Necktie and masonry origins

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
deep water
captain of 1,000

Necktie and masonry origins

Post by deep water »

One poster posted; "The Necktie is in fact another great example of how the population have been hoodwinked into accepting something that symbolises one thing to the ignorant masses - and something far more sinister to those who originally created it.

A hallmark of the Occult - hiding the esoteric in plain sight, because the profane can't see it. So whenever you ask a person what a neck-tie symbolises, more often than not they wont have a clue, nor will they care for that matter.

This symbol of 'being a gentleman - dressing smart - collar and tie' and all that is a direct in-joke against those who wear it.

Those who work daily jobs in the 'system' (whatever industry) are actually low level initiates of this Satanically inspired Brotherhood network of the Illuminati - whether they know it or not."

Another Asian poster posted; "I dont know where this from , but I remember my old families often said that using necktie is reflects a hanging man, to make others people felt threatened by our ‘rope on the neck”. In other words, using necktie is symbolyze that you are a predator in a competitive stance."

Many sources said that the necktie originated as part of a war garment.

Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Re: Necktie and masonry origins

Post by Desert Roses »

REALLY???? The necktie originated as a napkin type piece of cloth that the nobility of Europe wore to keep food off their shirts in the middle ages! Gradually it got to be purely symbolic of the nobility who could afford to eat the "king's meat" type meals, and as such was a sign of wealth and power. My goodness...the masons are not responsible for something so simple.

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

Wow - conspiracy theories gone amok- this necktie symbolism is a first. I studied fashion for a few years- history way back and never came across this. Unfortunately one can take any thing and twist it to mean anything with a little imagination.

Deep Water please dont go off the Deep End over this :D

Last edited by karend77 on July 11th, 2015, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deep water
captain of 1,000

Post by deep water »

Desert Roses wrote:REALLY???? The necktie originated as a napkin type piece of cloth that the nobility of Europe wore to keep food off their shirts in the middle ages! Gradually it got to be purely symbolic of the nobility who could afford to eat the "king's meat" type meals, and as such was a sign of wealth and power. My goodness...the masons are not responsible for something so simple.
It was an oversight to imply that the masons originated the Necktie. However the origin of the necktie was a symbol to separate the powerful from the weak. What of the statues of Yet Qin Shih Huang's army in China from 1000 years ago. The Roman soldiers wore neckware. Wikipedia states that it was with the Croation mercenaries of the 1700s that the necktie originated. The origin you speak of is an adaptation from the original. The usage by the masons would be an adaptation of the original. Christ had sandals and a cloak. The Sanhedrin had fine dress and robes . WE ARE TO REPENT WEARING SACKCLOTH AND ASHES.
REALLY?????
1 Nephi 11:34-36 And after he was slain I saw the multitudes of the earth, that they were gathered together to fight against the apostles of the Lamb; for thus were the twelve called by the angel of the Lord. Twelve apostles of the Lamb = Gospel of Christ

35 And the multitude of the earth was gathered together; and I beheld that they were in a large and spacious building, like unto the building which my father saw. And the angel of the Lord spake unto me again, saying: Behold the world and the wisdom thereof; yea, behold the house of Israel hath gathered together to fight against the twelve apostles of the Lamb. Multitude= all people who are not Gods ---------Spacious building=world and wisdom of world=Doctors, hospitals, schools, churches, teachings, clubs, organizations, work, and workers ect ect

36 And it came to pass that I saw and bear record, that the great and spacious building was the pride of the world; and it fell, and the fall thereof was exceedingly great. And the angel of the Lord spake unto me again, saying: Thus shall be the destruction of all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, that shall fight against the twelve apostles of the Lamb. Pride of the world = all the things man has thought up and made with hands-------Destruction declared for all who fight against the gospel of Christ.

1 Nephi 12:17-18
17 And the mists of darkness are the temptations of the devil, which blindeth the eyes, and hardeneth the hearts of the children of men, and leadeth them away into broad roads, that they perish and are lost. mists of darkness are the temptations of the devil=all things natural man relishes.

18 And the large and spacious building, which thy father saw, is vain imaginations and the pride of the children of men. And a great and a terrible gulf divideth them; yea, even the word of the justice of the Eternal God, and the Messiah who is the Lamb of God, of whom the Holy Ghost beareth record, from the beginning of the world until this time, and from this time henceforth and forever. When we do our will, with the knowledge and wisdom of man, not the the Lord's will.

deep water
captain of 1,000

Post by deep water »

karend77 wrote:Wow - conspiracy theories con amok- this necktie symbolism is a first. I studied fashion for a few years- history way back and never came across this. Unfortunately one can take any thing and twist it to mean anything with a little imagination. .
I can see where studying fashion would be a great resource for understanding the Gospel. I have always thought history was written by the winners. I will have to agree with you in your statement "Unfortunately one can take any thing and twist it to mean anything with a little imagination." I see that all the time. I believe the scriptures call that wresting.

deep water
captain of 1,000

Post by deep water »

So what do you think, is the tie a symbol or sign of power and pride. Or a symbol or sign of humility and righteousness? Please weigh in.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Neither.
It's just part of the uniform. I usually go to church in my work clothes.
dc

Alighieri
captain of 100

Post by Alighieri »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necktie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just going to leave this here.

Edit:
There is a long history of neckwear worn by soldiers (Roman), whether as part of a uniform or as a symbol of belonging to a particular group. Some form of neckwear other than the outdoor scarf can be traced intermittently through many centuries.

The modern necktie spread by Europe traces back to the time of the Thirty Years' War (1618–1648) when Croatian mercenaries from the Croatian Military Frontier in French service, wearing their traditional small, knotted neckerchiefs, aroused the interest of the Parisians. Due to the slight difference between the Croatian word for Croats, Hrvati, and the French word, Croates, the garment gained the name "cravat" ("cravate" in French).[2] The boy-king Louis XIV began wearing a lace cravat about 1646, when he was seven, and set the fashion for French nobility. This new article of clothing started a fashion craze in Europe; both men and women wore pieces of fabric around their necks. From its introduction by the French king, men wore lace cravats, or jabots, that took a large amount of time and effort to arrange. These cravats were often tied in place by cravat strings, arranged neatly and tied in a bow.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

There is something to the original post but not as nearly sensational as the author suggests. Nor is it much of a secret, as a Freemason let me explain. The reference is to something called a cabletow. The cabletow is a cord that is tied around the neck of the candidate for the Entered Apprentice or first degree of freemasonry.

It is this masonic usesage that I suspect the original post make reference to. In masonry the cabletow is used to represent our ties to help our fellow men, we much act to aid of a Brother, using all of our power on his behalf, "if within the length of his cabletow".

More information on the masonic use of the cabletow can be found at Freemasonry - Making Good Men Better, The Cable Tow http://freemasonsindia.blogspot.com/201 ... e-tow.html

I doubt any of this has anything to do with the origins of the necktie but it is interesting anyway.

deep water
captain of 1,000

Post by deep water »

deep water wrote:So what do you think, is the tie a symbol or sign of power and pride. Or a symbol or sign of humility and righteousness? Please weigh in.
I guess I am almost the only one that fills that if we dress up in finery to worship, we are mocking God and adding to our sins.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

deep water wrote:
deep water wrote:So what do you think, is the tie a symbol or sign of power and pride. Or a symbol or sign of humility and righteousness? Please weigh in.
I guess I am almost the only one that fills that if we dress up in finery to worship, we are mocking God and adding to our sins.
I guess so. Just curious: does it suck to be wrong ALL the time?

Seriously though, thanks for some new new material. The usual Fallen 15, we shouldn't pay titing, The mall, blah blah blah was getting tedious.

marktheshark
captain of 100

Post by marktheshark »

deep water wrote:

What a joke, seriously.

deep water
captain of 1,000

Post by deep water »

Are you mocking my words or Christs words?
4 Nephi 1:24
24 And now, in this two hundred and first year there began to be among them those who were lifted up in pride, such as the wearing of costly apparel, and all manner of fine pearls, and of the fine things of the world.
Helaman 13:28
28 Yea, ye will lift him up, and ye will give unto him of your substance; ye will give unto him of your gold, and of your silver, and ye will clothe him with costly apparel; and because he speaketh flattering words unto you, and he saith that all is well, then ye will not find fault with him.
Alma 1:6
6 And he began to be lifted up in the pride of his heart, and to wear very costly apparel, yea, and even began to establish a church after the manner of his preaching.
Alma 1:27
27 And they did impart of their substance, every man according to that which he had, to the poor, and the needy, and the sick, and the afflicted; and they did not wear costly apparel, yet they were neat and comely.
1 Timothy 2:9
9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
Alma 5:53
53 And now my beloved brethren, I say unto you, can ye withstand these sayings; yea, can ye lay aside these things, and trample the Holy One under your feet; yea, can ye be puffed up in the pride of your hearts; yea, will ye still persist in the wearing of costly apparel and setting your hearts upon the vain things of the world, upon your riches?
Alma 31:28
28 Behold, O my God, their costly apparel, and their ringlets, and their bracelets, and their ornaments of gold, and all their precious things which they are ornamented with; and behold, their hearts are set upon them, and yet they cry unto thee and say—We thank thee, O God, for we are a chosen people unto thee, while others shall perish.
Alma 4:6
6 And it came to pass in the eighth year of the reign of the judges, that the people of the church began to wax proud, because of their exceeding riches, and their fine silks, and their fine-twined linen, and because of their many flocks and herds, and their gold and their silver, and all manner of precious things, which they had obtained by their industry; and in all these things were they lifted up in the pride of their eyes, for they began to wear very costly apparel.
Alma 1:32
32 For those who did not belong to their church did indulge themselves in sorceries, and in idolatry or idleness, and in babblings, and in envyings and strife; wearing costly apparel; being lifted up in the pride of their own eyes; persecuting, lying, thieving, robbing, committing whoredoms, and murdering, and all manner of wickedness; nevertheless, the law was put in force upon all those who did transgress it, inasmuch as it was possible.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

It's most likely your incorrect application that those scriptures are referring to ties that was being mocked.

Tony
captain of 100

Post by Tony »

The purpose of the necktie is to cover the buttons on your shirt.

Tony
captain of 100

Post by Tony »

Satanically inspired Brotherhood network of the Illuminati?

Seriously Deep Water, get therapy and take medication.

deep water
captain of 1,000

Post by deep water »

4 Nephi 1-5, 12-17, in contrast with 24-26

1 And it came to pass that the thirty and fourth year passed away, and also the thirty and fifth, and behold the disciples of Jesus had formed a church of Christ in all the lands round about. And as many as did come unto them, and did truly repent of their sins, were baptized in the name of Jesus; and they did also receive the Holy Ghost.-----Not the gift of.

2 And it came to pass in the thirty and sixth year, the people were all converted unto the Lord, upon all the face of the land, both Nephites and Lamanites, and there were no contentions and disputations among them, and every man did deal justly one with another.---------How did the author know every man dealt justly, one with another?

3 And they had all things common among them; therefore there were not rich and poor, bond and free, but they were ALL made free, and partakers of the heavenly gift.----------- Answer to question from V 2.

4 And it came to pass that the thirty and seventh year passed away also, and there still continued to be peace in the land.

5 And there were great and marvelous works wrought by the disciples of Jesus, insomuch that they did heal the sick, and raise the dead, and cause the lame to walk, and the blind to receive their sight, and the deaf to hear; and all manner of miracles did they work among the children of men; and in nothing did they work miracles save it were in the name of Jesus.

12 And they did not walk any more after the performances and ordinances of the law of Moses; but they did walk after the commandments which they had received from their Lord and their God, continuing in fasting and prayer, and in meeting together oft both to pray and to hear the word of the Lord.

13 And it came to pass that there was no contention among all the people, in all the land; but there were mighty miracles wrought among the disciples of Jesus.

14 And it came to pass that the seventy and first year passed away, and also the seventy and second year, yea, and in fine, till the seventy and ninth year had passed away; yea, even an hundred years had passed away, and the disciples of Jesus, whom he had chosen, had all gone to the paradise of God, save it were the three who should tarry; and there were other disciples ordained in their stead; and also many of that generation had passed away.

15 And it came to pass that there was no contention in the land, because of the love of God which did dwell in the hearts of the people.

16 And there were no envyings, nor strifes, nor tumults, nor whoredoms, nor lyings, nor murders, nor any manner of lasciviousness; and surely there could not be a happier people among all the people who had been created by the hand of God.

17 There were no robbers, nor murderers, neither were there Lamanites, nor any manner of -ites; but they were in one, the children of Christ, and heirs to the kingdom of God.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24 And now, in this two hundred and first year there began to be among them those who were lifted up in pride, such as the wearing of costly apparel, and all manner of fine pearls, and of the fine things of the world.

25 And from that time forth they did have their goods and their substance no more common among them.

26 And they began to be divided into classes; and they began to build up churches unto themselves to get gain, and began to deny the true church of Christ.----------- So we see that the author could see the fall of his brothers and sisters. The first thing he notices is the wearing of costly apparel, and all manner of fine pearls, and of the fine things of the world. This mostly points to the women. The man looking in the mirror would see a tie and suit coat. That action led to, they did not have their goods and their substance in common among them any more. THAT IS DENYING THE TRUE CHURCH OF CHRIST.....

deep water
captain of 1,000

Post by deep water »

Question; Who will hide in shame upon meeting the other, those who have dressed in suit and tie(The best dress of the day, like Caiaphas or labon), or those who have walked the earth unkept( like the Lord and his prophets)?

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

deep water wrote:
If you dress up in finery to worship God out of Love for Him, then you are not mocking God.

If you dress up in finery in church to look good for others, status, or other selfish reasons then you are mocking God.

It isn't the action of wearing fine clothes that determines the sin. It is the reason behind it.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

deep water wrote:Question; Who will hide in shame upon meeting the other, those who have dressed in suit and tie(The best dress of the day, like Caiaphas or labon), or those who have walked the earth unkept( like the Lord and his prophets)?

When I worked for a short time in the financial district in downtown San Francisco, I saw some guys wear some really expensive ties to work. I bet some of their ties cost more than their shirts. The suits were the same style of blue, black, brown, olive, but the ties were the real give away of the man's financial and business status. No humility there. Of course, the women with their Louis Vuitton handbags were no different. I like to see a man in a nice suit and a respectable tie coordinated in good taste. He looks attractive that way. However, an attractive man looks just as good in a tie from Sears as he does in a tie from Nordstrom.