Jesus Christ visited Russia?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ visited Russia?

Post by marc »

http://ldsmag.com/did-jesus-visit-russi ... urrection/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The people who listened to Christ were the humble and lowly in the farms and countryside. They took upon themselves his name which when written phonetically in our characters rather than Cyrillic is Kristiany. The word for peasant in Russian is Kristiany. Those who believed in Him took upon themselves His name.”

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Re: Jesus Christ visited Russia?

Post by Zathura »

Wonderful!

I would love it if someone compiled a list of stories like this if Jesus visiting different places in the world!

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

3rd Nephi 16:1--------

"And verily, verily, I say unto you that I have other sheep which are not of this land, neither of the land of Jerusalem, neither in any parts of that land round about whither I have been to minister.
For they of whom I speak are they who have not as yet heard my voice; neither have I at any time manifested myself unto them.
But I have received a commandment of the Father that I shall go unto them, and that they shall hear my voice, and shall be numbered among my sheep, that there may be one fold and one shepherd; therefore I go to show myself unto them."

Jesus Christ is known for fullfilling the commandments of the Father, so I have no doubt other sheep, he did visit.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Just ask fellow forum member Darren, of Jesus Christ visit to Lake Law, Sweden around 42 A.D. ♡

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Russian for peasant is Krest'yanin.
Whereas the Russion word for Christ is Kristos, and for Christian is Kristian.
So there doesn't seem to be any real connection based on language.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

Robert Sinclair wrote:Just ask fellow forum member Darren, of Jesus Christ visit to Lake Law, Sweden around 42 A.D. ♡
I did read what he wrote a while back

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

Robin Hood wrote:Russian for peasant is Krest'yanin.
My buddy recently got back from a mission in Russia, and him and his Mission President seemed to think it was a real connection(a slight one) :)

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Anyway, I just thought it was a cool article. As cited above by Robert, Jesus Christ visited yet other sheep, of which we don't have information. Yet.

deep water
captain of 1,000

Post by deep water »

I have never read the DaVinci code, but my neighbor once told me that Christ traveled to France twice. I replied that he did not get that understanding from scripture, you must have got it from the book the DaVinci Code. Now, I might believe that Christ appeared to the inhabitants of the France geografical region, but not as an preresurrected man. Thanks Marc. Question; Why is it that some familys have several members go to Russia on their missions? Brothers, cousins ect.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Robin Hood wrote:Russian for peasant is Krest'yanin.
Христос is Christ.

Христьян is Christian.

Хрестьянин is serf or peasant.

Indeed they are very close. That first vowel there could very easily have changed over the course of 1000 years. Though a conservative language Russian has taken in elements of surrounding languages over time as it conquered many lands and interacted with other nations.

spark_pluged
captain of 50

Post by spark_pluged »

I had a class 7 or 8 years ago from the author of that article, Mark Stoddard. He was a pretty cool guy; smart with marketing and writing. He spend time in Russia training singers and business skills to the slow-to-think-like-a-capitalist Russians. Their bassackward thinking made great examples of how not to do business; and he had plenty of examples. Back to the article...

I have respect for that artist. He thought outside the box and it got him in trouble with authority. There is a good possibility Christ visited the Russian people; or at least sent messengers to the inhabitants of the time. Nothing says he didn't or couldn't. At the same time though, its easy to develop cognitive biases for anything that supports the magical view of what our religion makes possible.

But then again, at least most LDS aren't going crazy when Jesus shows up in our toast.

OneEternalRound
captain of 50

Post by OneEternalRound »

spark_pluged wrote:...its easy to develop cognitive biases for anything that supports the magical view of what our religion makes possible.
Agreed.

We shared this article with members of our family who are Russian Orthodox. They have never heard of this "folklore" before.

They pointed out that the painter is depicting Christ coming out of a Russian Orthodox service (not visiting the people after his resurrection).

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

One of my favorite books, "The Book Of The Secrets Of Enoch" was found in Russia and Servia preserved in Slavonic.

One of my other favorite "The Book of Enoch The Prophet" found in Ethiopia where St. Matthew had gone to preach, and was slain by the sword around 60 A.D.

Who knows what records are kept hidden to later be revealed as to where Jesus went, after he told the Nephites and Lamanites, other sheep also he had, that he would visit.♡

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

Bruce Wydner wrote:

Cleon Skousen said to me: “You know, this (meaning the climax of the “Story of Our Law For Little Children,” where it is demonstrated that the commune records that the LDS Church microfilmed from almost all of the communes of Northwest Europe, put together, prove that the Ynglinga Saga and related literature is true) is probably it!” (meaning that which would open up the way to let right-minded LDS people and other Americans, again, “work together by the Law.”)

Cleon and I developed a bit of a friendly collaboration from that point in time...

So, going back, to have a man of Cleon Skousen’s stature say that he felt that the “prophecy” that David O. McKay had made to him — that “the way (would be) open(ed) up” for our people to work together by the Law — was going to be fulfilled by the idea that I had grasped to write a “doctor’s thesis“ on, in early 1960, that the assembled commune records proved the truthfulness of the Ynglinga Saga etc., the effect of that has, so to speak, controlled every thought I have had thereafter.
From the book, "The Story of our Law for Little Children" by Bruce Wydner
The Ynglinga Saga

The story starts out, in Icelandic, “Kringla heimsins, su er manfolkit byggvir ...” “(This) SPHERE of our home, which is the dwelling place of mankind ...” That is, at Snorri Sturlusson’s day (centuries before Copernicus and Galileo) but likely back to more than 1900 years ago, when this Saga begins, the people of Scandinavia knew that the Earth was a “sphere,” in contrast to the sadly ignorant ideas of the flat land in the middle of a “One-spin,” of the Greeks and Romans. For this reason (the interesting first two words of this Saga), the entirety of “The Sagas of the Kings of Norway” has been called, “The Heimskringla.”

The Story says that about 2,000 years ago (from now) there was a Great King who ruled the ancient sacrificial city in the part of Asia that was at the east end of the Mediterranean Sea. The Vikings called this city, “Asia-city.”

“... that city ... was a great place for sacrifice. It was the custom there that twelve temple priests should both direct the sacrifices, and also judge the people.”

It was the custom of the Great King that:

“... when he sent his men ... on any expedition, that he first laid his hands upon their heads, and called down a blessing upon them; and then they believed their undertaking would be successful. His people also were accustomed, whenever they fell into danger by land or sea, to call upon his name, and they thought that always they got comfort and aid by it, for where he was they thought help was near. Often he went away so far that he passed many seasons on his journeys.

... It happened once when (he) had gone a great distance, and had been so long away that the people of Asa (Asia) doubted if he would ever return home ...”

At this point two brothers made an arrangement between themselves for the support of the King’s mother. Her name was “FREE”; and it is from her that we get the word. “free,” as well as the concept that that word means that was given to us by her son, the King.

These two brothers’ names were “Way” and “Will.” They were two of the leaders of the twelve “temple priests.” From Will we get the word “will” as well as such names as, “William,” “Will,” “Wilson” etc. From Way we get the word “way” as well as such names as “Wayland,” “Wesley” and “Wessington” (the original pronunciation for “Washington”). From the two brothers together we get the ancient expression, “Where there is a WILL there is a WAY.”

However, after this arrangement for the support of the King’s mother was concluded, the King came back. He took his mother back and told his people there in Asia-city that he had a plan for them. The words of the plan in the English translation of the Saga are:

“In those times the Roman chiefs went wide around in the world, subduing to themselves all people; and on this account many chiefs fled from their domains. But (the King) having foreknowledge, and magic-sight, knew that his posterity would come to settle and dwell in the northern half of the world. He therefore set (the) brothers Ve (Way) and Vilje (Will) over Asgaard (Asia-city); and he himself, with all the gods and a great many other people, wandered out, first westward ...

They first went through “Turkland” (the Viking name for “Turkey”), where the King “had great possessions.” Then they came to the north shore of the Black Sea. There on the Don River were people who were related to the people of Asia-city. From these people the King chose certain men to replace the two brothers left in Asia-city (perhaps to oversee the old and others unable to travel). With the full Twelve and this additional people they continued their traveling.

Continuing the Saga they went ...

“... westward to Gardarike (the Viking name for “Russia”) and then south to Saxland (the Viking name for “Germany”).

In Germany something very significant occurred. To understand the word that came from this occurrence it is necessary to understand a detail of History at that time.

In those days men used to go to fight in wars in knee-length leather coats. Onto those coats they would sew steel rings. Therefore, if they were struck by an arrow anywhere on that coat the greatest damage would be a bruise, but the rings would stop an arrow from piercing their flesh. They placed rags, called, “haberdash,” under the coats to minimize bruising.

When the King, the Twelve and the small band of people from Asia came to Germany they met a problem. The people of Germany had not too long before succeeded in annihilating the Legions of the Roman General, Varus and driving all other Romans back, over the Rhine River, and out of Germany. “Who did this small band of people think they were, coming into Germany?” might have been their reasoning.

The King was able to fly and knew of the Army that the People of Germany were gathering against his small Band of followers, so he called the Twelve to him. He explained to the Twelve that the Germans didn’t know who he was but that he knew the way for them to learn. He told the Twelve to take off their “shirts” so that they were “bare-shirted.” (The leather coat with the steel rings was called a, “serk,” a word similar to the modern word, “shirt,” and the origin of that word.) “Bare-shirted,” then, the King sent the Twelve into the assembled Armies of the Germans with instructions to reduce those Armies with their bare fists. This they did.

After that Victory, the small Band then began the Administration of Germany. The “Reich” of Germany is divided into many “Lands” (like Great Britain is divided into the “Lands” of England, Scotland etc.). The “Lands” of Germany are divided into Shires. The German name for, “shire” is, “gau.” And, just as the Shires of England and Scotland are divided down into the tiny Counties where a Twelve-man Jury may judge the people every three months, so are the “gaus” or Shires of Germany, today, still divided into those small Counties. But, in Germany each of those small Counties is called, a “Bare-shirt,” for the TWELVE BARESHIRTS, who brought Law to Germany. It is from these Twelve men that the concept of the Twelve-man Jury came to the Germanic North of Europe. In Germany it became the “custom” thereafter, that these Twelve (and others who did what they did) would “judge the people.”

And, their memory has not been entirely blotted from the memory of the English-speaking people. However, they are treated as ridiculous and silly, in somewhat the same way that the Santa Claus story is treated.

The way that the name, “Bareshirt,” has come down to Modern English is, “Berserk,” (meaning a crazy wild-man). The German word for their small Counties is, “Bezirk.” Beside the very popular modern English names that have come from Way and Will, the names for others of the Twelve generally seem to be rather ludicrous. One of those others of that Twelve-man group was, “Elmer.” The name, “Elmer,” is often poked fun at a bit in silly names like, “Elmer Fudd.” The member of that first Jury that could speak so beautifully was, “Brag.” That name survives as the word for silly boasting. The name for the handsome member of that Twelve, named, “Balder,” survives in the silly expression, “Balder-dash.”

Because the King was “All-wise” and had foreknowledge he chose not to build his, headquarters, for administering Germany and Europe on the Continent of Europe. Instead he built it on an Island just off the coast of peninsular Denmark. Because it was his headquarters the name of that Island is the name for “perfect joy”: “Fun.”

Then, from Denmark, the King went over to the only part of Europe that has never been conquered, Sweden. The most unconquerable part of Sweden is the almost isolated stretch of land going immediately north from Stockholm. The name of this stretch of land is “Upland.” There, in the middle of Upland, the King and his followers founded the city of “Upper Salem,” “Uppsala.” (The Vikings called Jerusalem, “Jor-sala. “) There at Uppsala they had a great Temple built, which forever after that was a religious center for Scandinavia. Uppsala is still the “intellectual capital” of Sweden.

To the west of Stockholm there is a great Lake that is called, Maelare Lake, that, with other large Lakes, almost divides north Sweden from south Sweden. The King formed that Lake by the miracle of raising up a Mountain, that had been there, and putting it over into the Sea. That Mountain, then, in the Sea, was, thereafter, called, “Sea-land.” Today that is the Danish Island of Sjaelland (which means, “Sea-land,” in Danish), on which the Danish City of Copenhagen is located and which Island is the “Old ‘Zealand’” (in English) for which, “New Zealand” was named. He named the new Lake that formed there, “LAKE LAW” and built a small Temple on its shore. The place where he built that temple he called, “Sigtuna.” “Sig” is Swedish for “victory.” “Tuna” is Swedish for “town.” 400 years later, (as told in the Icelandic book, “The Prose Edda”), when Attila the Hun wanted to marry the Burgundian Princess, in the story at the heart of the “Nibelungen Lied,” Attila had to take his oath by that Temple at Sigtuna.

When he had built his Temple at Sigtuna, on the shore of Lake LAW, the great King then gave in that Temple, to the people of Northern Europe,

“... the same law ... that had been in force in Asaland.”

The Original Charter of the LAW

This is LAW.

Speaking to the Leaders of Northern Europe, as they came to his Temple, at Lake LAW, the King told them the following:

(Speaking of his mind’s eye, the eye within our heads with which we mentally look) “In the life before this one I gave this eye within my head to my ‘perfect’ or ‘complete’ or THORough’ Father. We call him ‘THOR’ or ‘THUR.’

In return, He gave me a seed out of his own body. With this seed I then created Heaven and Earth.

At length I came down to Earth, born of my mother, FREE, and lived among my people in Asaland. At the end of my work there I was hung upon the Tree of Life ...”

The following are the words which the King spoke about that event, as recorded, by Icelandic Writers before Snorri Sturlusson’s time, in the Icelandic book, “The Poetic Edda.”

“I ween that I hung on the windy tree,
hung there for hours full nine;
With the spear I was wounded, and offered I was,
On the tree that none may ever know
What root beneath it runs.
None made me happy with loaf or horn,
And there below I looked;
I took up the runes, shrieking I took them,
And forthwith back I fell.
Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed,”
Then,

“The branches of the Tree of Life go above all things. The roots of that Tree go below all things. So I descended below all things. And now I have ascended above all things. So now all things, the deeds of all men, are ever before my eyes. But, I can never LOOK to them. All that I can ever look to is my Father’s glory. Now if you will give me your eye, in the same way that I have given my eye to my Father, then the same relationship that exists between my Father and me will exist between me and you.

Then, all of the things that you have SEEN that destroy you ...

The English word “sin” is the same as the word “seen.” Anciently it meant that which your inner eye has “seen” that destroys you. In the Swedish Language the word for “vision,” something which someone has “seen,” is still said, “syn.” The tract “Joseph Smith’s First Vision,” in Swedish, is “Josef Smith’s Förste Syn.”

... won’t destroy you anymore, because EVERYTHING is before my eyes, AND NOTHING DESTROYS ME.

To show all this relationship it is necessary for you to first be ‘dipped’ under water by a person having the authority which I have given to the Twelve Asians.”

Throughout Scandinavia and the Germanies the Catholic word “baptism” has never replaced the different Germanic versions of the word “dip.”

“Then someone with that authority must lay their hands upon your head, as I laid mine on the Twelve, to give you the constant companionship of Tue, the third person in association with my father and me in the ‘Godhead,’ whom we call, ‘the Holy Ghost.’ because he has no body, at this time, as we have.

The Scandinavian word, “God-head” (the “head” being the Scandinavian way of saying “hood,” as in “maidenhead” for “maidenhood”) and the expression, “Holy Ghost,” have likewise withstood replacement by Catholic words.

“You may have his constant companionship as long as you keep your eye single to my glory. For then you will be ‘born’ in the same way that I was; that is, you will be FREE, just the same as I have always been since I was born — of my mother, FREE.

Then, what is more, if you will bring your women to my Temple and there both give me your eye, as I have given my eye to my Father, then I will show you how to live together and give life together in a state purer than you knew when you were little children, for then you will BE Wed; and that is my name.

Then you will live together in my Law: Wed-lock. Then you will have a father-in-law, mother-in-law etc.”

His Name

This “great King,” from “Lower Salem,” “Asia-city,” who brought “Law” to Europe, was named “Woden” (in English), as in the word, “Wednesday.” He was the God of the Germanic peoples, before they came into contact with Socrates, telling them that they couldn’t know what was good for them; that is, before they came into contact with “Catholicism,” in its original sense. He was their God. In fact, the names, “God” and “Lord,” were, originally, names that were used for him.

The Anglo-Saxons called him “Woden” and said his name “Wen” when they said it quickly: as the pronunciation “Wensday” for the word “Wednesday.”

The Vikings called him “Oath” or “Othen”; the “en” on the end is the Scandinavian way of saying “the.” So, the name “Othen” means “the Oath.” To this day he is called, “Othin,” in Iceland. In continental Scandinavia the name is said, “Odin,” today. When Scandinavians say his name quickly they say, “On,” and say the word, “Wednesday,” “Onsdag.” So his name in some contexts became simply, “O.”

In a number of name pairs we see him called just “O.” Some of these name pairs are “Thurmond” and “Osmond” = “Thor’s authority” and “Odin’s authority,” “Thorwald” and “Oswald” = “Thor’s wealth” and “Odin’s wealth,” and “Thurgood” and “Osgood” = “Thor is God” and “Odin is God.” Other instances of this are: “Oscar,” “Oslo,” “Osbome,” “Osric,” “Oswell” etc. Scandinavians say the word “holy,” “hellig.” When Vikings used to meet they would shake hands in memory of their Temples and say, “Holy Odin!” That came out, “Hellig Odin” or, “Hello!”

By far the largest Populations that accepted his Law were the Populations of Germany. The Germans called him, “Wotan” pronounced “VOTAN” (just like Richard Wagner’s name is pronounced “Vagner”).

Odin’s Work

“When Odin of Asaland came to the north, and the Diar with him, they introduced and taught to others the arts which the people long afterwards have practiced. Odin was the cleverest of all, and from him all the others learned their arts and accomplishments; and he knew them first, and knew many more than other people. But now, to tell why he is held in such high respect, we must mention various causes that contributed to it. When sitting among his friends his countenance was so beautiful and dignified, that the spirits of all were exhilarated by it ... Another cause was, that he conversed so cleverly and smoothly, that all who heard believed him. He spoke everything in rhyme, such as now composed, which we call scald-craft. He and his temple priests were called song-smiths, for from them came that art of song into the northern countries.”

“Odin could ... be off in a twinkling to distant lands upon his own or other people’s business. With words alone he could quench fire, still the ocean in tempest, and turn the wind to any quarter he pleased. Sometimes even he called the dead out of the earth ... He taught all (his) arts in Runes ... he could know beforehand the predestined fate of men. (He could give people health.) From these arts he became very celebrated. He taught the most of his arts to his priests of the sacrifices, and they came nearest to himself in all wisdom ... (The people called Odin their God and believed in him) and the twelve chiefs from Asaland ... long after.”

We have mentioned the word “Runes.” “Rune” means two things. To this day it is the Finnish word for, “poem.” Odin also introduced a “Runic” Alphabet to the Germanic world. The letters of this Alphabet were, generally, long strokes with smaller side strokes. The reason for this was that Odin brought his own writing system to Northern Europe, which was one that everyone could use to read and write. He taught the people to cut strips of wood from “beech” trees. “Beech” is said “buche” in German. The town of “Buchenwald” means “Beech woods.” The word, “buch,” is also German for, “book.” This was because Odin taught the people to carve, with “wrist” movements, the Rune Alphabet into the strips of beech wood. This carving, in “book” wood, with an instrument in hand, with “wri-st” movements with that instrument, was called “to wri-te” or “to write” in “books.”

He organized all of Europe, from the Rhine to the Volga and from the Danube north to the Arctic Ocean, into a great Reich (this was pronounced “rich” or “ric” in Old English, as in the word “bishop-ric,” which means a “bishop’s kingdom”). Since this Reich was ruled by the Twelve to whom he had given the “keys” to rule it, it was called the, “key-reich,” “kirche” in German, “kerk,” in Dutch, “kyrka,” in Swedish, “kirk,” in Scottish and, originally, “ci-ric” (pronounced, “key-ric”), then “church,” in English.

When he came to Northern Europe the Germanic peoples were already organized the way that Moses had organized the House of Israel. The men of Israel were divided into “tribes,” each Tribe with a “Land,” which were divided into “thousands,” which were divided in “hundreds,” which were divided into “tens.” This same Organization is the age-old Historical Organization of all Germanic Lands. So, the great “Key-reich” or “Church” of North Europe was divided into Tribes (like the Visigoths) each occupying a “Land.” The Lands were divided into “Shires” (the “Thousands”). The Shires are divided into the small Counties (some called “hundreds” in England, “hundra-s” in Sweden and “hundertschaft-s” — “hundredships” in Germany, and “bezirks”). These were in turn divided down into “tenships,” or “townships,” or COMMUNES.

Odin named most of the days of the Israelite week of the Germans after the members of his Family. “Saturday,” “Zatterdag” in Dutch, and “Lordag” in Swedish, meant “Laws day.” Odin said that he was the Son of God, that he was both born and risen from the dead on the First Day of the Week. So he named it, “Son-day.” (In Scandinavia the name of the first day of the week is as in “Somebody’s SON” day, not “SUN up in the sky” day.)

On that day the People of all Northern Europe were to meet and eat “meat” and drink “mead” in his memory. From the people of all of the Communes, of Northern Europe, getting together to eat “meat,” the word “meet” came to mean to “gather.” (These millions of “meetings” of all of the Peoples of the many thousands of COMMUNES of Europe are the source of the records of these COMMUNES which are stored beneath the stone mountain to the southeast of Salt Lake City.) This was the BEGINNING OF “COMMUNES.”

At the small County or “bezirk” level, the people from the Communes, in a bezirk, got together every three months to attend to their more general business, and that is the source of The Common Law of England and of Scandinavia and of the traces there are that are left throughout the rest of the Germanic Countries. The reason that these small Counties were so important was because Odin organized the Gild System to “operate” at that level.

Odin organized the Men of North Europe into the Gild System. It was therein that from Him all of the Men of Industrialized Europe, “learned their arts and accomplishments.” In other words, He is the source of the Industrial Advancement of the Industrially Advanced Countries.

He taught them Naval Architecture. This centered upon the ship which he called, “Skidbladnir.” The Gild-artisans of Northern Europe eventually made the great Viking Navies on this basis; and nearly all modern naval terminology comes from those ships built in those times.

He taught them the art of weaving in which they became such masters. There is one most intricate weaving pattern on display in the Nordiska Myseet in Stockholm that is the exact duplicate of the weave of the ancient “weavers of death,” so named for the death shrouds they made to bury people, in the early days of the Christian era, in the Atacama desert, on the coast of Southern Peru and Northern Chile. That weave, discovered in grave goods, found in that desert, has been found in almost new condition because it almost never rains there.

Another similarity between ancient Scandinavia and that part of South American are the great “designs,” visible from the sky, which are either carved onto mountains or otherwise put over large distances of ground. In Scandinavia Odin taught the people to do this. He instituted the concept of “gravestones” and taught the people to carve in them. He taught them to carve T-shaped crosses and to show him as a “snake” draped on those crosses. These “snakes,” of course, were just two long, parallel lines chiseled into the stone. Within these two lines people would write an epitaph in the Runic Alphabet which Odin taught to them. Because this form of writing was so all-important to them, the Norwegian people developed the habit of expressing the thought, “to speak Norwegian,” as, “to ‘snake’ Norwegian.” (That etymology also explains Danish usage.) We see the same result in Swedish, if we remember that all that a snake is, is a big, long “tail,” when the Swedish express, “to speak Swedish” as, “to ‘tail’ Swedish.” (This might also be helpful in the research of the etymology of the English word, “tell.”)

What is more significant, though, was the REASON why Odin wanted to be shown as a serpent coiled around a cross. It was because if you would look at Him, wrapped around “The Tree of Life,” in that manner, then you would have “the Fruit of the Tree of Life,” that is, you would live forever. The “serpent motif” by which the Vikings always represented Odin, for this reason, as on the bow of their ships or on their great carvings on the sides of mountains, is the exact same as the serpent design for Quetzalcoatl used by the Indians of Mexico.

The great many other distinctive industrial arts of the Germanic peoples, which they learned “from him,” included: the dairy and beef cattle breeding for which Germanic peoples have been so famous; horse breeding (including very large, very small and very fast horses); the “house architecture” of Northern Europe (which is the pattern of most American homes); as mentioned, the weaving, but also the designing of the “folk costumes” of the Northern European peoples, which they wore when they first came into contact with the Romans, and which is the pattern for the clothing of Northern Europe that today is used around the world as standard dress; various types of smithing, mining, smelting etc. In short Odin was the person who was the SOURCE of that Civilization of Northern Europe which developed the INDUSTRIAL ARTS used by the Industrialized World today.

His Gild System, in his Key-reich, is the source of the International Law, used to manage the International Technical Industry of the World today, that is, the FREE ENTERPRISE SYSTEM. So, the Arts which he taught, along with the Tools that he introduced for those Arts, are the SOURCE of the TECHNOLOGY that is the basis of International TECHNICAL Industry.

Odin’s Influence on the World

In Matthew 21:42 the Lord quotes from the 118th Psalm saying, “The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord’s doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes.”

Today the “Law Merchant,” the rules of the Medieval Gild System, has become the Cornerstone upon which rests all international Law. Odin founded the Gild System. He was its LAW.

“How was he rejected?” We can see this in the reaction of the Romans to the Ancestors of the Spanish-speaking world, the Visigoths. Let us introduce that reaction by some facts given to us by the Visigoths’ nearest relatives, the Ostrogoths, after the Visigoths had departed Italy to, eventually, live in Spain and the Ostrogoths had taken up residence in Italy.

During the time that the Ostrogoths were ruling Italy their historian, Jordanes, wrote, “The Origin and History of the Goths.” He began his History, “We burst forth like a swarm of bees from a great island to the north of Europe called, ‘Scandza.’”

If we go to “Scandinavia,” sure enough, all of Southern Sweden is called, “Gothland,” and the main city of “Gothland” is called “Gothenburg.” However, these names are NOT what the people of the area have always called these places and themselves.

The people of Southern Sweden have always called themselves, the “Yoo-te” people; they call their land, “Yoote-land” and their city, “Yoote-borg.” In Old English these people were called “Jutes,” one of the three Peoples, the “Angles,” the “Saxons” and the “Jutes,” who first inhabited “England.”

Now “Jute” or “Yoote” is practically the same name as the word for “Jew,” in German, “Jude,” or in Spanish, “Judio.”

“Why would the people who conquered the Roman Empire have called themselves, ‘Jews’?”

The answer is found in the ancient “Prose Edda,” of the Icelanders. There we are told that back in His homeland, at the east end of the Mediterranean Sea, where He had hung upon the Tree of Life, Odin was the King of the “Jute” People. When Odin and the Twelve Asians came to Scandza the people of Southern Sweden asked Him if they could use the name of His People in Asialand of whom He was their King. He responded that they could.

Then, in the year 270 A.D. Odin’s disciples, from South Sweden, called the visi-GOTHS, expelled the Romans from Romania. With that expulsion there was NO MORE logic for any way to defend the Roman Empire against the Germanic Race. The Romans were expelled in 270; but total chaos reigned in the Roman Empire until 284, when Diocletian finally grabbed control over what was left.

From his “bunker” across the Dardenelles from Europe, Diocletian turned his attention upon the source of power of these people who had just neutralized everything Rome had been. “These people, the Visigoths, who had the ability to walk through the entirety of the European Roman Empire, and then take all of Spain away from Rome permanently, and a lot of the rest of Roman Europe temporarily, what was their strength?” asked Diocletian. He found out about the origin of the “Goth” name, about the people from whom they got the name, how that group used to live in Asia-land, in the Roman Empire during those days when “the Roman chiefs went wide around in the world, subduing to themselves all people.”

Diocletian asked about the “great King” of the “Jews,” who was the God of the Visigoths. Then he inquired of his Roman pontiffs if there was some way that that “great King” and “Son of God” could just sort of be “sucked up” into Aristotle’s Catholic idea of an amorphous blob. They had an idea. Diocletian’s successor, Constantine, would put that idea into operation.

We should now talk about the name that the King used.

A principal “minister” to Moses, as recounted in the Old Testament, was the patriarchal leader of the tribe of Ephraim. He was a young man named, “Osh-ea.” Moses gave him a new name that meant, “Jehovah saves,” “Jeho-shua,” in Hebrew. That man was Moses’ successor who led the Children of Israel into their Land. In English he is called by a variation of that name, “Jehoshua,” which is, “Joshua.” The ancient Greeks, although they knew of that folk hero and Leader of Israel, they couldn’t pronounce anything near to that Hebrew name. The closest they could come to “Jehoshua” was “Yeh-zoos.”

In the first chapter of Matthew, Joseph is told to call Mary’s son by that name of the ancient leader of Israel, for this son “shall save his people from their sins” (far more than what Joshua of old was able to help in “saving” them from, in setting his People free, from their Captivity). After Diocletian, the Roman Empire always used the Greek way of saying, “Jehoshua,” as the name for Mary’s son.

Till this day in the North of Europe the title of Mary’s son is “the man who (quickly) sets you FREE,” “Frelser” in the Scandinavian Languages, “Vapahtaja” in Finnish. (The Germans also have their own German word as their title for him, “Heiland,” rather than the word borrowed from the French, “Savior,” used by the English-speaking people.)

Whatever the Lord was called by the Aramaic-speaking people of Judea, in his day, some variation of Jehoshua or Oshea, the Scandinavian expression “Oath” is very close to the “Osh” part of Oshea, and brings up an interesting name identification. Remember that the Scandinavians said this name “Oathen,” the Anglo-Saxons “Woden,” and probably by far the greatest number of His people, living in Germany, “VOTAN.”

On October 4, 1970, in a session of a General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Elder Mark E. Petersen of the Council of the Twelve of the Church gave a talk about the “White God,” who visited the American Indians in the south of Mexico nearly 2,000 years ago. He quoted from quite a number of Spanish and other scholars who investigated and wrote about the high civilization of Southern Mexico in the early Christian era. He continued:

“But more impressive than any of these facts about the early Americans is their account of a visitation among their ancestors nearly 2,000 years ago, of a divine personage who remained among them for many days, teaching and blessing them.

These highly Intelligent and skillful early Americans affirmed that this personage taught them a divine religion, healed their sick, raised some of the dead, taught new and more productive agricultural methods, and established a government of equity and peace.

Their accounts say that he came among them suddenly and left equally so, in a supernatural manner. The ancients regarded him as the Creator come to earth in bodily form.

That he was a Christian divinity none can successfully deny.

That his teachings were akin to the Bible is now readily admitted.”

Quoting Paul Hermann’s book, “The Conquest of Man”:

“carefully considered this leaves no conclusion open than that the Light God Quetzalcoatl was a real person ...”

And,

“This great being was known as Quetzalcoatl in parts of Mexico, primarily in the Cholula area. HE WAS VOTAN in Chiapas.” (Editorial emphasis added.) [A number of LDS Archeologists feel that Chiapas, Mexico was the location of “Bountiful,” the location where the Lord appeared to the Nephites, as recorded in the Book of Mormon.]

Concluding this background information Elder Mark E. Petersen says:

“Jesus of Nazareth was this White God!”

The Everlasting “Gospel”

This Story of the visit of Votan bringing with him the Twelve Asians, of which we have been speaking, had a very specific name among the Germanic Peoples. The German word for a “story” was a “spiel” or “spell.” This story of “Votan” was always called, “The Everlasting God’s-story” or “The Everlasting God’s-spell” ― “The Everlasting Gospel.” In Iceland it is still “the Guth-spjal,” “the God-speaking.”

Catholicism could not stand to have this name for Votan’s, or Odin’s, story remaining around in Europe, so the expression, “Gospel,” is totally extirpated from the Continent of Europe. It has only been able to hold onto its existence as the name for the, “Story of the Son of God,” in the British Isles and on the Scandinavian Isles, Iceland.

It is interesting how that talk by Mark E. Petersen, describing Votan’s visit to South Mexico:

“... this personage taught them a divine religion, healed their sick, raised some of the dead, taught new and more productive agricultural methods, and established a government of equity and peace ... “
is almost verbatim the telling of the story of Votan’s visit to Scandinavia, as recorded in the Heimskringla, centuries before Columbus came to America.

“People ... called (Votan) their god ... “give ... another ... health ... Sometimes he even called the dead out of the earth ... (Mention is made of how Votan helped the people with their “cattle.” The special cattle breeds of the Northmen are famous: such as the “Jerseys” and “Guernseys,” of the Norman Islands, off of the Coast of Normandy.) Votan established the same law in his land that had been in force in Asaland.”

In addition to these, the additional mention that:

“With words, alone he could ... still the ocean in tempest”

is a most precious point of knowledge of the Heimskringla.

Odin’s Customs

In the Heimskringla mention is made of what was Odin’s “custom” and of a “custom” he established which “remained long after Odin’s time.”

One of these customs so established by Odin is referred to in the official magazine of the L.D.S. Church, “The Ensign,” in its issue for December, 1976. That issue contained a “roundtable” of the subject, “What Shall We Do with Santa Claus?” A number of writers made a contribution to this roundtable; but the longest selection of these was written by Reed H. Bradford of Provo, Utah, a long-time Dean of Sociology at B.Y.U. The title of his selection reads, “What Would the Savior Do with Santa Claus?” It is on pages 42 and 43 and contains the following:

“From the time each of the children is able to talk and understand, we tell them the truth about Santa Claus. We tell them: ‘St. Nicholas, Archbishop of Myra, Turkey, in the fourth century, was the patron saint of sailors, pawnbrokers and children, and traveled about giving to the poor. His legend drifted north and merged with the myth of the god Odin, another wanderer, who drove reindeer and judged the deeds of men. So, today St. Nick – the Dutch called him “Sinterklaas” – is said to check up on children and bring them presents in a sleigh. (T. F. James. “The Wonders of Christmas,” This Week, 20 Dec. 1964, p. 4.)’”

This is such a fascinating insight into the culture of the English-speaking people, especially when we note, relative to T.F. James’ phrase “the myth of the god Odin,” the precise words of the quote by the world’s greatest genealogist, Archibald F. Bennett, on this subject, as given in his article “The Children of Ephraim” in The Utah Genealogical Magazine. Volume XXI, 1930, page 80:

“The various tribes who settled in England all preserved pedigrees deducing their rulers from this same Odin. These pedigrees kept independently by the different tribes form the best evidence that he actually lived and reigned in the north ...”

Let us have a good look at some of these more memorable customs established by Odin which “remained long after Odin’s time.” Let us examine the Germanic concepts of the “holidays” of “Yuletide,” “Mid-Summer,” “Easter,” and “All-Hallows.”

Yuletide

Scrupulously trying to follow the Bible, the Puritan founders of the USA felt, as they had been taught by their Catholic mentors for centuries, that their ancestral customs were pagan and against Jesus Christ. Accordingly, the custom of the English Yuletide was not brought from Old England to New England directly. However, the spontaneous joy of the season could not be evaded, and the expressions used by the Dutch of New York came to be used by the English-speaking people of North America. The Dutch, because of their central position in trade between the Germanic and Mediterranean worlds, for some reason had been manipulated to use the name of the Byzantine, Nicholas of Myra, as the central figure in the gift-visit at the center of the ancient Germanic Yuletide celebration. That Dutch generated expression, “Santa Claus,” thus introduced itself into Anglo North America. The English in Old England, of course, neither had the reason nor motive to indulge in this additional bit of Byzantine tricking. To this day that person at the center of their ancestral Germanic Holiday is called by the rather non-identifying name of, “Father Christmas,” by the English-speaking people not living in North America. This leaves the matter open as to “who” this “Father” in this ancient, ancestral holiday of these Germanic peoples was. Well, it was their God, Woden, who used to drive around at Yuletide in Sweden, in a sleigh drawn by reindeer, to congratulate children on their faithfulness to the Law and bring them beautiful gifts, in those ancient times when the Ancestors of the English-speaking people still lived in Sweden or there about.

The basic concept of the Yuletide is seen in the German word for it: “Weihnacht.” “Weihnacht” means “‘set-apart’ night,” the idea being that the “longest” night in a year is the beginning of the “solar new year,” “set-apart” (“Weih-” in German) by Votan’s particular use of it in His Plan for how His people operated. “What does the ‘solar new year’ have to do with Jesus Christ?” That is answered through a rephrasing of Dr. Bradford’s question, “What Would the Savior Do With Santa Claus?” to be “What is the relation of Jesus Christ to Votan?”

Catholicism, of course, wanted to steer people far away from considering that idea, so it came up with the ridiculous lie that the Lord was born at Mid-winter.

Votan apparently wanted to use the first twelve days of the solar new year to thank everyone for their faithfulness to the Law during the past year and for all of the work that the people, young and old, had done for the Purpose or Sake of the Law.

“Why twelve?”

Everything which Votan did was by “twelves.” The Germanic “year” had “twelve” months (as can be seen from the Finnish names for those twelve Germanic months, which are still employed in Finland, or the German folk names, still used in Switzerland). The Romans only had ten months before their encounter with the Germanic calendar.

Odin divided the day into two “twelve” hour periods. These are divided and subdivided by a multiple of twelve.

In the technology which Odin taught to the Craftsmen in their Gilds, He taught that He was the measurement of everything that is. They should use as their standard His “foot.” His foot, as presumably most people’s, is divisible by “twelve” of His “thumb-widths,” the concept of the “inch” (In Spanish the word, “inch,” is still said, in Spanish, “a thumb’s width,”)

“What of the Christmas tree?”

Odin won the Salvation of his People hanging on a “tree.” (In Robin Hood’s day the people of the Danelaw of England were still using the expression “by him who hung on the tree,” used so frequently in the “Ballad of Robin Hood,” rather than thinking of a “cross.”) The glorious lights on the tree refer to the glorious gifts he won for his people in his struggle for them on the tree. Odin’s followers felt that it was an “evergreen” tree, perhaps, in part, because the tree in the mild Mediterranean climate used to make the cross didn’t shed its leaves like North European trees do. That they felt that tree was the Holly tree is explicit. The name, “Holly” means, “Holy” in Old English. The “Holly wreath” with its spines and red berries signified the crown of thorns and drops of the Lord’s blood. (For this, refer to “the Ghost of Christmas Present,” in Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol,” where the jolly giant, “Father Christmas,” wears a holly wreath around his head like the Savior wore his “Crown of Thorns.” The custom of the burning of the “Yule log” could be related to these other concepts of the “tree.” Lastly, the etymology of the ancient Scandinavian word “Yule” seems to be a derivative of, “Jute,” as the Danish word for their, “Jut-land,” (from the name, “Jute”) is pronounced, “Yule-land.”

Other Holidays

Another ancient “holy day,” “holiday,” still kept in Northern Europe, is the Mid-Summer Night’s celebration ...

Just as Yule day is the shortest day of the year, so Mid-Summer is the longest. It too was used in a festival way, most likely to bring people to think about the fact that for all of the things which they planned, during the twelve days of the Yuletide, to get done during the coming twelve months, then beginning, the time was now half gone. People still stay up all night and burn huge bon-fires in Northern Europe on Mid-Summer Night.

Odin rose from the dead at Easter. The meaning of the word “Easter” must be full of meaning because of the efforts of Catholicism to eradicate it. The Old Norse word “easter” means, literally, “the East.” A central concept of “Easter” is that when the first light of the Sun came out of, “the East,” the Spirit of God came back to His body.

The concepts of new life (represented by such things as the Easter Egg and the Easter Bunny etc.) are easily associated with Odin’s resurrection and the fact that he was also born at the general time of the Eastertide.

The influence of Easter is still so powerful on the ancient peoples of Russia, through which Odin and his company went, that to this day the godless Soviet Union knows no way of changing the name that comes up every week as the peoples’ name for, “Sunday,” from being called, “Easter” or, more precisely, “Resurrection” day.

The influence of Easter on Germany, as well as all lands relying on the parliamentary precept, is seen in the name for Germany’s Parliaments. Its main Parliament was always “the Reichstag.” Each of the “Lands” that combine to form Germany have their “regional Parliament,” called, a “Landtag,” in German. The present Parliament of Germany is, the “Bundestag.” The German word, “tag” means, “day.” “What is the ‘day’ or ‘tag’ upon which the typical German ‘Tag’ (meaning a “Parliament”) meets?” It is on Easter Day, “Ostertag” in German. It is for this reason that the Catholic Church, during the Middle Ages an element of the German Empire, went to such lengths to devise a usable formula for determining upon which Sunday Easter would fall.

We have now talked of a holiday in the winter, summer and spring. The last one of which we shall speak comes in the Fall: “All Hallows.” Odin told the people that if they were members of His Body and working toward the Purpose of that Body, then they would have as a constant Companion, “in their individual physical bodies,” the Holy Ghost. Thus possessing the Holy Ghost always, they all would be “holy,” just as He was holy; and He would call them all His, “holies,” “hallows,” in Old English. Therefore He established that the “other” parliament day, in the fall, when needed, would be named for all of His “hallows.” All of His “hallows” means all of them, those living now and those whose bodies are dead but whose ghosts are waiting for Odin to “call” those bodies “from the grave” to be reunited with their ghosts in the Resurrection. A little imagination gives one the current Halloween holiday, with ghosts etc.

After having covered these major folk holidays of each Season we have covered a distinguishing characteristic of Our Law. The fact that all of the Workers in this Law System got together every three months to attend to their problems, is another essential in the thinking of the System. Because these workers’ Juries got together every three months, the entire successfully working Industrial World, today, operates from the point of view of a Work-year that is divided into four “Quarters.”

The “PURPOSE” of the Law

With the founding of the United Nations on the pattern of the United States, all of its members now advertise themselves “UNITED,” to deal with each other in the most businesslike manner possible. “What manner is that?” Why, the manner in which the people of the United States are united to deal with each other.

“Are the people of the United States united?”

“Well, aren’t they.?”‘

“Around what?”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right, they are really not UNITED at all, are they?”

They could be if they knew what the Purpose of the Common Law is.

“Did Votan tell that to the people of Europe when he came there?”

I am sure that the Votan who visited Europe expressed the Purpose of his Law there in the same way that our Votan that visited the Americas expressed it here. He expressed that in the Pearl of Great Price of the LDS Church in this way:

“... this is my work and my glory ― to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.” (“The Pearl of Great Price, Moses 1:39”)

“But how can such an idealistic goal, which only a God can do anyway, possibly motivate the great masses, the most selfish great masses, who very characteristically spend most of their time thinking about ‘Old Number One’?”

Maybe that selfishness is the reason why the people of Northern Europe took their eye off of Him in the first place, in favor of the tempting “mirage” of this existence, “money,” as developed by Aristotle’s concepts of Catholicism, Orthodoxy, Politicians etc.; but, they very definitely can help out in that Purpose. “Immortality” means “keeping people from dying,” and every bit of their work can help that.

“But, you have to admit that it looks pretty hopeless to ever get the great masses of mankind, to permanently commit themselves to such a Purpose, that is both so idealistic and selfless.”

Maybe not.

“Come on, why isn’t it absolutely hopeless?”

Because if a person is “seeking” that “sake” or “purpose,” NOBODY can take from him or her that which he or she earns, at least not by the Common Law of the USA or the Law Merchant (of the Whole Earth today). The principal thing that a person earns, by “seeking” the Lord’s Purpose, is that he gets to keep his own “soul” (that is his “body and spirit”) intact forever:

“And SEEK the face of the Lord always, that in patience ye may POSSESS your souls, and ye shall have eternal life.” (“The Doctrine and Covenants 101:38”)

“Is that our word ‘seek,’ as in ‘Socage’?”

Yes.

“How can, a person ‘seek the face of the Lord always’?”

When Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery were engaged in translating the “Book of Mormon” the Lord said to them:

“LOOK unto me in every thought ...” (“The Doctrine and Covenants 6:36”)

All right, let’s say that somebody does that and gets to keep “life” forever, in the religious concept of “everlasting life.” How is that going to help him hold onto his ‘Property’?”

In the Common Law, as it has been preserved, a man gets to hold onto his “LIFE, liberty and PROPERTY,” all on the same terms. Nobody but a Jury of your Neighbors can take either away from you, except by the Rules of the Common Law, as they understand them. To the extent that you let your Neighbors know this, ‘Story of Our Law (For Little Children),” your Property is yours forever, by the rules of the Common Law.

Come on. The Government controls the courts and politicians control the Government. If those politicians and the judges they appoint want to take my Property away from me NOTHING can stop them.

I think the opposite. I think that if “enough” of your Neighbors know this Story, and in this day of Telecommunications all of the USA could know so much of it from seeing one television program, logging onto it on the Internet, etc., all of the politicians and judges that have been stealing the Property of the People of this Country, and have tried to justify it by their interpretations of the Law, will disavow those interpretations immediately.

“What makes you think so?”

Anyone who has studied New Learning knows that “Roman Law,” or, really, “Byzantine Statecraft,” is what judges and politicians have used to control the Common Law when the English-speaking people, in their Juries, haven’t understood enough about Our Law to control it themselves. The control that those judges use comes from that “Byzantine Law” that was developed by the Byzantine Emperors Diocletian, Constantine, Theodosius II and Justinian. It originates in the “filthiest” TRICK ever played on mankind. That trick is Diocletian’s idea to tell the World that Aristotle’s “Catholicism” was the same thing as Votan’s “Gospel,” as it was followed by the Visigoths. On this day the Judges of the USA, in the black robe costumes of Roman pontiffs, still proceed on the presumption that the Catholicism of the Roman State, that it got from Aristotle, is the origin of the “Good Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ” [“Good Faith,” of course, still means the “Faith” which an Englishmen bears to the Lord Jesus Christ in very muc
h non-secularized England, from which the USA gets its Common Law and all of the binding precedents of that Common Law from the time of the Declaration of Independence back to 1189 A.D.] that is the basis of the Common Law.

That presumption is their belief today in that “filthy trick” of Diocletian. When THEY hear this “Story of Our Law (for Little Children)” they will abandon that presumption ― along with disavowing their interpretations of the Law, based on that presumption, by which they have been able to take your Property from you REGARDLESS of what Juries have declared in your favor.

“What makes you think that they will ‘disavow’ those interpretations?”

In the Book of Isaiah in the Old Testament are the words with which the Lord foretold the circumstances of the finding of the Book of Mormon and the effect that its publication would have on the world:

Isaiah 29: 11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that it sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying. Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:

12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying. Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.

13 Wherefore the Lord said. Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

These last two clauses are the “plot” of the dialogue between Socrates and the modern person who has read New Learning in the “New Learning” Books. When Socrates pushes “the wisdom of their wisemen” — (the formal concept of wisdom that is the basis of “Philosophy,” which is Greek for “the love of Wisdom,” which formal concept was “invented” by Socrates) that the modern man “cannot know what is good,” “because there can never be teachers of what is good,” “because the world’s TEACHING is based on Logic, the use of words, and a logical SYSTEM based on those words,” “because a logical system has to have as the foundation that it stands upon a starting point of ONE WORD,” and “because no man can teach another man how to be good with just one word” — we see how all of the structure of the World’s wisdom that is based upon Socrates’ concept “perishes.” We found that word that makes it perish in the “Book of Mormon.” Socrates and his friends were not aware that one day there would be such a thing as the Book of
Mormon.

Those two Clauses read, “ ... for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.”

We know who the World’s WISE men are; they are the proclaimed followers of Socrates’ PhiloSOPHY. “But who are these ‘their prudent men’ whose ‘understanding ... shall be hid’?”

It is common to call the work done by Judges, in their administration of Justice as they understand it, “Jurisprudence.”

I think that you will find, in addition to finding that the wisdom of the world’s wise men will “perish” before you because of your personal acquaintance with New Learning, that if you will see that this “Story of Our Law (for Little Children)” is told to your Neighbors who would be called by the rules of the Common Law to be the Jury that could take your Property away from you by those Rules, and if you ask for a Jury Trial when there is a chance that any of your Property might be taken away from you, that if the Jury finds in your favor, no Judge is going to be able to stand up to that Jury any more and, by the rules of Diocletian’s Filthy Trick, Byzantine Statecraft, get around the Verdict of that Jury.

Quite the contrary, I would think that when Politicians push a Judge to thrust some part of that Filthy Trick in the faces of those Jurors, as has been done for so many Centuries now, to get around their Verdict in behalf of those Politicians who appointed that Judge, that far from thrusting that in the faces of those knowledgeable Jurors or even acknowledging that he has ever had anything to do with this Filthy Trick, whereby Politicians have been despoiling the English-speaking people for so many Centuries now, he would HIDE any UNDERSTANDING that he has ever had of the means by which the English-speaking people may be despoiled by that Filthy Trick. This is so because Diocletian and his friends were not aware that in addition to that visit, by the Votan of Diocletian’s arch-enemies the Visigoths, to the Visigoths in their ancestral homeland in Gothland, that same Votan was also “off in a twinkling to distant lands” (in the words of the Heimskringla), on the other side of “This SPHERE,” and gave the exact
same message that he had given to the Visigoths in Gothland to his people in Southern Mexico, Chiapas and elsewhere in the Americas, that their Story would be written down, hid and found in the westward extension of Massachusetts Bay Colony (in upstate New York) by a man who for himself personally, as well as those who would join with him, completely treasured and held firm to the heart of that Puritan Principle which had brought their Ancestors to New England in the first place: the Principle of “Socage.”

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

I heard a story and read evidence that Jesus visited Japan. Can't find the link.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Ezra wrote: January 17th, 2016, 9:33 pm I heard a story and read evidence that Jesus visited Japan. Can't find the link.
It's the village of Shingo in Aomori province. There are plenty of links online.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shing%C5%8D,_Aomori

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

marc wrote: January 9th, 2016, 10:44 am http://ldsmag.com/did-jesus-visit-russi ... urrection/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The people who listened to Christ were the humble and lowly in the farms and countryside. They took upon themselves his name which when written phonetically in our characters rather than Cyrillic is Kristiany. The word for peasant in Russian is Kristiany. Those who believed in Him took upon themselves His name.”
Jesus didn't go to Russia.
He only went to the House of Israel. Russians are descended from Japheth, and are therefore Gentiles.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Book of Mormon says Christ visited others. I believe it.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I want to believe, that records will come forward revealing many GREAT things about mankind's origins, past and interactions with heaven, including visits from a resurrected Jesus Christ.

Archeology has uncovered too many things for the traditional Biblical world history view to stand, but archaeology's refusal to consider anything besides a slow upward evolution is equally unable to stand.

Truth will be revealed, and it will shake the world .

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Robin Hood wrote: February 5th, 2023, 8:37 am
marc wrote: January 9th, 2016, 10:44 am http://ldsmag.com/did-jesus-visit-russi ... urrection/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He only went to the House of Israel. Russians are descended from Japheth, and are therefore Gentiles.
He went to the house of Israel during His three year ministry

To say where He didn't go after He was resurrected is silly

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

tribrac wrote: February 5th, 2023, 9:08 am I want to believe, that records will come forward revealing many GREAT things about mankind's origins, past and interactions with heaven, including visits from a resurrected Jesus Christ.

Archeology has uncovered too many things for the traditional Biblical world history view to stand, but archaeology's refusal to consider anything besides a slow upward evolution is equally unable to stand.

Truth will be revealed, and it will shake the world .
No, archeology cannot disprove the Bible.

I get the world makes people think that it's scientists and brightest minds have disproven biblical claims..... But everything always goes back to the theoretical.

But there is an event coming. An event that will deceive the whole world into believing that the God of Abraham and Peter are not real. The False Prophet will give the world it's "proof" , the Mark will go forth through the world and man will worship the Beast. It is Satan's version of the New Testament.

And it will shake the world.... Heads up

Revelation 3:10

“Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.”

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

nightlight wrote: February 5th, 2023, 9:10 am

According to the scriptures he was to visit only the House of Israel. It specifically says he was not going to visit the Gentile nations.

BenMcCrea
captain of 100

Post by BenMcCrea »

Robin Hood wrote: February 5th, 2023, 9:41 am
nightlight wrote: February 5th, 2023, 9:10 am

According to the scriptures he was to visit only the House of Israel. It specifically says he was not going to visit the Gentile nations.
That’s correct. He said he was going to visit the House of Israel. We don’t, however, know where those tribes - or remnants of them - ended up. Even the main body of the Ten Tribes, as they travelled to their current hidden location, would have stopped and lived in other countries. Some of them would have remained in those countries which is why you have the blood of Israel scattered throughout the nations.

So you don’t know where Christ did or did not visit - other than that he visited the Tribes of the House of Israel.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

marc wrote: January 9th, 2016, 10:44 am
The people who listened to Christ were the humble and lowly in the farms and countryside.
Russia has beautiful farmland and countryside

The sight of God's Kingdom on earth elevating all this land, the earth yielding up its abundance under righteous utilization from people led by God will certainly be breathtaking

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Russia has occupied a strange place in world history and continues to. Right now Christianity is coming back in there at the same time it is going out in the west. It has also provided a haven for dissident Christians. There are some which hid out in the USSR practically right through the Soviet period. In the end times there are signs it could be used for both good and ill.