Songs of worship and praise

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Songs of worship and praise

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Been a while. Thought I'd share some more Jeremy Camp.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Sing Hallelujah!

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

I like the hymn O My Father - especially the verse that mentions Heavenly Mother.
I recently read how ancient Christian times, the Holy Ghost was “represented by the bird of Astarte, the dove, was called Sophia and thought of as feminine.” Isn’t that not just logical (Father, Mother, Child), but also awesome?! CJung continued, “The worshipnof Mary in the later church is an obvious substitute for this.”

So, as I listened to “Ave Maria,” I thought of that...
https://youtu.be/aQVz6vuNq7s

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Lyster
captain of 100

Post by Lyster »

I'll put a plug in for a friend of mine. He did the regular music route for a bit. They always tried to "dirty him up" and he wouldn't. Now, happily, he gets to sing things like this.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

I had a dream where I created my own church to lead a crusade against the middle east.
I didn't have a cool hat but i did dress everyone like Knights Templar and we did burn a lot of places.
That song was in the dream (though hilariously isn't about the crusades, people still post Deus Vult in the comments).

ahmedcrow
captain of 1,000

Post by ahmedcrow »

Sirocco wrote: April 9th, 2018, 9:21 am I had a dream where I created my own church to lead a crusade against the middle east.
I didn't have a cool hat but i did dress everyone like Knights Templar and we did burn a lot of places.
That song was in the dream (though hilariously isn't about the crusades, people still post Deus Vult in the comments).
If you saw that, I think it would be a dangerous dream, some old religious and unsure (not be proved 100%) texts I read about end of days in Arabic said that there're problems will start between Romans and Arabs, and Romans will kill every Arabian person in their countries, and war will be, and after some time Israel will be in real dangerous 'cause if Arabs rule they will destroy Israel and it will be at the end of this life, this's a brief information, the incomplete knowledge make big misunderstanding and big problems, so beware of that.

And remember that's not good thing when a God word fight another God word.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Yeah I more thought the dream was related to a show I was watching (and fell asleep soon after seeing) and my own dislike of Islam, I don't personally think my dreams mean anything nor do I feel God is telling me to amass Christians to retake Jerusalem lol.

ahmedcrow
captain of 1,000

Post by ahmedcrow »

Sirocco wrote: April 9th, 2018, 1:36 pm Yeah I more thought the dream was related to a show I was watching (and fell asleep soon after seeing) and my own dislike of Islam, I don't personally think my dreams mean anything nor do I feel God is telling me to amass Christians to retake Jerusalem lol.
I've read many important things but I don't expect that I'll need to use 'em one time, I read once in book of Mormon that man must care in visions he's seeing even silly or unimportant ones he think, 'cause they're messages from God, I think Gospel particularly is alive book and can make people see many things and visions too and with unexpected ways too, so may be your vision has a proper interruption, may be a new thing or group under building with new understanding for word of God and they'll destroy some of the absent enemies works.

It wasn't bad dream, it may has sense and meaning.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Yes but I am not a prophet or any such thing.
If God were to deliver a really important message I can think of like, 15 people (and then some) who might be ahead of me for that lol

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Lyster wrote: April 9th, 2018, 9:05 am I'll put a plug in for a friend of mine...
What a beautiful song, thank you for sharing it!

Here's another song that I have grown to really appreciate. I am liking this band more and more:
This song doesn't mean what I originally thought it meant. It's a much more powerful message and a reminder that, although we like to take credit for all kinds of things, it is God who gives the increase. For example, you can buy and plant a seed, but it was God who created it, who causes it to germinate, who shines the sun and sends the rain and brings forth the fruit for all to enjoy.

ahmedcrow
captain of 1,000

Post by ahmedcrow »

Sirocco wrote: April 9th, 2018, 2:28 pm Yes but I am not a prophet or any such thing.
If God were to deliver a really important message I can think of like, 15 people (and then some) who might be ahead of me for that lol
I didn't read ever that prophets only are who can see visions, animals can see dreams, I think, you're important to God more than animals. Dreams aren't necessary to be messages that you must tell, think about 'em as information or comforting from heaven to you. You can tell a vision that you think it's important and has information for others.

Care in your relation with Jesus, accept him with your deep heart and read Gospel and hope good things and I think Gospel will give you and make you happy in your life. I saw vision that said that who accept Jesus and read Gospel will have gifts even if those people haven't special things in themselves, they will have.

I think the relation with Jesus and Gospel is the key, and it must work somehow.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

There is a crack in the door filled with light and it's all that I need to get by.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

I think this is a very good thing to share what moves each other spiritually and from the heart!

We sang this song at our Passover Sadar this year.

Shalom

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Here is one of the most beautifully worded songs from the heart...

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Ma Navu is 'How Beautiful' in Hebrew. Joseph spelled it NAUVOO.

Shalom

KerriM
captain of 50

Post by KerriM »

My brother shared the song, “Even If” with my family recently (we share things like this now via email or text, and it’s so fun). Anyways, he also sent a general conference talk that he said went along with it: April 2004 “But if Not”. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... t?lang=eng
I’ve been thinking about these two phrases a lot lately. “But if Not” and “Even If”

If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not...

I am sharing this version of “Even If” because it makes me feel like we have more in common with are main stream Christian brothers than we realize sometimes. This version is longer because he shares some of his own insights and how the song was written because of a bad day.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Nuns.gif
Nuns.gif (987.79 KiB) Viewed 4649 times

KerriM
captain of 50

Post by KerriM »

Here’s another song and I have found two versions. I like them both. The lyrics change a little between the two. One version by Phillips, Craig & Dean speaks about Forgiveness for the sinner. The other version by Danny Gokey, makes me think that it is for the down trodden and for the sinned against. I have been thinking how we are both the sinner and the sinned against at one time or another, and how both sides need Jesus Christ.

It’s very lyrical, and I could listen to the piano play this song without the words, and still be mesmerized. The words are really amazing. Both versions.

Daney Gokey’s - Tell Your Heart To Beat Again. I love the added story with this.
Phillips, Craig and Dean - Tell Your Heart To Beat Again