A True Experience with members of the lost Ten Tribes

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
waialeale
captain of 10

A True Experience with members of the lost Ten Tribes

Post by waialeale »

Below is a true account of a remarkable experience with members of the lost 10 tribes. It comes as a letter written to a close friend of a man who was traveling in Mexico where it took place. Originally I was going to post it on a site called 'LDS AVOW' (after an online search for LDS forums) but quickly realized that website was created to make money for the creators of it not so much for basic operation fees, but because while signing up one of the terms was that the site creator owned all content submitted and 'may' use what was submitted anywhere on the site in the sales of books etc. Immediately a red flag went up which reminded me of the people in the Book of Mormon who were engaged in priest crafts and class distinctions. I am sure there are good people of that community, but for me trying to sign up on that site with this message that I desire to share clearly came with the same feelings I get when reading about Nehor and his people.

2016 Mitla Oaxaca
Dear Brock,
Just had a very instructive experience with 3 people, 2 men and a lady who represented themselves as belonging to to the lost 10 tribes of Israel. They were very clean and looked no different than we do with one another. The meeting was brief but very instructive. So much information was communicated so quickly that our visit did not take much time. It was as if downloads of information were given during this experience is the best way I can put it. They said that they know me well and had been sent to assist me in some personal matters. They said that they are part of a Zion like society led by John the living Apostle that the Lord caused to be led away in the same manner that he has taken other peoples away for various purposes. They said that they serve others of Israel, that never does anyone progress where it is not a crucial part of the process to serve others who are not as progressed. That it is a duty. That our gifts and blessings spiritual and temporal are all from God and it is given to us to be blessed ourselves but then to bless others so they also are blessed in like manner. They said that the closer we are to Father, the more we serve others in true love. That the Father is the greatest servant of all and His Son Jesus Christ. That no one is more sincere, works harder, sacrifices as much or has so much love as they do. And the more we understand and are given, the harder we ought to work and sacrifice.

They said that we are family and that Zion is not complete without all the tribes being together. Only then can the Lord return and claim us unto his own Bosom and then unto the Father with Abraham, Enoch, Melchizedek and others who the Lord has led away from time to time. They told me that we on the earth are subject to great abuse and secret combinations in forms too pernicious and too many to get into, but that the time is short for the secret combinations spoken of in the scriptures and that the Lord will himself destroy the evil (2nd Nephi 10:15). That when the shackles we bear now are removed reality and senses will be improved more than we can fathom. They said the office of their service is to assist us and to contend with major factions of opposition that we generally do not know much about.
They said some of us know a little bit about some of these things and the information is available in many things but is lost as it were in a sea or soup of information so vast and so erroneous and mixed with misinformation and voluminous intertwined information that it takes the Spirit of God to locate and discern it. Likened to a ball of cords all knotted up and difficult to unravel, follow and make straight. They said the time is coming when much confusions and pollutions will be taken away. They said that they even do not know all things, that they are in many ways including technology more advanced than we are but nowhere near where the Lord is in wisdom, knowledge power etc.

They taught me about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that Joseph Smith is a true Prophet and the Book of Mormon is a true record, although it is only a sliver of scriptures and records of what awaits the faithful Saints. They taught me that Faith in Jesus Christ is the only real protection and power we or they can rely upon. That his Holy order of Priesthood is without beginning of days or end of years with power to bless infinite blessings.
That the Savior Jesus Christ is really in truth the absolute only way back to being forever with and like God in exaltation. That there are many paths that lead all over the place but only the one straight and pure that leads to where our Father in Heaven desires us to arrive back to Him through, eternal lives meaning seed and being added upon. There is no other fullness of joy and purpose other than being a part of and having an eternal family - That there is more to what we understand as family. For example in some ways we progress together and no one truly humble is left out. And they are stuck until all worthy are included also.
That our various challenges and trials are designed to help us become closer the Savior and his atoning power to save. Without our tailored challenges we would be less humble and less apt to follow the Lord into salvation. That our trials are in very real ways protections against our own pride and going amiss unless we were bridled. They emphasized that more will come as we live what we know and that we will find great joy in the work we have been given, a work that many before us have when then were given the abundance we have did not prevail against the power of prosperity and fell away. They stressed how important it is for us to be humble always as just a little pride can snowball into a great avalanche. So we need to be careful. Also to not be paranoid but go forth in confidence following the example like Brother Joseph and that the Lord's servants are supposed to be cheerful and believing and confident in the Lord and happy not to levity, ease idolatry or drunkenness but always being firm and hopeful. That all the virtues of nobility are there for us to enjoy and to not fear.

They told me that there are all sorts of entities out there. I asked them, "like star trek?" and they said yes that there are many truths in that show and that Gene Roddenberry and others like Carl Sagan were inspired to pursue and advocate such things- meaning that there is an infinity of creation and we are not alone in the cosmos. They mentioned a few other things about that. They treated me with great kindness and seemed to communicate somehow in mind with me as well as speech as they answered me at times when I put forth or was organizing my thoughts to articulate before I spoke out. There seems to be some type of way to discern mentally or spiritually the exact things and in the exact manner we desire to express.
The Adamic language is very powerful and is much more than what we think a language is. Certain utterances can bring immediate results. They said the fullness of the gentiles is at the door and will arrive suddenly and in such terrific ways even the elect will be surprised in ways. They said to not believe in fear anything, but to realize there is a plan and a lot of preparations on their end and that our efforts will join theirs. They said that they also have agency and make mistakes, that only the Lord has all the puzzle pieces put together. They did not talk much about the Church per se mostly that the Lord would test his people members and non members alike and that ALL faith in money and worldly materials would fail and only those who have a true individual testimony would survive the separation of the wheat and tares. They talked about different mantles and the difference between the gospel, the church, the kingdom of God and the Priesthood and differing roles and functions and leadership positions and accountabilities. They taught that many of the saints lump everything spiritual into just the church but that there is so much more to it while fully respecting the church much like one would respect an elementary school once having graduated. Who would return to the elementary school they attended as a grown adult and stir up things there? We talked about the remnant who are the seed of Joseph, Lehi's son who was promised in the book of mormon that his seed would never perish as long as the earth should stand and that this seed is organized and possesses ancient records. We discussed the Indians and their leader, a long time promised servant of God, a coming prophet and the rights and power God has given to him, himself and that reading the book of Mormon, 3rd Nephi chapters 16 and 20 and 21 is reading as it were the most plain way things will unfold. We talked about many things and they were very animated and cheerful. They had a great peace and calm about them and I can't explain it but they felt really really clean. Like unpolluted and like they had a mental sanity and level of function far surpassing what we have. I asked about this and they we said that we don't often realize it but are under attack in strange, profound ways in technology used against us. Something like in the food and air and frequency's and something about the magnetic field of the earth being trifled with. They mentioned about genetics being also trifled with and plans evil people have to destroy their fellow man using diseases, tampering with genetics and phycological weapons. Also things about the the book of Revelations and being sealed against such attacks. Anyway I felt it important to tell you about this. Still in Oaxaca and will be in touch as able. Your brother, J.

True
captain of 100

Re: A True Experience with members of the lost Ten Tribes

Post by True »

Very interesting.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Welcome to the forum. That was an interesting account. Thank you for sharing it.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

waialeale wrote: July 12th, 2017, 1:13 am Below is a true account of a remarkable experience with members of the lost 10 tribes. It comes as a letter written to a close friend of a man who was traveling in Mexico where it took place. Your brother, J.
Thanks for sharing that. Would you mind telling us what your relationship is with the three people highlighted above?

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Thanks for sharing this. I agree that humility is essential. Pride damns us - holds us back from seeing our weaknesses which then we can't correct & improve. It's good to remember that trials help prevent us from getting too pridefully damnned up.

Another part that stood out to me is that many lump all spirituality with "the church" - but there's much more! If we think we've "arrived" (when we haven't) that pride will hold us back. Also, scriptures, as Nephi said, are writings of imperfect men. And on top of that, often they have been edited, warped, mistranslated etc, so the original meaning is lost. It's essential to read with the spirit and discernment.

waialeale
captain of 10

Post by waialeale »

Glad it has been edifying. Thank you for the welcome. The writer, a friend of mine desires to keep their identity private to avoid all the things that could come of it. He has had many experiences like "Spencer" who's real name was leaked but desires to keep his identity private.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

waialeale wrote: July 12th, 2017, 5:55 pm Glad it has been edifying. Thank you for the welcome. The writer, a friend of mine desires to keep their identity private to avoid all the things that could come of it. He has had many experiences like "Spencer" who's real name was leaked but desires to keep his identity private.
Interesting stuff. I have the understanding that this end-time servant will be from Lehi's seed of Manasseh. Is that what is being expressed? I'm starting to wonder if there's one end-time servant or other types.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

waialeale wrote: July 12th, 2017, 5:55 pm Glad it has been edifying. Thank you for the welcome. The writer, a friend of mine desires to keep their identity private to avoid all the things that could come of it. He has had many experiences like "Spencer" who's real name was leaked but desires to keep his identity private.
Quite interesting and provocative.

But I’m curious, if you are a close friend of the writer ‘J’, are you ‘Brock’ . . . or simply another friend of the writer? If the latter, this could imply that Brock passed the letter on to you. I.e., how did you come by the letter?

Of course, if you feel the need to be on the QT regarding those questions, I would understand.

Also, did you notice the recent thread on the 10 tribe shown here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=45826#p790916

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

The lost tribes watch Star Trek?

I'm very sceptical of the whole story.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Robin Hood wrote: July 13th, 2017, 12:45 am The lost tribes watch Star Trek?

More likely they had Spiritual Intuition... IE the Spirit told them enough about the show to allow them to use it as a comparison while teaching the writer of the letter.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Robin Hood wrote: July 13th, 2017, 12:45 am The lost tribes watch Star Trek?

I'm very excited to know Star Trek is real! That also means Khan is real, we better watch out.

Sandinista
captain of 100

Post by Sandinista »

"... a letter written to a close friend of a man who was traveling in Mexico where it took place."

Sounds very suspect. The Lord does not work through "letters to a close friend of a man traveling...". I'm not disputing that someone might have had an experience similar to this, but to put much stock in such a thing is dangerous. Though it appears that there is truth in what he writes, there is also a lot of speculation, or "looking beyond the mark" as well. What we need to know has been and will continue to be revealed to us through called and ordained Prophets, and through canonized Scripture. We don't need to rely on third or fourth person letters from an friend (second or third person depending on if you consider the actual "letter" to be in the second person) who heard it from a man (third or fourth person) traveling in Mexico.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Just as a friendly reminder..

"Beware of "loose" writings predicting calamities. One more matter: There are among us many loose writings predicting the calamities which are about to overtake us. Some of these have been publicized as though they were necessary to wake up the world to the horrors about to overtake us. Many of these are from sources upon which there cannot be unquestioned reliance.

Are you priesthood bearers aware of the fact that we need no such publications to be forewarned, if we were only conversant with what the scriptures have already spoken to us in plainness?................................

Cease to promote the works of the devil. It never ceases to amaze me how gullible some of our Church members are in broadcasting sensational stories, or dreams, or visions, or purported patriarchal blessings, or quotations, or supposedly from some person's private diary……………………………………………….

Brethren of the priesthood, you defenders of the faith, we would wish that you would plead with our Saints to cease promoting the works of the devil. Spend your time promoting the works of the Lord, and don't allow these things to be found among those under your charge, for they are the works of Satan, and we are playing his game whenever we permit such things to be heralded about and repeated and passed about on every side…………………………………………

So we could go on and on. One of our brethren was reported to have said that the people of California should move up to the tops of the Rocky Mountains, that only there would be safety. Contrary to that, we are constantly saying to our people that safety is where the pure in heart are, and that there is just as much safety wherever you are, if you are living and keeping the commandments of God.

Brethren, I repeat, don't allow the works of the devil to be paraded in our midst and become the subject of discourses or lesson materials. Speak of the works of righteousness, and the power of the devil will begin to cease among you. (70-07, p. 64)

The very elect may be deceived. When the disciples asked [the Savior] what would be the signs of His second coming, or the destruction of the wicked which was the end of the world, He told them of certain signs that would come, and among them He said, "For in those days there shall also arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders, insomuch, that, if possible, they shall deceive the very elect, who are the elect according to the covenant" (Joseph Smith—Matthew 1:22).

Now, who are the elect according to the covenant? That means members of this church are in danger of being deceived by those who come, false prophets and false Christs. How shall we detect them? He said, "Behold, I have told you before; wherefore, if they [those false prophets of Christ] shall say unto you: Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: Behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not; for as the light of the morning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west, and covereth the whole earth, so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be" (Joseph Smith—Matthew 1:24-26). When He comes again to earth He isn't coming as a little babe in the manger; He isn't going to appear somewhere out in the desert and claim that He is the Savior; He isn't going to come in some unlooked-for place like that. He is coming in a blaze of glory from out of the east, and He will bring with Him those who have been righteous, who have been worthy to enter into His presence; and those who are living upon the earth or in their graves who are righteous and who are worthy to come forth shall come forth to greet Him. A great and wonderful expectation! (71-26)

This is a day of deception of which the Master warned. He said one of the signs of His second coming would be that we would be in danger of being deceived. And then He said to His disciples, "Take heed that no man deceive you, for in those days, if it were possible, the very elect according to the covenant would be deceived" (see Joseph Smith—Matthew 1:5, 22). And, of course, "according to the covenant" means members of the Church of Jesus Christ. (64-05)

Avoid rumors about the Second Coming. One of the amazing phenomena of today among our people is their gullibility to seize upon rumors without identifying the source.

I was supposed to have said in setting apart a missionary that when he returned from his mission, Salt Lake City would be evacuated and be living out on the salt flats in tents. I have had a patriarchal blessing, so someone reports, that I would be President of the Church when the Savior would come. I was alleged to have said that some would be living when the Savior comes. Maybe we will, but I have not had the temerity to say it because the Lord said not even the angels would know of the time of His coming. He would come in a time which would be as a thief in the night. (See D&C 49:7; 1 Thessalonians 5:2.) (70-05)

Do not depend on the sensational to motivate you. "Anxiety can make us lazy," as someone said, laziness that results from coming to count on the sensational to spur us on rather than to respond to our routine duties. (70-05)"

(Harold B. Lee, The Teachings of Harold B. Lee, edited by Clyde J. Williams [Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1996], 401.)

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Weren't these "tribers" a little off course?
A hidden northern land, or even EdGoble's Armenia/Kurdistan theory, is nowhere near Mexico.

Maybe they were on vacation; perhaps some kind of world cruise. I'll let you all know if they show up in Yorkshire.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

"Spencer" was a false prophet.

I guess it's my turn for my personal experience to be shared.

When Visions of Glory came out I had a lot of friends and others recommend and it and I REALLY wanted to read it, but the Spirit said "No" very emphatically. So I did not. It was seriously not fun to hear all my friends talk about it and share bits and pieces and I was so curious. Also, awkward to say the Spirit told me not to when they all said the Spirit was so present in what they read.

After a good while my MIL, who is not a reader, told me I had to read it and lent me a copy. Now what? Not a relationship to be trifled with, right? She knows I love to read so no excuses except the truth. She still insisted so I took the book home, talked with my husband and prayed.

The answer I got was to read the book, but to stop as soon as the Spirit told me to and take it back with her and share my impressions.

Finally! Except, as I started reading red flags popped up all over. It's been a few years, but I didn't get very far into it at all. Theses are only some of the things the Spirit highlighted for me and I went back and told her, its been a while so please excuse fuzzy details:

1. The work was written anonymously. "Spencer" didn't share his true identity and we don't believe in wearing "masks" in the church.

2. He says a general authority or apostle (I forgot which) said he should share this. Again, no name, no authority. We don't do things like that secretly.

3. Now its getting fuzzy, but if I remember the angel he describes doesn't call him by name. Also there was something about hair color. Before you think "what has that got to do with it?" Joseph Smith in the History of the Church tells us to "try the spirits." He specifically mentions a false vision, an angel appearing "like an angel of light" unto a sister and that the false angels hair was not the right color.

4. Until you have read and studied everything the scriptures and prophets have said on the subject of the last days, there is no time to waste reading commentaries or books on the subject from others.

I can't remember the rest, but the phrase I was given to share was: "This is not from God."

I can tell you this is not a popular statement among most of my friends. They accept that I don't believe, but many still do. This is basically me saying "The Spirit said you are wrong. You didn't really feel the Spirit, but a false Spirit."

Uncomfortable to be sure, but there it is. My own experience with just that one book as an example. I have had many other witnesses since then.

The quote another poster used from Harold B. Lee, I just shared with a friend this morning. A friend who has a family member who left the church and was baptized in a popular splinter group, another family member who spent her life saving before a certain predicted date because money would be useless after that, and others who have apostatized in various ways. I would highly recommend you read the original talk because it addresses false visions, dreams, prophets, publications, finances being ruined, authority, splinter groups, etc. and applies to the many various publications out there now from Spencer to Julie Rowe to Hector Sosa to anonymous posts on comment boards.

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1973/01/admo ... d?lang=eng
Harold B. Lee
Admonitions for the Priesthood of God - Ensign Jan. 1973 - ensign
"There are two scriptures I would have you think of as applicable today as they were in the period following the advent of the Savior in the meridian of time in the post-apostolic period. In the Acts of the Apostles, the apostle Paul gave these charges to the elders of Israel. He said:
“Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God. …
“For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
“Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
” (Acts 20:28–30.)
And then the apostle Paul wrote to the Galatians:
“I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
“Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
“As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
“For … I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
“For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.” (Gal. 1:6–12.)
Today those warnings are just as applicable as they were in that day in which they were given.
There are some as wolves among us. By that, I mean some who profess membership in this church who are not sparing the flock. And among our own membership, men are arising speaking perverse things. Now perverse means diverting from the right or correct, and being obstinate in the wrong, willfully, in order to draw the weak and unwary members of the Church away after them.
And as the apostle Paul said, it is likewise a marvel to us today, as it was in that day, that some members are so soon removed from those who taught them the gospel and are removed from the true teachings of the gospel of Christ to be led astray into something that corrupts the true doctrines of the gospel of Christ into vicious and wicked practices and performances.
These, as have been evidenced by shocking events among some of these splinter groups, have been accursed, as the prophets warned; and they are obviously in the power of that evil one who feeds the gullible with all the sophistries which Satan has employed since the beginning of time.
I should like now to make reference to some of these. The first is the spread of rumor and gossip (we have mentioned this before) which, when once started, gains momentum as each telling becomes more fanciful, until unwittingly those who wish to dwell on the sensational repeat them in firesides, in classes, in Relief Society gatherings and priesthood quorum classes without first verifying the source before becoming a party to causing speculation and discussions that steal time away from the things that would be profitable and beneficial and enlightening to their souls.
Just an example: I understand that there is a widely circulated story that I was alleged to have had a patriarchal blessing (I don’t know whether any of you have heard about that) that had to do with the coming of the Savior and the ten tribes of Israel.
In the first place, a patriarchal blessing is a sacred document to the person who has received it and is never given for publication and, as all patriarchal blessings, should be kept as a private possession to the one who has received it.
And second, with reference to that which I was alleged to have had, suffice it to say that such a quotation is incorrect and without foundation in fact.
There is one thing that shocks me: I have learned, in some instances, that those who have heard of these rumors are disappointed when I tell them they are not so. They seem to have enjoyed believing a rumor without substance of fact. I would earnestly urge that no such idle gossip be spread abroad without making certain as to whether or not it is true.
The First Presidency in August 1913 issued a warning to the members of the Church which could bear repeating today. Let me read you a few things that were said then:
“To the officers and members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:
“From the days of Hiram Page (Doc. and Cov., Sec. 28) [D&C 28], at different periods there have been manifestations from delusive spirits to members of the Church. Sometimes these have come to men and women who because of transgression became easy prey to the Arch-Deceiver. At other times people who pride themselves on their strict observance of the rules and ordinances and ceremonies of the Church are led astray by false spirits, who exercise an influence so imitative of that which proceeds from at Divine source that even these persons, who think they are ‘the very elect,’ find it difficult to discern the essential difference. Satan himself has transformed himself to be apparently ‘an angel of light.’
“When visions, dreams, tongues, prophecy, impressions or an extraordinary gift or inspiration convey something out of harmony with the accepted revelations of the Church or contrary to the decisions of its constituted authorities, Latter-day Saints may know that it is not of God, no matter how plausible it may appear. Also, they should understand that directions for the guidance of the Church will come, by revelation, through the head. All faithful members are entitled to the inspiration of the Holy Spirit for themselves, their families, and for those over whom they are appointed and ordained to preside. But anything at discord with that which comes from God through the head of the Church is not to be received as authoritative or reliable. In secular as well as spiritual affairs, Saints may receive Divine guidance and revelation affecting themselves, but this does not convey authority to direct others, and is not to be accepted when contrary to Church covenants, doctrine or discipline, or to known facts, demonstrated truths, or good common sense. No person has the right to induce his fellow members of the Church to engage in speculations or take stock in ventures of any kind on the specious claim of Divine revelation or vision or dream, especially when it is in opposition to the voice of recognized authority, local or general. The Lord’s Church ‘is a house of order.’ It is not governed by individual gifts or manifestations, but by the order and power of the Holy Priesthood as sustained by the voice and vote of the Church in its appointed conferences.
“The history of the Church records many pretended revelations claimed by impostors or zealots who believed in the manifestations they sought to lead other persons to accept, and in every instance, disappointment, sorrow and disaster have resulted therefrom. Financial loss and sometimes utter ruin have followed.”
This is something that is recurring time and time again, and we call upon you holders of the priesthood to stamp out any such and to set to flight all such things as are creeping in, people rising up here and there who have had some “marvelous” kind of a manifestation, as they claim, and who try to lead the people in a course that has not been dictated from the heads of the Church.
As I say, it never ceases to amaze me how gullible some of our Church members are in broadcasting these sensational stories, or dreams, or visions, some alleged to have been given to Church leaders, past or present, supposedly from some person’s private diary, without first verifying the report with proper Church authorities.
If our people want to be safely guided during these troublous times of deceit and false rumors, they must follow their leaders and seek for the guidance of the Spirit of the Lord in order to avoid falling prey to clever manipulators who, with cunning sophistry, seek to draw attention and gain a following to serve their own notions and sometimes sinister motives.
The Lord has very plainly set forth a test by which anyone may challenge any and all who may come claiming, clandestinely, to have received some kind of priesthood authority. Now this is what the Lord said in the 42nd section of the Doctrine and Covenants, verse 11:
“Again, I say unto you, that it shall not be given to any one to go forth to preach my gospel, or to build up my church, except he be ordained by someone who has authority, and it is known to the church that he has authority and has been regularly ordained by the heads of the church.” [D&C 42:11]
Now, if one comes claiming that he has authority, ask him, “Where do you get your authority? Have you been ordained by someone who has authority, who is known to the Church, that you have authority and have been regularly ordained by the heads of the Church?” If the answer is no, you may know that he is an imposter. This is the test that our people should always apply when some imposter comes trying to lead them astray.
Now there is another danger that confronts us. There seem to be those among us who are as wolves among the flock, trying to lead some who are weak and unwary among Church members, according to reports that have reached us, who are taking the law into their own hands by refusing to pay their income tax because they have some political disagreement with constituted authorities.
Others have tried to marshal civilians, without police authority, and to arm themselves to battle against possible dangers, little realizing that in so doing they themselves become the ones who, by obstructing the constituted authority, would become subject to arrest and imprisonment.
We have even heard of someone claiming Church membership in protest against pornographic pictures being displayed in theaters, having planted bombs, and therefore becoming subject to punishment by the law and subsequently standing judgment before the disciplinary bodies of the Church.
While we must stand solidly behind those who are trying to stamp out the filthy and provocative display of so-called pornographic materials, we have but one answer to all those who thus take such radical measures, and this is the word of the Lord:
“Let no man think he is ruler; but let God rule him that judgeth, according to the counsel of his own will, or, in other words, him that counseleth or sitteth upon the judgment seat.
“Let no man break the laws of the land … until he reigns whose right it is to reign, and subdues all enemies under his feet.” (D&C 58:20–22.)
I want to warn this great body of priesthood against that great sin of Sodom and Gomorrah, which has been labeled as a sin second only in seriousness to the sin of murder. I speak of the sin of adultery, which, as you know, was the name used by the Master as he referred to unlicensed sexual sins of fornication as well as adultery; and besides this, the equally grievous sin of homosexuality, which seems to be gaining momentum with social acceptance in the Babylon of the world, of which Church members must not be a part.
While we are in the world, we must not be of the world. Any attempts being made by the schools or places of entertainment to flaunt sexual perversions, which can do nothing but excite to experimentation, must find among the priesthood in this church a vigorous and unrelenting defense through every lawful means that can be employed.
The common judges of Israel, our bishops and stake presidents, must not stand by and fail to apply disciplinary measures within their jurisdiction, as set forth plainly in the laws of the Lord and procedures as set forth in plain and simple instructions that cannot be misunderstood. Never must we allow supposed mercy to the unrepentant sinner to rob the justice upon which true repentance from sinful practices is predicated.
One more matter: There are among us many loose writings predicting the calamities which are about to overtake us. Some of these have been publicized as though they were necessary to wake up the world to the horrors about to overtake us. Many of these are from sources upon which there cannot be unquestioned reliance.
Are you priesthood bearers aware of the fact that we need no such publications to be forewarned, if we were only conversant with what the scriptures have already spoken to us in plainness?

Let me give you the sure word of prophecy on which you should rely for your guide instead of these strange sources which may have great political implications.
Read the 24th chapter of Matthew—particularly that inspired version as contained in the Pearl of Great Price. (JS—M 1.)
Then read the 45th section of the Doctrine and Covenants where the Lord, not man, has documented the signs of the times. [D&C 45]
Now turn to section 101 and section 133 of the Doctrine and Covenants and hear the step-by-step recounting of events leading up to the coming of the Savior. [D&C 101; D&C 133]
Finally, turn to the promises the Lord makes to those who keep the commandments when these judgments descend upon the wicked, as set forth in the Doctrine and Covenants, section 38. [D&C 38]
Brethren, these are some of the writings with which you should concern yourselves, rather than commentaries that may come from those whose information may not be the most reliable and whose motives may be subject to question. And may I say, parenthetically, most of such writers are not handicapped by having any authentic information on their writings.
As the Lord has admonished priesthood bearers from the beginning: “Wherefore, gird up your loins and be prepared. Behold, the kingdom is yours, and the enemy shall not overcome.
“Verily I say unto you, ye are clean, but not all; and there is none else with whom I am well pleased;
“For all flesh is corrupted before me; and the powers of darkness prevail upon the earth, among the children of men, in the presence of all the hosts of heaven—
“Which causeth silence to reign, and all eternity is pained. …” (D&C 38:9–12.)
Now brethren, I have spoken plainly to you in this priesthood session. Let what has been said by all the brethren tonight, and in this conference, not fall on deaf ears. Let these admonitions be received as the Lord directed they should be received, in an early revelation, to which President Tanner has already made reference, “as if from mine own mouth, in all patience and faith.” (D&C 21:5.)
Only by so doing can we be truly one as a body of priesthood, by following the leadership that the Lord has established in our day in order that we may be one. And he warns us if we are not one, we are not his, as he has declared in the Doctrine and Covenants."

In case you think the advice is too old, let me quote a favorite last days prophet on this board: Ezra Taft Benson

https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/ezra-taf ... -day-lord/

Prepare Yourselves for the Great Day of the Lord - BYU Speeches
Ezra Taft Benson April 14,1981

"Today, I speak to you about the times in which you live and about the quality of faith you will need to survive some of the difficulties yet to be experienced. I speak as one who loves you and has been given a responsibility, with my Brethren, “to testify and warn” about the impending crises facing mankind. I speak to you to the topic “Prepare yourselves for the great day of the Lord.”
I speak to you on this subject, for I feel it is needed because of rumors, writings, and tape recordings that have recently circulated among the Saints and that have created among some of our Church members a feeling of uncertainty. It calls to mind the counsel given by President Harold B. Lee:
There are among us many loose writings predicting the calamities which are about to overtake us. Some of these have been publicized as though they were necessary to wake up the world to the horrors about to overtake us. Many of these are from sources upon which there cannot be unquestioned reliance.
Are you . . . aware of the fact that we need no such publications to be forewarned, if we were only conversant with what the scriptures have already spoken to us in plainness? [“Admonitions for the Priesthood of God,” Ensign, January 1973, p. 106]
That is precisely the way the Brethren feel today. So, today, I shall quote liberally from the words of the Lord to our dispensation in order that you will have, from the Lord himself, guidance on future prophecy."

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Personally, my God is God.
I don't put my trust in any infallible men - no matter what peer pressure is put on me (though I admit, I haven't been held at gun-point.) ;)

I love some scripture- but some (like racial prejudice & other forms of cognitive distortion like bi-polar/all-or-nothing thinking) is wrong. Nephi & others, especially Jesus, warned against worshipping men (including writings of men - scripture).

Joseph Smith suggested to embrace truth whereever it's found and to discern good from bad in the scriptures! "See what portion belongs to you." This guy shares some things here - some of it I don't believe, but some portion I think is so true and I appreciate & admire him for sharing it. People need to know some things that few have the guts to point out because it's not socially acceptable. Jesus did that a lot - pointed out things that upset others but they needed to hear it - to grow to not be damned (held back).

None of us are perfect - not even scripture authors.
My motto for seeking and embracing truth: "take the best, leave the rest."

waialeale
captain of 10

Post by waialeale »

Wow, did not expect to see such a response. A lot of material given to defend various positions, tells a great deal where people are at. Think of sacred (and difficult to articulate) experiences in each of your own lives - would not some of the same responses received in this thread result if you were to do your best to articulate it and choose to publish it? I do not believe that it was the intention of the writer to rile anyone up or pose as any kind of authority on any thing in or out of "the church" or to prove anything to anybody. Those who take offence please know that no offence was intended. It was simply a genuine sharing light and knowledge of a perhaps a way too personal experience. Beliefs are only perspectives and who is to say any perspective is right or wrong? It is just a perspective. I am reminded by a teaching found in the kolbrin new testament where Jesus says something to the effect of, "do not say this (anything) is true or false, only say that it (anything) is true or false according to this or that". I know my friend is not someone who tells lies or fabricates sensational things as accused of, yet I understand the speculation because none of you know him and this is an internet fourm after all and not a general conference address.

waialeale
captain of 10

Post by waialeale »

I found this gathered information online about the lost ten tribes really useful:

Where are the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel?

Orson F. Whitney ; " It is maintained by some that the Lost Tribes of Israel, —those carried into captivity about 725 B.C. ....are no longer a distinct people; that they exist only in a scattered condition, mixed with the nations among which they were taken by their captors, the conquering Assyrians.’ "If this be true , and those tribes were not intact at the time Joseph and Oliver received the keys of the gathering, why did they make so pointed a reference to ‘the leading of the Ten Tribes from the land of the north?’ This, too, after a general allusion to ‘the gathering of Israel from the four parts of the earth.’ What need to particularize as to the Ten Tribes , if they were no longer a distinct people? And why do our Articles of Faith give those Tribes a special mention?"

10. We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of
the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the
American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and,
that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory. Articles of Faith, verse 10.

James E. Talmage; In his book Articles of Faith, page 340, "—it is plain that, while many of those belonging to the ten tribes were diffused among the nations, a sufficient number to justify the retention of the original name were led away as a body, and are now in existence some place where the Lord has hidden them’.

1.Juvenile Instructor Vol. 27, page 344 Bathsheba W. Smith, born May 3, 1822 , wife of President George A. Smith in her " Recollections of the Prophet Joseph Smith", published in the Juvenile Instructor for June 1,1892 is the following: I heard him say "Peradventure, the Ten Tribes were not on this globe, but a portion of this earth cleaved off with them, went flying into space, and when the earth reels to and fro like a drunken man, and the stars from heaven fall, it would join on again.’"

2.Millennial Star, Vol. 1, No. 10, Parley P. Pratt in answer to questions from Joseph Fielding: (Rev. 6:13, "And the stars of heaven shall fall unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.")

" How can the stars fall from heaven to the earth when they (as far as we know) are much larger than the earth?

"We are not here given to understand that all the stars will fall, or even many of them: but only as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs when she is shaken by the wind. The stars which will fall to the earth are fragments which have been broken off from the earth from time to time in the mighty convulsions of nature;----some in the days of Enoch;----some in the days of Peleg;----some with the Ten Tribes; and some with the death of Christ. These must all be restored again at the time of the restitution of all things."

"This will restore the Ten Tribes of Israel."

3.The Young Woman’s Journal, Vol. 3, No. 6, for march 1892. O. B. Huntington, Intimate associate of the Prophet Joseph, and an early day Patriarch of Springville, mentioned that the earth had two wings and drew them as semi-circles giving the earth the appearance of having polar elongations.

4.A Key To This Earth, by Matthew W. Dalton, 1906, Another intimate friend, and onetime bodyguard of the Prophet Joseph Smith, the Hon. Philo Dibble of Springville, Utah, is said to have received a diagram from the Prophet in 1842, which indicated the arrangement of this earth as a triple planet, at the time when the Ten Tribes were directed to the northern sphere.

5.Interview of Homer Brown of the Forest Dale ward, Granite Stake, grandson of Benjamin Brown answered these questions. "Brother Brown, can you give us some light and explanation of the fifth verse, page 386, of the Hymn Book, (HYMN No. 323, ENOCH, little pocket Hymn Book 1905), which speaks of the Ten Tribes of Israel on part of the earth which now forms another planet, according to the composer, Eliza R. Snow?" "Yes, sir, I think I can.–I think I can answer that question. Sister Eliza R. Snow, when visiting my grand parents, was asked by my grandmother: ‘Eliza, where did you get your idea about the Ten Lost Tribes being taken as you explained in your hymn on page 386 of the Hymn Book?’ She answered as follows, ‘Why, my husband , the Prophet Joseph told me about it.’"

"Have you any other information, Brother Brown, that your grandfather ever gave you as contained in any conversation with the Prophet Joseph?"

"Yes I have. —One evening in Nauvoo, just after dark, somebody rapped at my grandfather’s door very vigorously. Grandfather was reading the Doctrine and Covenants, which he laid aside, arose hastily, and answered the door. There he met the Prophet Joseph Smith who said, ‘Brother Brown, can you keep me over night ? The mobs are after me.’

"Grandfather answered, ‘Yes sir. It will not be the first time. Come in.’

" ‘All right, ‘said the Prophet, shutting the door quickly. He came in and sat down."

"Grandmother said, ‘Brother Joseph, have you had your supper?’

" ‘No,’ he answered, ‘I have not.’ So she prepared a meal for him , and he ate it."

"Afterwards, they conversed relative to the principles of the Gospel, and during the conversation the Ten Tribes were mentioned. Grandfather said, where are the Ten Tribes?’

"He answered, come to the door and I will show you. Come on, Sister Brown, I want you both to see.’

"It being a starlight night, the Prophet said, ‘Brother Brown, can you show me the Polar Star?’

"Yes sir,’ he said , pointing to the North Star. ‘There it is.’

" ‘Yes I know , ‘said the Prophet, ‘but which one?’

"Then grandfather said, ‘Can you see the points of the Great Dipper?’

"The Prophet said, ‘Yes.’

" ‘Well, trace the pointers pointing up to the largest star. That is the North Star’

" ‘You are correct,’ the Prophet replied. ‘Now, do you discern a little twinkler to the right and below the Polar Star, which appears to be about 20 feet apart from here?’

"Grandfather answered, ‘Yes, sir.’

The Prophet said, ‘Sister Brown, do you see that star also?’

"She answered, ‘Yes, sir.’

"After entering the house, the Prophet said, ‘Brother Brown, I noticed when I came in that you were reading the Doctrine and Covenants. Will you kindly get it?’ He did so, and the Prophet turned to what is now the 133rd Section, and commencing at the 26th verse, read to the 34th verse.

26 And they who are in the north countries shall come in remembrance before the Lord; and their prophets shall hear his voice, and shall no longer stay themselves; and they shall smite the rocks, and the ice shall flow down at their presence.

27 And an highway shall be cast up in the midst of the great deep.

28 Their enemies shall become a prey unto them,

29 And in the barren deserts there shall come forth pools of living water; and the parched ground shall no longer be a thirsty land.

30 And they shall bring forth their rich treasures unto the children of Ephraim, my servants.

31 And the boundaries of the everlasting hills shall tremble at their presence.

After reading the 31st verse, he said, ‘Now let me ask you: What would cause the everlasting hills to tremble with more violence than the coming together of the two planets? That planet on which they reside will return to this earth!’

" ‘Now what would cause the mountains of ice to melt quicker than the heat caused by the friction of two planets coming together? Did you ever see a meteor that was not red hot? So, you see, that would cause the mountains of ice to melt.’

" ‘And relative to the Great Highway that should be cast up; when that planet returns to its place in the great northern waters, it will form a highway, and the waters will recede and roll back. Now, as to their coming back from the northern waters,’ he continued, ‘they will return from the North, because this planet will return from the northern place from whence it was taken.

" ‘Relative to the waters rolling back to the North: If you take a vessel of water and swing it rapidly around your head, you won’t spill any. But if you stop the motion gradually, it will begin to pour out. Now, Brother Brown, at the present time this earth is rotating very rapidly. When this planet returns, it will make the earth that much heavier, and it will revolve slower, which will cause the waters to continue eastward rapidly.’ "

"Did the Prophet ever tell your grandfather about the City of Enoch being taken from the earth?"

"Yes he did. He said that Enoch and his people kept so faithfully the laws of the Lord, that they were translated. ----Not only Enoch and his people, but the Great City wherein they dwelt. Grandfather asked the Prophet, ‘Brother Joseph where was the City of Enoch located?’

"The Prophet answered, ‘Where the Gulf of Mexico now is.’ And he said, ‘The time will come when the mariner will say there is no bottom to the Gulf of Mexico. ----When that great piece of land was taken from the earth, it created a vacuum to the extent that it started a current that is now known as the Gulf Stream.’

" ‘Then he added, ‘In consequence of this great portion being taken away, it naturally threw the earth out of balance. Now when it comes back, and also the planet on which the Lost Tribes are, the earth will receive its equilibrium and revolve as it naturally was in the very beginning.’

" ‘then , Brother Brown, this will fulfill the saying of the Prophet Jeremiah, chapter 16:14-15, "Therefore a day cometh, saith the Lord, that it shall no more be said, The Lord liveth , that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from the lands whither he had driven them; and I will bring them again unto their land that I gave unto their fathers."----Also the saying of the Prophet Nephi: And it shall come to pass that the Jews shall have the words of the Nephites, and the Nephites shall have the words of the Jews; and the Nephites and the Jews shall have the words of the Lost Tribes of Israel shall have the words of the Nephites and the Jews.’ "

"Brother Call, you have heard the statements of Patriarch Brown concerning the Ten Tribes of Israel being upon another planet besides this earth. Can you give us any corroborative evidence of this statement as made by Brother Brown from any of your recollections that as a boy you were told by your father or others?"

"Yes, my father, Anson Call, was a particular friend of the Prophet Joseph. I have heard him say on a number of occasions that the Prophet Joseph told him in company with others, that the Ten Tribes of Israel were on a portion of this earth that had been taken away."

-----Attested:

Homer Brown

Israel Call

6.Journal of Discourses, Vol. 16, page 325-6 Orson Pratt, ----we find that there is to be a great work among the nations —which will probably take place in the morning of the seventh thousand years. The Ten Tribes will have to come forth, and come to this land, to be crowned with glory in the midst of Zion, by the hands of the servants of God, even the Children of Ephraim;-----

7.Journal of Discourses, Vol. 18, page 68, by Orson Pratt "I do not know how much will happen before the Ten Tribes will come from the north; but after Zion is built in Jackson County and after the temple is built upon the spot of ground where the corner stone was laid in 1831 ; after the glory of God in the form of a cloud by day shall rest upon the temple; and by night , the shining of a flaming fire will fill the whole heavens round about ; after every dwelling place upon mount Zion shall be clothed with a pillar of fire by night, and a cloud by day, about that period of time, the Ten Tribes will be heard of, away in the north, a great company, coming down from the northern regions, coming to sing in the height of the latter day Zion. -----

8.Book of Mormon, 3rd Nephi, Chapter16, 1-4;

"And verily, verily, I say unto you that I have other sheep, which are not of this land, neither of the land of Jerusalem, neither in any parts of that land round about whither I have been to minister.

For they of whom I speak are they who have not as yet heard my voice; neither have I at any time manifested myself unto them.

But I have received a commandment of the Father that I shall go unto them, and that they shall hear my voice, and shall be numbered among my sheep, that there shall be one fold and one shepherd; therefore I go to show myself unto them.

And I command you that ye shall write these sayings after I am gone, that if it so be that my people at Jerusalem, they who have seen me and been with me in my ministry, do not ask the Father in my name, that they may receive a knowledge of you by the Holy Ghost, and also of the other tribes whom they know not of, that these sayings which ye shall write shall be kept and shall be manifested unto the Gentiles, that through the fullness of the Gentiles , the remnant of their seed, who shall be scattered forth upon the face of the earth because of their unbelief, may be brought in, or may be brought to a knowledge of me, their Redeemer."

9. Book of Mormon,2nd Nephi, Chapter 29, 12 and 13. "For behold, I shall speak unto the Jews and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the Nephites and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the other tribes of the house of Israel, which I have led away, and they shall write it ; and I shall also speak unto all nations of the earth and they shall write it.

And it shall come to pass the Jews shall have the words of the Nephites, and the Nephites shall have the words of the Jews; and the Nephites and the Jews shall have the words of the lost tribes of Israel; and the lost tribes of Israel shall have the words of the Nephites and the Jews."

10. Articles Of Faith, No. 10; We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes;---.

11. Book of Mormon, 3rd Nephi, Chapter 15, verses15-17, "—other tribes of the house of Israel, whom the Father hath led away out of the land.-------That other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring,----".

12. Journal of Discourses , Volume 18, page 25; by Orson Pratt, "Having spoken concerning the gathering of the ten tribes, I will refer again to their Prophets. ‘Their Prophets shall hear his voice." Do not think that we are the only people who will have Prophets. God is determined to raise up Prophets among that people, but he will not bestow upon them all the fulness of the blessings of the Priesthood. The fulness will be reserved to be given to them after they come to Zion. But Prophets will be among them while in the north, and a portion of the Priesthood will be there; and John the Revelator will be there , teaching, instructing, and preparing them for this great work;’

13.Journal of Discourses, Volume 18, page 68; By Orson Pratt, "—the Ten Tribes will be heard of, away in the north, a great company, coming down from the northern regions—‘

14.Millennial Star, March 1867, By Orson Pratt, "—But this (2500 miles from where they started ) could not be a year and a half’s journey: Indeed, it would be an average of five miles a day. From many intimations of ancient prophecy they evidently had a highway made for them and were led to a land in the neighborhood of the north pole. This region would be about 4,000 miles from their Assyrian residence and could be traveled in eighteen months at an average of a little less than eight miles a day."

15.The Way to Perfection, 1940 Joseph F. Smith, " The Ten Tribes were taken by force out of the land the Lord gave them. Many of them mixed with the peoples among whom they were scattered. A large portion, however, departed in one body to the north, and disappeared from the rest of the world........that they will return in a body, must be believed, else how shall the scriptures be fulfilled? There are to many prophecies concerning them and their return in a body to ignore the fact."

16.Journal of Discourses, Volume 7, pages 285-286, by Brigham Young, "It is no more difficult to transfer the Ten Tribes from this earth to another planet, than it is to take the city of Enoch from this earth, or bring Adam and Eve from another planet."

17.Millennial Star, Volume 29, page 201, by Orson Pratt, "The Ten Tribes cannot be among any of the known nations; for there is no one who is able to identify them; and there are no people who even profess or claim to be of such origin.------That they were not only to preserve their existence, but also their nationality, and were to return with a full knowledge of their Israelitish origin; and what is still more wonderful, they are not to be so amalgamated as to lose all distinction of tribes, but each family will know the particular tribe to which it belongs; and thus the whole nation will be able to classify themselves into ten distinct divisions, and each division according to the prophet Ezekiel, will receive their inheritance within the boundaries described in his prophecy.’

18.Millennial Star, Volume 28, pages 417-419, Orson Pratt, " The prophet Mormon, the father of Moroni, had been trusted with all sacred records of his forefathers, engraved on metallic plates. New plates were made by Mormon, on which he wrote, from the more ancient books, an abridged history of the nation, incorporating therewith many revelations, prophecies, the Gospel, etc.. These new plates were given to Moroni on which to finish the history. All of the ancient plates Mormon deposited in Cumorah, about three hundred and eighty four years after Christ. When Moroni, about thirty six years after, made the deposit of the book entrusted to him, he was, without a doubt, inspired to select a department of the hill separate from the numerous volumes hid up by his father. The particular place on the hill, where Moroni secreted his book, was revealed by the angel Moroni to the Prophet Joseph Smith, to whom the volume was delivered in September, A.D. 1827. But the grand depository of all of the numerous records of the ancient nations of the western continent was located in another department of the hill, and its contents under the charge of Holy Angels, until the day should come for them to be transferred to the sacred temple of Zion."

19. Messenger and Advocate, Vol II : 2 : 210 : 1 "It has been said by many of the learned, and wise men, or historians, that the Indians, or aborigines of this continent, are of the scattered tribes of Israel. It has been conjectured by many others, that the aborigines of this continent, are not of the tribes of Israel; but the ten tribes have been led away into some unknown regions of the north. Let this be as it may, the prophesy I have just quoted, "will fetch them" in the last days, and place them, in the land which their fathers possessed: and you will find in the 7th verse of the 30th chapter quoted:__ [Deut. 30:7] "And the Lord thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee."

20.Messenger and Advocate, Vol II : October, 1835, "It appears that the long anticipated coming of the Ten Tribes from the north will take place shortly after or possibly before Zion has been sanctified and the Lord has come to the Temple. Oliver Cowdery stated that the Angel Moroni instructed the Prophet Joseph Smith that after the Church shall be sanctified and receive an inheritance where the glory of God shall rest upon them-----and all things are prepared, the Ten Tribes of Israel will be revealed in the north country whither they have been for a long season."

21.New Jerusalem, by Orson Pratt, pg. 33 , and pages 45 and 46, "Even the house of Israel, or the Ten Tribes, will not return to Jerusalem and permanently inherit the land until the house of Judah have been gathered together, and well scourged by the nations who will gather against them. But instead of going to Jerusalem to be scourged and chastened with the Jews, they will first come to Zion."-----" Here it shall be seen that the house of Israel will be in a very different condition from the Jews. The Ten Tribes will believe in Christ, so much so, that he will lead them, while on their return from the north country and they will come and sing in the height of Zion, and they will not sorrow any more at all; whereas the Jews will have no such favors shown unto them on their return from the nations, but will have great distress and sorrow and mourning, after they get back to Jerusalem. The Ten Tribes are redeemed from their afflictions before the Jews, consequently they come first to Zion among the redeemed Saints, and partake with them in all the glory of Zion, until the Jews and Jerusalem shall also be redeemed, when they shall return to Jerusalem and receive their inheritance in the land of Palestine according to the divisions of that land in Ezekial’s prophecy, and become one nation with the Jews, in the land upon the mountains of Israel."

22. Jeremiah Chapter 31, verses 7-14 , " For thus saith the Lord; Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations; publish ye, praise ye, and say , O Lord, save thy people, the remnant of Israel. Behold I will bring them from the north country, and gather them from the coasts of the earth, and with them the blind and the lame, the woman with child and her that travaileth with child together; a great company shall return thither. They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them; I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble; for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn. Hear the word of the Lord , O ye nations , and declare it in the isles afar off, and say He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock. For the Lord has redeemed Jacob, and ransomed him from the hand of him that was stronger than he. Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion, and shall flow together to the goodness of the Lord, for wheat, and for wine, and for oil, and for the young of the flock and of the herd; and their soul shall be as a watered garden; and they shall not sorrow anymore at all. Then shall the virgin rejoice in the dance, both young men and old together; for I will turn their mourning into joy, and will comfort them, and make them rejoice from their sorrow. And I will satiate the soul of the priests with fatness, and my people shall be satisfied with my goodness , saith the Lord."

23.Ezekiel chapter 48, verses 21-23, "So shall ye divide this land unto you according to the tribes of Israel. And it shall come to pass, that ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto you, and to the strangers that sojourn among you, which shall beget children among you, and they shall be unto you as born in the country among the children of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel

waialeale
captain of 10

Post by waialeale »

I found this account several years ago and always found it interesting also:

Tim Grossnickle, a seminary instructor in Oregon, learned from his father, the Stake
Patriarch, that an acquaintance of theirs had a close encounter many years before.
After learning all that he could from his father about the incident, Tim interviewed

Udo Wartena about the encounter while on the temple trip bus from Portland to
Oakland, California, before Udo's death just a few years ago. Tim relates the pertinent
portions of the interview from memory as follows:

Tim: Do you remember talking to my father about your experience while mining for
gold in the remote regions of Northern Idaho in the 1920s?

Udo: Yes. Your father was the first person I ever told about it.

Tim: That was some time in the late 1960s. Why did you wait so long to share your
experience?

Udo: Who would believe what I experienced? Over the years I read some of the other
accounts in the newspapers and magazines and realized that some of the same things
happened to others. But some of them told of strange looking creatures. I doubted
them, because the people on the UFO that I saw were just like us, and very nice
chaps.

Tim: What actually happened? How did you know the ship had landed?

Udo: My mine shaft was nearly vertical and was over 30 feet deep in the ground. I
had built up a sluice stream nearby to wash out the gold. I heard something like a big
truck, or like a jet engine, but this was before the time when I had ever heard such a
sound. I came up my shaft to look, and in the meadow was a saucer shaped craft
supported on legs.
A man was pulling down a hose to draw water from my stream. I did not feel the least
bit of fear and I walked toward the man. He came and shook my hand, apologizing
that they had not known that I was in the area. It was not their custom to interrupt or
allow themselves to be seen. "Why not take water from the lake," I asked. "This water
is more pure and free from algae," he answered, and invited me to see his ship.
He was such a pleasant fellow. I asked his age-he was quite handsome and youthful,
appearing to be middle-aged. His companion on board looked slightly older, but was
also in very good health. They answered that one was about six hundred years old as
we measured time, and the other was over nine hundred years old. They knew over
five hundred languages and were learning ours, and improving upon them all the
time.
They had come here "to monitor the progression and retrogression of our societies," he
explained. They live among us from time to time.
I asked if they knew of Jesus Christ, and if they held the Priesthood. "We would
like to speak of these things," he responded, "but are unable. We cannot interfere
in any way."
"Where did you come from;' I asked. "We live on a distant planet," he replied, giving
its name and pointing in its direction.
The love, or comfort I felt in these men's presence was remarkable. I was invited to
be examined with an "x-ray-like" machine, which when passed over me could
record what impurities were in my system.
The ship was propelled with two rings or disks about three feet wide and a few
inches thick, which circled the inside perimeter of the ship next to "battery/
transformer-like" units all around the outer wall. Rods separated the disks (turned
by motors), causing the disks to move in opposite directions. A force was generated
which overcame the gravitational pull of the Earth, or any other planet they were
on. They focused on a distant star and used its energy to draw them through space
at speeds greater than the speed of light. My host specifically mentioned "skipping
upon the light waves."
They invited me to accompany them on their journey, but I declined — I was driving
to Portland the next day for my wedding. I didn't want to leave them though.
Upon leaving the ship and standing by a rock some distance away, I heard the same
loud noise as before as the craft lifted, rotated with sort of a wobble, brought up the
landing gear, and began to rise slowly. It went faster as it rose until it disappeared at
great speed. An energy had permeated the area and I lost all my strength for some
hours. I was unable to walk. When my strength finally returned I walked back to the
base camp.
When I arrived at camp no one else mentioned the craft-I never mentioned it to
anyone of them. A young man came up missing from his claim, however. Nothing there
had been disturbed — he was just gone without a trace. I was never sure if it had
anything to do with my experience or not.

Udo returned annually to the mine for a few years following the incident, but never
saw the craft or its occupants after that. He related that he always wished that he could
have seen them again. Udo was so reluctant to speak of the incident that nearly five
decades passed before he shared it with his wife-only after discussing it with his own
Patriarch. Tim Grossnickle describes Udo as a shy, pleasant, Scandinavian immigrant
— a carpenter by trade. He trusts the word of this High Priest and reports that Udo
related this account to his father in a "humble and matter-of-fact way, having a
relationship of friendship and trust with him."

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

waialeale wrote: July 13th, 2017, 4:32 pm Wow, did not expect to see such a response. A lot of material given to defend various positions, tells a great deal where people are at. The many responses and defenses come from terrible experiences with false prophecy and prophets. Such things are not, nor should they be, taken lightly here. Think of sacred (and difficult to articulate) experiences in each of your own lives - would not some of the same responses received in this thread result if you were to do your best to articulate it and choose to publish it? Again, I think many of us would agree with Joseph Smith and not share such sacred things, if they were real, on an Internet forum in the first place. I do not believe that it was the intention of the writer to rile anyone up or pose as any kind of authority on any thing in or out of "the church" or to prove anything to anybody. Those who take offence please know that no offence was intended. It was simply a genuine sharing light and knowledge of a perhaps a way too personal experience. Beliefs are only perspectives and who is to say any perspective is right or wrong? It is just a perspective. I am reminded by a teaching found in the kolbrin new testament where Jesus says something to the effect of, "do not say this (anything) is true or false, only say that it (anything) is true or false according to this or that". Your philosophy on "perspectives" and the quote from a Bible translation I have never heard of sound like moral relativism, definitely opposed to the gospel and absolute truth. Right and wrong are not based on situational ethics, but moral absolutes.I know my friend is not someone who tells lies or fabricates sensational things as accused of, yet I understand the speculation because none of you know him and this is an internet fourm after all and not a general conference address.
I appreciate that you are new here. I've only been posting a few months myself. I don't think anyone wants to be harsh or unwelcoming. There are some topics more than others that will probably get a pretty swift response here and your first post was a doozy. I hope you'll stick around and let us get to know us better.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

waialeale wrote: July 13th, 2017, 4:32 pm Wow, did not expect to see such a response. A lot of material given to defend various positions, tells a great deal where people are at. Think of sacred (and difficult to articulate) experiences in each of your own lives - would not some of the same responses received in this thread result if you were to do your best to articulate it and choose to publish it? I do not believe that it was the intention of the writer to rile anyone up or pose as any kind of authority on any thing in or out of "the church" or to prove anything to anybody. Those who take offence please know that no offence was intended. It was simply a genuine sharing light and knowledge of a perhaps a way too personal experience. Beliefs are only perspectives and who is to say any perspective is right or wrong? It is just a perspective. I am reminded by a teaching found in the kolbrin new testament where Jesus says something to the effect of, "do not say this (anything) is true or false, only say that it (anything) is true or false according to this or that". I know my friend is not someone who tells lies or fabricates sensational things as accused of, yet I understand the speculation because none of you know him and this is an internet fourm after all and not a general conference address.
Yes welcome to the forum, where you will get a VARIED amount of responses on many topics under the sun AND in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Not everyone agrees on everything. I thought it was a very interesting experience you shared, and many things felt right. But like Michelle stated talking about her experience with "Visions of Glory", as soon as you mentioned "Spencer" I balked. I concur with Michelle, that Visions of Glory had me throwing up red flags all over the place and left me filling empty. (It did as well for my husband and oldest son) Bringing up "Spencer" just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. To each it's own though, that is just me. Don't be upset, take it too personal or give up on the forum too quickly. Lots of good stuff here on the forum. I have had some great laughs, amazing amounts of thought provoking pondering's and yes even some "I want to slap some upside the head" feelings. LDSFF has become my guilty pleasure "Facebook".

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

kittycat51 wrote: July 14th, 2017, 10:20 amand yes even some "I want to slap some[one] upside the head" feelings.
Lord, is it I?

waialeale
captain of 10

Post by waialeale »

Thank you for the input. President Packer did say that the Lord does not reveal things to blabber mouths, but then again mistakes do get made. Never have met Spencer and certainly do not agree with a great deal in his book was only using an analogy as someone who's name was leaked who wanted to remain anonymous which is not a bad thing at all. One of Harold B. Lee's points in bold to justify not believing my friends experience said at the end of it something to the effect of "that they may draw followers" , that simply isn't true about my friend! Starting to wonder if I should remove the account from the board similar to that person who's near death experience I was excited to read about on another topic but found he removed it. Is there actually anyone here who does not believe that we are in the winding up scenes and that 1-15 years from now won't see many significant changes?? I am pleased however to see that there does not seem to be petty trolling here, all of the responses even against this experience being genuine have been sincere and well thought out. I have studied the restored Gospel sincerely for decades and have learned that you can basically take anything anyone in leadership has said and find other statements with other perspectives on it sometimes in opposition to the original statements. One example was President Nielson's remarks about "unconditional love" which prior to that and after one can find dozens of teachings completely 180 to that from many leaders. Anyway. Ps
Thought came to me last night I wanted to share, "God knows more about anything than you know about everything!"

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Silver wrote: July 14th, 2017, 10:33 am
kittycat51 wrote: July 14th, 2017, 10:20 amand yes even some "I want to slap some[one] upside the head" feelings.
Lord, is it I?
Sometimes :ymblushing: (very seldom :)) )

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

waialeale wrote: July 14th, 2017, 12:35 pm Thank you for the input. President Packer did say that the Lord does not reveal things to blabber mouths, but then again mistakes do get made. Never have met Spencer and certainly do not agree with a great deal in his book was only using an analogy as someone who's name was leaked who wanted to remain anonymous which is not a bad thing at all. One of Harold B. Lee's points in bold to justify not believing my friends experience said at the end of it something to the effect of "that they may draw followers" , that simply isn't true about my friend! Starting to wonder if I should remove the account from the board similar to that person who's near death experience I was excited to read about on another topic but found he removed it. Is there actually anyone here who does not believe that we are in the winding up scenes and that 1-15 years from now won't see many significant changes?? I am pleased however to see that there does not seem to be petty trolling here, all of the responses even against this experience being genuine have been sincere and well thought out. I have studied the restored Gospel sincerely for decades and have learned that you can basically take anything anyone in leadership has said and find other statements with other perspectives on it sometimes in opposition to the original statements. One example was President Nielson's remarks about "unconditional love" which prior to that and after one can find dozens of teachings completely 180 to that from many leaders. Anyway. Ps
Thought came to me last night I wanted to share, "God knows more about anything than you know about everything!"
Many of us here do believe that we are less than 15 years away...other than Z2100 :D (aka Zion 2100)

Thanks for your clarification on Spencer!