New Ideas flood the Forum.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Love
captain of 100

New Ideas flood the Forum.

Post by Love »

In The Age of the Internet. Many topics and ideas that most people would never see or hear about. Now they are one qlick away. Therefore an Honest seeker of truth will have questions. This forum allows people in a non invasive way ask questions. Ideas content were easier to direct before. Now history and conraversial topics are easy to come across.

I would ask all to help Me a seeker of Truth to understand. Please don't attack or break me down. please share, give new ideas, build me up. I am trying to rediscover religion in a safe way. "Dip my toe in before I get wet, so to speak." I am not a troll. I am a baby in the gospel. :D

Love
captain of 100

Re: New Ideas flood the Forum.

Post by Love »

Thank you to all who have been sincere.

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

I might need a break from this site. I can say nothing to convince of my intentions. I am being taught intolerance.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Love wrote: February 1st, 2018, 12:59 pm I might need a break from this site. I can say nothing to convince of my intentions. I am being taught intolerance.
Sorry about user "Silver", he has been warned for his inappropriate posts towards you.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

BrianM wrote: February 1st, 2018, 1:58 pm
Love wrote: February 1st, 2018, 12:59 pm I might need a break from this site. I can say nothing to convince of my intentions. I am being taught intolerance.
Sorry about user "Silver", he has been warned for his inappropriate posts towards you.
Brian, why is it my fault that you don't have enough time to police your own website, nor any moderators who will?

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Silver wrote: February 1st, 2018, 2:25 pmBrian, why is it my fault that you don't have enough time to police your own website, nor any moderators who will?
This is a "freedom forum". A police state would be anti-freedom. There is a system in place on this forum for reporting posts that violate the forum rules and it is sufficient.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

BrianM wrote: February 1st, 2018, 2:34 pm
Silver wrote: February 1st, 2018, 2:25 pmBrian, why is it my fault that you don't have enough time to police your own website, nor any moderators who will?
This is a "freedom forum". A police state would be anti-freedom. There is a system in place on this forum for reporting posts that violate the forum rules and it is sufficient.
It's not an LDS forum, that's for sure.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Silver wrote: February 1st, 2018, 2:36 pmIt's not an LDS forum, that's for sure.
You certainly have not been behaving like an LDS on this forum.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Easy you two. We all have our own opinions, and sometimes we get a bit hot under the hood. Christ wouldn't want you squabbling like this.

Brian, while this is a "Freedom Forum" like you said, too much freedom leads to anarchy. You need some structure and order in order to keep the peace. While your efforts to keep things running smoothly on your own is admirable, you are just one man. Like Moses, you are trying to do everything by yourself.

You just don't have the time to address every single complaint. You need to delegate some responsibility to a few trusted moderators. Doing so isn't going to ruin the forum, nor inhibit the freedom aspect.

Even a state with very little government needs some Law Enforcement, Judges, and Legislators to keep things running smoothly. I know you have been burned by some of those whom you trusted with the position earlier, but the fact remains that you can't do this alone; your forum will only suffer without additional aid. Just look at the amount of contention that has been going on for the past 6+ months!

Are we not a people of order?
Last edited by Durzan on February 1st, 2018, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Durzan wrote: February 1st, 2018, 2:49 pmBrian, while this is a "Freedom Forum" like you said, too much freedom leads to anarchy. You need some structure and order in order to keep the peace.
Agreed. That's the main reason for the "Report this Post" button. So members of this community can do their part in reporting posts that violate the rules of the forum.
Durzan wrote: February 1st, 2018, 2:49 pmWhile your efforts to keep things running smoothly on your own is admirable, you are just one man. Like Moses, you are trying to do everything by yourself. You just don't have the time to address every single complaint. You need to delegate some responsibility to a few trusted moderators. Doing so isn't going to ruin the forum, nor inhibit the freedom aspect.
I completely agree. People are welcome to volunteer to be moderators. In the past there have been more. They come and go at times. I will accept anyone as a moderator who has demonstrated that they can handle discussion in an objective and fair manner, especially those who have shown they don't get mad or upset and are okay with others "being wrong". We shouldn't expect people to always share our opinions on everything. It's just a matter of the right people stepping forth to volunteer for such efforts.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

BrianM wrote: February 1st, 2018, 3:01 pm
Durzan wrote: February 1st, 2018, 2:49 pmBrian, while this is a "Freedom Forum" like you said, too much freedom leads to anarchy. You need some structure and order in order to keep the peace.
Agreed. That's the main reason for the "Report this Post" button. So members of this community can do their part in reporting posts that violate the rules of the forum.
Durzan wrote: February 1st, 2018, 2:49 pmWhile your efforts to keep things running smoothly on your own is admirable, you are just one man. Like Moses, you are trying to do everything by yourself. You just don't have the time to address every single complaint. You need to delegate some responsibility to a few trusted moderators. Doing so isn't going to ruin the forum, nor inhibit the freedom aspect.
I completely agree. People are welcome to volunteer to be moderators. In the past there have been more. They come and go at times. I will accept anyone as a moderator who has demonstrated that they can handle discussion in an objective and fair manner, especially those who have shown they don't get mad or upset and are okay with others "being wrong". We shouldn't expect people to always share our opinions on everything. It's just a matter of the right people stepping forth to volunteer for such efforts.

Thanks for bringing this up.
No problem.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Durzan wrote: February 1st, 2018, 2:49 pm Are we not a people of order?
We Mormons certainly like to think so. Are you offering to become a moderator?

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

If it so be that I am found capable and qualified, I am voulenteering.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Durzan wrote: February 1st, 2018, 3:44 pm If it so be that I am found capable and qualified, I am voulenteering.
I have to take some responsibility here. I should have been using the "report" button rather than allow shenanigans continue on and try to police it myself by pointing out the behaviors rather than reporting on them. It just didn't feel right to report on it until others started to be attacked by association.

Lesson learned - I could have handled this all better, but that's the gospel isn't it? Whether it's one life or many ... worlds without end ;) ;)

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Durzan wrote: February 1st, 2018, 3:44 pm If it so be that I am found capable and qualified, I am voulenteering.
There ya go, Brian. I second Durzan's nomination.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

marc wrote: February 1st, 2018, 4:07 pm
I'll have to consult the puppet master before making a decision.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

BrianM wrote: February 1st, 2018, 4:38 pm
Haha, I don't even wanna ask.

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

:)
Would that be legion, mummy, jason or one of the 111s? :twisted: :) :P

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Is your puppet master the one mighty and strong to set things in order?

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Puppet master? Yes, that does give rise to a tad of curiosity.
That could be something as simple as swmbo. Swimbo as I like to pronounce it.
Or something more sinister.
Does anyone here know?

!!!
Wait? Does silver know? Is that the basis of his banishment? He came into unauthorized information?
I can't help but think this type of speculation could be dangerous.
dc

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

David13 wrote: February 1st, 2018, 9:08 pmPuppet master?
The puppet master is around but probably hasn't been noticed. Let's just say the puppet master is "hiding in plain site".

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

BrianM wrote: February 1st, 2018, 9:12 pm
David13 wrote: February 1st, 2018, 9:08 pmPuppet master?
The puppet master is around but probably hasn't been noticed. Let's just say the puppet master is "hiding in plain site".
Plain sight?
Well, if it's plain sight, then aforesaid puppet master can't actually be hiding.
This sounds cryptic but maybe it's just ordinary.

The puppet master is the true forum owner, or a poster who contributes enough regularly to run the site. Therefore said pm is looked to as the ultimate authority here. But is actually a regular poster known to other posters just by a first name.

Therefore ... the puppet master is .. Elizabeth!

dc

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

kenssurplus wrote: February 1st, 2018, 6:09 pm
Would that be legion, mummy, jason or one of the 111s? :twisted: :) :P

Darn, I had the 111 thing going for like 10 posts, but failed to notice. :cry:

LucianAMD
ex-Puppet Master

Post by LucianAMD »

I approve.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

For many men, the Puppet Master behind the curtain is their Wife! That is where the original Tolerance, Empathy, and Charity comes from!