Humor - what's so funny?

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
Post Reply
User avatar
FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic
Posts: 3776
Location: I think and I know things.

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

madvin wrote: March 13th, 2023, 2:46 pm
Cruiserdude wrote: March 13th, 2023, 1:33 pm
madvin wrote: March 13th, 2023, 1:28 pm Remember that photo of the construction workers having lunch on an unfinished New York skyscraper? Well, here’s the photographer Charles Ebbets. 9/20/1932

photographer.jpg
Unreal. Look at him standing tall, unwavering.... Now we're scared to stand tall when there isn't even threat of harm!!! 😉😉(you know what I'm getting at)

I have such an admiration for our old timers and those that lived in that period. What a beautiful time in our history 👍👍
Then who took HIS picture???
I wonder how long the elites and fake news corporations and NASA and the film industry have had photoshop and just didn't tell us about it. :?:

User avatar
madvin
captain of 100
Posts: 857
Location: Stillwater OK

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by madvin »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: March 13th, 2023, 2:58 pm
madvin wrote: March 13th, 2023, 2:46 pm
Cruiserdude wrote: March 13th, 2023, 1:33 pm
madvin wrote: March 13th, 2023, 1:28 pm Remember that photo of the construction workers having lunch on an unfinished New York skyscraper? Well, here’s the photographer Charles Ebbets. 9/20/1932

photographer.jpg
Unreal. Look at him standing tall, unwavering.... Now we're scared to stand tall when there isn't even threat of harm!!! 😉😉(you know what I'm getting at)

I have such an admiration for our old timers and those that lived in that period. What a beautiful time in our history 👍👍
Then who took HIS picture???
I wonder how long the elites and fake news corporations and NASA and the film industry have had photoshop and just didn't tell us about it. :?:
Y'know...that seems very plausible. Looking at that picture, it seems unreal.

User avatar
creator
(of the Forum)
Posts: 7686
Location: The Matrix
Contact:

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by creator »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: March 13th, 2023, 2:58 pm I wonder how long the elites and fake news corporations and NASA and the film industry have had photoshop and just didn't tell us about it. :?:
They've had the ability to edit photos ever since photography became a thing, it just wasn't digital photo editing.

User avatar
FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic
Posts: 3776
Location: I think and I know things.

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

creator wrote: March 13th, 2023, 3:11 pm
FoxMammaWisdom wrote: March 13th, 2023, 2:58 pm I wonder how long the elites and fake news corporations and NASA and the film industry have had photoshop and just didn't tell us about it. :?:
They've had the ability to edit photos ever since photography became a thing, it just wasn't digital photo editing.
I agree.

On that note, check out all those whitewashed skies, and blurred out faces on so many early "church history" photos - esp. the ones showing early temples being "built".

User avatar
Silver Pie
seeker after Christ
Posts: 7328
Location: In the state that doesn't exist

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by Silver Pie »

madvin wrote: March 13th, 2023, 2:46 pm Then who took HIS picture???
That's what I was wondering.

User avatar
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 11120

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by Niemand »

It was common to touch up early photographs for the simple reason that both the cameras and the film stock were awful and resulted in grainy photographs.

User avatar
abijah
troll with a purpose
Posts: 2303
Location: bermuda

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by abijah »

Image

User avatar
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 11120

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by Niemand »

abijah wrote: March 13th, 2023, 7:05 pm Image
Sometimes I'll go into a shop and see someone buying things in a competitor's uniform.

User avatar
abijah
troll with a purpose
Posts: 2303
Location: bermuda

Re: Humor - what's so funny? (meme rampage)

Post by abijah »

Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image


Image

User avatar
madvin
captain of 100
Posts: 857
Location: Stillwater OK

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by madvin »

Things to ponder as you age . . .


The inventor of the treadmill died at the age of 54 😳
The originator of gymnastics died at the age of 57 😳
The past world bodybuilding champion died at the age of 41 😳
The best soccer player in history, Maradona, died at the age of 60 😔

And then . . .
KFC inventor died at 94 😊
Inventor of Nutella brand died at the age of 88 😊
Cigarette maker Winston died at the age of 102 😜
The inventor of opium died at the age of 116 in an earthquake 😜
Hennessy cognac, Irish inventor died at 98 😊

How did doctors come to the conclusion that exercise prolongs life?
The rabbit is always jumping, but it lives for only 2 years.
The turtle that doesn't exercise at all, lives 400 years.

So . . .
Have a drink,
Take a nap,
And if you wake up, have bacon and eggs.

User avatar
Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 11710
Location: The Universe - wherever that is.

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by Thinker »

madvin wrote: March 16th, 2023, 9:13 pm
The rabbit is always jumping, but it lives for only 2 years.
The turtle that doesn't exercise at all, lives 400 years.

So . . .
Have a drink,
Take a nap,
And if you wake up, have bacon and eggs.
😄

Demotivators: 😆

“A thousand-mile journey starts with one step. Then again, so does falling in a ditch and breaking your neck.”

Every dead body on Mt. Everest was once a highly motivated person… so maybe calm down.

“Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions.” - Marion G. Harmon

“If at first, you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.” - W.C. Fields

“When life knocks you down, stay there and take a nap.”

User avatar
Cruiserdude
captain of 1,000
Posts: 4631
Location: Wasatch front

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by Cruiserdude »

Thinker wrote: March 24th, 2023, 4:01 pm
madvin wrote: March 16th, 2023, 9:13 pm
The rabbit is always jumping, but it lives for only 2 years.
The turtle that doesn't exercise at all, lives 400 years.

So . . .
Have a drink,
Take a nap,
And if you wake up, have bacon and eggs.
😄

Demotivators: 😆

“A thousand-mile journey starts with one step. Then again, so does falling in a ditch and breaking your neck.”

Every dead body on Mt. Everest was once a highly motivated person… so maybe calm down.

“Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions.” - Marion G. Harmon

“If at first, you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.” - W.C. Fields

“When life knocks you down, stay there and take a nap.”
These got a good chuckle outta me😂😂
Another one:
'Why do today, what you can put off until tomorrow?'
😁

User avatar
Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 11710
Location: The Universe - wherever that is.

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by Thinker »

Image

Image

User avatar
Fred
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 6095
Location: Zion

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by Fred »

This isn't funny, but it appears that the not funny thread got deleted.
kids under car.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
RosyPosy
captain of 100
Posts: 190
Location: formerly great state of utah

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by RosyPosy »

Screensho[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
creator
(of the Forum)
Posts: 7686
Location: The Matrix
Contact:

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by creator »

Fred wrote: March 25th, 2023, 8:17 pm This isn't funny, but it appears that the not funny thread got deleted.
I'm not aware of such a thread, but this thread has been fun.

User avatar
Fred
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 6095
Location: Zion

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by Fred »

creator wrote: March 25th, 2023, 10:05 pm
Fred wrote: March 25th, 2023, 8:17 pm This isn't funny, but it appears that the not funny thread got deleted.
I'm not aware of such a thread, but this thread has been fun.
It was called "Not the slightest bit funny" or something like that. I posted maybe 3 or 4 different times in it. Some people viewed it, but I don't recall that anyone posted. No big deal. I couldn't find it on search.

User avatar
abijah
troll with a purpose
Posts: 2303
Location: bermuda

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by abijah »

Image

User avatar
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 11120

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by Niemand »

Take that Flat Earthers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 11350
Location: “if thine eye offend thee, pluck him out.”
Contact:

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

madvin wrote: March 16th, 2023, 9:13 pm Things to ponder as you age . . .


The inventor of the treadmill died at the age of 54 😳
The originator of gymnastics died at the age of 57 😳
The past world bodybuilding champion died at the age of 41 😳
The best soccer player in history, Maradona, died at the age of 60 😔

And then . . .
KFC inventor died at 94 😊
Inventor of Nutella brand died at the age of 88 😊
Cigarette maker Winston died at the age of 102 😜
The inventor of opium died at the age of 116 in an earthquake 😜
Hennessy cognac, Irish inventor died at 98 😊

How did doctors come to the conclusion that exercise prolongs life?
The rabbit is always jumping, but it lives for only 2 years.
The turtle that doesn't exercise at all, lives 400 years.

So . . .
Have a drink,
Take a nap,
And if you wake up, have bacon and eggs.
Are we going for quantity or quality? 😉

User avatar
madvin
captain of 100
Posts: 857
Location: Stillwater OK

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by madvin »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 26th, 2023, 6:38 am
madvin wrote: March 16th, 2023, 9:13 pm Things to ponder as you age . . .


The inventor of the treadmill died at the age of 54 😳
The originator of gymnastics died at the age of 57 😳
The past world bodybuilding champion died at the age of 41 😳
The best soccer player in history, Maradona, died at the age of 60 😔

And then . . .
KFC inventor died at 94 😊
Inventor of Nutella brand died at the age of 88 😊
Cigarette maker Winston died at the age of 102 😜
The inventor of opium died at the age of 116 in an earthquake 😜
Hennessy cognac, Irish inventor died at 98 😊

How did doctors come to the conclusion that exercise prolongs life?
The rabbit is always jumping, but it lives for only 2 years.
The turtle that doesn't exercise at all, lives 400 years.

So . . .
Have a drink,
Take a nap,
And if you wake up, have bacon and eggs.
Are we going for quantity or quality? 😉
Good point! 😋

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 100
Posts: 675

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

Thinker wrote: September 8th, 2018, 9:12 pm Moon, I love Home Improvement! And I like how Tim Allen stood up for basic truths. I think some people got offended at him suggesting people got too easily offended, or something him being a bigot (intollerance to other opinions) for believing gender is biologically significant.

Image
Michelle wrote: August 27th, 2018, 10:51 am A lesson in using agency wisely.

This is one of my all time favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... w0lr63y4Mw

Edit:
Bob Newhart "Stop It"
:D It’s Papa Elf cutting to the chase!
https://sadderbutwiser.files.wordpress. ... fs-lap.jpg

On that note, here’s a harmonizing one... My kids sometimes shout this to each other - so motivating. ;) I think he’s quoting Pres. Kimball - or was it Nike?
“JUST DO IT!”
https://youtu.be/ZXsQAXx_ao0
" our standards are very high, we even have high double standards"
sounds like church of what's happening now
Funnier if it weren't true

User avatar
Fred
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 6095
Location: Zion

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by Fred »

problem solver.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 11120

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by Niemand »

Fred wrote: March 27th, 2023, 12:30 am problem solver.jpg
Why not combine the two?

User avatar
abijah
troll with a purpose
Posts: 2303
Location: bermuda

Re: Humor - what's so funny? 🌈🐸🎭

Post by abijah »

Image

Post Reply