The Call-Out has Begun! Church Press Release!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Alighieri
captain of 100

The Call-Out has Begun! Church Press Release!

Post by Alighieri »

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/c ... eparedness

Was this the type of call-out we have been anticipating?

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Re: The Call-Out has Begun! Church Press Release!

Post by KurtTheMormon »

So are you writing this just to mock those who believe in a call-out, or?....

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

Because if that's your purpose, it would be better just to let it alone.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

KurtTheMormon wrote:Because if that's your purpose, it would be better just to let it alone.
Why are you sensitive? If things don't go nuts, those who have said they would should ponder things out.

I'm not sure what JR and others will do since they went heavy public.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

rewcox wrote:
KurtTheMormon wrote:Because if that's your purpose, it would be better just to let it alone.
Why are you sensitive? If things don't go nuts, those who have said they would should ponder things out.

I'm not sure what JR and others will do since they went heavy public.
Eventually, things will begin rolling towards the trials and tribulations. It is only a matter of time. Whether months, years, or decades.

I myself tend towards the months and years timeframe. I believe this because of promptings from the Holy Ghost. We shall see. If not, I am happily prepared for such a thing and I hope others are as well.

Tbaker
captain of 10

Post by Tbaker »

I think that this shows that nobody knows when future predictions will take place. It could be tomorrow or 200 years from now. The only thing you can do is try to be ready when it does happen. One thing for sure; from now on I will put more credence in what the Church says than individuals or you tube videos.

red6
captain of 50

Post by red6 »

Glad to have you back kurt its been awhile how goes MED School I think it was? fall semesters are rough

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

There is no way the church will signal a pending call out... no way. Even if there was a majority of the 12 who felt it was possible (and I'm sure just like blacks and priesthood, there are hold-outs on all doctrinal issues), or even if they had plants to support such an effort. The ensuing chaos would be overwhelming and devastating.

This is of course no proof that such a thing would happen, however. But I agree with the church's statement, that those individual's experiences are for themselves, not for the church as a whole. Its the most politically correct that the PR department can issue this statement.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

zionminded wrote:There is no way the church will signal a pending call out... no way. Even if there was a majority of the 12 who felt it was possible (and I'm sure just like blacks and priesthood, there are hold-outs on all doctrinal issues), or even if they had plants to support such an effort. The ensuing chaos would be overwhelming and devastating.

This is of course no proof that such a thing would happen, however. But I agree with the church's statement, that those individual's experiences are for themselves, not for the church as a whole. Its the most politically correct that the PR department can issue this statement.
Christ had warned his prophet before...
12 Behold, I am Amaleki, the son of Abinadom. Behold, I will speak unto you somewhat concerning Mosiah, who was made king over the land of Zarahemla; for behold, he being warned of the Lord that he should flee out of the land of Nephi, and as many as would hearken unto the voice of the Lord should also depart out of the land with him, into the wilderness

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

There is no Mormon rapture.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

red6 wrote:Glad to have you back kurt its been awhile how goes MED School I think it was? fall semesters are rough
Going well. Human physiology is a rigorous course.

Red, I don't want any hard feelings like I have sensed earlier in other threads. I'm not trying to be an enemy to you or to anybody else. I just thought to write this to try to make that point clear. I don't desire bad feelings with anyone, especially fellow LDS members.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

If that press release fulfills people's call out expectations, I guess I can understand why some people believe the church handbooks are scripture.

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

rewcox wrote:
zionminded wrote:There is no way the church will signal a pending call out... no way. Even if there was a majority of the 12 who felt it was possible (and I'm sure just like blacks and priesthood, there are hold-outs on all doctrinal issues), or even if they had plants to support such an effort. The ensuing chaos would be overwhelming and devastating.

Christ had warned his prophet before...
12 Behold, I am Amaleki, the son of Abinadom. Behold, I will speak unto you somewhat concerning Mosiah, who was made king over the land of Zarahemla; for behold, he being warned of the Lord that he should flee out of the land of Nephi, and as many as would hearken unto the voice of the Lord should also depart out of the land with him, into the wilderness
True, but that's all in the Mormon abridged hind-sight. And you're dealing with a small group of thousands or hundreds, not several million.

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

mirkwood wrote:There is no Mormon rapture.
After the time of tribulations, just prior to His coming, the saints are gathered up and protected. When tribulations begin there is no rapture, otherwise how would the saints be perfected to build zion.

Joseph Smith - Matthew:
36 And, as I said before, after the tribulation of those days, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken, then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven, and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn; and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory;

37 And whoso treasureth up my word, shall not be deceived, for the Son of Man shall come, and he shall send his angels before him with the great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together the remainder of his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
D&C 88:
96 And the saints that are upon the earth, who are alive, shall be quickened and be caught up to meet him.

97 And they who have slept in their graves shall come forth, for their graves shall be opened; and they also shall be caught up to meet him in the midst of the pillar of heaven—

98 They are Christ’s, the first fruits, they who shall descend with him first, and they who are on the earth and in their graves, who are first caught up to meet him; and all this by the voice of the sounding of the trump of the angel of God.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

It is not the Final Countdown.

BTH&T
captain of 100

Post by BTH&T »

mirkwood wrote:There is no Mormon rapture.
I've seen you post several times, not sure what you mean by it?
Got me curious.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

The callout = the rapture that does not exist.

After tshtf there will be a fleeing to safety. Not before.

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

mirkwood wrote:The callout = the rapture that does not exist.

After tshtf there will be a fleeing to safety. Not before.
Assuming that JR and others are correct, most people don't take advantage of a "call out". That's hardly a rapture by any definition.

If the SHTF before a call out, doesn't do much good to call anybody out does it.

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Post by Bgood »

Luke said, "Yes there are days that we should be concerned about. TODAY...and TOMORROW!"

I agree completely! What an excellent talk by a prophet of God!

LDS apostle Packer: End isn’t near

By peggy fletcher stack
The Salt Lake Tribune
Oct 1, 2011 01:50PM

The end is not near, senior LDS apostle Boyd K. Packer said Saturday.

Today’s youths can look forward to "getting married, having a family, seeing your children and grandchildren, maybe even great-grandchildren," Packer told more than 20,000 Mormons gathered in the giant LDS Conference Center in downtown Salt Lake City.

Later in the morning, Packer, in his 100th address as an LDS general authority, said fears of a looming apocalypse are understandable, given society’s declining morals and ever-present temptations to sin.

The 87-year-old apostle vividly recalls his own fears for the future.

When he was 17, the Japanese launched a surprise attack on Pearl Harbor. Within a short time, the U.S. declared war on that Asian nation and joined the battles in Europe. He and many other religious young people thought perhaps this might be the end of the world prophesied in scripture.

"All at once our future was uncertain. We did not know what was ahead," said Packer, who delivered his sermon while sitting in his seat. "Would we live to get married and have a family?"

These days, young Mormons may have similar anxiety about the future, Packer said, quoting them as saying, "The end of the world is going to come before I get to where I should be."

To that Packer declared, "Not so!"

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

There is no callout so your point is moot.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Lets see the actual announcement, looks sensible to me:

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/c ... eparedness" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SALT LAKE CITY —
"(September 26, 2015) In response to several news media inquiries, the Church recently issued the following statement:
The Church encourages our members to be spiritually and physically prepared for life's ups and downs. For many decades, Church leaders have counseled members that, where possible, they should gradually build a supply of food, water and financial resources to ensure they are self-reliant during disasters and the normal hardships that are part of life, including illness, injury or unemployment.
This teaching to be self-reliant has been accompanied by the counsel of Church leaders to avoid being caught up in extreme efforts to anticipate catastrophic events.
The writings and speculations of individual Church members, some of which have gained currency recently, should be considered as personal accounts or positions that do not reflect Church doctrine."

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

So church doctrine only comes from the 15. How much truth comes from the rest of Fathers children?

konigking
captain of 100

Post by konigking »

Consider this: the statement is halfhearted, at best. I came across the "press release" through Utah's 2News and later found a similar citation by Dick Gephardt, also here in Utah. I thought, "wow, that's interesting" so promptly went to LDS Newsroom to find... nothing. The press release was no where to be found. Scroll-scroll-scroll, search-search-search. To no avail. Honestly, I'm not an internet search retard either. But I couldn't find it.

If the news release were full-hearted, it would be more prominent. And if this widespread concern were really inappropriate, it would indeed be prominent.

I'm not a doomsdayer, but have felt stirrings as of late. So last Thursday I went to my local LDS Home Storage Center. Half of what I wanted was out of stock. They invited me to pack my own as an alternative, which I did. My discussion with the missionary there was fascinating to me. He said I was getting the last #10 tin cans because of the crazy orders over the last couple weeks. More busy now than ever in the history of the storage center. He said the interesting thing is that the urgency seems to be driven mostly by women this time.

I had no clue this anxiety was so widespread. When I returned to the car I told my wife that this general conference will have to address the issue if indeed the panic is overblown. And I hope indeed it is. But this obscure, buried press release is not the announcement I'm looking for.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

zionminded wrote:So church doctrine only comes from the 15. How much truth comes from the rest of Fathers children?
When looking at the scriptures, who is it coming from?

The track record for those individuals who chose to share their dreams and visions, isn't looking so good at the moment.

zionminded
captain of 1,000

Post by zionminded »

rewcox wrote:
zionminded wrote:So church doctrine only comes from the 15. How much truth comes from the rest of Fathers children?
When looking at the scriptures, who is it coming from?

The track record for those individuals who chose to share their dreams and visions, isn't looking so good at the moment.
Name a LDS prophet in the last 100 years' who's prophecy has come true? I bet you could hardly name one who has made a prophecy at all.