Chad Daybell, Julie Rowe, and Anti-Mormons

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Onsdag
captain of 100

Chad Daybell, Julie Rowe, and Anti-Mormons

Post by Onsdag »

I just came across this article, apparently written by Chad Daybell (Julie Rowe's publisher) which was published on Julie Rowe's website:

http://julieroweprepare.com/julie-rowe-media-frenzy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems, according to brother Daybell, that if you disagree with Julie Rowe then you are either Anti-Mormon, or in league with them. 8-|

Some selections from the article:
It only took a couple of days for Church employees to spread this supposedly internal memo across the internet. Julie and I were aware of it by early September. We shrugged it off, but we expected it to develop into something damaging simply because the anti-Mormon websites were using the memo to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Anti-Mormons had taken a dislike to Julie’s message right from the start. Why? Because she encouraged people to follow the living prophet, attend the temple, pray to God for answers, and so on. In other words, she stood for everything they opposed. For the first year, they bombarded websites and posted book reviews that mercilessly attacked her in every way.

These people figured if they could get others to believe their lies,then Julie and her books would go away. Unfortunately for them, they didn’t succeed very well. Julie’s firm witness of the truth and poise under pressure made these attacks look petty and juvenile, and most people saw right through them.

However, this memo presented a golden opportunity for Julie’s detractors. If they played it right, they could make it appear the Church had denounced Julie and her books.
And, towards the end of the article:
The great irony is that when active LDS members are critical of Julie or refuse to read her books based on the media reports, they’re doing exactly what the anti-Mormons want them to do! Doctrine and Covenants 88:118 states, “And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith.”
Wow. So I guess anyone who disagrees with Julie, or writes a critical review of her books, is now anti-Mormon or in league with the anti-Mormons and they somehow resent her "because she encouraged people to follow the living prophet, attend the temple, pray to God for answers, and so on. In other words, she stood for everything they opposed." Right. 8-|

For the record Chad Daybell (if he ever comes across this post), I am one of those people who read her (first) book and wrote a critical review of it. In fact, in order to write my review, I did exactly as that scripture you cited counseled and I did "seek... diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith." Have you read my review? You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=37001" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or, if you want a more presentable version with better formatting, here: https://www.docdroid.net/nnbt/a-greater ... .docx.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you care to take the time and effort to read my review (which I would invite and challenge you to do... which seems only fair since I did take the time and effort to read one of the books you published, after all) then you'll find that I back up most all of my points with numerous scriptures and quotes from the Prophets and Apostles. I am a member of the Church in good standing, active, and I strongly stand by and support the Church, the Prophets, etc. Believe it or not, there are good faithful saints who have studied Julie's messages, pondered and prayed about them, and come to believe that her teachings are false. This in no way makes them anti-Mormon and for you to suggest such is hyperbole, duplicitous and disingenuous. :-w

Believe it or not it hasn't been easy for us either. We've had people (such as yourself) attacking us and accusing us of all sorts of false and slanderous things for daring to stand up against Julie's message because we believe it is not in harmony with the gospel of Jesus Christ and "may distort Church doctrine" (to borrow from the words of the Church itself concerning her writings). Does that mean you're anti-Mormon because you disagree with us? Absolutely not, just as surely as we are not anti-Mormon for disagreeing with Julie!

Now, for what it's worth, I do agree with Chad Daybell in part. Namely, that the "media frenzy" last year was, for the most part, much ado about nothing. They often greatly exaggerated or misrepresented the facts. Still, and regardless of such, that doesn't negate that Julie's message is still bunk.

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Re: Chad Daybell, Julie Rowe, and Anti-Mormons

Post by EdGoble »

I don't believe in Julie Rowe or her experiences, but I don't think it makes any sense anymore to rail against it. If there is something wrong with it, it will be revealed in the Lord's due time. I don't want to tell people what to believe anymore, or cast aspersions. I'll leave justice to the Lord.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Reminds of this-
“When we choose to play the victim, we choose to blame. When we choose to blame, we choose to fail. When we choose to fail, we choose to reject the light.” –Julie Rowe

Time for her and her publicist to imminently take her own medicine.

Chad is an idiot if he honestly thinks that to disbelieve Julie is anti-Mormon.

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

“The Church encourages our members to be spiritually and physically prepared for life’s ups and downs. For many decades, Church leaders have counseled members that, where possible, they should gradually build a supply of food, water and financial resources to ensure they are self-reliant during disasters and the normal hardships that are part of life, including illness, injury or unemployment.

“This teaching to be self-reliant has been accompanied by the counsel of Church leaders to avoid being caught up in extreme efforts to anticipate catastrophic events.

“The writings and speculations of individual Church members, some of which have gained currency recently, should be considered as personal accounts or positions that do not reflect Church doctrine.”
- See more at: http://ldsmag.com/why-do-some-latter-da ... Xxwfi.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Daybell: That was some pretty funny stuff. Nice but ineffective attempt (just a repeat of what you / JR have said several times already) to divert people's attention from all the real issues surrounding her and her message.

I suppose the true JR followers will feel justified after reading this; so mission accomplished I guess?

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Wow. :ymsick:

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

kennyhs wrote:“The Church encourages our members to be spiritually and physically prepared for life’s ups and downs. For many decades, Church leaders have counseled members that, where possible, they should gradually build a supply of food, water and financial resources to ensure they are self-reliant during disasters and the normal hardships that are part of life, including illness, injury or unemployment.

“This teaching to be self-reliant has been accompanied by the counsel of Church leaders to avoid being caught up in extreme efforts to anticipate catastrophic events.

“The writings and speculations of individual Church members, some of which have gained currency recently, should be considered as personal accounts or positions that do not reflect Church doctrine.”
- See more at: http://ldsmag.com/why-do-some-latter-da ... Xxwfi.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great article - thanks for sharing!

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

My responses;
Onsdag wrote:I just came across this article, apparently written by Chad Daybell (Julie Rowe's publisher) which was published on Julie Rowe's website:

http://julieroweprepare.com/julie-rowe-media-frenzy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems, according to brother Daybell, that if you disagree with Julie Rowe then you are either Anti-Mormon, or in league with them. 8-|

Some selections from the article:
It only took a couple of days for Church employees to spread this supposedly internal memo across the internet. Julie and I were aware of it by early September. We shrugged it off, but we expected it to develop into something damaging simply because the anti-Mormon websites were using the memo to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Anti-Mormons had taken a dislike to Julie’s message right from the start. Why? Because she encouraged people to follow the living prophet, attend the temple, pray to God for answers, and so on. In other words, she stood for everything they opposed. For the first year, they bombarded websites and posted book reviews that mercilessly attacked her in every way.I wasn't reading anti-mormon websites so I have no idea if they 'mercilessly attacked her in every way'...on this forum, everyone was very respectful and even encouraging when she first posted in the summer. I don't think many spoke out until her involvement with Energy Healing came to light (because she was promoting it!).

These people figured if they could get others to believe their lies,then Julie and her books would go away. Unfortunately for them, they didn’t succeed very well. Julie’s firm witness of the truth and poise under pressure made these attacks look petty and juvenile, and most people saw right through them.'Julies has stood firm in her claims, there's no question of that, but I think her 'poise under pressure' could have been better--I remember that she was pretty thinskinned when questioned--and the fact that she would have reposted this diatribe on her website just reinforces the impression that she doesn't take criticism well.

However, this memo presented a golden opportunity for Julie’s detractors. If they played it right, they could make it appear the Church had denounced Julie and her books.
They put her book on a list of 'spurious' materials. They didn't 'denounce it', but they did clearly send a message of caution, and for good reason.

And, towards the end of the article:
The great irony is that when active LDS members are critical of Julie or refuse to read her books based on the media reports, they’re doing exactly what the anti-Mormons want them to do! Doctrine and Covenants 88:118 states, “And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith.”
Sorry Bro. Daybell, but some of us didn't need 'anti mormons' to point out the problems with Julie's book, her message of a 'call out' or her dabbling in energy healing and now, her soliciting funds through her charity.

Wow. So I guess anyone who disagrees with Julie, or writes a critical review of her books, is now anti-Mormon or in league with the anti-Mormons and they somehow resent her "because she encouraged people to follow the living prophet, attend the temple, pray to God for answers, and so on. In other words, she stood for everything they opposed." Right. 8-|

For the record Chad Daybell (if he ever comes across this post), I am one of those people who read her (first) book and wrote a critical review of it. In fact, in order to write my review, I did exactly as that scripture you cited counseled and I did "seek... diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith." Have you read my review? You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=37001" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or, if you want a more presentable version with better formatting, here: https://www.docdroid.net/nnbt/a-greater ... .docx.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you care to take the time and effort to read my review (which I would invite and challenge you to do... which seems only fair since I did take the time and effort to read one of the books you published, after all) then you'll find that I back up most all of my points with numerous scriptures and quotes from the Prophets and Apostles. I am a member of the Church in good standing, active, and I strongly stand by and support the Church, the Prophets, etc. Believe it or not, there are good faithful saints who have studied Julie's messages, pondered and prayed about them, and come to believe that her teachings are false. This in no way makes them anti-Mormon and for you to suggest such is hyperbole, duplicitous and disingenuous. :-w

Believe it or not it hasn't been easy for us either. We've had people (such as yourself) attacking us and accusing us of all sorts of false and slanderous things for daring to stand up against Julie's message because we believe it is not in harmony with the gospel of Jesus Christ and "may distort Church doctrine" (to borrow from the words of the Church itself concerning her writings). Does that mean you're anti-Mormon because you disagree with us? Absolutely not, just as surely as we are not anti-Mormon for disagreeing with Julie!

Now, for what it's worth, I do agree with Chad Daybell in part. Namely, that the "media frenzy" last year was, for the most part, much ado about nothing. They often greatly exaggerated or misrepresented the facts. Still, and regardless of such, that doesn't negate that Julie's message is still bunk.
I agree with you, the media frenzy did distort her message, but IMO, that's what put her out to a wider audience and got her the third book deal, which means more profits for her publisher. My advice to Bro. Daybell; 'Don't look a gift horse in the mouth'. ;)

Isaiah
captain of 100

Post by Isaiah »

decided to put this in this thread also

taken from the interview
"Yet I have been given permission to be very bold today to let you know that we have some very imminent things coming upon us within a matter of days. "

"Julie: We’re talking any day. Like, soon. Any day."
------------------------------
taken from her website
“The Wasatch Wake Up”

When is the Wasatch Wake-Up Earthquake?
"Everyone wants to know. I don’t discuss timelines here, but my feelings are that the Wasatch “Wake-Up Earthquake”is very soon."

"What does “soon” mean? Soon could mean tomorrow, or next month, or next year, but to me the message is clear: “The Wasatch Front Earthquake is soon. Get ready for the whirlwind. Ground yourself in the knowledge you have, and the truths you know. Have faith. Trust the Lord. Get ready for additional transitions and watch the miracles unfold.”

— Julie
--------------------------------------
"Have people already so quickly forgotten what happened last fall when rumors went around about the earthquake last fall? Again, never once did I say I saw an earthquake coming last fall, but thousands of people decided that is what I said and they went out in a panic buying food and other supplies, all the while having little faith and a lot of fear based on here-say and lies told about me and others. And here we are again, half a year later and people are already accusing and falsifying and “losing faith” over lies and assumptions based on their own biases and understanding – or lack of."

"Let’s get clear. The earthquake is imminent – but I never said it was last week, I never said it was this week – I said it was imminent."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So where does she give a date ? or say that it will be tomorrow or the next day ? SHE DOESN'T .
She does say "imminent", and also, "Any day", "soon",
so that could be ANY TIME. Our time is not the Lord's time ! and HE can do as he wishes.
Could even be Fall time or even next year !
If you really think JR is a fraud, YOU must be more delusional the she is.
ANYONE that has listened to her or read her books could see that she believes what she says,
and is not intentionally trying to deceive people and making up all of this.
You really think she has made all this up ! WHY ?
I guess she must be making a lot of money defrauding people - what a joke.
Instead of wanting to hang her because you are soooo desperate, with out inspiration or guidance from God
why don't you get on your knees in prayer and ask God for yourself if there is going to be an EQ or not.

For those of you who think that the prophet is
the only one who can or should receive inspiration,
or revelation and can prophecy please read the scriptures below.

The Acts of the Apostles and (Joel 2:28-32)
Chapter 2

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days,
saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh:
and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
and your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens
I will pour out in those days of my Spirit;
and they shall prophesy:

jmack
captain of 1,000

Post by jmack »

I'm resurrecting this thread because I think it shows what happened to Chad daybell. He was, for a long time, a regular church member, but I think the point of turning may have been when julies book was cautioned against by the seminary org. He's critical and resents the members for not believing rowes book, and obviously mad at leaders for the caution and employees for leaking. I think this was his time for critical decision and he sided with his business and his gospel hobby and that decision led to this. Siding with rowe, getting more involved with fringe grouos and now proclaiming himself a prophet and probably excommunication as has been claimed.

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

Here is a bit of hearsay/rumor I got recently. I have no clue if there is any basis. I know someone who claims to be a family member of Daybell (a cousin). He says that the motivation behind the media frenzy is a custody dispute and Daybell and the new wife are in hiding with the children to keep them from being taken away by DCFS types. Apparently someone in Daybell's family who wants custody are allegedly trying to smear Daybell and his new wife when they are victim of a set of bad circumstances.

Kind of like when the state of Utah tried to force a family to have their kid put through chemo years ago and they had no choice but to flee until circumstances could be more advantageous for their side of things.

While Daybell and Julie Rowe are nuts from the point of view of their religious beliefs as I see it, nobody deserves to be treated the way they are being treated. And as I see it, they have legal custody of these kids. It's not like they kidnapped them or something. I urge people to see through the media lies here and give them the benefit of the doubt until we know what the whole story is. It's implausible that they are killers.

Ed

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

EdGoble wrote: December 28th, 2019, 2:21 pm Here is a bit of hearsay/rumor I got recently. I have no clue if there is any basis. I know someone who claims to be a family member of Daybell (a cousin). He says that the motivation behind the media frenzy is a custody dispute and Daybell and the new wife are in hiding with the children to keep them from being taken away by DCFS types. Apparently someone in Daybell's family who wants custody (Daybell is the step-dad, so nobody in his family couldn't want the custody) are allegedly trying to smear Daybell and his new wife when they are victim of a set of bad circumstances.

Kind of like when the state of Utah tried to force a family to have their kid put through chemo years ago and they had no choice but to flee until circumstances could be more advantageous for their side of things.

While Daybell and Julie Rowe are nuts from the point of view of their religious beliefs as I see it, nobody deserves to be treated the way they are being treated. And as I see it, they have legal custody of these kids. It's not like they kidnapped them or something. I urge people to see through the media lies here and give them the benefit of the doubt until we know what the whole story is. It's implausible that they are killers.

Ed
inho wrote: December 28th, 2019, 7:02 am This is what the police say:
inho wrote: December 28th, 2019, 1:58 am Despite hundreds of tips, investigators say they’re no closer to finding missing Rexburg kids
On Friday, Hagen did address rumors that cropped up online that this is all related to a child custody battle.

“That’s what they claim, but we have proved that there is no active custody battle,” Hagen said.
This is what the visionaries say:
(Hector Sosa's comment on Julie Rowe's video in Youtube)
They are not coming out because this is a custody battle, and their lawyers have advised them to stay silent. Anybody who has been divorced and had to go to court for child custody has gone through this. The issue that most people seem to not understand is that Child Protection Services (CPS) will go after the kids regardless of who's right. Chad's new wife is the legal custodial parent for the two "missing" kids. Under the law, she does not need to tell anybody where the kids are. There's a trail of documentation of abuse and assault on Lori's ex-husband's side.

There's a good amount of relevant information that is not public. It will come out in court, not before. Opinions are like noses, everyone has one, but it doesn't mean that it is the truth.
Who do you believe?

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

Who do I believe? It doesn't matter who I believe. I have no stake in this. A family member apparently knows more than me. I presume he knows what he is talking about and the cops don't have Daybell's side to know who else wants the kids. I don't care but I know that someone isn't telling the truth on some side, and I know that family disputes are ugly.

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

Oh, and the people that want custody don't have to be in Daybell's family. They can be in his new wife's family, and not like their religious beliefs, and want the kids brought up differently.

jmack
captain of 1,000

Post by jmack »

A serious question. If this is simply a custody issue, who is it that's trying to take the two children? They are Lori Vallow's children, so it's not Chad's problem, he's only been married to her for about a month. And both the fathers are dead-so who's trying to get the children away. One father was killed just in July, by her brother who shot him. The other father died about a year and a half ago. So, I'm not so sure this should be written off as a custody issue, unless there's some evidence. Also, you can't ignore the deaths, there are just too many of them. Her two husbands are dead, then Chad's wife is dead, then they marry, and then they take off. I'd like to know if there were any life insurance policies taken out on the victims.

jmack
captain of 1,000

Post by jmack »

EdGoble wrote: December 28th, 2019, 3:04 pm Oh, and the people that want custody don't have to be in Daybell's family. They can be in his new wife's family, and not like their religious beliefs, and want the kids brought up differently.
I doubt they would be in Daybell's family, they have no claim on Lori's Children, I bet a lot of them don't even know them. Daybell has five grown children, I don't think they have anything to do with this. The concern for them is that the police have exhumed their mother's body and are looking for foul play in her death. Their next concern is that their father up and married a couple of weeks after their mother's sudden death. Their next concern is that their father has gone into hiding with the new wife, she's sketchy, with a lot of drama/death etc. in her life and her children are missing.

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

Speculate as you please. I am not all that interested in the subject. I just have seen enough false accusations and false stuff in my own family to last 10 lifetimes. People in my family were affected/victimized by the false accusations originating from Barbara Snow trying to brainwash people into false memory syndrome, into thinking family members were members of a Satanic cult. And this isn't even from the 1980's. This is from the last couple of years. Barbara Snow is still at it.

I almost feel like suing her myself for what she has done to my family. But that would be vengeance. And vengeance is the Lord's.

jmack
captain of 1,000

Post by jmack »

EdGoble wrote: December 28th, 2019, 3:51 pm Speculate as you please. I am not all that interested in the subject. I just have seen enough false accusations and false stuff in my own family to last 10 lifetimes. People in my family were affected/victimized by the false accusations originating from Barbara Snow trying to brainwash people into false memory syndrome, into thinking family members were members of a Satanic cult. And this isn't even from the 1980's. This is from the last couple of years. Barbara Snow is still at it.

I almost feel like suing her myself for what she has done to my family. But that would be vengeance. And vengeance is the Lord's.
I don't agree, if you know someone is still out there harming people, it's not vengeance, it's justice and protecting the innocent. You should sue her, she's gotten away with this crap for way too long. She's been sued before too, but it doesn't help. Maybe some of the victims should go to the police and file charges against her.
I'm familiar with Barbara Snow, and yea, from what happened in the 1980s, I can see why you feel victimized by law enforcement. But I think this case is different and those on the forum who've had trouble with the police taking their kids, or have been harassed by govt. in different ways should not use that as an excuse to ignore the plight of these two kids. They are missing and the one person who knows where they are is not telling. And Chad Daybell is an accessory. All they have to do is let the kids face time on the internet with one of Daybell's grown kids, who are standing by their father, and then let the police know. That's pretty easy to do, but Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell won't even do that, instead they are letting the Vallow family think the worst. I read that all communication with the father's family and the boy was cut off when Lori's brother shot the father twice in the chest and killed him. Why do that if it was purely self defense and not murder? That was July and the children were in the home when it happened. Now, no one has seen or heard from either of them since September. Something is wrong and the Chad and Lori's feet need to be held to the fire, iyam.

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

Here is a warning about Daybell, Rowe, Sosa, etc... from 2Peter 2:1-3

“ 1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.”