Saw A Vision, Earthquake in Utah

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Saw A Vision, Earthquake in Utah

Post by KurtTheMormon »

Two nights ago, I had a strange dream. It was one of the unmistakeable spiritual dreams I get from time to time. Perhaps others might get similar spiritual dreams and know what I mean. They are different in how they feel from normal dreams.

I live in the Utah Holladay area. In my dream, I stood facing my home. The trees were free from leaves, so I assume this was in the fall or winter. My home was destroyed. There had been a tremendous earthquake, and much of my home had collapsed. I tried to look at the damage more closely, but the vision closed and that is all I saw.

In a second dream a month before, I was in my home theater transferring files to a new laptop. I even recognized the model as a silver cased Alienware 15 inch laptop that I have been thinking about getting for a while. My old laptop I have today sat next to it. As I transferred the files from old to new, I felt the earth starting to shake. It was little, at first, and then grew in intensity until I was knocked off my feet by how powerful it was. At that moment, I had the sinking "this is the big one" feeling. That was all I saw of the earlier dream.

I am scheduled to move from this home within a year. Also, as mentioned, I will be getting that laptop soon, (a few months from now when finances and opportunity allow), as well. The implications are worrying.

Perhaps this was just a dream, although it certainly felt more than that, for me. All this last year, I have also received prompting upon prompting to buy preparedness materials of all kinds. I feel that something monumental will happen soon. I feel and sense this spiritually.

Are there any others here who get the same sense of some impending crisis, or dreams like these?
Last edited by KurtTheMormon on June 28th, 2015, 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Re: Saw A Vision, Earthquake in Utah

Post by Rose Garden »

Hi Kurt, welcome to the forum.

To answer your question, yes, there are others who have had dreams like those and felt like something is going to happen soon. There are many on this site who have. I am not one of those people, but I do keep an open mind. I am waiting and watching to see what will take place.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Welcome Kurt,
Thank you for sharing your dream. I know what you mean about some dreams being different, more spiritual. I too have felt an urgency to stockpile food and supplies in my basement and in a large closet that I have upstairs near my back door. I recently bought a used freezer and have decided to keep it outside my house under a covered closed-in patio instead of in the basement. I have felt prompted to collect very warm blankets and now have a collection of 10 or more. I feel they will be useful someday soon. I live on the west side of Salt Lake County closer to the Oquirrh Mountains.

The strongest prompting I have felt recently regarding emergency preparedness is that as soon as possible I wish to have an egress window built into my basement. I told my husband that I think it should be done as soon as possible before an emergency occurs and we have family or neighbors living down there. We currently only have one small stairway entrance to our basement. It would also give us another way to get to the food storage if the home collapses in an earthquake.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

I have only ever had two visions the one just after I was baptized the other a very long story (saw same vision given in Ezekiel 37). But for the most part I have the gift of the spirit in believing others and am not a visionary person.

Doctrine and Covenants 46:14
14 To others it is given to believe on their words, that they also might have eternal life if they continue faithful.

Only vision that I had about the second coming was just after I was baptized (15y old) it was short and did not have much to do with the calamities,

I was in a city with tall buildings and there was a thick layer of red dust covering the entire city and roads with litter all around. There were very few people in the city and they were standing in secluded areas of the building. I was barefoot and was drawing in the sand with my foot thinking what are we waiting for!! a great light that came from the east and covered the entire world, everyone instinctively knew what was coming, Son of Man returning. I saw locally and in my "minds' eye" the population of the world and their reaction, there was great weeping and wailing and fear. I then became fearful as well and started praying and the thought came to me 'you have faith in Christ', I lost my fear and woke up.

I have now worked in two areas where I have seen the same red sand, the Kalahari desert in South Africa and Australian Outback. The surface geology of New Zealand they have sand deposits that come from the Australian outback, I am thinking serous drought and winds and total collapse of everything. The vision was an objective lesson so might have nothing to do with real future event.

christian.a
captain of 100

Post by christian.a »

Hello KurtTheMormon,
Yes, as many people here have already stated. What many LDS people are actually feeling is that soon there will be an earthquake, and as soon as I read your visions, I felt something, like a prick in my heart. I've been reading many visions, including those of an earthquake in Utah. I feel after reading yours, we just really might be in for one. I knew we were due, but so many people are receiving the same vision it's starting to freak me out. :-ss What makes this fact more scary is that SO many people are pointing to fall, (this or next, I can't tell). By chance, do you have any insight on when it was, this or next fall?

Again, it is up to everyone to discern for themselves, but thanks for sharing your vision, because that really did affirm what I've been hearing for months..

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Post by BrotherOfMahonri »

I have shared our dream a few times on this forum - but for what it is worth, the Lord has given us the go ahead to leave Utah finally after 3.5 years of asking Him where our family should go (specifically), trying to leave on our own many times, all in vain, but all for His purposes in teaching us lessons that have been all encompassing and soul stretching.

For whatever it is worth, if my dreams serve to be literal, which I feel they are, as I have the very vehicles, trailer, and the very roads I was driving on in these dreams (repeat over a decade) have come to pass exactly, we moved where the Lord asked us to, Provo UT - when we had planned an out of state move - so without my planning, but trusting God's promptings to my heart in behalf of my family and His desires for us - if my repeat dreams over a decade serve to be literal - we will see fires in the foothills of Utah Valley soon, even many more fires than we normally have.

Dreams:
My wife and children are leaving for the last time (from this valley - we leave by end of July maybe early August) in our silver SUV with Silver enclosed Trailer (which we have both now for 1+ year - were not supposed to have a silver trailer, it was a black one we bought, but last minute they ran out and asked if silver was OK) - we are leaving the valley and as we drive down Timpview Drive - we marvel at the fires all around us, esp. one fire of a school (which now having driven past Timpview High - looks just like the one in my dream, houses and neighborhoods, hills, and vegetations surrounding it and all) - but in the dream we are very happy to be leaving finally, but our hearts also are saddened by the fires.

And as far as the earthquakes and storms, according to the dreams and visions of my life so far, they are coming - I don't know when but have seen many people I didn't know would come into my life again or for the first time, which have begun to come about, people that were in those dreams and visions, people I didn't expect to see again, let alone meet up with in person - as it seemed impossible.

May the Lord give answers to each of our prayers, and may we ask the Lord to be merciful to our families to let each of us know as patriarchs and matriarchs in our own temples (our homes) - what we can do to be prepared and safely on the Lord's side as things occur which things are truly merciful and positive and must needs come to help bring about building the Kingdom on earth, outside the control of gaddianton-riddled government agencies, and the control of the world's economy.

Food storage? Sure. Spiritually in tune to the Lord's voice - definitely. He is quick to forgive if we turn to him with full purpose of heart (that is a merciful statement of the Lord - purpose of heart, not perfections of repentance).

BrotherOfMahonri
captain of 1,000

Post by BrotherOfMahonri »

I must say however, that other repetitive dreams and visions, suggest that although these things are happening (fires and possible earthquake), they don't mean it all ends, just some warning to those who are seeking such warnings of the Lord, patterns in their lives, dreams and visions showing them what to look for as signs for their own lives, of things to come for their family personally. For us, the repeat very vivid dream we have is leaving this valley in a silver SUV (I had this dream before I was married, and then repeatedly after) with an enclosed silver trailer attached, I was with a blonde woman and kids, the spirit was with us, we were happy in the dream, had peace to be leaving Utah (for reasons unrelated to this thread topic) but were also marveling at the fires around us, and the changes to the roads and hills as we left Utah. Whether that means it occurs before or after, do not know, as my dreams have served to be literal mostly, but also not all at once, suggesting, the fires precede the quake, and then endless rain does come at some point to these valleys.

I do feel however, powerfully that this shemita year ( viewtopic.php?t=35567" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ), ending in September 2015 is significant to any other year, due to the actual scripture parallels, the signs that are too obvious to ignore, and the feelings of the heart, the spirit's promptings, and the fact in my life of how the Lord used our babylon-fincial-earning-skills to bless as many lives as possible for those seeking the extra financial blessings.

See also here: viewtopic.php?t=37579#p576923" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

It was soon after I had been baptized with fire several years ago that I had a vivid dream. This was before I knew anything about the coming lunar eclipse tetrad. Anyway, my dream was very brief, but I was standing alone outside at night. I looked up at the moon and it was red and it was huge. The detail was stunning and it was beautiful. But something felt wrong and the next thing I noticed, the moon exploded. I don't mean that it blew up into a fireball. It just burst into chunks and fragments, which flew towards the earth and I noticed while it was still very dark, the silhouettes of trees. I also noticed people in the distance to my right, started fleeing. At this point, I woke up in bed and didn't know what to make of it.

After a few moments, I fell back asleep and the exact same dream in the exact same detail replayed with one added scene. I found myself suddenly in some kind of cellar or underground room with my wife. It was just a nondescript room with no light except what little there was from the entrance. Just as soon as I realized this, the entrance had been completely covered by rubble, which enclosed us in darkness. At that point, I woke up and have since, prayed earnestly for a greater understanding of the dream and what the Lord would have me do whenever the time comes. I have since received an answer, though it was vague and requires just as much faith and patience to wait upon the Lord as before He answered.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

christian.argyle wrote:Hello KurtTheMormon,
Yes, as many people here have already stated. What many LDS people are actually feeling is that soon there will be an earthquake, and as soon as I read your visions, I felt something, like a prick in my heart. I've been reading many visions, including those of an earthquake in Utah. I feel after reading yours, we just really might be in for one. I knew we were due, but so many people are receiving the same vision it's starting to freak me out. :-ss What makes this fact more scary is that SO many people are pointing to fall, (this or next, I can't tell). By chance, do you have any insight on when it was, this or next fall?

Again, it is up to everyone to discern for themselves, but thanks for sharing your vision, because that really did affirm what I've been hearing for months..
I hesitate to even really estimate a time. I wasn't given one.

But, I would consider ourselves lucky if the world goes without some kind of terrible crisis during the next two years.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

One remark I do want to make is that in the dream where I experienced the beginning of the earthquake, I remember that it was early morning. Whenever the earthquake was, that seemed to be the time of day.

What intrigued me is just how vivid it was. Most dreams, (if other people's dreams are anything like mine), are distorted and strange. They aren't clear like real life.

It was as clear as reality. I was clicking away on my laptops and doing file transfers with a little USB thumb drive like I have done many times before. I remember taking the thumb drive from the old laptop and inserting it into the new laptop, which looks precisely like this, both in my dream and in reality:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/fileadmin/ ... ropped.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That is the moment that the earthquake started. I stood up and looked at my couch because I thought someone had shoved it or something, and then came that "oh boy, this is it, isn't it... This is the big Earthquake everyone has been talking about for ages" sinking feeling, and then I was knocked down by it.

That was it.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

KTM - Thanks for sharing your dream. I have a few friends and family in UT, and I appreciate you sharing your insight. It will give me a good excuse to talk to them and check their readiness for such a thing.

Just an idea - don't buy that laptop!?!

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

Obrien wrote:KTM - Thanks for sharing your dream. I have a few friends and family in UT, and I appreciate you sharing your insight. It will give me a good excuse to talk to them and check their readiness for such a thing.

I need it for coursework up at the University of Utah, and the warranty on my old partially broken laptop through Safeware would replace it to exactly that model no matter what I asked for otherwise. I'm still saving up for a special component that won't come with the replacement, called an external Graphics Amplifier.

So getting that new laptop is pretty much inevitable. The Lord probably knew I knew that, and would logically draw a timeframe from it as well.

Of course, I couldn't say if this was simply something to get me to prepare more thoroughly, or if it will actually come to pass. Many things like this are figurative, although it did not feel that way in the dream.
Last edited by KurtTheMormon on June 28th, 2015, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

I keep remembering small details.

In the dream where I stood facing my destroyed home, the power was off, there was a dead type of silence, and it was dark inside. Ruin from my home was scattered all over the place next to it. I did not have the opportunity to look at my neighbor's home or anywhere else.

christian.a
captain of 100

Post by christian.a »

KurtTheMormon wrote:
christian.argyle wrote:Hello KurtTheMormon,

I hesitate to even really estimate a time. I wasn't given one.

But, I would consider ourselves lucky if the world goes without some kind of terrible crisis during the next two years.

That's understandable. Yeah, seems like if the visions people are having hold any weight, if the economic predictions are right, and if the Jewish calendar and the blood moon tetrads have anything to do with being "signs of the times" it looks like we need to buckle down. an overwhelming majority of people and events are pointing to fall, especially this fall. This year is a shettimah year.

Simon
captain of 1,000

Post by Simon »

I only once had a vivid dream about the Russions entering Germany, but for some reason felt I was save, and didnt need to worry. I am sure, when the states experience a big disaster, there will be earthly powers that will rejoice and take their chance to come to power. I think it may relate to the wordly power I dreamed about. We live in interesting times (: ... I hope that since I surived the las two years with something that could have killed me, mayby there is hope for me and my family that we have some kind of mission in these troubled times.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

marc wrote:But something felt wrong and the next thing I noticed, the moon exploded. I don't mean that it blew up into a fireball. It just burst into chunks and fragments, which flew towards the earth....
I am not sure what to make of the moon being destroyed!!

There are many many scriptures talking about the sun back as ashcloth and blood moon. The moon gives times and seasons, orbital stability, regulates earth tides and protects he earth from meteorites due to it's gravity and orbit. Again there are many scriptures on meteorite bombardment of the earth in D&C and book of Revelations etc.. I can't comprehend the moon breaking but the sign of meteorite bombardment comes chronologically just after the moon turns to blood.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

It was symbolic, of course, but a lot was communicated to me in the most economical manner.
Last edited by marc on June 28th, 2015, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

I've also had a end-times type dream where I saw the moon destroyed.It was in mainly two big chunks but also many smaller chunks

lemuel
Operating Thetan

Post by lemuel »

KurtTheMormon wrote:
Obrien wrote:KTM - Thanks for sharing your dream. I have a few friends and family in UT, and I appreciate you sharing your insight. It will give me a good excuse to talk to them and check their readiness for such a thing.

I need it for coursework up at the University of Utah, and the warranty on my old partially broken laptop through Safeware would replace it to exactly that model no matter what I asked for otherwise. I'm still saving up for a special component that won't come with the replacement, called an external Graphics Amplifier.

So getting that new laptop is pretty much inevitable. The Lord probably knew I knew that, and would logically draw a timeframe from it as well.

Of course, I couldn't say if this was simply something to get me to prepare more thoroughly, or if it will actually come to pass. Many things like this are figurative, although it did not feel that way in the dream.
Time to get a Mac dude.

Dlight
captain of 100

Post by Dlight »

Just whatever you do, don't buy that new laptop. Therein may be the whole key to averting this disaster! :D

But in all reality it seems that there is a huge amount of people both in and out of the church that have alarm bells going off. while preparing is important, we need to more importantly begin preparing spiritually. It's time we cut out the rest of the cancers in our lives, and take a few steps further out of Babylon. we need to have a special closeness with God and the holy ghost because when things go down there is no amount of physical prepping that can save us without God's added protection and the clear warnings of the holy ghost.

Write_One
captain of 50

Post by Write_One »

Obrien wrote: Just an idea - don't buy that laptop!?!
If only preventing a cataclysmic earthquake were that simple. ... :-ss

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Kurt,

Having lived through several earthquakes in California, I can tell you that you have only seconds to seek shelter in a powerful earthquake before you get knocked off your feet. When you buy that lap top, make sure you buy the sturdiest oak desk you can find and place it close to the door so you can either hide under it for protection of swiftly escape out the door. We want to make sure it is your mortal body we see outside looking at your collapsed house and not your spirit body.

oxbloodangel
captain of 100

Post by oxbloodangel »

I feel I should share something here that I have only shared with my family, with the purpose of conveying hope. I dreamed I stood in a grassy field beside a park. A distance away evil men were cutting down a significant (meaningful) tree that was very old and very precious. I looked up into the dark night sky at the heavens, which looked completely different. A string of earth-like planets turned, suspended in the sky, each one transforming before my eyes from a young earth to an exalted one. It was magnificent to behold. As the procession of transformations came closer to our planet, I looked to my husband beside me and said, "It's our turn!" The hope and anticipation, I can still feel as I remember. Then one of the planets arced and dove toward earth beyond my field of vision and the earth trembled. I asked my husband if he thought we'd see another earthquake, but that was the end of the dream.

"And that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradiasical glory!"

God knows I have a lot of fear that I have to fight. I believe troubled times lie ahead, and this image gave me tremendous hope. Imagine when it is finally OUR TURN!

Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Post by Desert Roses »

About 15 years ago, I was living in West Valley in a rental home. I was sad and somewhat frustrated that I could not afford to purchase a home. I lived near some homes just being built that I really longed to be able to purchase. One day, as I was driving, and praying again, telling the Lord of my frustration and unhappiness, I had a vision of these homes in flames. From the spot I was driving, I could see across the valley to the downtown SLC area with its skyscrapers, and I saw flames there, as well. The streets were in pieces, as if there'd been an earthquake that lifted the ground under them. THe words the Lord gave me was that I shouldn't be concerned; the day would come that these homes would be vacant and I could have any of them I wanted, if I still wanted them. (I don't--I am very happy in the lovely home in St. George that the Lord saw fit to place in our stewardship).

Another dream, more recently was that I was in a cemetery on a cold morning. As I looked, I saw the concrete tops of the graves slid back, and I looked down into the graves to see bones beginning to glow and move, and I realized it was resurrection morn. I started dancing around, exclaiming excitedly to my husband, "It's that day!! It's that day!" I hurried over to my son's grave (he died in 1995 at the age of 17 after a life of severe brain injury and physical debilitation). He was sitting in his wheelchair, looking slightly confused. I took his hand and told him, "You don't need this chair anymore!" I woke up at that point, but since I am one who rarely remembers dreams, this one has stuck in my mind, with vivid details.

freedomnator
Hi, I'm new.

Post by freedomnator »

I never really post but I'd like to share one of those dreams i had awhile back, if I could. Not sure how it'll be received, but I will anyway.

It was both literal and symbolic in ways and very real - So I was at work in the big shop I work in, in the Salt Lake valley. When I looked up and noticed some familiar co-workers walking toward and staring out the door with very surprised faces, which made me have to run over so I could see out the large door myself. Then I saw a large group of Asian military marching toward us (this scene of the group was burned into my memory along with the rest of it). It panned out then it shifted straight into another scene where they were executing groups of the individuals that knew their intent and wouldn't follow their orders (I was one of those in a group being executed). As soon as I heard the gun shots (as though just to witness it) it shifted again (now night time) to me running to a military truck to find a weapon. I found a shotgun, but realized that it was empty, at that point was caught and put with a group of people that were held captive in a large white bus. Next I found myself floating over the whole area around my work and other parts of the city and every building was abandoned and no one was around. Then i woke. There were some other things too, but that was the general outline.