Is Donald Trump a supporter of the Constitution?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
sbenard
captain of 100

Is Donald Trump a supporter of the Constitution?

Post by sbenard »

This is a serious question. Does Mr Trump support the Constitution?

Thus far, I haven't seen any evidence that he does. What I've seen of his history seems to suggest that he doesn't. But am I missing the evidence? If there is some, could you please present it to me? Thanks for taking the time to update me.

Thus far, I perceive Donald Trump as a populist and an opportunist. I see him as just another wannabe dictator like Barack Obama. But if I've missed the evidence that he is a true constitutional conservative, I'd like to be informed.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Re: Is Donald Trump a supporter of the Constitution?

Post by Lexew1899 »

What is your criteria for a supporter of the Constitution?

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

carbon dioxide
captain of 100

Post by carbon dioxide »

It is hard to tell if Trump supports the constitution as he is vague on a lot of stuff and does shift if views around.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Does Donald Trump feed live puppies to South American bird spiders? I have, as of yet, not seen any evidence that he does not.

Matthew.B
captain of 100

Post by Matthew.B »

Fiannan wrote:Does Donald Trump feed live puppies to South American bird spiders? I have, as of yet, not seen any evidence that he does not.
This isn't a loaded question. Supporting the Constitution is vital to a candidate's platform and judging the effectiveness of their possible tenure as president (as far as maintaining Constitutional government goes).

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I wish more Americans, especially LDS voters, believed that supporting the Constitution is vital to a candidate's platform and judging the effectiveness of their possible tenure as president (as far as maintaining Constitutional government goes). Since Joseph Smith, there have been two Latter-day Saint candidates for POTUS. One clearly did not support the Constitution and received all kinds of praise and support from LDS voters. The other espouses the US Constitution and went almost totally unheard of among LDS voters until he finally dropped out a few weeks ago.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I hope Alex Jones is right about Donald Trump being well aware of the NWO conspiracy. Alex took 2X as much time to get that message across as I think was necessary, which put me off to some extent.

Matthew.B
captain of 100

Post by Matthew.B »

lundbaek wrote:One clearly did not support the Constitution and received all kinds of praise and support from LDS voters. The other espouses the US Constitution and went almost totally unheard of among LDS voters until he finally dropped out a few weeks ago.
Who was the one who recently dropped out?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

The LDS candidate for POTUS who recently dropped out was Dale Christensen. See search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... 2&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Matthew.B
captain of 100

Post by Matthew.B »

Yeah, I'd never heard of him. Sad, because I found his bio online and liked what I saw...

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Matthew.B wrote:
Fiannan wrote:Does Donald Trump feed live puppies to South American bird spiders? I have, as of yet, not seen any evidence that he does not.
This isn't a loaded question. Supporting the Constitution is vital to a candidate's platform and judging the effectiveness of their possible tenure as president (as far as maintaining Constitutional government goes).
The war on Trump, especially by some Mormons, is essentially one of innuendo. So why not join in? Again, is there any evidence Trump does not feed puppies to big, hairy spiders?

And while we are at it, here is someone making the point, this time in regards to...
“He wants a third shot at losing the presidency, and if there’s a sex tape out there, the American people need to know about it. And if there is not a sex tape, Mr. Romney needs reassure the American people by proving it.”
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism ... tax-rumor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

sbenard wrote:This is a serious question. Does Mr Trump support the Constitution?

Thus far, I haven't seen any evidence that he does. What I've seen of his history seems to suggest that he doesn't. But am I missing the evidence? If there is some, could you please present it to me? Thanks for taking the time to update me.

Thus far, I perceive Donald Trump as a populist and an opportunist. I see him as just another wannabe dictator like Barack Obama. But if I've missed the evidence that he is a true constitutional conservative, I'd like to be informed.
From listening to his speeches, comments and debates, I'd say he's about as familiar with the constitution as he is with the bible.... :p

He's not running to restore constitutional rule, he's running so he can be commander and chief of the United States of America.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

lundbaek wrote:I wish more Americans, especially LDS voters, believed that supporting the Constitution is vital to a candidate's platform and judging the effectiveness of their possible tenure as president (as far as maintaining Constitutional government goes). Since Joseph Smith, there have been two Latter-day Saint candidates for POTUS. One clearly did not support the Constitution and received all kinds of praise and support from LDS voters. The other espouses the US Constitution and went almost totally unheard of among LDS voters until he finally dropped out a few weeks ago.
There's still a candidate in the race who memorized the constitution when he was a teen and has a strong record of defending constitutional freedoms in his political record, why not vote for him?

I believe supporting the constitution is vital, that's why I'm voting for Ted Cruz.

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

Extremely fascinating interview with Jerome Corsi, referenced in the video immediately above.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

lundbaek wrote:I hope Alex Jones is right about Donald Trump being well aware of the NWO conspiracy. Alex took 2X as much time to get that message across as I think was necessary, which put me off to some extent.
Its definitely no stretch to believe Donald Trump is well aware of the NWO conspiracy....sleeps with the same girls, travels on the same planes, visits the same party islands, and has basically been involved in fraud and corruption since he got started with a sweetheart $400,000,000 tax free scheme on his first property...

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

Jason wrote:
lundbaek wrote:I hope Alex Jones is right about Donald Trump being well aware of the NWO conspiracy. Alex took 2X as much time to get that message across as I think was necessary, which put me off to some extent.
Its definitely no stretch to believe Donald Trump is well aware of the NWO conspiracy....sleeps with the same girls, travels on the same planes, visits the same party islands, and has basically been involved in fraud and corruption since he got started with a sweetheart $400,000,000 tax free scheme on his first property...
I believe Jerome Corsi, not Jason.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

moonwhim wrote:
Jason wrote:
His comments today...or in 2011/2012???

LOL...suit yourself! Obviously you believe Trump as well...not too mention Alex Jones...interested in some ocean front property in North Dakota?

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

Jason wrote:
moonwhim wrote:
Jason wrote:
His comments today...or in 2011/2012???

LOL...suit yourself! Obviously you believe Trump as well...not too mention Alex Jones...interested in some ocean front property in North Dakota?
Well you obviously bought some when you voted for Mitt Romney!

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

moonwhim wrote:
Jason wrote: Its definitely no stretch to believe Donald Trump is well aware of the NWO conspiracy....sleeps with the same girls, travels on the same planes, visits the same party islands, and has basically been involved in fraud and corruption since he got started with a sweetheart $400,000,000 tax free scheme on his first property...
moonwhim wrote:
Jason wrote:His comments today...or in 2011/2012???

Well you obviously bought some when you voted for Mitt Romney!
LOL...two wrongs make a right?

Actually occurred a little after the vote...buying North Dakota property although certainly not ocean front...

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

...excellent summation of what is happening, here:

DEAR RNC: An Everyday American Writes A Letter To Explain The Trump Phenomenon To The Washington Elite
We’re sick of politicians. We’re sick of the Democratic Party and the Republican Party

http://www.infowars.com/dear-rnc-an-eve ... ton-elite/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This letter was sent to 100% FED Up! by an anonymous author:

It doesn’t matter who you support for President in 2016. This letter will make you want to stand up and cheer for the 80 year old American who expresses what most of us are feeling right now. Enjoy…

Dear Representative,

From the time I was able to vote I voted Republican. I am 80 years old, and have a great deal of respect and influence with hundreds of senior ball players who also network with thousands of others around the country.

I received your questionnaire and request for money and strongly agree with every question, as I have since Obama was elected. Unfortunately the one question that was missing is “What have the Republicans done for the American people?” We gave you a majority in the House and Senate, yet you never listened to us. Now you want our money.

You should be more concerned about our votes, not our money. You are the establishment, which means all you want is to save your jobs and line your pockets… Well guess what? “It’s not going to happen” You shake in your boots when I tell you we’re giving our support to TRUMP and he hasn’t asked for a dime.

You might think we are fools because you feel Trump is on a self destruction course, but you need to look beyond Washington and listen to the masses. Nobody has achieved what he has, especially in the liberal state of New York.

You clearly don’t understand why the Trump movement is so strong, so I’d like to share with you an analogy to help explain the Trump phenomenon. By the way, it’s not just the Republicans who feel ignored and disrespected, there are plenty of Democrats and Independents who also feel let down by the Washington elite. You seem to have forgotten about “We The People” and who hired you to represent us.

So here it is, the best analogy I could come up with. Here is the reason so many Americans have boarded the Trump Train, and why you’re pleas to come back to the party who deserted us, is falling on deaf ears:

You’ve been on vacation for two weeks, you come home, and your basement is infested with raccoons. Hundreds of rabid, messy, mean raccoons have overtaken your basement. You want them gone immediately…You call the city and four different exterminators, but nobody could handle the job. There is this one guy however, who guarantees you he will get rid of them, so you hire him. You don’t care if the guy smells, you don’t care if the guy swears, you don’t care how many times he’s been married, you don’t care if he was friends with liberals, you don’t care if he has plumber’s crack…you simply want those raccoons gone! You want your problem fixed! He’s the guy. He’s the best. Period. Here’s why we want Trump: Yes he’s a bit of an donkey, yes he’s an egomaniac, but we don’t care. The country is a mess because politicians have become too self-serving. The Republican Party is two-faced & gutless. Illegal aliens have been allowed to invade our nation. We want it all fixed! We don’t care that Trump is crude, we don’t care that he insults people, we don’t care that he had been friendly with Hillary, we don’t care that he has changed positions, we don’t care that he’s been married three times, we don’t care that he fights with Megan Kelly and Rosie O’Donnell, we don’t care that he doesn’t know the name of some Muslim terrorist.

This country is weak, bankrupt, our enemies are making fun of us, we are being invaded by illegal aliens and bringing tens of thousands of Muslim refugees to America, while leaving Christians behind to be persecuted. We are becoming a nation of victims where every Tom, Ricardo and Hasid is part of a special group with special rights, to the point where we don’t even recognize the country we were born and raised in; “AND WE JUST WANT IT FIXED” and Trump is the only guy who seems to understand what the people want.

We’re sick of politicians. We’re sick of the Democratic Party and the Republican Party. We just want this thing fixed. Trump may not be a saint, but he isn’t beholden to lobbyist money and he doesn’t have political correctness restraining him. All we know is that he has been very successful, he’s an excellent negotiator, he has built a lot of things, and he’s also not a politician. He’s definitely not a cowardly politician. When he says he’ll fix it, we believe him because he is too much of an egotist to be proven wrong or looked at and called a liar.

Oh yeah…I forgot…we don’t care if the guy has bad hair either.

We just want those raccoons gone.

Out of our house.

NOW!

Trump has known Roger Stone for 40 years. Trump knows who killed JFK. Trump is not naive like JFK was. He knows about the modern-day-secret combination, and how dangerous it to stand against them. He is showing tremendous courage. He loves his wife and kids and grand kids, wants a future for them, wants to save the country. He knows the country is over if he doesn't win this election. He also knows he is on a suicide mission.

...and he is on a suicide mission. Without divine providence he will not be able to overcome all the electronic voting fraud, delegate rigging, dirty tricks, and hundreds of millions of dollars of vicious negative advertising against him. If he is able to overcome all of that, it will be a miracle. It will then take divine providence to protect him from being assassinated. He will need to be surrounded by guardian angels at all times, as was George Washington.

I am hoping that since we finally have someone who has the courage to do this, and since it appears that the majority of the population wants to get out from under the modern-day-secret-combination -- perhaps God will see fit to step in and intervene...and perhaps we can have another decade or two before things fall apart again. Perhaps there are still millions of good enough people left in the country to warrant that.

I am very interested to see what happens...to see what God's plan is, with respect to the country's demise. Perhaps God has raised Trump up for this...someone wealthy enough to self fund -- with the courage to go up against the modern-day-secret combination, despite his flaws. Perhaps God wants to see if there are still enough people in the country, that want to get out from under the modern-day-secret-combination. If this is the case, perhaps the forces of good might be allowed to prevail against the forces of evil, for a season.

The people of Utah that predominantly listen to Glen Beck and Mitt Romney, do not seem to be awake enough to see what is happening.

We live in interesting and exciting times.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Extremely fascinating interview with Jerome Corsi, referenced in the video immediately above.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

dconrad00,
Trump has known Roger Stone for 40 years. Trump knows who killed JFK. Trump is not naive like JFK was. He knows about the modern-day-secret combination, and how dangerous it to stand against them. He is showing tremendous courage
Yea, and Trump also knows where Obama was born?

Since these combinations are SECRET, and are run by the same powerful people that Donald Trump spends all of his time with, where did you get the idea that he ISN'T one of them? He acts like one, he talks like one, the only real claim he seems to make is the he can do it better!

What is he not revealed in those conspiracy web sites? Maybe we can take that to the bank and breathe a sigh of relief that we have a crusader against the NWO.

Regards,

George Clay

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Glenn is playing with fire here:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03 ... od-rising/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

lundbaek wrote:The LDS candidate for POTUS who recently dropped out was Dale Christensen. See search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... 2&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never heard of him, either.

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

To Gclayjr and any others of like mind:

I'm comfortable with the truth seeker in this matter viewing all the information which is contained in my post immediately above, if they feel so inclined and drawing their own conclusion. I have placed it there for those who would like to see it and decide for themselves. If one chooses not to avail themselves to that information, that is their prerogative and I am fine with that. Other than presenting that information, I don't feel inclined to engage in discourse about it. If you don't believe Trump is standing up to the modern-day-secret-combination as I do, that is alright with me.

I will simply bear my witness that despite their respective individual flaws as human beings I know that the following men, are patriots:

Alex Jones
Roger Stone
Joel Skousen
Jerome Corsi
Donald Trump

...and I know that the following men are not:

Glen Beck
Ted Cruz
John Kasich
Marco Rubio
Mitt Romney
Paul Ryan
Mitch McConnell
The Leaders of the RNC

Believe me, or don't believe me. I will condemn you not.