reinforces the heavenly principle that you witness of the next station higher.

John witnesses of
The Holy Ghost witnesses of
Jesus Christ witnesses of
The Father

Moses 7:62 And righteousness will I send down out of heaven; and truth will I send forth out of the earth, to bear testimony of mine Only Begotten; his resurrection from the dead; yea, and also the resurrection of all men; and righteousness and truth will I cause to sweep the earth as with a flood, to gather out mine elect from the four quarters of the earth, unto a place which I shall prepare, an Holy City, that my people may gird up their loins, and be looking forth for the time of my coming; for there shall be my tabernacle, and it shall be called Zion, a New Jerusalem.

Righteousness is a key word for the Davidic Servant throughout Isaiah - sent from heaven. Truth is sent forth out of the earth ... to bear witness of two works - salvation from spiritual death and salvation from physical death. Two messiahs.
Last edited by Alaris on April 3rd, 2018, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

I added the following to "The Angel" section:

Bear the above in mind while reading John's reaction to the angel of Revelation:

Revelation 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

John, who walked with the Savior and was in his 90s here, after decades of leading and teaching the Gospel that he very likely knew well enough to know "ya don't worship angels" falls at the feet of an angel. Revelation 19:1-8 is about the marriage of the Lamb to the Bridegroom, with various groups singing praises of Alleluia and declaring his majesty and his judgement:

Revelation 19:2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

Reproving the earth with judgement ... wait wasn't that the duty of the Holy Ghost as specified in John 16:7-8?

Isaiah 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

Could this have something to do with Joseph Smith's words I quoted at the beginning where the Holy Ghost will go on to "pass through the same or a similar course of things that the Son has." There are two goats after all. Will there be two lambs? Read the rest of Revelation 19 bearing in mind the prophecies in Isaiah.

At the very end of the Revelation - at the very end - John falls at the feet of the angel again. Notice how the angel refers to himself:

Revelation 22:6 And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

Though we do not have the fullness of this record and revelation, John did have a fullness at this point where he falls at his feet again to worship the Lord's angel. Two thrones are mentioned in Revelation 22. Are they the thrones of Elohim and Jehovah, or are they the thrones of Jehovah and the Holy Ghost? Or did John leave that bit out - hence we lack the fullness?

Revelation 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

Alaris wrote: April 2nd, 2018, 5:52 pm All good things come in threes, right? I have to start this thread with a huge caveat. This knowledge was basically handed to me by the whispering of the still small voice - which I suppose is fitting. Though, there is another layer of detail that I cannot share that would further explain the following, it took me over two years to finally accept the connection between the Davidic Servant and the Holy Ghost. I may add to this original post and will likely convert this to an article on my blog. Even if you outright reject this idea, please respect the beliefs of those who do accept the fact that the Holy Ghost is the Davidic Servant. Disclaimer: This is not official church doctrine: Please pray before reading that the truth - whatever it may be - will be made known to you by the power of the Holy Ghost.

"The throne and kingdom of David is to be taken from him and given to another by the name of David in the last days, raised up out of his lineage" (TPJS, p. 339)

INTRO: THE HOLY GHOST IS COMING IN THE FLESH

Joseph Smith (President)

But the Holy Ghost is yet a spiritual body and waiting to take to himself a body, as the Savior did or as God did or the gods before them took bodies; for the Savior says the work that my Father did do I also. . . . He took himself a body and then laid down his life that he might take it up again. (The Words of Joseph Smith, p. 382; standardized)

Franklin D. Richards (First Presidency)

Joseph also said that the Holy Ghost is now in a state of probation which if he should perform in righteousness he may pass through the same or a similar course of things that the Son has. (The Words of Joseph Smith, p. 245; standardized)

I put a title before these two quotes to illustrate how few people have concluded, "The Holy Ghost is coming in the flesh" based off the above two quotes. The Holy Ghost is coming in the flesh. Let that sink in for a moment ...

Now, it isn't a foregone conclusion that the Holy Ghost is taking upon himself a body in this world; the scope of the Savior's dominion is worlds for instance. Also, as of Joseph's Smith's quote the Holy Ghost had not yet taken upon himself a body. Could he have taken upon himself a body by now? Sure. If he does take upon himself a body in this world, will he just live a normal life and pass without ever having made an impact on the world? Not likely.

So please just consider the fact that A. The Holy Ghost is coming in the flesh and B. His ministry will probably make some waves.

Disclaimer # 2: This post / thread is not a good place to be introduced to the Davidic Servant. I highly recommend Avraham Gileadi's website isaiahexplained.com as well as his blog https://isaiahinstitute.com/2018/01/13/ ... e-servant/ for some background. In particular, I recommend reading Isaiah 11, 40-53 with the "Apocalyptic Commentary" selected on his site for an overview of the servant. "Davidic Servant" is a placeholder name to describe the type of servant we are dealing with - a servant who receives the throne and kingdom of David under the Davidic Covenant and promises given to David.

How could the Holy Ghost be coming and we LDS are not aware of it?

This is a great question - in fact many discard the notion of the Holy Ghost coming in the flesh despite two witnesses given above that he is, though one of the quotes just mentions his probation. How could this be and we not be aware?

The Book of Enoch actually helps shed a tremendous light on this. Though we have scriptures both in the Book of Mormon and in the Bible about the hidden aspect of the Davidic Servant, the Book of Enoch underscores the fact this person was hidden from the beginning. I highly recommend a read of the article I wrote on the hidden aspect of the Davidic Servant and The Book of Enoch. I underscore in this article as well that Joseph of Egypt's life was a foreshadowing of the Holy Ghost's ministry as Isaac's was a foreshadowing of the Savior's.

Judges 13:17 And Manoah said unto the angel of the Lord, What is thy name, that when thy sayings come to pass we may do thee honour?
18 And the angel of the Lord said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it is secret?

The last God who came to this Earth did so and was largely hidden to the world. There were signs in the heaven to indicate His coming that the vast majority of Earth's population misunderstood. Is it that hard to believe that God would lay the same groundwork again - even hiding the coming of a God from his own people? He's done it once before. I still believe firmly 9/23/17 was a sign of the coming of the Holy Ghost. Forget all the happenings that occurred around the sign - all the chaos, storms, solar flares during a solar minimum, and earthquakes galore. Forget the eclipse that happened 40 days earlier - 40 days ... earlier....that put a line across the second promised land (two Gods, two promised lands) - where another line will be drawn forming an X 7 years later. The sign itself was incredible given when it appeared in the heavens alone - between Rosh Hashanah - the feast of Trumpets and Shabat Shuvah - The Sabbath that literally means "Return!"
Shabbat Shuvah or Shabbat T'shuvah ("Sabbath [of] Return" שבת שובה or "Sabbath [of] Repentance" שבת תשובה) refers to the Shabbat that occurs during the Ten Days of Repentance, but is between (i.e. not including) the two consecutive Days of Rosh Hashanah, and the Day of Yom Kippur. The name Shabbat Shuvah comes from the first word of the Haftarah that is read on that day, a combination of Hosea 14:2-10, Joel 2:11-27 (Ashkenazim only) and Micah 7:18-20, and literally means "Return!" It is alternately known as Shabbat T'shuvah owing to its being one of the Aseret Y'may T'shuvah (Ten Days of Repentance). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_S ... bat_Shuvah
I wrote a blog on this event and though I made some speculations, I did say the date may come and go with no overt events to accompany. If you factor back in the storms, earthquakes, flares, etc. then it absolutely had accompanying events.

JST Revelation 12:1 And there appeared a great sign in heaven, in the likeness of things on the earth; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.
2 And the woman being with child, cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up unto God and his throne.

http://lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com/2 ... aimer.html

LEVITICUS 16 - THE TWO GOATS

There are two Goats who stand for a sin offering in Leviticus 16. Though this chapter alone is worthy of an article far lengthier than this one, let's just put in the key points here. Many conclude the second goat is satan because he is cast out and is responsible for our sins right? Wrong. Though we are enticed by the Satan, he is not accountable for our sins. Moreover, both goats are for the sin offering.

Leviticus 16:5 And he shall take of the congregation of the children of Israel two kids of the goats for a sin offering, and one ram for a burnt offering.

Simple.

One goat is named "For Jehovah" and the other "For Azazel" - I highly recommend reading my third article on the Davidic Servant above as I do a full breakdown of Azazel, which can translate to "Mighty and Strong." This translation is a direct connection to a Davidic Servant prophesy in Isaiah 28, to the One Mighty and Strong prophesy in D&C 85:7 and to the scripture in Isaiah 9:6 which is most certainly about the Davidic Servant rather than Jesus Christ - a pill much easier swallowed upon realizing the Holy Ghost is a God. I'll paste the link to the article here again for convenience:

So in Leviticus 16 the first goat is slain.... first. The second one ... second ... same order as their comings on Earth:

Leviticus 16:20 ¶ And when he hath made an end of reconciling the holy place, and the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat:
21 And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:
22 And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.

So after the atonement made by the first goat, the second goat actually bears the sins and carries them away. Most christians see Isaiah 53 as a prophesy of Jesus Christ - and though duality is a recurrent theme in Isaiah, at the very least Isaiah 53 is a dual prophesy of Christ and the Holy Ghost - but the connection to Leviticus 16 is unmistakable:

Isaiah 53:4 ¶ Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Bearing iniquities is what the second goat does.

Plus, there's the little fact that Paul said that Leviticus 16 symbolizes the Holy Ghost!!!

Hebrews 9:7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:
8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:

Bear in mind as well that Jesus' Atonement fell on the important spring festivals. The fall festival works have not yet happened, but will likely take place on those important days that have been foreshadowed since the beginning.

PARTICIPATOR IN THE ATONEMENT

One of the biggest reasons so many reject the idea of a Davidic Servant is those prophesies that are used to single him out as a separate person are messianic! Many of them are presumed to be about Jesus Christ alone. This is deeply sacred, and deeply personal stuff. However, do we LDS not believe that the Holy Ghost is a participator in the atonement? We do whether you overtly realize it or not:

3 Nephi 27:20 Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day.

The Holy Ghost is the Sanctifier - By his power is our inner vessel cleansed. Other way of looking at this: The Holy Ghost takes those sins and carries them away ... much like that second goat.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Firstly, "the adoption." Adoption is certainly an eternal principle. In Ezekiel 37, we learn the prophesies surround the Davidic Servant and his becoming a prince forever over Israel. If he is becoming a prince then those over whom he reigns are being received through adoption. We become sons and daughters of Christ through this same principle, but the Davidic Servant is becoming an inheritor under the covenant under a smaller-scale.

Secondly, the Holy Ghost makes intercession for the saints. This is a direct, overt spelling out of a participator in the Atonement. Like the adoption, this is on a smaller scale, but a key, planned part of the Atonement.

What other evidence is there that the Davidic Servant is the Holy Ghost.

JOHN14-17 and ISAIAH 11

The following is my second article on the Davidic Servant and the Book of Enoch where I solidify the case that the person in Isaiah 11:1-4 is the same as the person named "The Elect One" in the Book of Enoch.

But wait there's more! We know by modern revelation that the Rod in Isaiah 11:1-4 is a descendant of Joseph / Ephraim and of Judah. Let's look at how the Lord words the answer to the question - who is the Rod?

D&C 113:4 Behold, thus saith the Lord: It is a servant in the hands of Christ, who is partly a descendant of Jesse as well as of Ephraim, or of the house of Joseph, on whom there is laid much power.

Firstly, a servant in the hands of Christ - that certainly sounds a lot like the servant throughout Isaiah who is hidden in the shadow of the hand of the Lord. (Isaiah 49:2)

Secondly, on whom is there laid much power if not the Holy Ghost himself? Here are the qualities and the prophecies regarding the Rod in Isaiah 11:

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;
3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

I have highlighted the key words here that we can use to cross reference the qualities of the Holy Ghost the Lord Jesus Christ details Himself:

Isaiah 11 for comparison - same key words underlined:

Isaiah 11:3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

That's just the opener here. There is much more in Isaiah and the New Testament that tie the identity of the Holy Ghost. Let's take Isaiah 40 which is directed to the servant of Isaiah:

Isaiah 40:1 Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.
2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord’s hand double for all her sins.

The Lord refers to the Spirit of Truth as the Comforter in the New Testament. That's a direct link, but it goes a bit deeper. Here is the word for "Comforter" used throughout these chapters of John. Bear in mind the ministry of the Davidic Servant while reading these scriptures. Consider them as prophesies to be fulfilled in the flesh rather than the spirit:

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; (cross reference to Ezekiel 37:35)
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

John 16:21 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.
(Overt reference to Isaiah)

In John 17, the Lord addresses the order of the Seraphim (compare Isaiah 6 and Matthew 13) and speaks at length as to the process of their joining the Godhead and becoming Gods themselves.

In John 14-16, the word Comforter is derived from the Greek word: Paraklētos

The definition of the word Paraklētos includes the following:

Comforter, consoler, intercessor, advocate

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/le ... ngs=g3875
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

JOSHUA AND CALEB

Joshua and Caleb were the two scouts who were sent to the land of Canaan among 12 scouts - one for each tribe, and they were the only two to return and speak for the Lord and His promises.

Their names mean Salvation and Kolob. I kid not. There is a precedent that CALEB actually stems from KOLOB. Vowels are tricky in Hebrew, mostly because they are non existent, and CALEB actually comes from KELEB (https://biblehub.com/hebrew/3612.htm.) Replace those vowels with Os and you have two characters in the Old Testament who descend into Jerusalem named "Salvation" and "KOLOB." Moreover, "Salvation," or Joshua, is from Ephraim and "KELEB", or Caleb, is from Judah. These two birthrights were two to begin with and were meant to split and rejoin.

But why? Could these two men symbolize the two goats who stand for Israel and God's covenants much like Caleb and Joshua?

THE ANGEL

Isaiah's writings include references to the servant's role as the angel of Israel.

D&C 85:15 Behold, I say unto you, the redemption of Zion must needs come by power;
16 Therefore, I will raise up unto my people a man, who shall lead them like as Moses led the children of Israel.
17 For ye are the children of Israel, and of the seed of Abraham, and ye must needs be led out of bondage by power, and with a stretched-out arm.
18 And as your fathers were led at the first, even so shall the redemption of Zion be.
19 Therefore, let not your hearts faint, for I say not unto you as I said unto your fathers: Mine angel shall go up before you, but not my presence.
20 But I say unto you: Mine angels shall go up before you, and also my presence, and in time ye shall possess the goodly land.

Exodus 23:20 ¶ Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.
21 Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.
22 But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.
23 For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off.

There is absolutely an angel, or the angel of Israel that we have referenced in Exodus and again in modern scripture. Just as Jesus Christ worked on both sides of the veil, with two distinct, identifiable identities, so shall the Holy Ghost. In Isaiah, the Lord awakens His servant to His identity and references the servant's works on the other side of the veil:

Isaiah 51:10 Art thou not it which hath dried the sea, the waters of the great deep; that hath made the depths of the sea a way for the ransomed to pass over?

Isaiah 63 is much more overt:

Isaiah 63:8 For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.
9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.
10 ¶ But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.
11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?
12 That led them by the right hand of Moses with his glorious arm, dividing the water before them, to make himself an everlasting name?
13 That led them through the deep, as an horse in the wilderness, that they should not stumble?
14 As a beast goeth down into the valley, the Spirit of the Lord caused him to rest: so didst thou lead thy people, to make thyself a glorious name.

Wow! These verses tie them all together - the many scriptures in Isaiah speaking to the servant which references Isaiah 51:10. The aspect of the angel is referenced and the deeds of the angel. The Holy Spirit is referenced. Finally, the fact this Holy Angel participates in the Atonement is referenced. check. check. check. check. mate.

One more reference to the Angel of Israel. This scriptures reinforces a deeply personal, sacred experience where I was blessed with the understanding that the Davidic Servant is also the head of the heavenly host - and carries a sword.

Joshuah 5:13 ¶ And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?
15 And the captain of the Lord’s host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

The Holy / Godhead aspect is also reinforced here where Joshua loosens the shoe from his foot.

INVERSION

To those who believe John is the Davidic Servant - perhaps his standing in the flesh for 2,000+ years has something to do with his standing in contrast.

Inverse ministries

Before I detail the inverse ministries, I have to first plant the seed that the Holy Ghost may have lent a helping hand in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Don't take my word for it alone:

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

This certainly sounds like the Holy Ghost rose Christ from the dead. Suspend your disbelief for a moment and please here me out--let's presume the scripture above is exactly what it sounds like...that the Holy Ghost rose Christ from the dead. Operating with that assumption in mind, let's look at the ministries of these two Gods:

Psalms 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Jesus Christ:
  • Born in the flesh of the Father
  • Teaches in the flesh His spiritual teachings
  • Testifies of the Father
  • The Holy Ghost assists in the Son in overcoming Physical Death(Romans 8:11)
  • His ministry's crowning achievement is wrought near the end in the Garden - salvation from Spiritual Death
The Holy Ghost:
  • Spiritually born of the Father (Revelation 12)
  • Teaches in the spirit the teachings of Christ in the flesh
  • Testifies of the Son
  • The Savior assists the Holy Ghost in overcoming Spiritual Death (Isaiah 41-44,51)
  • His ministry's crowning achievement may be wrought in the beginning by calling the first resurrection - salvation from Physical Death
D&C 88:95 And there shall be silence in heaven for the space of half an hour; and immediately after shall the curtain of heaven be unfolded, as a scroll is unfolded after it is rolled up, and the face of the Lord shall be unveiled;
96 And the saints that are upon the earth, who are alive, shall be quickened and be caught up to meet him.
97 And they who have slept in their graves shall come forth, for their graves shall be opened; and they also shall be caught up to meet him in the midst of the pillar of heaven—
98 They are Christ’s, the first fruits, they who shall descend with him first, and they who are on the earth and in their graves, who are first caught up to meet him; and all this by the voice of the sounding of the trump of the angel of God.

Wow ... I thought of this scripture as I believed it pertained to the Holy Ghost's work, but I did not realize there was an overt clue about the angel of God.

TWO MESSIAHS

There is one more important inversion. The Jews rejected their Messiah Ben Joseph expecting the Messiah Ben David. The Christians will almost certainly reject their Messiah Ben David while expecting the second coming of Messiah Ben Joseph first. But as Jesus prophesied in John 14-16, the Spirit of Truth will testify of Jesus Christ. The Jews are in for a treat!

IMPLICATIONS

The Devil has worked hard to convince the majority of Christianity that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost are one entity - some unintelligible, unrelatable power that can change shape and form. Of course, fighting the truth alone is reason enough. If the Holy Ghost is yet to come in the flesh, this war makes so much more sense. There will have been zero space given to mainstream Christianity to accept the coming of another God - a separate individual and identity apart from Jesus Christ.

Abraham 3

http://lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com/2 ... ham-3.html

I submit that the Holy Ghost is the one being chosen at the end of Abraham chapter 3. The Holy Ghost is selected and becomes the man who represents the enticing of good while the devil rebels and represents the enticing of evil. The Holy Ghost is the head of the order of Seraphim (Isaiah 6) - this is the order Jesus addresses in John 14-17, especially chapter 17. This is the highest order of angel - the stock from which the apostles come - who answer only to the archangels or patriarchs themselves, who answer to the Lord. The Holy Ghost is the ascending Seraphim who joins the Seven "Holy Ones" as Enoch refers to them.

Returning to Abraham 3, the devil sought to become the Holy Ghost - not Jesus Himself. He then sought to take the work of the Holy Ghost and extend it beyond the scope and purview of the Holy Ghost into the role of Jesus Christ. The Holy Ghost is a participator in salvation. This view grants much understanding to the devil - why he fell and why so many followed. Jesus was chosen from the beginning of this eternal round, whereas the scope of Abraham 3 is this one world - one of many worlds under Jehovah's dominion. There was no question as to who would be the Savior of this world - the role and throne of the Holy Ghost is much smaller and the scope of that ascension falls within the scope and boundaries of this one Earth.

Another God is coming - hidden to the vast majority of the peoples of this world, and even hidden to the vast majority of God's chosen, covenant people. This lays the foundation of a trial worthy of a God as we have already seen once before.

Ezekiel 37:25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children’s children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Now read the verse leading up to D&C 85:7 - very interesting:

D&C 85:6 Yea, thus saith the still small voice, which whispereth through and pierceth all things, and often times it maketh my bones to quake while it maketh manifest, saying:
7 And it shall come to pass that I, the Lord God, will send one mighty and strong, holding the scepter of power in his hand, clothed with light for a covering, whose mouth shall utter words, eternal words; while his bowels shall be a fountain of truth, to set in order the house of God, and to arrange by lot the inheritances of the saints whose names are found, and the names of their fathers, and of their children, enrolled in the book of the law of God;

A special thanks to Abijah for an extremely timely testimony as to the identity of the Davidic Servant to reinforce my own witness as well as for several scriptures that I have used throughout this piece.
How is the Davidic Servant a personage that ascends to a level of Archangels(from Seraphim as you put it) and The Holy Ghost(member of the Godhood) at the same time? How does he receive a lesser dominion(prince of Israel) than Michael(this earth)? If DS is The Holy Ghost, who is Michael and Gabriel that are next in Priesthood authority after Jesus? Or even who is Peter and what is his dominion/throne/reward in this world, since clearly we see in the temple that he is higher in authority than DS?
Thanks Alaris

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

Also, consider this:
Joshua 5:14
And he said, “No; but I am the commander of the army of the LORD. Now I have come.” And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped and said to him, “What does my lord say to his servant?”
Daniel 12:1
At that time Michael, the commander who stands guard over your nation(Israel), will arise(arise and awake...). Then there will be a time of anguish greater than any since nations first came into existence. But at that time every one of your people whose name is written in the book will be rescued.
...So-Michael stands 3RD in authority, is THE COMMANDER and will ARISE(and awake) in last days to stand guard over ISRAEL. 🤔
PS: שָׂר(sar) same word used in both passages, meaning both Prince and/or commander.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

dafty wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 2:38 pm Also, consider this:
Joshua 5:14
And he said, “No; but I am the commander of the army of the LORD. Now I have come.” And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped and said to him, “What does my lord say to his servant?”
Daniel 12:1
At that time Michael, the commander who stands guard over your nation(Israel), will arise(arise and awake...). Then there will be a time of anguish greater than any since nations first came into existence. But at that time every one of your people whose name is written in the book will be rescued.
...So-Michael stands 3RD in authority, is THE COMMANDER and will ARISE(and awake) in last days to stand guard over ISRAEL. 🤔
PS: שָׂר(sar) same word used in both passages, meaning both Prince and/or commander.
I'll answer this one first as it is easier. I appreciate the inclusion of the Hebrew word, as I have found that often looking at the original language is helpful. I'm going to throw in verse 2 as well
Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
First, I must reiterate that the basis of my conclusion that the Davidic Servant being the Holy Ghost is based off the whispering of the still small voice - still, small, yet undeniable--yet I denied that equation for over two years for various reasons. Certainly traditional LDS teaching / understanding is one of them.

That said, also bear in mind Marc's thread on the Holy Ghost / Second comforter that is presently being discussed. There is an overlap in titles that Jesus uses - He identifies Himself as the Father and the Son and The Spirit of Truth. I think Abijah said the following - or I did based off something he said - that the Father's hand is extended to the Son as the Son ascends and the Son's hand is extended to the Spirit of Truth...hence the overlap in titles, in addition to the fact that the Son was also once a Spirit of Truth Himself - which is why it's so important to grasp / accept the milky meat doctrine of MMP (lol.)

Did I say this was the easier one to address? lol

It's been a stressful day, hence the lols.

OK *ahem* - this is serious! (I promise I don't drink.)

Now, I gave this breakdown in another thread, but this is a more appropriate space for this breakdown of Father, Son, Father, Son.

Abram - Abraham
Isaac
Jacob - Israel
Joseph

Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are always mentioned in three. The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. What about Joseph? He certainly had the most interesting life (imho)! Well, Jospeh's brothers are included in the covenant, but Esau was not - neither was Ishmael. However, Joseph - as the birthright son has that very important symbolism of becoming a patriarch. His whole life is a symbol of the Davidic Servant - not Jesus Christ. I don't know if you caught my latest article on the hidden aspect, but I cover this important symbolism in that article:

Now, could I still be missing a layer - or even have misunderstood some element / aspect - that would explain that Michael is the prince / commander and he - not the Davidic Servant - raises the dead at the last day? I absolutely, firmly believe now that Abraham 3 is about the choosing of the Davidic Servant and Michael is the one who declared the space where we would go and build the Earth - as the Earth was his eternal reward he consecrated for another descent to yet a higher ascent:

Abraham 3:24 And there stood one among them that was like unto God, and he said unto those who were with him: We will go down, for there is space there, and we will take of these materials, and we will make an earth whereon these may dwell;
25 And we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them;
26 And they who keep their first estate shall be added upon; and they who keep not their first estate shall not have glory in the same kingdom with those who keep their first estate; and they who keep their second estate shall have glory added upon their heads for ever and ever.
27 And the Lord said: Whom shall I send? And one answered like unto the Son of Man: Here am I, send me. And another answered and said: Here am I, send me. And the Lord said: I will send the first.

So, bear this in mind - that Michael provides the space for the Son of God, who is above His station, to save Elohim's children spiritually and provides the space for the Holy Ghost - who is joining his own station - to ascend and physically save Adam's children. See the pattern?

Father - Elohim
Son - Jehovah
Father - Adam / Michael
Son - Davidic Servant

So Jehovah's throne is one of ascent to the throne of Elohim. The Davidic Servant's personal descent and ascent is his final ascent to receive his very first throne - that of the Patriarchs, of whom there are seven with Michael as the chief prince.

So as Joseph Smith taught in the above facsimile - there is an eternal principle of sitting on a throne at someone else's behest to join the station of that someone else.

All this buildup - which likely would be more concise with more quality sleep / less stress - is basically me making the point that the overlap in titles and responsibilities may include the meaning behind Michael just as the meaning behind David may also be a factor. It certainly makes much more sense to me that the Davidic Servant wages the final battle between the devil and his angels and the hosts of heaven.

The other way of looking at this, is the Son gives all glory to His father for His own accomplishments. Elohim provides the throne and space for Jehovah who reigns on Elohim's behalf. If I am right about the four layers here of father, son, father, son (I am,) then the Davidic Servant executing the temporal father's will in the resurrection and in the war to be fought - effectively sitting on Michael's throne at Michael's behest - is the perfect test to see if he is fit to join the order of Adam.

Don't judge this as my last word on the matter - I probably would have a better response with some better rest. :)
Last edited by Alaris on April 4th, 2018, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

I think I essentially answered this in my response to your other question, but I'll add a little more here. Forgive me if I don't justify each response as I will be happy to later.
dafty wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 12:56 pm How is the Davidic Servant a personage that ascends to a level of Archangels(from Seraphim as you put it) and The Holy Ghost(member of the Godhood) at the same time?
Take a look at facsimile 3 as I placed in the above reply. The throne of Jehovah is one of ascending as is the throne of the Davidic Servant. The Book of Enoch refers to the seven archangels as "the holy ones" and to the elect one (davidic servant) as "like" the holy ones. Wow, just like Abraham 3, the use of the word "like" denotes one of becoming and similitude.

I used this scripture in a separate thread to support my claim that the pattern of seven fathers and one son (seven and eight ladies and gentlemen - one the number of fullness and the other of renewal, rebirth) once revealed officially, will speak to the pattern in heaven. There are seven Elohim over seven levels of mankind and one Son designated for this eternal round - without whom none would be able to either progress to the next iteration (Before anyone makes the tired recycling comment) or receive a final judgement.

Imagine there were a first eternal round - if that's even possible (makes my head spin) - and there was just one order of spirits - all newbies. Then somehow they are able to progress to the next level ... and the next .... Now, let's say that next level is the next eternal round where a new generation of spirits is introduced....and so on. With each step up, there is a new generation of spirits. The higher / older spirits are now the priests and priestesses, kings and queens, to the new spirits. If that's true (and again I don't know all the details but this is absolutely true to some extent at the least) then there would be seven Elohim....because a Son of God ascends in each iteration and joins the Elohim...and this new Elohim has spirits ... and then his Son executes his will and ascends and joins the Elohim and so on ... This understanding provides a full context to John 17 where Jesus tells the father of the Seraphim, "thine they were:"

John 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

Thine they were because the Father was a Son in the prior iteration and ransomed all seven levels of mankind.
dafty wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 12:56 pmHow does he receive a lesser dominion(prince of Israel) than Michael(this earth)?
This one is easy. Michael's dominion is this Earth - all of its inhabitants. The Davidic Servant's dominion is a subset - Israel. Michael's probation begins before he declares to this Earth's inhabitants the purpose of this world to come and ends when he presents the Terrestrial version of this world for Celestial acceptance...perhaps not even then. There may be a period after similar to the fact we know the white stone in the celestial kingdom reveals higher orders. Perhaps Michael traverses those orders with this world in two to eventually use this world as the center of a new galaxy. OK I took the easy answer beyond the realm of easy ... but you get the idea. His scope and his probation are much larger. The Davidic Servant is chosen after Michael's probation has begun in Abraham 3 - he is then exalted at the end of the telestial period, receives the throne after his final personal trial, and then his ministry is emblematic of the rewards in store for Israel. The resurrection also acting as a symbol of the eventual exaltation when we are able to dwell in everlasting burnings having gone from exaltation to exaltation (King Follet.)

Easy. lol :)

I promise I'm not drunk. I did have a migraine - but no migraine medicine (Excedrin) I'm just tired and a little giddy after a stressful day.
dafty wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 12:56 pmIf DS is The Holy Ghost, who is Michael and Gabriel that are next in Priesthood authority after Jesus? Or even who is Peter and what is his dominion/throne/reward in this world, since clearly we see in the temple that he is higher in authority than DS? Thanks Alaris
I love your questions dafty as they are thought provoking and are clearly not coming from a place of lawyerly pharisee-ish-ness.

So each patriarch is over one level of mankdind in turn. They learn to rule each level ... in turn...imho. They are then given their own world where their dominion is all seven levels. The DS becomes a prince forever over Israel because his dominion never ends - this is the point of no return and no failure as indicated in the promises of Revelation. At some point, beings just don't fall / rebel anymore. I believe that cutoff point is the Seraphim - and Judas symbolized that element as did the tribe that essentially disappeared (can't remember the name ... see!? :) )

I recommend reading the first three articles on the seven levels of mankind (again) - with this new knowledge of the Holy Ghost in mind:

http://lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com/2 ... nkind.html

I'll add one of the graphics I made to illustrate the dominion over each level of mankind. These dominions coincidentally align perfectly to the rewards given in Revelation (the 8 rewards of overcoming,) which coincidentally align perfectly to the laws in the temple, and coincidentally align perfectly to the patriarchs each demonstrating their respective law over which they have dominion. Just kidding - none of it is a coincidence. It's all true!

I thought I had a better graphic than that. I'll update them at some point. These levels coincidentally align to the colors of the rainbow, the chakras, the days of the week, etc. etc. etc.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

CelestialAngel wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 7:52 pm How come I've been a Mormon for 32 years and never been mentioned anything about a Davidic servant in church, seminary, or institute and I only learned about this person from this particular message board?
I address that question in the original post. I will also link to my article on the hidden aspect of the Davidic Servant.
http://lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com/ ... t.html?m=1

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Dafty - I think I was about to share the following scripture in one of the earlier responses to you but it slipped my mind. It's been a day. Here it is. Bear in mind the multiple Elohim, the levels of mankind, and the fact none of this stuff has been revealed yet... Other than by me... Humbly so:

D&C 121:26 God shall give unto you knowledge by his Holy Spirit, yea, by the unspeakable gift of the Holy Ghost, that has not been revealed since the world was until now;
27 Which our forefathers have awaited with anxious expectation to be revealed in the last times, which their minds were pointed to by the angels, as held in reserve for the fulness of their glory;
28 A time to come in the which nothing shall be withheld, whether there be one God or many gods, they shall be manifest.
29 All thrones and dominions, principalities and powers, shall be revealed and set forth upon all who have endured valiantly for the gospel of Jesus Christ.
30 And also, if there be bounds set to the heavens or to the seas, or to the dry land, or to the sun, moon, or stars—
31 All the times of their revolutions, all the appointed days, months, and years, and all the days of their days, months, and years, and all their glories, laws, and set times, shall be revealed in the days of the dispensation of the fulness of times—
32 According to that which was ordained in the midst of the Council of the Eternal God of all other gods before this world was, that should be reserved unto the finishing and the end thereof, when every man shall enter into his eternal presence and into his immortal rest.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

A few more interesting symbols.

We have the two goats of Leviticus 16 - the ritual to which Paul referred as signifying the Holy Ghost (see OP) The blood of the goat is sprinkled seven times on the mercy seat while the second goat bears the sins away from Israel.

Passover takes place over seven days where each household offers a lamb.

The ritual for consecrating Priests is extremely interesting in the context of this thread and the above two rituals. Bear in mind the Priests are the priesthood - the governing Body of Christ and His power.

Seven days an atonement is made for the altar. Each of the seven days, a lamb is offered ... scratch that ... two lambs are offered ... each day. One in the morning and one in the evening. Two goats ... two lambs.

Exodus 29:37 Seven days thou shalt make an atonement for the altar, and sanctify it; and it shall be an altar most holy: whatsoever toucheth the altar shall be holy.

38 ¶ Now this is that which thou shalt offer upon the altar; two lambs of the first year day by day continually.

39 The one lamb thou shalt offer in the morning; and the other lamb thou shalt offer at even:

40 And with the one lamb a tenth deal of flour mingled with the fourth part of an hin of beaten oil; and the fourth part of an hin of wine for a drink offering.

41 And the other lamb thou shalt offer at even, and shalt do thereto according to the meat offering of the morning, and according to the drink offering thereof, for a sweet savour, an offering made by fire unto the Lord.

Why the morning and why the evening? The Spring and Fall equinoxes represent the morning of the year and the evening of the year - when the days are equally as short and long. Yet one is heading into the cold winter of short days and the other is heading to the warm summer of long days.

I made a comment elsewhere that this ritual symbolizes MMP as each Son is over one eternal round and the rounds are connected by Sons as we traverse them ... from the end of one (fall / evening) to the beginning of the next (spring / morning.) Though I do still believe this, there is another layer.

The spring festivals and holy days were fulfilled in Christ. The fall festivals are yet to be fulfilled. These are the festivals of the Holy Ghost - the Davidic Servant. This was the significance of 9/23 occurring at Rosh Hashanah - the Jewish New Year where the shofar is sounded and in particular on the Shabat Shuvah which means Return! This is about as overt announcement as God could make that the man child to rule all nations with an iron rod is inbound - yet the scoffing / mocking was vehement - yet another sign it was true. Plus there's Paul's witness that Yom Kippur signifies the Holy Ghost.

Back to Exodus 29 - let's say all this is interconnected and one of the symbols of the two lambs is that one is meant exclusively for the priesthood - or a subset of Israel. One goat is a sacrifice on Yom Kippur - the day of atonement - and one goat bears the sins away with a banishment - sound like the Davidic Servant? Sound like what may happen before the "Return!" ?

Anyway, there are undeniably two goats and two lambs that participate in Atonement. In fact "atonement" is used multiple times in both Leviticus 16 and Exodus 29 - neither of which is the passover itself.

Consider the language in the following scripture and how the known name of the Lord Jesus Christ is not used. Consider there are two lambs. In Exodus 29, I found a commentary that one of the lambs should be translated as "second lamb" below:
The exact same Hebrew phrase, “between the evenings,” is used in Exodus 29:38, 39 to describe the time the second daily sacrifice was to be offered: “This, moreover, is what thou shalt offer upon the altar, two lambs of a year old day by day, continually: the one lamb, shalt thou offer in the morning, and the second lamb, shalt thou offer between the evenings” (Rotherham). The King James translation has “other lamb” but the correct Hebrew should be “second lamb” (Strong’s #8145).
http://www.heraldmag.org/2004/04ma_3.htm

I'll ask you to suspend your disbelief one more time. The angel, or "his angel" as he is referred in Revelation ... let's say he is ascending to his first throne and that this event is the pinnacle event of the end times prophesies. He is becoming a prince forever over Israel ala Ezekiel 37. Now consider he is the Lamb - the second lamb - and the celebration in Revelation 19 is concerning his ascending to reign forever. I'll place Ezekiel 37 first for comparison:

Ezekiel 37:24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children’s children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Revelation 19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

3 And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.

4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.

5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.

6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

In this context - of the second lamb and his ascension of becoming a God forever - of achieving a new throne - and of becoming a King and a Prince forever - verse 10 now makes perfect sense! Righteous / Judgement keywords are here as well as the judgement of Babylon - all three are direct links to the Davidic Servant prophesies in Isaiah and in the Book of Enoch. And doesn't this read like a newly crowned God rather than a God whose throne has already been established and whose work of the winepress took place 2,000 years earlier? Let's read on:

Revelation 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

The first seven promises of overcoming are given in Revelation 2 & 3, and this eighth promise is given at the end ... it is the promise given to those who join His order - the promise of ascension that Christ Himself is one. The number seven is used throughout revelation - 7 orders of mankind - 7 seals for 7 thousand years - 7 trumpets - 7 plagues, etc. - all to what end? To the end of becoming a God. Revelation 21:6-7 is Christ Himself narrating what is being shown to John ... these are the promises fulfilled to all seven levels of mankind to the end of becoming a God. The final ministry of the telestial period of Earth is that of the second lamb - the second goat - the Holy Ghost - whose ascension to the throne of Godhood is celebrated at the end.

Revelation 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

6 And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.

God and the Lamb. Which Lamb? Which God? Is this encoded? Is one Elohim - or I should say - an El from the Elohim? Or is this Christ and the Holy Ghost? Is this Michael and the Holy Ghost? If Elohim and Jehovah were once Michaels, then wouldn't their thrones be on their own worlds? I don't want to cause a mind melting here, but consider the exaltation of the angel who delivers the message is the Davidic Servant - the ascending Holy Ghost, and as John witnesses the final ascension of this messenger, he falls down to worship him - twice.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

John also sort of overtly mentions there are seven of the order "Spirit of God"

Revelation 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

This is from this last Sunday from President Eyring's talk, "His Spirit to be with you."

While some are straining over the second Comforter from his talk, there are far more important goings on :

I bear testimony that the Father and the Son are sending the Holy Ghost to all who have that gift, ask for that blessing, and seek to be worthy of it. Neither the Father, nor the Son, nor the Holy Ghost force Themselves into our lives. We are free to choose. The Lord has said to all:
“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
“To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
“He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith” (Revelation 3:20–22).
I pray with all my heart that you will hear the voice of the Spirit, which is sent to you so generously. And I pray that you will open your heart always to receive Him. If you ask with real intent and with faith in Jesus Christ for inspiration, you will receive it in the Lord’s way and in His time. God did that for the young Joseph Smith. He does it today for our living prophet, President Russell M. Nelson. He has placed you in the way of other children of God to serve them for Him. I know that not only by what I have seen with my eyes but more powerfully by what the Spirit has whispered to my heart.

He also quotes the scripture I cited earlier which is a reference to his becoming a prince forever.

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Receive the Holy Ghost takes on new meaning. Receive him forever.

President Nelson from conference :

In coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

The two goats of Yom Kippur / Leviticus 16 represent physical death and spiritual death. The goat "For Jehovah" is sacrificed, and the goat "For Azazel" is cast out - the ceremony takes place at the temple / tabernacle, and the goat is sent out into the desert, carrying Israel's sins.

Psalm 68:18 Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the Lord God might dwell among them.
19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.
20 He that is our God is the God of salvation; and unto God the Lord belong the issues from death.

Two Gods are mentioned here - one over salvation and one over death.

Here is another clue

D&C 88:94 And another angel shall sound his trump, saying: That great church, the mother of abominations, that made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, that persecuteth the saints of God, that shed their blood—she who sitteth upon many waters, and upon the islands of the sea—behold, she is the tares of the earth; she is bound in bundles; her bands are made strong, no man can loose them; therefore, she is ready to be burned. And he shall sound his trump both long and loud, and all nations shall hear it.
95 And there shall be silence in heaven for the space of half an hour; and immediately after shall the curtain of heaven be unfolded, as a scroll is unfolded after it is rolled up, and the face of the Lord shall be unveiled;

Another thought on the ascending Holy Ghost for those of you who have read the Seven Levels of Mankind articles. - if there is a Holy Spirit assigned forever who ascends along with Israel, then the newly crowned Holy Ghost will be assigned to those souls who join Israel in this iteration. He would then likely be the archangel over the Moses dispensation in the next eternal round along with the "newbie" souls (golden calf worshipers, lesser law etc.) which would explain why Joseph Smith could - as I estimate - rank higher in the hierarchy of patriarchs and have such a higher work of salvation attributed to him and preside over the largest collection of souls - level one - and yet be the last of the seven Spirits of God to condescend.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

So President Nelson just gave us this gem from conference, "In coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost". How are we supposed to have the Holy Ghost with us if he is here on the earth?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

setyourselffree wrote: April 6th, 2018, 9:16 pm So President Nelson just gave us this gem from conference, "In coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost". How are we supposed to have the Holy Ghost with us if he is here on the earth?
Haha :)

Exactly. This is a prophecy from our prophet. Soon the guidance, direction, comforting, and constant influence of The Holy Ghost will be more essential than it is now... It will be essential to survive spiritually. If he's here on earth, then this prophecy makes more sense not less.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Alaris wrote: April 6th, 2018, 9:38 pm
setyourselffree wrote: April 6th, 2018, 9:16 pm So President Nelson just gave us this gem from conference, "In coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost". How are we supposed to have the Holy Ghost with us if he is here on the earth?

Exactly. This is a prophecy from our prophet. Soon the guidance, direction, comforting, and constant influence of The Holy Ghost will be more essential than it is now... It will be essential to survive spiritually. If he's here on earth, then this prophecy makes more sense not less.
If he is here on the earth he could not dwell within us. Thus another Holy Ghost would be assigned in his stead thus opening up a whole new can of worms.

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

D&C 121: 46 The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion, and thy scepter an unchanging scepter of righteousness and truth;and thy dominion shall be an everlasting dominion, and without compulsory means it shall flow unto thee forever and ever.

D&C 85: 7 And it shall come to pass that I, the Lord God, will send one mighty and strong, holding the scepter of power in his hand, clothed with light for a covering, whose mouth shall utter words, eternal words; while his bowels shall be a fountain of truth, to set in order the house of God, and to arrange by lot the inheritances of the saints whose names are found, and the names of their fathers, and of their children, enrolled in the book of the law of God;

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

setyourselffree wrote: April 8th, 2018, 6:53 am

If he is here on the earth he could not dwell within us. Thus another Holy Ghost would be assigned in his stead thus opening up a whole new can of worms.
Do not worry. All is being revealed in good time.

D&C 121:28 A time to come in the which nothing shall be withheld, whether there be one God or many gods, they shall be manifest.

Is there one Elohim or many?

Is there one Holy Ghost or many?

If you haven't read through this thread yet, I humbly recommend you doing so. John cites seven spirits of God, and though we focus rather heavily on the great light that has been shining on our one ascending Son of Elohim, the Holy Ghost has been largely hidden from us. There is one ascending Holy Ghost.

We do not know the machinations of the system of testating, comforting, teaching, and whispering. We have all been beneficiaries of this system but we do not know how it is executed by him. You of course are referring to the scripture that teaches he has no body so that he may dwell in us.

D&C 130:22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.
23 A man may receive the Holy Ghost, and it may descend upon him and not tarry with him.

Joseph Smith also said the Holy Ghost will take upon himself a body. Otherwise would he have been just skipping mortality to be exalted as a spirit, with a permanent absence of the fulness of joy? Of course not.

So how is the station of the Holy Ghost executed while he is in the flesh? Good question. Perhaps that's why President Nelson prophesied that we must be able to receive directly from the spirit of him who joins us in the flesh. Or perhaps the station is executed by one of the other seven spirits of God. Or all seven. Whether there be one or many....

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Not neccesarily. Perhaps I can provide some insight by posting about a Siritual Gift that i have known about for a while now. I call it Broadcast (that’s probably not it’s actual name, but it does aptly describe what’s going on).
Broadcast: A spiritual gift that allows the soul of the user to communicate directly with the souls of others.

While Broadcast is a common ability among Spirits and Resurrected Beings (as it is their primary means of communication with one another) , the ability to use it while in a mortal form or sphere is exceedingly rare. Those who do posses this Spiritual Gift while living must take caution, as they will be able to occasionally hear the voices of unclean spirits as well as demons within their mind.

For mortals, this ability can behave passively, enhancing communication with individuals whom your own spirit or the Holy Spirit singles out. However, the gift itself often behaves erratically, especially when a mortal tries to consciously use it.

One of the most notable beings to possess Broadcast is the Holy Ghost himself.
I quoted it exactly how I wrote it down in my personal writings.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Durzan wrote: April 8th, 2018, 10:38 am

Not neccesarily. Perhaps I can provide some insight by posting about a Siritual Gift that i have known about for a while now. I call it Broadcast (that’s probably not it’s actual name, but it does aptly describe what’s going on).
Broadcast: A spiritual gift that allows the soul of the user to communicate directly with the souls of others.

While Broadcast is a common ability among Spirits and Resurrected Beings (as it is their primary means of communication with one another) , the ability to use it while in a mortal form or sphere is exceedingly rare. Those who do posses this Spiritual Gift while living must take caution, as they will be able to occasionally hear the voices of unclean spirits as well as demons within their mind.

For mortals, this ability can behave passively, enhancing communication with individuals whom your own spirit or the Holy Spirit singles out. However, the gift itself often behaves erratically, especially when a mortal tries to consciously use it.

One of the most notable beings to possess Broadcast is the Holy Ghost himself.
I quoted it exactly how I wrote it down in my personal writings.
I had an experience in my early twenties were my spirit engaged two evil spirits, and I remember the experience from my body and from my spirit which were seemingly in two places at once. I've noted this same phenomenon described by NDE experiencers as well as the Dutch Banker who described a similar phenomenon while speaking on the torture he endured.

I've also had many experiences - most of them last summer - where my spirit would be speaking to other spirits in the morning as I awoke, though the content of the conversations would quickly fade. I can remember pieces, but our spirits very likely are much more awake than our bodies are....if our spirits are indeed awake while our bodies are asleep, this would be yet another symbolism of the inversion of the ministries and duties of Jesus Christ and The Holy Ghost.

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Alaris wrote: April 8th, 2018, 10:37 am

D&C 121:28 A time to come in the which nothing shall be withheld, whether there be one God or many gods, they shall be manifest.

If you haven't read through this thread yet, I humbly recommend you doing so. John cites seven spirits of God, and though we focus rather heavily on the great light that has been shining on our one ascending Son of Elohim, the Holy Ghost has been largely hidden from us. There is one ascending Holy Ghost.

We do not know the machinations of the system of testating, comforting, teaching, and whispering. We have all been beneficiaries of this system but we do not know how it is executed by him. You of course are referring to the scripture that teaches he has no body so that he may dwell in us.

D&C 130:22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.
23 A man may receive the Holy Ghost, and it may descend upon him and not tarry with him.

Joseph Smith also said the Holy Ghost will take upon himself a body. Otherwise would he have been just skipping mortality to be exalted as a spirit, with a permanent absence of the fulness of joy? Of course not.

So how is the station of the Holy Ghost executed while he is in the flesh? Good question. Perhaps that's why President Nelson prophesied that we must be able to receive directly from the spirit of him who joins us in the flesh. Or perhaps the station is executed by one of the other seven spirits of God. Or all seven. Whether there be one or many....
I am more than positive you will have a clever rebuttal to this (most who teach false doctrine do). But do keep in mind this scripture from D&C

22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.
23 A man may receive the Holy Ghost, and it may descend upon him and not tarry with him

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

setyourselffree wrote: April 8th, 2018, 3:05 pm
Alaris wrote: April 8th, 2018, 10:37 am

I am more than positive you will have a clever rebuttal to this (most who teach false doctrine do). But do keep in mind this scripture from D&C

22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.
23 A man may receive the Holy Ghost, and it may descend upon him and not tarry with him
your scripture reads false, sir.

https://byustudies.byu.edu/file/4133/do ... n=I4nLMKRT