Day Without a Woman

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Willow
captain of 100

Day Without a Woman

Post by Willow »

I am new to posting, but have been lurking for a while.

On this day when so many women are standing up and
screaming "Look at me, look at me!! You can't do without me," I wanted to take this time and thank all of the men in my life who have blessed my life and helped to shape me into the woman that I am.

My amazing and incredible husband, my crazy and loveable boys,
My Dad who I adore, my brothers who made me tough as a child but who have become oh so dear to me as an adult. My Grandfathers whom I miss every single day of my life.

I have had incredible male teachers, coaches, friends, bishops and other church leaders who have helped to change my heart. I am also grateful to every single man who has ever held a door open for me.

My life would be flat and one dimensional without each and every one of these men.

Most especially my Heavenly Father and my Savior.

How can I ever adequately show my love and gratitude to all of these men and so many more.

Today I am showering my attentions on the men in my life. Too many women in this world throughout history and even now have had have to endure too many days without men, due to wars, disease, work, and death.

I love each of the men in my life very much and on this International Women's Day all I can say is thank you, thank you.

Thank you for everything that you do that allows me to be a woman, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a force for good. These are not all of my titles nor even half of the things that I do each day. These are just the ones that I feel to be the most important to me.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Day Without a Woman

Post by EmmaLee »

Amen, Willow!

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Nothing like an attitude of gratitude, so nice to see a positive approach to being a women, welcome Willow.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

:ymhug: Willow, did you just fly in for a quick pit stop from another Galaxy far far away? :ymhug:

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I think i misunderstood.

WhereCanITurn4Peace
captain of 100

Post by WhereCanITurn4Peace »

Nice first post, Willow :) Welcome

Your comments bring this scripture to mind:

1 Corinthians 11:11

Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.

I also like this quote by President Spencer W. Kimball:

“In his wisdom and mercy, our Father made men and women dependent on each other for the full flowering of their potential. Because their natures are somewhat different, they can complement each other; because they are in many ways alike, they can understand each other. Let neither envy the other for their differences; let both discern what is superficial and what is beautifully basic in those differences, and act accordingly”

How important are the roles of righteous men and women in all our lives! I'm grateful for the examples of both in my own.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Where is that thanks button when you need it?! @};-

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Thankyou Willow. Way to raise the bar on how to make a post on this forum. I very much agree. Whenever I walk down the roads or look at the buildings in the city, It reminds me that mostly it is men who have spent countless thankless hours doing brutally hard physical labor for us. They chop the firewood, scrape the icy wind shields, they take out the trash and lift all the heavy boxes and furniture when things need to be moved.

I also am grateful for men's council. I have learned to respect men because they can pick out a lie like a needle in a haystack. Women's thoughts are usually spiritual, and like hair, we are always receiving a trillion spiritual signals at a time, and without steady direction from men who can think straight and clearly, they can get tangled.

When I was watching a news clip the other day, I thought to myself, that the newscasters would never get away with being so manipulative if we held our proper respects for men in our culture. Men may not be perfect, but I have seen in my own husband in other men that they have an uncanny ability to recognize manipulation and stomp it out before it becomes dangerous.

I have seen my husband do this over and over, and other men too, when put in a situation where a little bit of manipulation and deceit muddies the water, they can find it, pick it out, and defend the truth with power.

I really respect men for that ability, just as I respect women for their intuitive and spiritual abilities. Truly we are meant to elevate each other in our respective roles.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Thanks Willow, but in my humble opinion women are out of control. They want the Priesthood? They aren't worthy for the Priesthood!

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

eddie wrote: March 8th, 2017, 11:56 pm Thanks Willow, but in my humble opinion women are out of control. They want the Priesthood? They aren't worthy for the Priesthood!
Oh Eddie, Eddie, Eddie. To whom are you referring? "They"? I have never had any desire for and never will have a desire to hold the Priesthood. I have to many things to deal with as a wife and mother to my awesome husband and boys. I'm assuming you were joking or referring to the crazy women who really hate Trump because after all THIS is what they are really protesting and why it started. :p

Welcome Willow! Great post. :)

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

17202880_10213147521471397_3721838292519241184_n.jpg
17202880_10213147521471397_3721838292519241184_n.jpg (36.56 KiB) Viewed 689 times

Sandinista
captain of 100

Post by Sandinista »

I'm proposing we start a movement naming April 15th the "Day without Man". We can all go to the range, fishing, golfing, or whatever. Wouldn't that be great?