Notes on "Ezra's Eagle" Prophecy

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Talon65
captain of 10

Notes on "Ezra's Eagle" Prophecy

Post by Talon65 »

Regarding the prophecy found in 2 Esedras (aka. "Ezra's Eagle" outlined in chapter 2 of the book found here: http://thelost10tribes.com/

I've been trying to understand it better,
so, I made some notes to help me along, thought I'd share and open it up for discussion:

Trumps term: 2017-20

(if I'm understanding it correctly, Trump will serve approximately 2 years, per Ezra's prophesy, (see the "timeline" column, ie, there are 2 years left before a "Major Event" after Obama's term ends)

this means he'll be out sometime by early '19 (method unknown)
the prophesy says the next will be gone "sooner than the first"
so, I see 2 possibilities:
either
1.Pence finishes Trumps term (assuming trumps tenure lasts beyond half way point of his own term, (Jan 20th, 2019) thus fulfilling the Prophesy.
or
2. Pence will inherit the Presidency before the half way point, but will also be prematurely ousted by some means... also fulfilling the prophecy... given these parameters, I cant see another way it might happen, so if neither of these scenarios play out, the prophecy will be proven untrue, if it does happen this way, then, the prophecy goes on to say that 2 more people "rise up to rule" after this but do not get the chance due to the rise in power of... (see the "3 Heads of the Eagle portion of the prophecy) the identity of the 3 heads are as yet unknown...

study continues... I welcome any thoughts on the subject...

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: Notes on "Ezra's Eagle" Prophecy

Post by kittycat51 »

I enjoyed reading Ezra's Eagle and many other chapters from that Book (you can access the whole book on-line) I find them utterly fascinating. Of course everything is open to the authors interpretation but I think he does a pretty sound job. He states several times that it is his opinion only and that one must follow the Spirit in being guided to truth.

mmm..cheese
captain of 100

Post by mmm..cheese »

Either way, Trump is leaving office, eh?

Talon65
captain of 10

Post by Talon65 »

mmm..cheese wrote: May 13th, 2017, 6:36 pm Either way, Trump is leaving office, eh?
according to this Prophecy, Obama will be our last full-term President... sobering to think of...

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Talon65 wrote: May 13th, 2017, 6:45 pm
mmm..cheese wrote: May 13th, 2017, 6:36 pm Either way, Trump is leaving office, eh?
according to this Prophecy, Obama will be our last full-term President... sobering to think of...
Technically Obama lasted 2 full terms. One term is 4 years.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

according to this Prophecy, Obama will be our last full-term President

And why do you guys think this???

mmm..cheese
captain of 100

Post by mmm..cheese »

It sounds like he is saying the first term will not be completed and Pence will take over.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Z2100 wrote: May 13th, 2017, 9:26 pm

You should read chapter 2 of http://thelost10tribes.com/

It's very interesting!

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Thank you talon65 , excellent food for thought, excellent post.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

LDS Physician wrote: May 14th, 2017, 4:33 am

It's very interesting!

It was very interesting. the only problem I have was that the interpretation comes from the Apocrypha...

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Z2100 wrote: May 14th, 2017, 10:49 am

It's very interesting!

It was very interesting. the only problem I have was that the interpretation comes from the Apocrypha...
If the Apocrypha was a deceptive or unreliable book God would not have told Joseph Smith what he told him. It may not be perfect but half a loaf is better than no loaf at all.

Talon65
captain of 10

Post by Talon65 »

[/quote]

I felt that way as well, however I found it very interesting that the Official Church website says that 2nd Esdras, where this prophecy is found is of "special value"
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bd/apocrypha - that did serve to ease my mind on its validity - still, let the Spirit guide you...

Talon65
captain of 10

Post by Talon65 »

mmm..cheese wrote: May 13th, 2017, 9:31 pm It sounds like he is saying the first term will not be completed and Pence will take over.
thats what I got out of it, I guess time will tell...

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Z2100 wrote: May 14th, 2017, 10:49 am

It's very interesting!

Yes. Remember that the Lord told Joseph Smith that the Apocrypha has truth in it but the reader needs the spirit to pull the truth out of it. So when you read it, you have to have the spirit.

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

:ymparty: bump :o)
Any more thoughts or ideas, anyone?

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

dafty wrote: August 7th, 2017, 2:11 am :ymparty: bump :o)
Not from me...but it's fascinating to watch it unfold. If Trump serves a full-term then the interpretation of Esdras 2 is incorrect. If he serves less than a full term, then my eyebrows will go up. If Pence then follows with even a shorter period in office, then I'll really get excited about it.

Talon65
captain of 10

Post by Talon65 »

LDS Physician wrote: August 7th, 2017, 6:47 am
Not from me...but it's fascinating to watch it unfold. If Trump serves a full-term then the interpretation of Esdras 2 is incorrect. If he serves less than a full term, then my eyebrows will go up. If Pence then follows with even a shorter period in office, then I'll really get excited about it.
yep - thats exactly my take as well, the proof, either way, is only 18 months away...

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

Not sure if anyone has seen this but here is another LDS guy who wrote a book about it

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-0 ... t-6-months

Is The Deep State Plotting To Remove President Trump From Office Within The Next 6 Months?

Aug 7, 2017 8:10 PM

Authored by Michael Snyder via The American Dream blog,

Is Donald Trump even going to make it to the 2020 election? The rumors that the deep state is planning to make a big move to try to remove President Trump have become a deafening roar, and if they are ultimately successful they are going to unleash a time of chaos and civil unrest unlike anything this nation has ever seen before.

At the outset of this article I want to make it exceedingly clear that I do not know what is going to happen over the next six months. I am simply passing along what is being reported by others. Perhaps everyone is wrong and the deep state will back down in their war against Trump, but I wouldn’t count on it.

Let’s start with what David Stockman is saying. Stockman was a key member of the Reagan administration, and he is convinced that Donald Trump will be out of office “well before August 2018”. In fact, he recently told one audience that he believes “that it could happen by February”…

Ultimately, the hammer of fiscal crisis and a crashing stock market will break any remaining loyalty of the GOP elders as they smell the 2018 elections turning into a replay of the rout of 1974.

And then the Donald will be gone, and well before August 2018, too. I told an audience in Vancouver last Friday that it could happen by February.

The bottom line is that the Swamp is so undrainable that it will end up making mincemeat of Donald Trump….
I don’t know if Stockman knows Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne, because he has issued a very similar warning. Not too long ago, a member of Congress told him that Trump “will be removed suddenly from office” and that there is “nothing we can do to stop it”…

During a sermon he delivered on Sunday, July 23rd at The River at Tampa Bay Church, Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne said his source for the information, a Congressman who has served in the House since 1996, told him there was an active “plot on Capitol Hill to take the president out.”

“I said you mean by impeachment or by indictment – he said no, to take him out, he will be removed suddenly from office,” Pastor Howard-Browne said, ominously adding that the congressman noted: “You can read between the lines.”

Pastor Howard-Browne also claimed the Congressman said: “There’s nothing we can do to stop it.”
If that is accurate, that is a very sobering thing to hear.

Is the deep state really so immensely powerful that there is nothing that a high ranking member of Congress can do to stop them from moving against the president of the United States?

The phrase “coup” is being thrown around a lot these days to describe what is taking place. And I am not just talking about people on the fringes. Just check out the following quote from Rush Limbaugh…

“What we are in the middle of, and what we have been in the middle of essentially since election night and all the days following, is a silent coup.”

“There has been an effort, silent, meaning nobody is actually expressing this desire verbally. Nobody is saying this is what’s going on. But there is a coup underway, being led by the media with accomplices in the Democrat Party and a number of international players, to reject the outcome of the election, to undermine the presidency of Donald Trump, and, if the wish list were realized, to get rid of him.

“That is what we have been living with. That has been the sole purpose of the news business since the day after the election. And in this ensuing period of time, say from early November to now – what is that, nine months? – the American people have had to endure a daily assault of innuendo, allegation, accusation, supposition with literally no evidence whatsoever to support any of the charges that have been made.”
The truth is that the establishment absolutely hates anyone that tries to fight their agenda, and having Donald Trump in the White House is their worst nightmare come true. They had been hoping to use the “collusion with Russia” scandal to get him booted out, but that is not moving nearly fast enough for their liking, and so many fear that the deep state may soon resort to even more desperate measures. The following comes from Newsweek…

Right-wing radio personality Alex Jones said Friday that the so-called Deep State is planning to assassinate President Donald Trump.

He and others on the far right have been accusing career government employees in the Deep State, particularily those who work in national security, of conspiring against Trump and his agenda. Far-right internet personality Mike Cernovich joined Jones Friday in predicting a coup against Trump in the next couple of months.

“They’re saying, ‘A month or two we’re going to kill the president, month or two we’re going to remove him,’” Jones said. “This is so sinister.”
Let us pray for President Trump and his family, because he definitely has made a lot of very powerful enemies.

But once they remove Trump, the establishment won’t stop there. In fact, Maxine Waters is already promising to go after Mike Pence once Trump is gone…

While discussing her dream of impeaching the President with the ladies of The View on Friday, host Joy Behar asked Waters, “Do you think Pence will be better than Trump?”

As much as the Congresswoman clearly detests the President, she apparently has an equal level of disdain for the Vice President.

“No, and when we finish with Trump we have to go and get Putin,” Waters said. (She clarified that she meant Pence.)
We are watching a political war unfold, and the deep state fully intends to come out on top.

But what will our nation look like if they are successful?

I don’t know that the establishment has really thought this through. Perhaps they truly believe that things will go back to “normal” once Trump is gone, but others are warning that overturning the will of the American people could result in widespread chaos and violence. For instance, just consider the following words from Michael Savage…

Millions of Americans will revolt if the globalists remove President Trump from office or render him powerless, radio host Michael Savage warned.

Americans could even “resort to mob violence” because they’ll have nothing to lose once they “are finally aware of the fact that they’ve been tricked by their society, and that no matter how hard they work as middle-class people” they have nothing to gain, the Savage Nation host said Friday.

“That is what’s going to happen in this country,” he pointed out. “You have not yet seen mob violence in this country. You’ve seen some mob violence instigated by George Soros’ mobs.”
This is one of the most pivotal moments in American history. If the establishment is able to extinguish the political revolution that Trump has started, we will probably enter an era of tyranny unlike anything we have ever experienced before in this country. But if Trump survives and we can get him some help in D.C. in 2018, we may actually have a shot at moving this nation in a more positive direction.

I am seeing so much apathy among conservatives right now, and I wish more people understood what a critical time this really is. If we do not stand up for what we believe now, we could end up losing everything.

The fate of the United States is literally hanging in the balance, and at this moment it is not clear which way things will ultimately go.

gangbusters
captain of 100

"Ezra's Eagle" Prophecy . . .

Post by gangbusters »

. . . Looks like a good replacement for the George Albert Smith prophecy. Salacious, doom and gloom, and of questionable repute. Checks all the boxes.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

The problem I have with this vision from 2 Esdras is with the popular interpretation of chapter 11, verses 16-17. People claim that this refers to Franklin Delano Roosevelt but don't pay close attention to verse 17:
There shall none after thee attain unto thy time, neither unto the half thereof.
FDR served as President from March 4, 1933 to April 12, 1945. That is 12 years, 40 days. If any subsequent President were to serve for six years, 20 days, they would have attained half the time of FDR's presidency. If Harry Truman served 7 years, 9 months, 8 days then he would have exceeded half of FDR's Presidency. If Dwight Eisenhower, Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, George W Bush, or Barry Obama served eight years each then all of them exceeded half of FDR's presidency.

I have yet to have anybody satisfactorily explain how six Presidents could serve more than six years and a month without exceeding half of FDR's time in office, thereby showing that they were the Presidents in question.
Last edited by brianj on August 8th, 2017, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarkBR
Hi, I'm new.

Post by MarkBR »

brianj wrote: August 7th, 2017, 9:43 pm The problem I have with this vision from 2 Esdras is with the popular interpretation of chapter 11, verses 16-17. People claim that this refers to Franklin Delano Roosevelt but don't pay close attention to verse 17:
There shall none after thee attain unto thy time, neither unto the half thereof.

FDR served as President from March 4, 1933 to April 12, 1945. That is 12 years, 40 days. If any subsequent President were to serve for six years, 20 days, they would have attained half the time of FDR's presidency. If Harry Truman served 7 years, 9 months, 8 days then he would have exceeded half of FDR's Presidency. If Dwight Eisenhower, Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, George W Bush, or Barry Obama served eight years each then all of them exceeded half of FDR's presidency.

I have yet to have anybody satisfactorily explain how six Presidents could serve more than six years and a month without exceeding half of FDR's time in office, thereby showing that they were the Presidents in question.
Think of it this way, Christ said that he would be in the earth for 3 days. By your line of thinking Christ would have needed to be in the grave for 72 hours for this prophecy to be fulfilled because there is 24 hours in a day. However, the scriptures say that He was entombed right before Sunset on Friday and that He rose first thing Sunday morning. He was therefore likely in the tomb for closer to 24 hours and 72, but those hours but those hours bridged 3 days - thus fulfilling the prophesy. FDR was elected to 4 terms and the constitution was subsequently modified to limit future presidents from serving more than 2 terms going forward. The concept is very similar.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Talon65 wrote: August 7th, 2017, 5:30 pm
LDS Physician wrote: August 7th, 2017, 6:47 am
yep - thats exactly my take as well, the proof, either way, is only 18 months away...
Correct me if I'm wrong...but Esdras 2 isn't specific about the length of time this short feather president would serve but only specifies that his time in office would be shorter than normal (ie shorter than one full term) and that his successor would be even shorter than that.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

brianj wrote: August 7th, 2017, 9:43 pm The problem I have with this vision from 2 Esdras is with the popular interpretation of chapter 11, verses 16-17. People claim that this refers to Franklin Delano Roosevelt but don't pay close attention to verse 17:

I thought the same thing. It seems to shape a puzzle piece that doesn't fit the empty space.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

MarkBR wrote: August 7th, 2017, 10:26 pm

Think of it this way, Christ said that he would be in the earth for 3 days. By your line of thinking Christ would have needed to be in the grave for 72 hours for this prophecy to be fulfilled because there is 24 hours in a day. However, the scriptures say that He was entombed right before Sunset on Friday and that He rose first thing Sunday morning. He was therefore likely in the tomb for closer to 24 hours and 72, but those hours but those hours bridged 3 days - thus fulfilling the prophesy. FDR was elected to 4 terms and the constitution was subsequently modified to limit future presidents from serving more than 2 terms going forward. The concept is very similar.
This doesn't quite work for me. It has been explained to me that, at the time of the Savior's mortal life, a portion of a day was considered a day. If someone left the house before sunset and returned after, they could be described as being gone for two days. Therefore Jesus could have been dead for 30 hours and, the way the Jews considered it, He was dead for three days.

But I don't see how a President serving nearly two thirds of FDR's term of service could be said to have not attained the half of FDR's time in office.