Colin Powell Warns "Coming Crisis We Don’t Even Know About"

Discuss political news items / current events.
truthseeds
captain of 100

Colin Powell Warns "Coming Crisis We Don’t Even Know About"

Post by truthseeds »

As if Biden's statements weren't enough to make us wonder...
http://www.prisonplanet.com/colin-powel ... t-now.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LDBOPcHpeo
Echoes Biden comments that Obama will be tested in early days of his term

Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Tuesday, Oct 21, 2008

Colin Powell has made bizarre comments that echo the recent declaration by Democratic VP candidate Joe Biden that there will be an “international crisis” early into Barack Obama’s presidency that will test the new president by forcing him to make unpopular decisions.

Speaking on meet the press two days ago, Powell officially endorsed Obama and also made the following statement:

“The problems will always be there and there’s going to be a crisis which will come along on the 21st, 22nd of January that we don’t even know about right now.

So I think what the President has to start to do is to start using the power of the oval office and the power of his personality to convince the American people and convince the world that America is solid, that America is going to move forward, we are going to fix our economic problems, we’re going to meet out overseas obligations.”

Is Colin Powell referring to a theoretical crisis that could occur at any time? If so why does he choose a specific date, within the first two days after the inauguration? Also why does he refer to general problems that the new president will have to deal with in a separate context? We are already in an economic crisis, everyone knows that, so what new crisis is Powell talking about?
Whatever you read into Powell’s comments, they sound somewhat bizarre, particularly as they come on the back of Joe Biden’s “guarantee” of a “generated crisis” to “test the mettle” of the new leader within six months of the new presidential term:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOwb9l0DtRA

What does Biden mean by “generated crisis”? It is an undeniably strange term to use.

His reference to John F. Kennedy indicates that Biden may have been referring some kind of geopolitical crisis in the vain of the Cuban missile crisis of April 1961. The confrontation between the United States, the Soviet Union, and Cuba at the height of the Cold War came within the first four months of JFK’s presidency.

Obama’s running mate made the comments at a fundraising event in Seattle two days ago, on the same day Powell also spoke of a coming crisis.

We shouldn’t be surprised at Powell’s comments however, given that the former Secretary of State seemingly has a knack for predicting events before they take place.

Previous to the beginning of the Iraq war in February 2003, an audio tape containing a voice described as that of Osama Bin Laden was touted as proof positive of Al Qaeda links with Saddam Hussein.

Hours before the tape was discovered and aired by TV channel Al Jazeera, Powell announced in the US Senate that a “Bin Laden tape is coming proving Iraq’s links with Al-Qaeda.”

This led some to raise the question how does Colin Powell know what Al Jazeera are going to broadcast before they do?

In an amazing and timely coincidence, the tape came barely a week after Powell’s attempts to link Al Qaeda and Saddam in his botched presentation of lies and exaggerations before the UN Security Council.
Last edited by truthseeds on October 21st, 2008, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HoneyBee
captain of 100

Re: Colin Powell Warns of Coming Crisis We Don’t Even Know A

Post by HoneyBee »

Last edited by HoneyBee on June 5th, 2010, 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

truthseeds
captain of 100

Re: Colin Powell Warns of Coming Crisis We Don’t Even Know About

Post by truthseeds »

Watch the brazen Powell make the creepy comment at 2:35 into the following (and posted above) video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LDBOPcHpeo
If something happens, Powell should be arrested!

Here is one potentially plausible scenario that I've run across:
First of all, all you martial law predictors, that’s just not gonna happen. Not enough soldiers in the world could contain an armed-to-the-teeth American rebellion, let alone our sorry troops. We’d make Iraq look like a nursery school squabble.

Nope, what Powell and others are referring to is Israel’s attack on Iranian nuclear facilities on January 26th, the night of the new moon. This is the last window before Iran tests its nuclear device, rumored to be scheduled for February. The deal has been struck that the Israelis will accept the Saudi peace plan in exchange for nothing more than saber rattling from their Arab neighbors (who ALL want those facilities wiped out). This will take place over a period of weeks while Arabs threaten about making war, only to be followed by a Saudi-Syrian called summit at which time Obama will offer to broker a larger Middle East summit that will result in a comprehensive peace plan that will see a massive world outreach to the Palestinians to build their country. Israelis and Palestinians will dance in the streets together.

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

Arrogance by INSIDERS will hopefully bring them down. The good General is a member of the CFR as are Obama and Biden.

p51-mustang
captain of 1,000

Post by p51-mustang »

Sounds like the CFR people are tipping thier hand here, poor, arogant fools

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Re: Colin Powell Warns "Coming Crisis We Don’t Even Know About"

Post by Captain Moroni »

Don't underestimate them. They would NOT reveal these things unless they truly beleived they will win the battle for the soul of America. Never uinderestimate the ENEMY.

n8-r
captain of 100

Post by n8-r »

Hmmm. Taking into account all the dreams and revelations going around the international crisis might be China and Russia invading the U.S.( with the help of latin America) and the unpopular decision might be instituting a military draft for 18-42 men and women. Or maybe they will declare martial law and try to take away guns. I bet it's one of htese scenarios, probably the first I think.

WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Post by WYp8riot »

I posted this elsewhere, but I am starting to believe my own intuition on this....

Does anyone get the feeling these people are trying to win points with thier worldly puppet masters? Its like they seeing who can fool americans the most while making blatent statements here and there to show how dumb we are at supporting them. Isnt it odd that 2 fake conservatives Bush and McCain both make comments about desire to be dictators? It almost seems like they are putting on an act that thier masters can laugh at regarding how stupid the people are that buy the act. It just doesnt add up. Is the one single thing conservative or admirable about desire to be a dictator?

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

Just rememebr that GOD rules no mater how powerful these folks are. Have your current TR and use it, have your FULL year's supply including a tent, and be 100% committed to living the FULL Law of Consecration. There is safety in this.

truthseeds
captain of 100

Post by truthseeds »

I agree with you Captain - thanks for your consideration and reminders. And it is a good reminder, that God rules and for us to be prepared, temporally and spiritually.

I understand that Australia’s Prime Minister Kevin Rudd also was reported in the news addressing his party saying that in the next year the government would have to make decisions that were extremely unpopular with the Australian people. So, the list of 'warners' or 'threats' is from (at least) Powell, Biden, Albright and Lieberman and Rudd.

IMO, the US will default on its debts in January 2009. It's almost time for the slaves to rise against their masters.
What Will Obama’s “International Crisis” Be?

Biden’s guarantee raises prospect of nuclear conflagration with Iran, Russia
Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Joe Biden’s “guarantee” that an “international crisis” will unfold shortly after President Obama takes office conjures up several different possibilities, but it seems the likely outcome will revolve around an announcement that Iran has developed a nuclear bomb, prompting a potential military attack.

“It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy,” Biden told an audience in Seattle this past weekend.

“Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

The assured tone with which Biden delivered his forecast was staggeringly convincing, and left the observer in no doubt that there will be a major world crisis shortly after Obama takes office. “Mark my words, mark my words,” Biden stressed, adding that “tough” and “unpopular” foreign policy decisions will have to be made.

“I promise you it will occur,” Biden added, “As a student of history and having served with seven presidents, I guarantee you it is going to happen.”

Biden’s use of the word “generated” is even more startling. One of the dictionary definitions we find for the word “generated” is “to bring into existence; cause to be; produce,” which begs the question, will this be another staged and manufactured crisis like the 9/11 attacks, which occurred less than 8 months after Bush took office?

Or will it be something even more serious, a nuclear conflagration involving Russia or Iran?

John McCain raised the specter of nuclear war yesterday when he warned that the United States faces “many challenges here at home, and many enemies abroad in this dangerous world,” before mentioning the 1962 Cuban Missile crisis.

Echoing Biden’s comments, McCain said the next president “won’t have time to get used to the office” and “I know how close we came to a nuclear war and I will not be a president that needs to be tested. I have been tested. Senator Obama has not.”

What is the test to which McCain and Biden refer, and how can they be so sure that it will arrive shortly after Obama takes office should he win the election as expected? What was Colin Powell referring to on Meet The Press when he said, “There’s going to be a crisis which will come along on the 21st, 22nd of January that we don’t even know about right now.”

The most likely scenario seems to revolve around Iran announcing, or the U.S. government claiming, that they are ready to build their first nuclear bomb.

Indeed, the Mossad front news outlet Debka File reported yesterday that “Iran will be ready to build its first bomb just one month after the next US president is sworn in.” The very next sentence of the report ties this in with Biden’s promise of an international crisis immediately after Obama takes office.

“DEBKAfile’s military sources cite the new US timeline: By late January, 2009, Iran will have accumulated enough low-grade enriched uranium (up to 5%) for its “break-out” to weapons grade (90%) material within a short time. For this, the Iranians have achieved the necessary technology. In February, they can move on to start building their first nuclear bomb,” according to the report.

Of course, the legitimacy of these claims are likely to be completely fabricated - the official U.S. National Intelligence Estimate concluded in December that Iran had suspended its nuclear weapons campaign in late 2003 - but the Israelis may be laying the groundwork for a propaganda offensive similar to the “weapons of mass destruction” scam that preceded the invasion of Iraq.

Will the military assault on Iran occur not under the highly unpopular Bush administration, as many had predicted, but under an Obama presidency? Riding into office on a wave of popular approval and support, Obama will have the political capital to get the country behind the attack if the threat of imminent danger is cited - or at least stand by and allow Israel to do the dirty work.

Will a nuclear flash point on the scale of the Cuban Missile Crisis turn out to be the “international crisis” that Biden so vehemently promised? Or will the event take on a different characteristic.

Bush exploited 9/11 to realize the pre-set agenda of his Neo-Con masters months after he was inaugurated and Bill Clinton seized upon the Oklahoma City Bombing shortly into his second term to expand federal power. What will Obama’s crisis be that enables him to offer his contribution to building the American police state?

- A terror attack, or a series of attacks, on major American cities, possibly involving crudely designed nuclear bombs or dirty bombs?

- A complete economic collapse and a new great depression leading to food riots and the imposition of martial law?

- A military showdown with Russia should Russia attempt to invade Georgia or another pro-U.S. Russian satellite country?

- A nuclear showdown with Russia should Russia start a nuclear war with Ukraine, as has been threatened?

- The necessity for another military attack on Afghanistan should the Taliban continue to regain control of the country?

- A confrontation with Venezuela should it be revealed that Hugo Chavez is receiving nuclear bomb technology from Russia or Iran?

- A new escalation in the Middle East should Israel deploy its nuclear arsenal to attack Iran, Syria Lebanon, or even Egypt?

Whatever the new “international crisis” that we have been guaranteed turns out to be, you can bet your bottom dollar that the response to it will ultimately lead to more carnage and a further assault on the fast-disappearing freedoms that we still enjoy - and in that sense under an Obama presidency, the more things “change,” the more they will stay the same.

WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Post by WYp8riot »

Captain Moroni wrote:Just rememebr that GOD rules no mater how powerful these folks are. Have your current TR and use it, have your FULL year's supply including a tent, and be 100% committed to living the FULL Law of Consecration. There is safety in this.
Good advice,

Unfortunately I have been struggling to get a years supply for several years. I did aquire some storage and tents. Hopefully more to come as the time is short.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Ever wonder how you are going to keep your year's supply in a tent?

I'd have to use my 3-horse trailer to carry my family's food storage, and that would mean the horses would have to walk.

Logistics are a killer.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Just have your horses pull the horse trailer, and don't forget a porta potty for you and yours. What a mess a tent city would be. No wonder why Moses led the people around the wilderness for 40 yrs. There was no sewer or septic system. The tent city would have to be a moving city. It will drive the mailman crazy!

Before the economic meltdown completely destroys our nation, isn't all this bad stuff supposed to start with the saints "upon my house..."? Are we (the saints) in for an ASAP quick treat? This topic should probably have it's own thread...

WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Post by WYp8riot »

LOL

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

The year's supply will be totally consecrated to the Church as part of living the entire Law of Consecration. They and God will worry about storage facilities while we live in tent cities. :lol: Rememebr that God provided manna for 40 years to Moses and his people. God is still a God of miracles.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

What a mess a tent city would be. No wonder why Moses led the people around the wilderness for 40 yrs. There was no sewer or septic system.
http://weblife.org/humanure/default.html

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

jbum, how clever of you. BTW, what is it like living in the big and spacious building?

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

We have toilets.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

jbalm wrote:We have toilets.
But do you have scripture mingled with the philosophies of man??

tick
captain of 100

Post by tick »

Here is a plot thickener.... It doesn't matter who is elected. We will get a FF either way apparently:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... refer=home

truthseeds
captain of 100

Post by truthseeds »

tick wrote:Here is a plot thickener.... It doesn't matter who is elected. We will get a FF either way apparently:

One of the worrisome parts of that article:
"The general experience has been that they strike when they're operationally ready to strike,'' Chertoff said. "The Bush administration has been making security preparations for the transition for more than 18 months", he said.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

Keeps me thinking that Wolfgramm was onto something after all

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

truthseeds wrote:
tick wrote:Here is a plot thickener.... It doesn't matter who is elected. We will get a FF either way apparently:

One of the worrisome parts of that article:
"The general experience has been that they strike when they're operationally ready to strike,'' Chertoff said. "The Bush administration has been making security preparations for the transition for more than 18 months", he said.
The Transition? So they chose their man 18 months ago huh?

Captain Moroni
captain of 1,000

Post by Captain Moroni »

Proud... BINGO!!!!!

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

The Transition? So they chose their man 18 months ago huh?

I think you are misunderstanding the Chertoff statement Love. Look gang I have commented before here on the perception of becoming tunnel visioned as I believe people like Alex Jones and some here are when it comes to terrorist attacks on the US. Jones has said that when the next terrorist attack occurs on US soil everyone can be assured that it is a false flag event staged by our own govt. to take away more of our freedoms. This is the kind of irresponsible statement that defies reality. Do any of you really think that the only enemies we have live in Washington DC? There are literally hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of individuals around this globe who would love to see the US fall. We probable have 100's of terrorist cells inside this land who have infiltrated thru irresponsible open borders or are homegrown and would love to duplicate as they did in Madrid a few years ago which Chertoff alluded to in in comments about the transition.

On March 11, 2004, an al-Qaeda cell set off 10 bombs targeting passenger trains in Madrid, killing more than 190 and injuring more than 1,400. The attack came three days before Spain's general elections.

I am not discounting the enemies from within or saying that we should not be concerned about them but lets not become so obsessed with those enemies that we lose all sense of logic when it comes to other sources who want to bring this nation to its knees. Bush and Cheney are not the only characters of ill repute that we have to worry about. There is a jihad still very much alive in the minds of many thousands of radical terrorists that targets the big Satan and the little Satan ie US and Israel. There are also other powerful forces in this world of communist persuasion who are just waiting for the US to become weakened sufficiently economically and militarily so that they can take back what they think we have been hoarding throughout the years, our lands and our resources. Joseph Smith prophesied that foreign forces would fight us on our lands and only the priesthood Brethren would save our military from total defeat at the hands of these foreign enemies. Don't make the mistake of thinking that only our politicians are interested in doing irreparable harm to this nation. There are plenty of other combinations out there who who like nothing more than to see us go down in flames. We must be vigilant in seeing ALL enemies foreign and domestic and fighting against them.