What Would Jesus Eat?

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

What Would Jesus Eat?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

A sub-question to the quintessential question of “What Would Jesus Do?” :P

Also, a sister thread to: Proposed Penny Plan on Trump’s Survey, for the posting of products, worthy of being eaten by anyone. Times and Seasons was the name of a periodical, in the early days of the church, and well expresses a key concept also expressed by Dr. Gundry in The Plant Paradox.The purpose of this thread is to explore the Word of Wisdom and how to apply its principals, in light of modern advances in food production.

Many so-called advances actually bring about our awful situation. Dr. Lustig is another that has done much to counter the secret combinations that do conspire to get gain.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Re: What Would Jesus Eat?

Post by Rose Garden »

If you look at Section 89, it begins with a section of generally applicable principles, then contains a section of "to do's" then goes back to a section of general principles. I don't believe we were supposed to take the to do list and make it into a stone set list of instructions but that we were supposed to take the general principles and guide our behavior by those. I believe that if Jesus were asking us as a mortal man, that is what he would do. He would honor the divinity of his body and make wise choices in what he ate and drank goofed by the principles rather than adhere to a post of instructions given to someone 200 years ago when food was a completely different ballgame.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Here you go. Here is the answer to your question.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Our resurrected Savior had no issue eating meat.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43 And he took it, and did eat before them.
I don't doubt that he ate clean animal meat along with whole grain (wheat) breads, spices, and other typical Jewish foods including olives/olive oil (sop), figs, pomegranates, lamb (Passover feast), etc. and drank water when thirsty and wine during meals and feasts. Clean (kosher) animals eaten were chicken, quail, turkeys, pheasant, all fish with scales and fins, and livestock like sheep, cattle, goats, deer, and as I already mentioned, lambs.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Meat is to be eaten sparingly

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Meili wrote: March 5th, 2018, 9:42 am If you look at Section 89, it begins with a section of generally applicable principles, then contains a section of "to do's" then goes back to a section of general principles. I don't believe we were supposed to take the to do list and make it into a stone set list of instructions but that we were supposed to take the general principles and guide our behavior by those. I believe that if Jesus were asking us as a mortal man, that is what he would do. He would honor the divinity of his body and make wise choices in what he ate and drank guided by the principles rather than adhere to a post of instructions given to someone 200 years ago when food was a completely different ballgame.
Bad science has taken us down many false paths and promulgated many false principles. The Plant Paradox and Fat for Fuel take Fat Chance to the next level. I posted a bit about my recent experience in the Fast for Forty Days thread. Seems likely the Savior shed several pounds, which supports the idea about seasonal changes. Avocados and Olive Oil are finally recognized as two of the best foods. Optimal protein matches well with eating meat sparingly, and wheat is now understood as something to be enjoyed during times of feasting, like the festivals of old.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I have it on very good authority (an episode of the Simpsons..... well, they were spot on re. Trump!) that heaven is made of chocolate.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

He would eat Cheetos, pizza and root beer if humbly offered.

onandagus
captain of 50

Post by onandagus »

Betos or at least I've heard them call his order a few times.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

onandagus wrote: March 28th, 2018, 7:31 pm Betos or at least I've heard them call his order a few times.
😂😂😂

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Robin Hood wrote: March 28th, 2018, 9:30 am I have it on very good authority (an episode of the Simpsons..... well, they were spot on re. Trump!) that heaven is made of chocolate.
That's a gospel truth I can get behind!

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

Meili wrote: March 28th, 2018, 9:02 pm
Robin Hood wrote: March 28th, 2018, 9:30 am I have it on very good authority (an episode of the Simpsons..... well, they were spot on re. Trump!) that heaven is made of chocolate.
Just don't eat the dog! :)

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

tdj wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 6:28 pm
The dog...., the dog..... I'm guessing that's an inside joke for those who actually watched the episode.

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

Meili wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 10:48 pm
The dog...., the dog..... I'm guessing that's an inside joke for those who actually watched the episode.
Sorry :) When Homer Simpson walked thru the land of chocolate, literally EVERYTHING was chocolate, and when a small chocolate dog ran by, he picked it up and took a bite out of of it's back. It took off yipping.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

tdj wrote: April 4th, 2018, 11:51 am
Meili wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 10:48 pm

Sorry :) When Homer Simpson walked thru the land of chocolate, literally EVERYTHING was chocolate, and when a small chocolate dog ran by, he picked it up and took a bite out of of it's back. It took off yipping.
:o :lol: :o

roycelerwick
captain of 50

Post by roycelerwick »

Food.

roycelerwick
captain of 50

Post by roycelerwick »

Do immortals eat? If so, what does it matter if it's nourishing, they're immortal.

PressingForward
captain of 100

Post by PressingForward »

Biscuits and Gravy, BACON Gravy.......

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »